InuYasha Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Old Renew Love ❯ The erasing and Ayame ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Old renew love
By XtopangelX
 
XtopangelX: It's been a long time since I've posted anything in my series so I'm trying right now. By the way I noticed some errors of mine in the FIRST chapter. I'll admit I'm slow! ! Anyways, as you know, the Sun rises at the east, and somehow, instead of making the sun the East's symbol, I made it the snowflake, which I should have given the North, and I gave the sun to the North… So from now on; the sun is the East's symbol and the snowflake the North's. Oh and my story does NOT follow true historic traits such as Canada not yet existing as a country during the 1500.
 
Chapter 14: The erasing and Ayame
 
A few weeks have passed since Miroku woke up, and much to the delight of the group, instead of growing bigger, his wind tunnel grew smaller. But delight comes with a price, they didn't know why it grew smaller, it could be a miracle… or simply a trick from Naraku.
 
Far away, with Naraku, who, fortunately, was blissfully unaware of Miroku's fortune, was currently planning his next move. He didn't make an appearance for days, weeks even, and that made our heroes anxious. What was that saying again? Oh yeah, the calm before the storm.
 
`That wolf is too dense to see through my schemes. However, when he does notice, it will be too late, they would be dead already. Hmmm, maybe I should have him kill his beloved… Now what's that?' He thought curiously, while looking into Kanna's mirror, seeing a red head approaching with several white wolves behind her. `This `war' just got more interesting'
 
Back at the castle, the festivities did not last long, they were happy but they were still planning the defeat of Naraku.
 
Kagome sighed, `How did my somewhat normal… and boring… life in the future turned out to be this race against the clock to save the world?' She looked up at the moon and sighed again. Arms went around her, `Sesshoumaru' “What are you thinking about koi?”
 
“Nothing much” Kagome said, leaning into his embrace, she did come to term with her feeling after all. “The moon is beautiful isn't it?” She said, not really looking at the moon.
 
“Indeed, but it's not as beautiful as you” he said, making her turn around “Do not worry, Naraku won't be alive for long. We are stronger than him together and everybody just voted yes for erasing the wolf's memory”
 
Kagome nodded at that, she then yawned. “Go get some sleep, you need it, we're going to do it tomorrow. Ayame's already on her way to Naraku's location. Well… where we think his hide-out is...”
 
“You guys just sent her to Kami knows where without even being certain?” Kagome asked, raising an eyebrow at him. He just smirked down at her, “Go to sleep.”
 
 
Ayame looked down at the spider pendant, given by Lady Anna and infused with some of Naraku's miasma recovered from the battle, around her neck and noticed its red eyes glowing. “Naraku must be near” she thought to herself, but as soon as she said that, she leapt up to evade a tentacle coming at her. `He's here'
 
“If it isn't the white wolf princess herself”
“Naraku, where's Kouga?”
“Oh he's here and there you know, I really don't keep track of my minions that much.”
 
Anger sparked in her, how he dare call Kouga his minion. The Lords and Ladies might have scorned her intended but she still loved him despite him not returning her affections.
 
“Where is he?!”
“Oh I think I spot him coming”
Indeed, from where they were, they could spot a tornado, though not as big as it usually would be with the shards, coming their way.
`Perfect' thought Ayame, `I won't have to fight Naraku myself…'
 
At the very same time, her wolves jumped in the air while she made a small hand movement and attached themselves to Kouga when he got neared and they sped off towards the Eastern Lands, leaving a momentarily stunned Naraku behind. Now, don't go assuming that Naraku was that easily shocked or that Ayame was crazy enough to turn her back to such a foe. Ayame simply used a powder the Lady Tomoyo gave her. Lady Tomoyo was quite an expert with herbs and this powder was used to stun wild animals when it was inhaled. Naraku really wasn't that far from that. And since they didn't know how long it will last on a hanyou, she just had to run really fast to where a camp of the Eastern soldiers were before speeding towards the House of the Sun.
 
 
Two days later, Ayame finally arrived at the castle of Anna and Yue. At the entrance, she could spot Lord Eriol outside with his mate. She sped up a little more, and so did her wolves. She skidded to a stop in front of them and slightly bowed and motioned for the demon behind her who was struggling. She has had enough of listening to him whine and yell and shout the whole two days she has been with him. Hell, even the soldiers couldn't make him shut up, they tried gagging him but he just ate through the cord. She was going crazy, `How did I even find him attractive?'
 
“Lady Ayame, are you alright?” Lady Tomoyo asked her “You seem very tired”
“Thank you for your concern milady but this wolf has worn me down with his incessant babbling.”
“I'll give you babb-” Once again, she shoved something in his mouth to shut him up but she knew it wasn't going to last for long. “Please hurry with the spell; I can't stand this much longer!” She said. Her wolves and she swiftly followed the two when they were brought to the center of the garden; where they were all waiting for her and her prisoner.
“Ayame” Kagome said at her sight, she has been pacing in the garden, much to her friends' annoyance and concern, waiting for the late Ayame. She was supposed to arrive yesterday but was delayed. “Why are you late?”
“Trying to shut Mr. Babbling-Mouth here”
 
Once again, Kouga went off, before Ayame had to stuff his mouth again. “Can we please hurry this up? No disrespect intended but HE'S ANNOYING ME!!!!!!”
 
The Ladies all went giggling despite the serious situation at hand but were soon brought back to order by their mates, or intended, “Very well, let's proceed.” Said Sesshomaru
 
They all gathered around a now successfully bound and gagged Kouga and Sakura began her chant.
“The key that holds the power of the stars.
Reveal your true form to me.
I, Sakura, command thee under convert.
Release!”
 
A bright golden light circle shone under her feet and a beautiful long pink staff with a star on top appeared. After her, Eriol began his own chant.
“I call upon the powers of the day and the night
Sun and Darkness unleash your might
Release!”
A similar circle with different signs appeared underneath his feet and an even longer golden staff with a sun on top appeared in his hand.
 
Those who didn't know the story watched in awe at the released and those who just found out had the same look on their face. Those who were used only looked on in amusement but they had to remind them that there was a task at hand and they had to get it over with as soon as you can. “Hmm Hmmm” Syaoran racked his throat and motioned to the wolf on the floor. “Oh right” Sakura said and turned to him along side with Eriol.
 
After her card catching adventures in her long life, Sakura has learned that combining her cards had different use, such as combining The Lock, The Erase, The Return and The Illusion can make you erase someone's memory and replace it with something else. The good thing about it is that she has gotten powerful enough for the spell to hold until the one who the spell was cast upon dies. It was considered dark in her own book but then again, it is only evil if you use it as such.
 
Calling upon those cards separately was no problem for the auburn haired woman nor is calling them together, but having to make sure it stays on for that long, she had to call in one last card. This card, she created it herself, she called it The Seal. Cards that she created herself were extremely tiring to use hence why she had to have Eriol's help to seal it.
“RETURN, ERASE, LOCK, ILLUSION, SEAL
Work your magic on this soul.”
 
A black swirl, a female joker, a lock and a pink entity came out of the staff along with the circle that was under her feet and a similar circle appeared but this time it joined his siblings around the poor wolf. At the same time, Eriol conjured some of his newly made cards; The Heal, The Rest and The Power. He remade the Power card maybe a century ago, but with different abilities, this time, not only focusing in muscle strength but also in magical strength. Those three appeared as, in respective order, a red cross, a cat and a small girl and they circled Sakura this time. While the five cards worked on Kouga, these three were working on the card mistress.
 
Five minutes later, Sakura stumbled a bit and all five cards went away and so did Eriol's. Syaoran moved to catch her but before he did, she mumbled out one last card before falling completely, “SLEEP” A little winged girl appeared and went over to Kouga, she touched him lightly with powder and he instantly fell asleep and so did the emerald eyed lady.
 
Everyone else was watching with bated breaths, and when Eriol nodded, relief busted in their minds. Kagome, Sango, Miroku, Shippo and Inuyasha thought they gained back a friend while the others thought they gained back an ally. Ayame just stood there, not sure how to react, in those short two days, she completely lost interest in the brash wolf, and well, she had to find a new goal now… Hey! Didn't she spot that foreign lord from, what was it called again, Canada she think, well, he was pretty cute. What was his name again, Jack? Henry? John? Oh well, she might as well find out, she was sure he didn't leave yet, there was still a few Lord and Lady resting at the castle.
 
The big crew watched as she walked off and wondered what was going through the head of the wolf princess now. Nonetheless, they went back to Kouga and saw him still sleeping on the floor. Anna slightly smiled and motioned for a servant to bring him into a chamber, a guarded chamber at that.
 
His fingers slightly twitched and soon enough, his whole arm began moving. Eyelids opened wide and red pupils started to look around. The man slowly turned his head and started to inspect his surrounding. The man grinned and fangs protruded from his mouth, “fools” he whispered, looking at the dead carcasses around him. His sharp eyes spied some movement in the bushes and instantly were discovered as enemies. His weapons of choice immediately shot off towards them and they were instantly pierced through the heart.
 
“Oh girls, Daddy's back…”
High above the grounds, a passing by wind sorceress and soul sucking girl both unknowingly shivered.
 
Back at the castle, Ayame was walking towards the dining room; it was noon or so said the sun, and suddenly bumped into a hard chest. She looked up and saw exactly who she was planning on meeting. That cute lord from Canada, she finally remembered his name it was Jacques, was the one that she bumped into. She smirked in her head, and meekly apologized to the beaver youkai in front of her. The man has dark brown hair and matching eyes, and he didn't have the typical beaver teeth, he, instead possessed fangs. He was tall and had what seemed to be a red leaf on his forehead. She suddenly caught a scent, and her eyes widened, `Of course, this lord had to be mated!' She turned around and stormed off without glancing back, leaving a confused beaver in her wake.