InuYasha Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi no Tsubasa ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, this counts as an update, right? :P I got bored and so I started a new story. Some people might ask, “but this isn't the winner of the poll?” I should probably clear that up. By the poll, I meant what story should I write after I get started on the stories I already planned to write. Descriptions are up in my profile. Anyways, this is a Kingdom Hearts/Inuyasha crossover. Just so you know, in this story, Kagome went down the well at fourteen. Since there's no time line in Inuyasha, I had to make do. Sora and the others are one year older than they were in Kingdom Hearts 2. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: I own neither Inuyasha nor Kingom Hearts. I only wish I did.
Prologue
Darkness seeped from the ground, rolling in menacing waves. I backed up as pitch black darkness advanced. My muscles tensed as I noticed glowing yellow eyes staring out from the impenetrable black. I could hear the faint scuttle of numerous claws scratching in the ground. I felt cold sweat drip down the side of my cheek as my heart thumped loudly in my heart. The yellow eyes were coming closer and closer. I tried to back away but my legs were locked into place.
`Move, move! No, get away, get away!' I silently screamed in my head. My voice was gone too. Still the shadows advanced, creeping forth slowly but steadily. I felt a cold chill as the first of the shadows reached me. It curiously dipped its head to the side and slithered up to my leg. The shadow hesitantly reached out a claw. It seemed as if that was a signal because the army of yellow eyes advanced. I squeezed my eyes and screamed internally as I felt the claws rip into my chest, seeking, searching for something.
Kagome gasped as she sat up, her heart pounding in her chest almost painfully. Tremors made their way up and done her body as she remembered the terrifying nightmare she had just had. Slowly, she took in her surroundings, looking at every corner of her bedroom in an attempt to calm herself, to reassure herself that she was no long in the place. This was the fifth night in a row that she had had that dream. Every single time, she had been in the dark, unable to see anything except for the glowing yellow eyes that had stared back at her with no intelligence and no emotion except for hunger. Every time the nightmare had gotten clearer and more realistic. The first time she had had the nightmare, none of her senses were used. She could only sense that it was dark around her. The second night, her sense of smell returned and she could smell a musty, almost rotting smell. It was like the smell of a room that had been abandoned to the elements, slowly decaying. The third night was when she tasted the musty air, devoid of living things. The fourth time had been when her hearing had returned. There was little sound except for the faint scuttling of various claws that had come ever closer. That was the first time Kagome had felt a sense of fear from her dream. Before, there had only been a curious sense of detachment, like a viewer watching a movie that had no sound or color. The fifth night, tonight, was when everything came back. This time she had gone into that shadow realm with all of her senses intact and she had opened her eyes to the hungry shadows with yellow eyes.
Kagome jumped as she saw something from the corner of her eye. She whipped around, clutching the blanket to her chest. She let out a sigh of relief as she realized that it was only her reflection in the vanity. Kagome took the chance to examine her reflection. Her fitful sleeping was taking a toll on her body and it showed in her reflection. Her sapphire eyes, so lively before, were now dull and glazed with weariness and her raven hair was lank and lusterless. Kagome huffed in disgust.
`Inuyasha's probably going to go on about Kikyo again. He's going to say that I will never be as beautiful or powerful as Kikyo. Though right now, I guess I have to agree.'
Kagome smiled a self-mocking smile. Ah yes, Inuyasha. The now sixteen year old girl had been traveling with him for two years and during that time, she had fallen in and out of love with him. At least, she was trying to convince herself that she did not have any more romantic feelings for the hanyou. Kagome still found that she felt a slight twinge when the hanyou compared her to her incarnation and belittled her achievements. She had worked hard over the last year to improve her fighting. Her archery had improved to the point that she could hit almost all her targets and she could now heal small scratches and the like with her miko powers, which she had honed. Sango had trained her in the arts of sword fighting and she could now hold her own against a moderately well trained samurai, as was demonstrated when she was attacked by one. Kagome would not consider herself a master at the sword by any means and she knew that she would probably be dead in five seconds flat if she fought seriously against a skilled fencer. Still, even Sango had said that her fighting had improved massively and she no longer had to depend on others all of the time.
Kagome sighed and slipped out of her bed. It was only 6:30 AM but she had come to learn that after having the nightmare, she could never get back to sleep.
`I might as well get dressed. Inuyasha will be here any minute griping about how I stayed too long.' Kagome rolled her eyes. She had come to learn that when she said three days, it somehow came across as one day and so even though they had “agreed” on a week, chances are, Inuyasha would decide to barge in today. She and Inuyasha had argued again about her going home and it had ended with Inuyasha's face planted in a five foot crater. `Seriously, why is he so against my going home for a few days? I had to sit him just to get him to agree to a week. Jerk… Why do I even stay with him?' Of course she knew the reason; it was her responsibility to collect the fragments of the Shikon no Tama since it was her fault that it had been shattered. As Kagome slipped on her clothes, she thought about the end of her adventures. The jewel was now almost complete. All of the remaining shards were in Naraku's, hers, and Kouga's possession. Kagome knew in her heart that her adventures in the Sengoku Jidai were almost over. There was no guarantee that the well would still allow her to travel between the two times after the Shikon was complete and even if she still could, she wasn't sure if she should. Her life in the modern era was a mess. She was so behind in her school work that there would be no chance that she could get into a good college. Kagome felt despair every time she was reminded that she had no future in the modern era, and she did not belong in the Feudal Era either.
Kagome was startled to find that during her contemplations, she had dressed and brushed her hair. She had forsaken the green sailor outfit in favor of something that was easier to fight in and was less revealing. She now wore a sleeve-less blue Chinese style fighting outfit that had slits up to her thighs. The dress had silver and gold embroidery that formed sakura blossoms and crescent moons. The dress had a high collar with silver buttons. Her waist length hair was left to flow gently down her back. She wore black shorts inside the dress and black fingerless gloves that went to her elbow with black leather straps holding the gloves to her arms tightly. Black and silver sandals completed her outfit.
Kagome walked down the stairs and greeted her family. Just as she said “Itadakimasu” and was about to take a bite of her rice, a loud, obnoxious voice could be heard coming from the well house. Kagome covered her face with her hand and growled in annoyance. She tapped her fingers on the table as her mother and brother stared towards the well house through the dining room window. Kagome leaned over and covered her brother's ears to prevent his ears being tainted by the foul language echoing out. Luckily, Grandpa hadn't woken up yet; he would have either had a heart attack or tried to stick an ofuda on the source of the curses, who was currently walking (more like stomping) into the dining room.
“Oi wench! It's time to go! You've had enough time to visit. Naraku's not going to wait around, ya know.” Kagome clenched her hand at the insulting nickname. She forced a smile onto her face that twitched slightly and replied in a sugar-sweet tone.
“Now Inuyasha, I know you never had any formal education, but I had assumed that you knew that seven days meant one week. It has only been five days.”
“What the hell does that mean?!” Inuyasha's face started turning red. Kagome continued on with her deadly calm voice.
“Why it means that I had assumed that you knew how to count, but obviously you don't! Now why don't we discuss this outside so we don't disturb my family?” Kagome dragged Inuyasha out the door as Souta and her mother sat there looking resigned.
Souta sighed. “I really hope that they don't make another dent in the ground. The last time that happened, I got stuck retiling that section. As if on cue, a loud “Osuwari!” followed by a thump and muffled curses was heard coming from the court yard.
Kagome walked back in looking pissed off and tired. She turned to her mother and said, “Gomen nasai, Okaa-san. Inuyasha insists that I have to leave today. I'll try to come back in a few weeks.”
“Daijoubu, Kagome. I know that it's not your fault.” Kagome smiled apologetically at her family and walked up to her room to pack her stuff. Her giant yellow backpack had been replaced by a small black one. Kagome had helped to heal a traveling magician and he had offered her the black backpack as compensation. No matter how much stuff was put into it, it would never seem bigger or heavier. One need only think of what was needed and, if it was in the backpack in the first place, it would appear on the top. Kagome stuffed her ipod, hygiene products, her textbooks, some extra changes of clothes, make-up (in case she needed to dress up for a festival or something), daggers (just in case her sword was useless), her sword, and various other things. She also packed in a huge amount of ramen. She slung her bow across one shoulder and went downstairs. Kagome waved to her family and said her good-byes and headed out. Inuyasha had managed to climb out of the crater and was now sulking by the Bone-Eater's well.
“Keh! About time! Why the hell do you always take so long to get ready anyways? Kikyo never takes this long.
“Well Inuyasha, Kikyo is not the one who brings all of the ramen now, is she? Or would you like me to leave all of it at home? After all, packing all of the ramen is what takes so long! So why don't you just shut up! snarled Kagome.
Kagome was sick and tired of hearing Inuyasha always compare her to Kikyo and stormed off to the well in a foul mood. In her anger, she didn't notice that her miko powers were flaring up, giving her a faint purple glow. She also didn't notice the darkness wrapping around the edges of the well. Instead, she jumped in without looking back.
That Inuyasha! Damn him! Why can't he ever be satisfied? Kagome's thoughts were full of anger and it blinded her so that it took her quite a while to notice that the color of the well was not the usual. Instead of the soothing blue that she was used to, it was now a malevolent black streaked with colors that seemed to disappear as soon as she turned to look at them. Kagome began to feel hints of fear. What was happening? Shouldn't she have reached the Sengoku Jidai already? The whole well suddenly pulsed and seemed to constrict around her. It was suddenly hard to breathe and Kagome gasped to for breath. As she began to black out from oxygen deprivation, Kagome thought she heard a voice whisper.
It is time for you to awaken, little one. You'll do very nicely for this task.
Well, here's a new story. As for my other story, Silent Redemption, well, I'll update that…sometime. >_> Anyways, what do you think? I think that in my other stories I was trying to make my writing too happy, so for this fic, I'm just going to write how I naturally write. It's more of an experiment so if I get enough feedback, I'll continue it. Apparently my style of writing is dark, or so my English teacher says. Please review and give me your opinions. I would really appreciate some constructive criticism on how I write.