InuYasha Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Anime goes to Therpy ❯ Madness Takes its Toll ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Seven - Madness Takes its Toll
      Darres stopped suddenly at the entrance to the waiting room, causing a five-person-one-cat pileup behind him. From their place in the squished mess, Chrissy and Mitzy could hear music coming from the waiting room, as well as many voices singing along. Chrissy looked at Mitzy, worried. Mitzy looked back at Chrissy, smiling happily as she wiggled out of the pileup and went to join whatever fun was being had in the waiting room.
      By the time Ishtar, Duzell, and Chrissy had untangled themselves from Darres and Yujinn (who, Chrissy noted, wasn't trying very hard to get untangled from Darres…) the party was in full swing. All five stared in horror at the scene before them. Madness was taking its toll.
      Flueky's computer was blaring out the “Time Warp”, and everyone in the room was dancing to it. Most had mop or broom partners, though a few were dancing with each other. The Gundam boys had their arms linked dancing in a line. Satoshi and Daisuke were jumping to the left, Nuriko, Miroku and Sango were stepping to the right, Hideki and Chi had their hands on their hips and their knees in tight, and everyone seemed to be going insane. Matt and Duo were standing on the receptionist's desk, dancing and singing like there was no tomorrow. Flueky was looking around as though they were all crazy, yelling something about having her computer hijacked. Someone had broken out a few bottles of wine, Chrissy didn't know who, but most everyone seemed to be a least a little tipsy. Mitzy was dancing along with everyone else, seemingly more drunk than any of them, even though Chrissy knew she didn't drink.
      Chrissy felt something hit her leg and looked down. Duzell, still in cat form, was Time Warping on her foot. Yujinn and Darres had finally gotten back on their feet, and Chrissy could see the music was affecting them as well. NO! It was having some kind of weird, psychological effect on them all! Chrissy ran over with her trusty hammer and put an end to the evil music. She turned back to the room, looking around to make sure everyone was ok. They were all staring at her. Not really suprising, considering she was wielding a hammer, had just brutally murdered Flueky's computer, and was now covered in computer entrails.
      A drunken Flueky crawled over to her poor, mutilated computer, crying over her lost Weaver pictures.
      Chrissy brushed some monitor glass off her pants and grabbed Mitzy's arm. “Matt, can you fix our door? Oh, and we can take the next-“ she started. She didn't get to finish, though, because just then, a really, really mad-looking girl stormed through the doorway.
      “WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY CAR?! YOU SHALL PAAAAAAY!” she roared.
      Mitzy and Chrissy grabbed Ed and attempted to hide behind him, which was difficult because he was so short. (Ed's note: I AM NOT SHORT!)
      The girl's eyes locked onto them as she came toward them with her murderous gaze. “You had better pay for my car, or I swear I'll…” she threatened.
      “We will! We'll fix it, we promise!” squeaked Mitzy and Chrissy in unison.
      “Okies! My name is Britty,” said the girl. “Let's all be friends!”
      Chrissy and Mitzy gave her a nervous glance, then decided it would be better to have her as a friend than an enemy.
      “Yay! We can all shrink together!” Britty smiled and stood on a table. “NEXT PATIENT!” she yelled. Chrissy and Mitzy exchanged looks that clearly said Britty was the one in need of a shrink. Chrissy looked around the room for their next patient and found her…him, him, we mean, fighting with Ishtar over the Duzell-kitty.
      “Nuriko-san? It's your turn…” Chrissy said, nudging his shoulder. Nuriko only growled and held Duzell tighter to him. Ishtar glared and pulled Duzell back.
      “Mine!” they both yelled simultaneously, and suddenly they were playing tug-o-war with a cranky reincarnated vampire-cat. Mitzy quickly grabbed a dictionary and thwacked Nuriko and Ishtar over the head. Both clutched their bruised craniums and dropped Duzell. Chrissy and Britty glanced at the new dachshund kitty and wondered if they could claim it as a new species, then turned their attention to the injured patients.
      “You know, Mitzy, hitting a psychologically disturbed person in the head may not be the best treatment you could offer,” Britty said sarcastically.
      “How do you know? Might knock some sense into them,” Mitzy said, still waving the dictionary threateningly in Darres and Nuriko's general direction. “Now,” she said to Nuriko, “Will you come with us quietly or do I have to beat you into unconsciousness and drag you back myself?”
      “Um, Mitzy? Violent much?” squeaked Chrissy.
      Mitzy gave an evil glare. Chrissy meeped and hid behind Britty, who was already hiding behind Matt.
      The two nervous shrinks crept along behind Mitzy and Nuriko, who had opted to stay conscious. As they passed Ishtar, who was now trying to avoid Darres while still massaging a very sore head, Mitzy called out, “You can't take her back yet, Darres. We haven't given her the results yet.” Darres groaned, and grumbled something about an angry Sir Keld.