InuYasha Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Questionable Ties ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heyyy everyone, I finally I get to post up my second NCIS crossover!! Woo hoo!! XD
 
Gibbs/Kagome is a new concept to me, so wish me luck!! ^_^
 
I can't wait till I finally post my McGee/Kagome one!! I already have most of it written out teehee!
 
Well, get ready for some Gibbs/Kagome goodness ^^
 
And remember, Read, Review, and of course Enjoy!! :)
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Category- NCIS/Inuyasha
 
Pairing- Gibbs/Kagome
 
Summary- He usually went for the red heads, mainly because they were spirited spitfires. But since that never worked out, he didn't mind switching to black-haired beauties with a temper to match. Too bad she was the prime suspect in a marine murder, and he had to haul her in for interrogation instead of the intended date... she had so much potential too...
 
Ages- Ok, let's just say Kagome is maybe five years younger than however old Gibbs is for the fic's sake lol.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Disclaimer- As much as I wish I did, I DO NOT own Inuyasha or NCIS, just the plot of this story and any OC's that happen to pop up! XD
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Questionable Ties—
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Thursday; 2130h--
 
A chorus of dark laughter cackled in a pitch black room, echoing offthe walls.
 
Three cloaked figures stood in a circle, conversing secretly. Rough whispers could be heard rasping from their throats.
 
Neon green eyes shined in contrast to the midnight cloak.“I can feel it…” someone breathed out.“From hereI can feelits wonderful power,reaching out to me…to us…” The voice was dazed, almost crazy.
 
A red tongue slipped out to lick blue lips in hunger. “Mhmm… my blood is boiling in anticipation…”
 
“How much longer…?” The woman with the gold-black eyes asked impatiently.
 
Burning orange eyes swirled anxiously. “Not much longer at all… finally, she'shere…”
 
“Ahh yes! When do we strike!? When do we strike?!?” the woman rushed out quickly.
 
Orange eyes now glared at the woman, before an exasperated sigh was heard. “Tomorrow… tomorrow we shall strike…”
 
Electric blue eyes glared into the air, and the most powerful of them all spoke for the first time. A vengeful, angry snarl broke into the air.
 
“…And tomorrow…it willbe mine…”
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Next day—
 
--Friday; 0900h--
 
Kagome briskly walked down the streets one Friday morning, carrying shopping bags filled with clothes suitable for the date she had tonight with a certain man she met last week.
 
When she first moved here a week and a half ago, she only packed more practical clothes for casual wear at home and her job and such. She didn't have anything that was not too causal but not too fancy for the date tonight
 
Hence the shopping bags filled with clothing more suitable for nights out with men.
 
At first, she didn't think she'd snag a date-or even accept one- so soon…and it didn't hurt to be prepared for any later dates…
 
Last week one thing just led to another as they conversed back in the bar, getting to know each other. They automatically clicked and when it was getting late, he casually suggested that they should hang out sometime...get to know each other a little better.
 
She could tell he was a curious person, someone who liked to figure out the mysteries around him…
 
But she couldn't deny that she was the same way…so she accepted.
 
Halfway to where she parked her car, her cell phone rang from inside her back pocket.
 
Sighing in frustration, she maneuvered the bags so she could reach around and slip her phone out. She blinked at the caller id and quickly answered. “Hey! What's up?” she chirped out.
 
She started walking again as she continued to converse on the phone. Before she hung up, “Oh, yeah, I'll meet up with you in a bit… let me just put my things in my car. Bye.”
 
--
 
Kagome zipped up her fleece jacket, rubbing at her arms to warm them up. The chilly D.C. air was getting to her. As she strode down the street, she searched through the small crowd of people who walked along the sidewalks.
 
Her eyes flashed in confusion as she reached the designated spot.
 
There was no one waiting for her.
 
“Now where are they…?” Kagome muttered under her breath, scratching the back of her head in confusion. Her sapphire eyes flickered searchingly from person to person but to no avail,
 
Still wearing a befuddle look she reached into her pocket to grab her phone and dialed a number.
 
She waited patiently as it rang…and rand…and rang…
 
Kagome pulled the phone away from her ear and frowned at it…a bad feeling began to settle in the bottom of her stomach. Then she felt it…a prickle in the back of her head.
 
Her eyes widened in morbid realization. “No…” she whispered in horror.
 
She ran.
 
--
 
Breathing heavily, Kagome followed her senses, eyes whipping around as she sprinted down the sidewalk.
 
Her mind raced with million of possibilities…
 
Who…?
 
Why…?
 
Was she going to get there in time…?
 
Were they ok?
 
Or were they already dead…?
 
She ran even faster.
 
--
 
Swerving sharply around a corner, she entered a deserted parking lot behind a desolate building.
 
All was quiet…shadows shrouded her.
 
Her demeanor changed in a snap; her breathing went silent, she treaded lightly…
 
They were close…she could feel their energy conflicting with hers
 
She swallowed thickly and swiftly went forward, her eyes sharp.
 
Kagome froze when she heard the scream, her blood ran cold.
 
She ignored all pretenses to be stealthy and rushed toward to the scream, anxiety and adrenaline pumping through her veins.
 
Screw sneaking up on them if it meant life or death.
 
Her breath hitched when she saw them, her eyes widened with fear for her friend and fury for those who dared to attack them. They would pay…
 
She would make sure of it…
 
There were three of them all dressed in dark cloaks, but it was the sight of her three friends spewed across the floor that made her gasp.
 
It didn't help that the coppery tang of blood flooded the air.
 
Kagome's eyes went wide with distress. “No!!” she shouted out, successfully distracting them.
 
They spun around fast and Kagome saw a gleaming sadistic mix of purple, gold, and red of blood lust.
 
And then, she saw a flash of white from the glinting fangs exposed in a smirk.
 
Pleased hissing could be heard coming from them. “More prey!! one drew out slowly.
 
But Kagome couldn't understand what they were saying and she scowled, gritting her teeth. “Leave them alone.” She bit out slowly, threateningly.
 
This time, she understood what they said. “GET HER!!” bellowed a deep, guttural voice.
 
They charged at her all at once, unorganized in their formation. They were cocky, obviously believing her to be an `easy picking'.
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes, taking in the low levels of their demonic energy to account. “Amateurs…” she muttered.
 
There was a spike of miko energy as Kagome wasted no time in forming a ball of pure priestess energy in her hand. The demons froze, eyes widening in terror. “Miko…” one of them, the only female there, hissed in shock.
 
Another spoke, their voice quivering in a mix of horrified fear. “No-noit can't be…” it was similar to a small squeak.
 
A dark growl then rumbled out. “You're supposed to be extinct.” The last one barked in frustration, glaring at her in dark anger.
 
The female shrieked in fury and rushed at Kagome. Claws were stretched out as she glided through the air.
 
Suddenly the female froze in mid-air, convulsing as she was enveloped in bright blue.
 
And then, there was only ash.
 
The rest of them growled harshly in rage at Kagome.
 
The male with purple hued orbs barked out an order to it's other ally. “Retreat!”
 
Purple eyes then glared heatedly at Kagome. “You have been warned Miko…” he bit out vengefully. “We will finish the joband we won't forget you.”
 
Kagome only replied by forming another energy ball in her palm.
 
They disappeared before she could toss it.
 
Letting the raw miko energy dissipate, Kagome ran over to her three fallen friends, her eyes softening as worry became the dominate expression.
 
Her gaze took in their battered bodies as Kagome approached. She dropped to the first body she was able to reach.
 
Kagome gently rolled a man over and she breathed in sharply, her face twisting in sorrow. “Oh God, Damon…” she gasped out mournfully. A tear slipped out from the corner of her eyes, and she wiped at her face.
 
Glazed over hazel orbs stared back at her.
 
Kagome steeled herself when she heard a groan coming from the right. “Ka-Kagome…?”
 
“Taro?!” Kagome blurted out, both relieved that he was alive, but still stricken over her deceased friend. Scrabbling over to the other man, concern written all over her face, Kagome began to check over him. A white glow started to emit from her hands.
 
The man struggled, pushing her hands away as he began to cough, droplets of blood dripping from his mouth. “No…” he rasped out once he was finished. “Sarah first… she was attacked first, a bad hit. She conked out right before you… He stopped when Kagome shushed him.
 
Kagome's eyes flickered to the light brunette woman, slightly curled up on the ground. Her eyes flashed with alarm. “What happened?” she demanded softly, ignoring his request as she began to heal him.
 
His face cleared slightly as the pain lessened. “They found us, took us by surprise…we were running late and took a short cut…” Again, he pushed Kagome's hands away. “Don't worry about me, Sarah needs you!” he whispered roughly.
 
Kagome hesitated, but finally nodded. “I fixed you up enough so you'll be fine for now. Stay in there `kay Taro…?” She quickly stood to move onto Sarah.
 
Taro mustered up a grim smile. “And Kagome?” he croaked out, his voice cracking.
 
Kagome let out an `hmm?' as she crouched by Sarah, her hands doused with a white glow once more.
 
“Damon…he, he called in for backup before he…” Taro trailed off, his brown eyes dulling slightly. “Just thought you should know…”
 
Kagome cursed heavily under her breath. “Fuck…this is so not good…”
 
Taro didn't get to hear her since he lapsed into unconsciousness.
 
--
 
Gibbs rushed into the deserted parking lot, his Sig out and the safety off. Whispering into the microphone clip, he spoke under his breath. “Sure this is the place McGee?”
 
On the other side of the parking lot, McGee nodded at his boss. “Positive Boss. Traced Lance Corporal Keiley's cell right to this parking lot.”
 
Gibbs let out an acknowledging grunt. It was too quiet… “That's what I'm afraid off….”
 
--
 
Right when Kagome finished healing Sarah enough so that she would survive but not to cause any suspicions with the doctors, the white began to fade.
 
Just in time too, because Kagome had the distinct feeling that she had some visitors.
 
From behind, a man's voice shouted. “NCIS! Freeze!” McGee called out.
 
Kagome's eyes widened at the name, and she let out a small, exasperated sigh. Her eyes closed as she did what she was told, her whole body stilling.
 
Another voice, one that was accented, called out to her. “Hands up in the air and get up slowly.” Ziva ordered harshly.
 
Kagome did just that, and she faintly wondered why she always got into messes like these.
 
“Now turn around!” Gibbs demanded coldly with a hard voice.
 
Kagome balked as she recognized the voice, turning around she blinked owlishly in shock. “Jethro?” she blurted out, astonishment coating her voice.
 
Gibbs' eyes widened fractionally in surprise. He took in the scene of Kagome, eyes wide and hair messy. What stood out the most was the blood drenched all over her clothes, hands, and even face. “Kagome?” he muttered in equal shock.
 
His team turned confused, interested eyes on him, their holds on their weapons relaxing.
 
His senior agent furrowed his eyes at him. “You know her boss…?”
 
Two pairs of blue eyes locked and Gibbs murmured gruffly. “Yea DiNozzo…yea, I do…”
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
1,853 words
 
Well… a little long for a prologue, but… yea.
 
So… what do you think? This actually gave me a lot of problems… I didn't know whether to start it with Kagome and Gibb's actually first meeting, or this.
 
I thought this was more… suspenseful and mysterious ^^
 
And then, I didn't know where to stop, so I decided at a small cliffy.
 
Hmm I also kinda thought that this went by a little too fast, the scenes and all.
 
Tell me how it was please!!
 
Till next time,
-RainLily