InuYasha Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Perpetual Misdemanor ❯ Anthem of Life ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Oh and please tell me how to get my whole story on if you know. It keeps cutting off. I am pushing dates and time together so! IT IS NOT 2004! As you know L dies in 2004. NOT HAPPENING IN THIS FIC! He will be alive and I’ll say it is the year, 2003. For now. Let’s set the clock back shall we?
Here’s chapter 2! Yosh!
Chapter 2: Forceful Decisions, Unwanted Visitor.
Yagami sat on the sofa with an ice pack on his head. L and Kagome were the cause of such an action. The two were constantly wrangling over everything. Who Kira really was, what were the key factors of Kira’s plot, who ate the last cookie? Things like that. “Chief, maybe you should go home. It’s been a few weeks since you’ve last seen Light and Sayu.” Aihara said to him. “Right, go on home chief, we’ll cover for you,” Matsuda said. He stood up to leave when the next thing you know a loud crash could be heard. “I think that’s coming from Kagome’s room.” Moji said springing from the couch.
They rushed into Kagome’s room to see her sleeping serenely. I swear that I heard it come from in here.” They closed door and as soon as they did Kagome sprang out of the bed. “That was close!” the thing that caused that loud crash was Kagome shooting more of here miko ki at Ryuk. Sometime’s said shinigami should keep his mouth shut. Kagome got up and stretched. The longer she pretended to not know who Kira was, the more drained she got. No idea why, but she’s been tired for the last 3 days. She already snapped at poor taro and chucked l’s cookies of the terrace for waking her up at 5:00 in the morning. Kagome was about to go back to sleep when her stomach started growling. ‘I guess I’ll order up something for breakfast.’ So she picked up the phone and dialed room service.’
L sat at his computer, still trying to analyze the data he’s collected in the last 2 years. He was about to call for Watari when Kagome walked out. They’ve been working together for nearly three months now and the two of them seemed to have gained a connection that everyone, except them off course, knew about. Whatever it was, he was just glad that she was not working with Kira because if she was then Kira would never be brought to justice. They still went to school together and everything. Light (happy Rem?) still hung around them for awhile and Kagome still acted her role as a Kira supporter. “Ohayo.” She said to him. “Good morning.”
He Had to admit that she looked cute in her pink yukata and her tangeled up hair. Agitated by his current thought he shook his head and went straight back to work.
They sat in silence for 20 minutes until someone knocked on the door. “Ah, it must be room service.” She went to go answer the door and gasped. “Hojo-kun?” “Ah, Higurashi-san! I haven’t seen you since middle scho…” Kagome grabbed him and the cart and pulled him inside the room. “Hojo, My name is Naruki, Kari. Please do not call me Higurashi or Kagome whenever you see me. PLEASE!” Kagome begged. “Um, sure. What are you doing here? I thought you moved to America because of your bunions infection?” Kagome stared at him and he stared back. ‘Could Hojo really be that retarded?’ she thought. “I did but miraculously they where able to stop it so I’m back. I’m here with a cousin and I am under the witness protection program.”
Hojo looked at Kagome with wide eyes. “Really! Okay, um I promise to keep quiet about your real name. I’m staying over at a cousin’s house for awhile too. Would you like to come over for dinner?” “No. I can’t I’ll helping my cousin’s friend Ryuga over there with something important.” And she pushed him out the door, took the cart and slammed the door. “Damn! Of all the times to run into Hojo, today had to be the day. What god did I anger to deserve this?” it took awhile for Kagome to shake of that nervous feeling from her stomach before she lifted the trays to see what were underneath. “A chocolate mousse!” up to that point, L was trying his hardest to ignore her. For one, she was walking around in her yukata, secondly, she was blushing around that stalker kid and three, and she looked, well…cute angry and distressed.
Until he heard her mention chocolate mousse. L stopped what he was doing and walked over to the cart. “Here, I ordered two. I figured you where going to want one.” She said holding it up to him. “Thank you.” The two stood in silence before Kagome sat down and started eating. Following suit, L sat back down in front of his computer. “You know, I tired so hard trying to figure out exactly where I had met someone like you before but I couldn’t put my finger on it. Then, it just clicked. When I went to school in London, I worked as a waitress in a hotel. When ever I had an order I had to push a cart in front of a door and leave. Who ever it was wanted to remain incognito. Then I check the books and the name that popped up was Eraldo Coil.”
L paused for a minute. “Then I said to myself just yesterday. The first time I’ve actually seen Eraldo leave he was slightly hunched over like you were. Many years later, a guest checked in another hotel that I was staying in as Deneuve. I actually saw this person once because he was sitting on the balcony typing furiously on a laptop. So meticulous, like you. So then I said, now where have I seen this behavior before and I figured that it was you. So we have met before. Twice. Isn’t that weird?” L just sat there. “You have so many aliases. Where as I have one. So how many more do you have L?”
“No more than what you know.” She shrugged and finished her mousse. “It is September 12, 2003. What more is there to do? Wait for Kira to strike again.” That reminded L of something he wanted to ask her. “Kari, why exactly do you want to take Kira down?” Kagome was silent for a minute before she told her gravely. “Kira killed someone close to me. I will not stop until he is caught, killed and buried.” And L thought it would be best if he left well enough alone. Watari and the other’s entered the room with Light and Hojo right behind them. “What are you doing her Yagami-san?” Kagome asked him.
Light looked at Kagome who was sitting with her legs crossed and dangling over the love seat. The hem of her yukata was only a little below her knees and the top was loss enough the see the fleshy curve of her breast. Kagome bristled at him and turned away. Light was a pervert but she didn’t help the situation at all. “This is my cousin Hojo. He is currently staying with me until he returns to Osaka. We are her to try and assist you for awhile.” Hojo bowed and keep his eye on Kagome. She mouthed to hi Kari is my name. And he nodded. “Well then pull up a seat and we’ll begin.
Kagome literally wanted to claw her eyes out. Hojo couldn’t detect his way out of a paper bag! What the hell does Godzilla have to do with Kira? Its things like this that causes people to start smoking or drinking. The night ended just an hour ago and Kagome went to take a bath. When she finished she turned off all the lights in the bathroom, dried off in the dark and put her towel on.
Her hair was still dripping but she decided to let it air dry. When she left the bathroom she jerked back slightly. The whole room was so dark. She felt the presence of somebody but she couldn’t tell who it was. Then suddenly the clock on the wall chimed and one of the lights flickered on and off. The first time she saw someone reach for her, the second time see saw a face. The third time the light flickered someone grabbed her and she screamed.
Yagami was once again lying on the couch with an ice pack to his forehead. He couldn’t believe the day he would see L sulk because a girl screamed. “L, I’m sorry again, but damn it I told you to stop sneaking up on me.” Kagome said from the balcony. L ignored her and continued on his research.
Light sat there in silence in his room. Ryuk was happily crunching on an apple as he mulled over his current situation. That Kari girl was something else. She was extremely smart. His cousin seemed infatuated with her as did L and he couldn’t have that happing, she was his future goddess and unnecessary competition was tiresome.
Light stood up quickly. The perfect idea struck him. He would use his cousin as the perfect pawn in his new plan. He opened up the secret compartment in his dresser and began scribbling furiously. Ryuk sat there munching on the apple core in silence. “Hey light why don’t you trade eyes with me? You know, maybe someone is hiding something.” And just as he said that Ryuk bit his tongue. He could feel a burning sensation on the back of his neck. Kagome would kill him if he said more than he should, plus watching the timer over Light’s head slowly tick to zero was entertaining.
Light slammed his pencil back and threw his back and laughed insanely. Although Hojo was family he needed someone to work under cover.
Kagome sat on the balcony watching maple leaves and paper swirl around on the ground below. She pulled out her cell phone and dialed the number to the only person she could think of at the top of her head, “hello?” “Sesshomaru, I need you to do me something.”
TBC
Okay here’s chappie two. Review and let me know what you think!!!!!