InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Beginning of the End ❯ A tornament and a door ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

KURAMA'S POV...
As Hiei and I ran down the passage, guards started shooting arrows at us. I looked over my shoulder to see how many guards there were (about 20). I could see the door to King Enma's vault just ahead of us. All the sudden, everything went black...
PERSEPHONE'S POV...
Chaos and I... We were doing what we always did when there was nothing else to do... Racing. We were racing into the woods. It was nighttime; the only light was that of the silver moon. Chaos was ahead, but not by far. Then, all of what the moon's light had revealed was doused out... To a complete, black, nothingness...
SESSHOMARU'S POV...
I was fighting that damn half-breed again. Of coarse, he was as slow as ever. I was just about to end that stupid lump of shit's life. I had my sword to his ugly head when it happened...Everything went black as night...
END FLUFF'S POV
Sesshomaru and Inu-Yasha who were in a very awkward position and very confused slowly turned their heads to the left. To their horror, they saw four strangers starring at them. Eerie dead silence rang out though the black portal Chaos leaned over to Persephone and whispered
"You take the two smaller ones and I'll take the two taller ones"
"Okay" Persephone half whispered half screeched back to Chaos in excitement. Suddenly there was a huge circle formed of all six-demon creatures. All of which had their weapons drawn. All of a sudden, no one could move...
A guy with really strange hair appeared in the center if the circle. He said
"Now, now children stop fighting. You'll need all the strength you can get for the tournament. Don't worry Kitties, I'll explain. In there will be a Dark tournament held on Hanging Neck Island. You are forced to join; for if you don't, I will destroy all three worlds of which you came from. Oh, and did I mention that I can not guarantee you will have your lives by the end? Farewell, and do train your hardest. Oh! And silly me! The most important thing is that all of you will be one team. Unfortunate for you, more amusing for me! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
All of a sudden there was a loud crack and all six demons fell to a cold, hard cement floor still in complete darkness then there was a quiet whisper as if a scared child were talking. The voice said,
"One can not accomplish this task by one self; it takes a team of six." A door appears in the distance the voice continued,
"It will take all six to open the door, but one must hold it open for the rest. Chose wisely for the one you pick to hold the door because your fate rests in their hands."
Chaos, Persephone, Kurama, and Hiei all rushed to the door. Chaos and Persephone got there at the exact same time. Kurama and Hiei were at the door seconds later. They were all working together, feeling for a handle or something to open the door. Mean while Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were fighting.
"Damn you Sesshomaru! Just fucking die already!" Inuyasha screamed. Then Sesshomaru was just about to chop off Inuyasha's head when all of the sudden, all four who were at the door rushed over to Sesshomaru and pinned him to the ground.
"You fool! How the hell do you expect us to out of here if you kill one of us! Did you not hear the child! All SIX of us need to open the door!" Hiei screamed into Sesshomaru's ear while beating him to a bloody pulp.
Kurama pulled Hiei off of Sesshomaru. Chaos started cracking up.
"We need all six of us alive to open the door as you try and kill one!"
Sesshomaru and Hiei both yelled at the same time "GET OFF ME!" Everyone jumped into a circular formation. Persephone stepped into the center of the circle.
"Okay we are obviously getting no where on this whole teamwork stuff so let me give this a whirl." All went silent
"My name is Persephone, and this" She walked over to Chaos, "this is my friend Chaos." Next, she pointed to Kurama and asked his name. Kurama walked into the middle of the circle next to Persephone
"My name is Kurama and this is my friend Hiei." pointing to Hiei. Persephone pointed to Sesshomaru.
"What's your name?"
"My name is Sesshomaru" He said, "And that idiot over there with the stupid scowl on his faces' name is Inuyasha. I'll have you know that he is not my friend."
The group of six walked to the door.
"And how the hell do you propose we open the door when there is no handle?" Chaos asked long silence
One hour later still, the group has no idea how to get the door open.
"How about we try pushing the door open instead of you idiots trying to pull it for god knows how long" Commented Chaos.
"Yes, but channel all your spirit energy into the door" Said Kurama.
"Now who shall we trust to hold the door open?" Persephone pondered aloud.