InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Black Lace ❯ Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, I've been reading to many HP/IY crossovers, I just couldn't help myself to it! I'm still not sure about the pairing, maybe there will be none, but I'm not that sure. Still, I hope you like it. The plot just popped into my head one minute.

Black Lace - Chapter 1: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Kagome limped to the edge of the well, almost her whole body bleeding. Her legs were the worst of it all. Bruises covered her from head to legs. She was lucky she could even stand. Her arms reached the well's lip. Finally, she thought. Freedom is mine. In her other hand, she looked to it, was the whole jewel. She had risked almost all of her life's duties just for a damn jewel. A jewel everyone in this era lusted over. Well, if they wanted it, get it in the future where no demon shall ever walk.

Tossing her whole body into the well, her heart began to fly. She was free. Finally free. Free of the demon. Free of the pains of just watching friends go into battle. Free of Inuyasha. Free of his abuse. Time and time again she would tell him she did not want to continue. Then, his demon side would take over. Villagers would be curious of all the purple blotches that covered her skin, but nothing would be said to them. And if she did want to tell, her throat would be to bruised to even speak.

As the blue swirls of light departed, Kagome cryed. This is what freedom was! She would take it full on, no would tell her how to live her life. No more shooting glowing arrows; no more bathing in demon blood; no more Fuedal Japan. This just couldn't get any better! Kagome slowly climbed to ladder to the top of the well. When she reached the top, Kagome slowly began to use her miko energy to heal all of her wounds. That was the only thing she was going to use in this era: miko powers.

Kagome held out her arms to the top of the well. This is what I have to do, she thought. Her hair began to float and spin in every which way as the winds danced around her body and the well. Blue lights blasted out of the well's inside as Kagome's spell was cast. Slowly, everything was done. The well was sealed and to never open again.

Walking to her house, she sighed. Inuyasha has kept her in Fuedal Japan for years. Never to return, even for ramen. The guy was spoiled brat, Kagome even said it out loud a few time, too. Looking into the fridge, she saw food. Food! Real. Modern. Food!!!! She immediatly took out some bread and ham to make a sandwhich. If she couldn't have real food for once, she would die.

Looking around the house, she didn't see anyone. No one. Not even a welcome home party. Woop-dee-doo. Well, thank you Inuyasha for ruining my life, Kagome thought as she ate her sandwhich. She put the ham and bread back into the fridge and looked at the soft drinks. Taking out a Dr Pepper, she closed the fridge. Kagome openned it and set it onto the counter. She openned it and took a sip of drink. Good old, sugar water could never fail you!

Kagome looked up from her little meal and saw the calender. The calender is on the right month, she though. Maybe, maybe not. She wasn't that sure. Assuming it was, she looked at the day that was circled in red marker. It read: July 3. Kagome-chan's Birthday. Go to Auntie Suki's Home in Kyoto.

"Oh great! They're in Kyoto!" Kagome said to no one. This was just great. She hadn't seen her family in over 4 years, and they were in Kyoto!? Wanting to take her anger out on something, she looked to the dining room table. Taking an apple, she bit at it furiously. "Kyoto!?" She yelled once again.

After her 'pleasant' meal with herself, she went upstairs. This was just great! There was nothing to do, but wait until they get here, or do something. Well, Kago-chan, what is there to do, she thought. Kagome openned her room and looked to see if anything was still the way it was when she last left when she was 17. Yup. Everything was the way it was.

The miko openned the door to her personal bathroom. Removing all of her miko garbs, she turned on the water to extra hot. Water showered over her entire torso and soapwas rubbed onto her ivory skin. The hot water from the Modern Times was better than the bot water from Fuedal Times.

After washing in the shower, Kagome wrapped a robe around her body and turned on the hair dryer. After several minutes of brushing her hair, it was finally dry. Kagome turned the hair dryer off and headed back to her room. Kagome dressed in a black pair of pants and a blood red shirt.

Heading down stairs, she passed a stereo. It wasn't there before, so she guessed her mother bought it after she didn't come back. "Well, well, well. What does Sota and Mama listen to...?" Kagome looked to the CD case. She saw several, but only one caught her eyes. The CD of Ayumi Hamasaki. She put it into the stereo and let it play. The song Dearest came on. She figured this song belonged to her Mother. (Japanese/English)

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Hontou no taisetsu na mono igai subete sutete/It would be nice if we could put away and throw out

shimaetara ii no ni ne/everything except what really mattered, but

genjitsu wa tada zankoku de/reality is just cruel.

Sonna toki itsu datte/In such times,

Me o tojireba/I see you laughing

waratteru kimi ga iru/whenever I close my eyes.

Itsuka eien no nemuri ni tsuku hi made/Until the day I reach eternal sleep,

dou ka sono ga/that smiling face will

taema naku aru you ni/have to stay with me without fail.

Hito wa minna kanashii kara/People are all sad, so

wasurete yuku ikimono dakedo/they go and forget, but--

Aisubeki mono no tame/For that which I should love,

Ai o kureru mono no tame dekiru koto/ For that which gives me love, I will do what I can.

Deatta ano koro wa/Back then, when we met,

subete ga bukiyou de/it was all awkward.

Toomawari sita yo ne/We went the long way, didn't we?

Kizutsuke atta yo ne/We got hurt, didn't we?

Itsuka eian no nemuri ni truku hi made/Until the day I reach eternal sleep,

dou ka sono egao ga/that smiling face will

taema naku aru you ni/have to stay with me without fail.

Deatta ano koro wa/Back then, when we met,

subete ga bukiyou de/it was all awkward.

Toomawari sita yo ne/We went the long way, didn't we?

Tadoritsuitan da ne/We got hurt didn't we?

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Kagome began to slightly cry at the song. It was so much like her life, she just couldn't take it. She stood up from the couch and walked out of the house to the mailbox. Bill, bill, magazine, bill, bi--not bill? Kagome looked at the letter curiously. An 'H' was printed on the sticker on the letter to seal it. on the there was not return address, which made it even more mysterious.

Walking back into the house, she tossed the bills and magazine on the dining room table. Ripping open the weird letter, she found it addressed to her.

'Dear Miss Higurashi,

We would be greatly honored if you would teach the school of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as the Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher in London, England. The school year starts on September 2. Please be aboard the Hogwarts Express on Platform 9 3/4 on September 1. As the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher, you will be teaching every student in Hogwarts how to defend themselves against dark magic in the magical world. If you have any questions, please ask them when you get to Hogwarts on September 1. All of the supplies you will need will be in Diagon Alley. There is also a Gringotts Bank, so you will be able to withdraw as much money as you need. We hope you will have a very enjoyable time teaching at Hogwarts!

Minerva McGonagall'

"Well, won't this be fun?" Kagome shook her head and began to walk into the kitchen. Time to leave a note for a family that isn't going to be there for another 3 weeks!

'Dear Moma, Sota, and Jii-chan,

I finally came home. You don't know how happy I am. I can't express it on a piece of paper, and that's all I can say about that. Inuyasha never existed; he's only a part of a legend that involves a jewel that grants wishes, a dead priestess, a half demon that wanted control of all the lands. That's all he was and will be.

I'm sorry I wasn't here for the past few years. Inuyasha was destined to get the jewel I broke, even more he was obssessed to get all the shards. He became so obssessed, he got abusive. I'm alright now, but he's not. I still, maybe, maybe slightly, pity and love him. One of the only reasons he was abiusive was because he wanted to be a full demon; that's because everyone doesn't treat him fairly when he's a half demon. Even when he is full demon, which I have witnessed, it scares me to my wits.

I'll be back later. Maybe at the end of the school year. I don't remember, and I regret it, what grade and how old Sota is. Please tell me. I need to know. I love him and all you you so much. Don't ever forget that. And if you do... I maybe just cry as much as I did in the Fuedal Era when I bled from the scratcched Inuyasha gave me.

Kago-chan~*'

Kagome stuck it onto the fridge with a magnet. She went into her mother's study and looked into ther desk drawers. There, she found her mother's credit cards. Please don't kill me when I get back, Kagome thought despratly. I need money, sorry!

Stuffing a credit card into her pocket, she walked out of her front door. She locked the door and walked down to the bus station not far from the Higurashi shrine. Kagome tryed to find a seat ont the bus. But, damnit, no more seats leaft. She stood in the back until she got to the airport. Kagome stood in lines to get a plane ticket. Finally, she pain for a plane ticket to London on her mom's credit card.

As Kagome boarded the placne, millions of thoughts raced through her mind. What would she do at Hogwarts? What was Inuyasha doing? What would Sota think about Inuyasha being abusive? What's Moma gonna think about that money on her credit card bill!?

~*~London~*~

Kagome walked through the crowds of people in the London Airport. Nothing around here was making since, so what the hell? Go with the flow! Using her English skills, she began to ask questions to multipule people at the Airport. None knew what she was talking about...

Kagome looked to the interance of the London Airport and saw a very large man standing at the doorway. Curious, she walked towards him.

"Do you need any help finding someone, sir?" Kagome asked in English, trying to pronounce every word the best she could.

"Oh! I'm lookin' fer a youn' lady namen' Kagome Higurashi." The man said smiling and nodding. His beard bobbed up and down at his head, making him look very funny.

Kagome smiled back at him. "That's me. Kagome Higurashi."

"Well, then, I'm Rudeus Hagrid. Ever'one calls me Hagrid, though."

"Right then."

Kagome followed Hagrid out of the London Airport and onto the crowded the streets of England. After a couple minutes of walking, Kagome and Hagrid reached a pub called 'The Leaky Cauldron.' Kagome learned the bartender's name was Tom, and he was obviously a good friend of Hagrid's. Hagrid then led Kagome to the back wall. Kagome was confused, but then Hagrid tapped his umbrella on the some bricks on the wall. The bricks parted to reveal a small city.

"Welcome, Miss Higurashi to Diagon Alley." Hagrid said as he looked around as he spread his arms. Kagome looked all around and gasped. The place was filled with witches and wizards. "See, there's a place where you can buy yur robes. There's where you can buy some books for classes. Oh, but first, gotta go ter Gringotts."

Kagome looked to a large limestone building in the center of all the commotion. When they entered, there were very interesting looking creatures sitting behind the desks. "Hagrid, what are those creatures?"

"Those 're goblins, Kagome. They're kinds tricky creatures. Best not talk to 'em." Kagome quickened her pace to be right next to Hagrid. They reached the last goblin and Hagrid cleared his throat. The goblin looked up and grinned. "Miss Higurashi would like to withdraw money from her vault."

"Does Miss Higurashi have her key?" The goblin asked, looking from Hagrid to Kagome and back again.

Hagrid dug into is bottomless pockets and pulled out an out-fashioned key. He set it onto the goblin's desk and smiled. 'Ther' it is!"

The goblin frowned and and picked up the tree. He studied it and motioned over another goblin near him. He wadled over to them and took the key. He walked over to another door and openned it. It led to a mine like tunnel.

"Please enter the cart." He said in a straight, boring yet squeaky voice. Kagome slightly lifted an eyebrow, but complied. Hagrid sat in it as well and they started to move. The cart went on tracks and acted like a rollorcoaster. Soon, they stopped in front of a vault. "Vault 478." He walked out of the cart and utnred to them. "Lamp, please." Hagrid handed him the lamp. The goblin walked forward and to the front of the vault. He set the lamp right next to the door and turned them. "Key, please." Again, Hagrid handed him the key. He stuck it into the padlock and the door openned. When Kagome walked forward, she saw mountains of gold. Who knew her ancestors were so damn rich with gold and silver and bronze!?

"Take a couple of handfuls, Miss Higurashi." Hagrid said stepping in slightly. "Blimey! There's almost as much gold in here as there is in Potter's!"

Kagome began to fill her pockets with gold when she turned to him. "Potter? Who's Potter?"

"Oh! Harry Potter! Every hear of 'em in Japan?" Hagrid asked, raising an eyebrow.

Kagome picked up one more handful and out it into her other pocket. "No. I've never heard of a Harry Potter. It's sounds familiar from somwhere, but I don't think so." She stood up to him and walked to the cart with Hagrid right behind her. The goblin walked into the cart after them. When they were out of Gringotts, Kagome looked to Hagrid. "What's special about Harry Potter?"

"Oh! Well...uhhh...maybe you should ask someone else..." Hagrid said walking into the streets.

Kagome was very curious now. What was this man up to, anyway? Oh, well... lets get some supplies! She looked around the streets and saw a wand shop. "Hagrid, I think I need a wand, right?" Hagrid nodded as she walked to the shop. Hagrid didn't follow, so she walked in alone.

When Kagome looked around the whole room of the shop, Ollivander's was it? It was full of small boxes and mirrors. "Uhhh... Hello? Is anyone here?" With no answer, Kagome shrugged. "Hello!?"

"You don't have to shout! You don't have to shout!" A man with white hair and green eyes came out waving his arms above his head. Kagome was startled. The mad calmed down and looked her straight into the eyes through his smuged glasses. His eyes then danced with delight. "I was wonder when you would be here, Miss Higurashi."

"How did you--" Kagome didn't even get to finish when the man with white hair walked off to a box on one of the walls. He pulled out a wand and gave it to her.

"Willow, 9 3/4", inflexable, dragon's heartstring." He handed Kagome the wand. She flicked it slightly and a mirror shatter into pieces. Kagome's eyes widened and placed the wand into Mr. Ollivander's hands. He went back to the wall and picked out another. "Hornbeam, 8", pliable, veela hair." Kagome flicked this one and almost a chair near her started to move. She raised an eyebrow and let go of the wand. It quit moving and she looked to the man. He shrugged as well. After about 15 wands, Kagome hand was hurting.

Mr. Ollivander gave her a curious look and went to the bottom of the stack. He slowly began to take it out and gave it to her slowly, just as he took it out. "Rosewood, 13 1/2", unicorn hair and veela hair." Kagome fingered it and held it in her hand and flicked it. Then, a white heart appeared. it started to glow and change colors to lavender and then to pink and then to a baby blue. Kagome let go of her wand and looked to Mr. Ollivander. "I've almost never had a person with that sort of wand."

"What do you mean? What's so special about this wand?" Kagome looked at the wond once more as he began to speak.

"The unicorn hair symbolizes innocence and veela hair for kind hearted. Curious combination, if you ask me." He began to walk to the back before Kagome could say any more. She chrugged it off and left a couple of silver coins for him. When she got out of the building, Hagrid was already there; he was standing there with a black cat in a cage.

"Please accept this as a gift! Everyone should have a pet at Hogwarts." She took the cage and walked to another store. It had many robes there and she turned to Hagrid before she went in. "Thanks, Hagrid. I couldn't be happier." She smiled at him and turned around, back to the robe shop. She entered the shop and found the desk. "Excuse me."

"Yes, deary?" An old woman asked. She seemed nice, but she had a very straight face. Her gray hair was pulled into a bun and her desk was quite neat.

"Do you have any clothes for me? I'm going to be the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher at Hogwarts." Kagome said, eyeing all the clothes. Yes, the black ones would do, she thought, they match my mood.

"Woah! Try not to be possessed, little lady! All of the past Defense Against the Dark Arts Teachers turned out to be beyond unique and to the point of wanting to jump off a cliff because you-know-who said so." She laughed and looked to a rack of clothes. Kagome gave her a curious look.

"You-know-who?" She asked. "Who's that?"

The woman gave her a scared look. "You don't know!?" Kagome shook her head. The woman leaned closer to whisper into her ear. "Voldemort..."

"Volde--" She was about to say, but the woman put her clamy hands over her mouth. The woman shook her head furiously and took her hand from Kagome's mouth.

"Don't say it!" She shook her head again and turned to the clothes. "Now, how old are you?"

"About 23." She said looking at the black color. Yup, she thought, it does match my thoughts at the moment.

"'About'? She gave her a curious look and pulled out a couple of black dresses. Some had silk and lace sleeves that hung open and let cleavege show. "What do you mean, 'about'?"

"I don't know how old I am. I was in a place that never took the time to study time. They weren't to...smart, you could say." Kagome laughed a bit and picket out black lace gloves. She smiled.

"Call me Sharon. And here. These black dress go well with your hair. Is it real black?" Sharon asked putting 5 black dressess on the counter. She rung them up and Kagome handed her 12 sickles.

"Yup. True black. Waves of ebony hair in the sun." Kagome laughed. "Anyway, I gotta go. Bye." Kagome then put her clothes and wand in a bag. She walked out of the chop and finished the rest of her shopping. She finally found Hagrid and greeted him with throughing half of her stuff to him. "Here! Hold this for me, Hagrid!"

She laughed and entered a food shop. She ordered some food as well as Hagrid. "So, Hagrid. "Who 'is' Harry Potter? You never told me."

"Maybe you'll meet 'em, Miss Higurashi." Hagrid said winking. He was never going to tell, and that's all she could tell. She rolled her eyes and took a bite of food. Nothing was ever going to be normal, and she hated it!

"Or maybe I'll strangle someone before he gets the chance to ride the train home." She eyes his every move as he got more and more nervous. But I guess I won't hurt him, she thought. "Just kidding...or am I?" Kagome and Hagrid just laughe as they exited Diadon Alley.

A couple of weeks passed by and Kagome and Hagrid were at the train station to Hogwarts. Hagrid handed Kagome her train ticket and told her where to go. She held onto her ticket and trolly and looked for Platform 9 3/4. Where was it, anyway!?

She passed platforms 9 and 10, but no 9 3/4. She then saw a large family of red-heads pass by. Curiously, she easedropped.

"Fred, George! Jinny, Ron! Hurry now! The train leaves at exactly 11:00 a.m. We don't want to miss it. Ah! Here it is! Platform 9 3/4." The woman said.

"Thank you Mrs. Weasley for letting me come over at the end of the summer. It was pure horror over there." A boy with brown hair stated. The Woman, Mrs. Weasley, just nodded.

"Excuse me, could you please help me?" Kagome said walking over to them. She felt all of their eyes on her when she call out to them. "I'm the new Defense Against the Arts Teacher. Could you please tell me...?"

"Oh, yes! How to get onto the platform?" Mrs. Weasley laughed. She waved to Kagome and Kagome walked over to them and smiled.

"Hey, look! Do you this one'll go physco, too?" Free muttered to George. George smirked. Kagome looked over to them and leaned into their ears. When she looked back to Mrs. Weasley, both were acting like real gentlemen.

"Now, do you understand how unpolite it is to talk behind a person's back? Especially about THAT?" Kagome gave them a sweet smile and looked to Mrs. Weasley.

Mrs. Weasley eyed them wearly and looked back to Kagome and met her gaze. "Well, you must walk straight into the brick wall between platforms 9 and 10." Mrs. Weasley said, still smiling.

"I've done wierder things." She muttered to herself as she ran through the wall. When she got to the other side, Kagome walked ot the Hogwarts Express. She gave a man her trolly and walked into the train. She found a room all to herself and sat still smiling.

~*~With the Weasleys'~*~

"What did she say to you 2?" Jinny asked curiously. She wanted to know badly.

"That woman just has to be from hell!!!" George said out loud. "No one could scare us that much!"

"What did she threatin you with?" Hary asked. He was just as curious. What could scare the Weasely twins so much that they tremble? That woman had to know a lot to do that sort of stuff.

"Do you think what she said was true?" Fred asked looking scared. He looked around franticly to see if what she said was true or not.

"Not sure. Oh well." He ran through the wall with with Fred behind him, still shaking. Next Harry, Rin, and Jinny came through. All of them put their luggage in the back of the train. Fred and George met with Lee Jordan and went in a seprate room. Harry and Ron met Hermione on the train, too. They looked for a spare room, but didn't find one. Then, they saw a room with just the woman from before.

"Hello. Can we sit with you?" Ron asked Kagome curiously.

"Sure. The more the merrier." Kagome motioned them into her small room. She rubbed her black cat and looked out of the window. She looked at them all and smiled. "Hey, are you related to those boys I told to back off?"

"Is that what you told them?" Ron asked, Hermione looking curiously. What were they talking about, she wondered.

"Not in those exact words. I told them somewhere along the lines of if I will be possessed, which I have been before, I'll make sure to go after them first and make my bad side come and haunt them with bloodlust." Kagome still smiled at them them. He cat rubbed up against her black dress. Her satin gloves clung to her hands, hiding some of the bruises and claw marks of Inuyasha she couldn't heal.

"I'm Hermione Granger. You are...?" Hermione asked in a smarty tone. This woman in front of her.

"Kagome Higurashi. New Defense Againse the Dark Arts Professor. And if you want to ask if I'll be possessed, go talk to Fred and George, if that is their names, what happened when they thought that behind my back. I don't think they'll be able to come to my class without shivering and wanting to crawl into a whole." Kagome smilied and began to rub her cat again. "Good, Sango-chan..."

"Whose Sango-chan?" Harry asked.

"I named my cat after a friend who was named after a legendary person in Japanese history. My Friend, Sango, lost a lot of her family. A guy paid her brother off to kill her whole family. He almost killed Sango, but she survived. Then the guy killed her brother. The guy even told Sango he was alive, even though he wasn't. He even told her to betray a friend so she could get him back because he said he was taking her brother hostage. It's a very long story. It's been going on since I was 15." Kagome then started to cry a little bit. "Sango, Miroku, Shippo, Inuyasha...where are you?" She muttered to herself.

"What was that last part?" Hermione asked. This teacher in front of her was very unusual.

"My life is part of history. You don't want to know what heroine I play in my fearie tale." Kagome said simpley. She looked to the window again and sighed. "My dreams aren't allowed to be in my fearie tale because my fearie tale is much more real than reality itself."

"What does that have to do with those people you were talking about?" Hermione asked. What was she going to expect from her new teacher, anyway?

"They're the characters in my fearie tale. They're my best friends, it's just that they don't know anything else but the fearie tale. They don't know reality, just the fearie tale." Kagome said, another tear falling down her face. What was going to happen to her now? "If you don't understand, don't try to. If you really want to know, read up about legends of Japan. One about this jewel." Kagome put her hand to her neck and brought out the jewel that still glowed pink. "Look up a legend in Japan about this jewel. If you find it, you know where to find me." The train whistle blowed and Kagome stood. She put the jewel back into her shirt and headed to the door. "Come on children. We need to get the castle."

"Firs' years! Firs' years over here!" Could be heard in the background.

"Well, I'm going to go and say 'hi' the Hagrid and then go and find someone to help me with everything." Kagome smiled at them one last time as she walked off.

Exiting the train, she saw Hagrid crowded by many students. She smiled to herself. "Hagrid!" She waved her hand.

"Why, if it weren't Miss Higurashi herself." He bowed slightly and Kagome slightly laughed. "I'm gonner show these firs' years to Great Hall. If you want to foller us, yer can."

"I think I can find my own way, Hagrid. Thanks a million for everything, anyhow." Kagome waved to Hagrid as she walked into the castle. Sango followed her into the castle as well. Kagome hurried up some stairs and found a professor already there. "Hello. Where am I suppose to be?"

"You must be the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor. Please, go down the corridor until you reach the doors. Take a left there. When you reach the end of the hall, take a right and you will see other teachers already there. Good luck." Kagome nodded as she walked down to the doors. Taking a left, she followed to the hall. It was rather long, but she had Sango for company. When she reached the end of the hall, Kagome took a right and saw some other professors already there.

Kagome walked up to the ground, them still ignoring her. She leaned against the wall while Sango rubbed up against her legs. Well, what other joys are in store for today, she thought. It was a while before someone actually noticed her. An old man with a long beard walked up to her and smiled. They shook hands and he spoke to her. "You must be Miss Higurashi." When they finished shaking hands, she rubbed her hands. The bruises on her hands still throbbed with desprate pain.

"I am." She said simpley.

Another man with short black hair who also wore black clothes walked up to her. "You are the new Defense Against the Arts Professor?"

"Indeed, I am, Professor. And, why may I ask?" She looked up from the ground to stare into his eyes. Like coals on fire, she would say. Just like Sesshoumaru's. Show no emotions. And if they did...run.

"I'm just wondering if you are cut out for the job. It can be quite exhausting." He said puting his hands behind his back to stare at Kagome. Kagome wanted to laugh, and she did.

Kagome laughed in his face and put a hand over her mouth to stop herself. "I'm very sorry about that. It's just 2 things maybe you don't know about my past life." She stopped to straighten herself. "One, I travelled through time. A half-demon insisted I never visit my family because of a jewel I broke that grants wishes. I had to drag his and mine ass all over Japan in Fuedal Times just so I could get tiny shards of the jewel, not to mention his dead girlfriend walks the Earth, then and his worst enemy wanted to ruin everyone's life. And you know what? The half-demon was so obssessed with finding these little shards, he abused me because he thought I wasn't working hard enough. Two, I have more power than you could ever possess. Got that?"

Snape was stuned. Was he just told off by a 23 year old!? "And how do you know that you are more powerful than I?"

"Can you balance you powers so that their energies glow from your hands? Can you do non-wand magic where you can heal without thinking about it? No, I thought not. Because I had to all of those things just to scare the bad guys away when some of them were over 10 times as strong as me. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like you to stop intirigating me just to know how frickin' strong I am. And if you really want to know how strong I am, I can show you right here, right now with lifting one of my fingers!"

"Miss Higurashi, it is time fore us to sit at the front tables. You, too, Professor Snape." They both nodded and began to walk to the front tables.

~*~With Harry~*~

Harry stared at the woman that just left. What kind of mystery was she, exactly? There was something about her that almost scared him to death, but he didn't want to know what it was...

"Hey, Hermione, do you know what legend she was talking about?" Harry asked. He wanted to know more about her... He had to know more about her...

"I think I've heard of the legend. It's about a sacred jewel that was passed down from priestess to priestess. Most were killed because many by many, such as demon, for the jewel's power. I do remember one part od the jewel's history though. It was of a woman priestess who fell in love with a half-demon. At the time the woman cared for a durned bandit that lusted for her and the jewel. He found out about the woman's affair with the half-demon and offered his body to demons. He became new person, or demon, or half-demon, and tricked the woman and half-demon into hating each other. That's all I remember about it. If I tell that much to the Professor, maybe she will fill in the gaps." Hermione said getting off the train.

"Maybe. You never know." Ron said following her into the castle. When they entered the Great Hall, Ron saw Kagome and Snape exchange glares. "Hey, Harry, look at Snape and Kagome glare at each other! Man, that look could freeze hell!"

"You don't know how much I agree." Hary slightly laughed as the first years walked in.

Dumbledore stood up and smiled at all of them. "Another is coming, students. For some of us, another year of school, others a new year. Either way, new knowlegde will be learned an used in your future. Another announcement. We have another Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor." All of the students start to mumble. "And here she is. Miss Kagome Higurashi, from Japan." Kagome smiled, stood up and sat back down, returning to her glaring at Snape. "Miss Higurashi is new to out school, so please be on your best behavior for her. Now, let the sorting ceremony begin!"

"Jasmine Plum!"

"Hufflepuff!"

"Chloe King!"

"Ravenclaw"

"Shari Carson!"

"Gryffindor!"

They didn't heary many, but they were there. Hermione looked to Kagome again, and saw her still glaring at Snape. She wanted to laugh, this was just to good! Snape had a little playmate that could beat him at his own game!

"Hey, Harry, Ron, look to Higurashi." Hermione tapped them pointed over to Kagome and Snape. There, they saw her giving death glares to Snape. After a few minutes, Kagome whispered something something to him and looked Harry staright in the eyes. Harry, Ron, and Hermione then looked away, embarrissed.

"That woman scares me. There's something about her that makes me shiver to the bone!" Ron said eating some chicken.

"I agree. And what about that jewel she wears? It was glowing, for God's sake! What kind of magic was that?" Harry asked after drinking some pumpkin juice.

'Do what I told you, Harry. Find out about my little fearie tale that won't allow ly dreams to come true.' A voice echoed in Harry's head. He hit head and shook it, but the words just didn't go away. "Great. Now she's sending messages to me through my mind. God! What does this woman want from me!?"

"I don't think I've heard of a spell can enable a person to send messages through another." Hermione said puting her elbows on the table and thinking it all over. Harry's right, she thought. What kind of magic does she use. 'Ah! That is for me to know, and you to maybe find out, Hermione. And just for tips, I was taught to this because of what I am. I'm not a witch, Hermione. Go find out what other kinds of beings can possess this kind magic. And when you do find out, I hope you know what I am, then.' Hermione looked to Kagome, who was smiling at her and drinking something. Hermione shrugged and looked to Ron. "This woman has so much to learn about this world."

"What do you mean, Hermione? I mean, sure, she's from Japan, but that doesn't mean she's got a lot to learn. After all, there are magical schools all around the world." Ron said piling more food onto his plate.

"That's not what I am, Ron. I'm talking about why she's going to have to learn a lot." Hermione took a bite of some bread and then a drink of pumpkin juice.

"What are getting at, Hermione? Harry asked, curiously.

"Higurashi is not a witch, Harry. She said there are others like her. They can possess just as much magic as we can, but she's just not a witch. She speak in riddles I don't understand." Hermione studied the table and searched her mind for what think she was. Not a witch, but can possess just as much power as one. "A priestess?" She muttered to herself.

"What was that?" Ron asked through his overstuffed mouth. Kagome gave him a disgusted look and looked to Harry.

"She might be an ancient kind of priestess. In Japan, most Japanese people celebrate the religion Shinto. All I know about it is that they think that every object has a soul, even things that aren't alive. Anyway, there's an ancient kind of priestess that possesses magic, as we do, but in different kinds. They could purify things. Like...dragons! Or demons! They could just touch them and all of their negative energies would be purified. I'm still not sure about it, but I think that's about it." Hermione stated in a confident tone os voice. 'You can go deeper than that, Hermione. I've already read your mind. Just to inform you, thank for the good spells. They'll help a lot in classes.' "Great, now she's reading my mind so she can get good spells!"

"Blood hell! Really? How can she do that?" Ron asked with amazed eyes.

"Why can't she just leave me alone and talk in Ron's head? I'm getting headaches!" Hermione drank more punpkin juice and wimpered. "And she told me earlier can she was taught to do that because of what she is."

"Well, then, what is she if she's not a witch?" Ron asked. He then resumed to his chicken and kept staring at Hermione.

"I don't know! I'm just saying what she told me, Ron!" Hermione gave him a fustrated look and shot him a glare.

~*~End of Chapter~*~

Woah! That was long! o.O My, my, my; how many words did I do today, mommy? On word pad, it said ai did around 13. Well, tht was sure long! I stayed up all night last just to write the whole thing! Well, if you like it, please read and review! Buh, bye now fans!