InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Hogwarts and History's Finest ❯ Meetings, Draco, and Harry ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hogwarts and History's Finest

Meetings, Draco, and Harry

Dawn seemed to come early and the infirmary was quiet except the deep breathing of the students that lay in it and the several voices speaking among it.

"That's what she kept saying… that you-know-who is here." A womanly voice trembled. Another voice snorted, obviously male.

"Who was she with last?" The male voice said. Kagome could only guess whom the icy and trembling voices were, but were pretty sure she had them, Professor Snape and Madam Pompfrey.

"When I last walked in, her and potter were alone studying for my class." Another voice said. Her class… must be Professor McGonagall. Kagome thought.

Kagome felt her surroundings and soon realized that the only place she could be was in the hospital wing. Slowly she opened her eyes to a dim light.

"Potter is filling her head with nonsense. That no good brat." Professor Snape hissed.

"Professor Snape! They were last studying for my class!" Professor McGonagall argued. The argue seem to go on forever till…

"She's right you know. We only talked about the day's events otherwise." A sweet and gentle voice said. Everyone turned to see Kagome dressed and ready for class standing before him or her as though she had been there the whole time. She rubbed her eyes slightly.

"How did you?" Madam Pompfrey stuttered.

Kagome gave a polite bow.

"I'm fine. Really I am. But I need to-"

"Sit down and explain the nonsense."

"Severus." A stern voice said. Kagome now recognized the last person, Head master Dumbledore. What, they needed four people to talk to me? Kagome thought. She blinked a few times.

"Kagome…" He paused. Everything was silent, as if the world just stopped for this. "Did your dream alternate at all? A sudden change?" Kagome gave a thought at his question. Had it?

"No." She replied. "But he knew everything that happened moments before I went to sleep. Who I was with… What I had said… What I was studying. Like he had been there." She gave a slight blush, but it went unnoticed. Then she thought back to what he said: Two to one.

"Plus… he said that he was the one that had killed my- my family." She stuttered her last words. Her eyes shadowed in sadness. Everyone starred. Nothing moved except the rising and falling of their chests on their breathing.

"He knows of my secret and he knows I'm here."

"What pitiful secret could a student have that he would want?" Professor Snape sneered. Suddenly he thought of one student… Potter. Kagome gave a snort.

"Maybe it's the fact I can sense demonic energy and the fact that I know your secret?" Snape's eyes were glued on her now; everyone's were, all calculating and questioning her sayings.

"Please, if you wouldn't mind to tell me in my office." Dumbledore said. His Purple cap slightly titled, his eyes gleamed, and his small smile sent reassurance. Kagome nodded, excusing herself from the other professors.

Walking faintly behind Head Master Dumbledore she walked down the corridors and to the stone griffin. It stood tall and Kagome could only gawk at its size and beauty.

"Seeker." His sleek voice said. The stone griffin moved and made a stone staircase. Silently she followed the man up to his office.

Walking into the office she noticed many knickknacks and such gathered around on his shelves. In the corner was a phoenix that kagome instantly fell in love with. Its red and orange tinted feathers, with a light golden shimmer trim, and its beady little eyes were looking at the two humans.

"It's so stunning…"

"Yes, yes, and loves to be told so." Dumbledore gave a pleased laugh at the birds puffed out to show its pride.

"Please sit down."

Kagome walked over to a chair and sat down, awaiting the beginning of the conversation to come.

"You know… Not many get a personal visit. This concerns us greatly." Kagome nodded. Not many want his visit either, Kagome thought sarcastically.

"You say he was looking for you? Why do you think… he would be after you?"

She took a deep breath.

"You see… I bare the scar from him. Only not exactly, I mean his five hundred year old version… his incarnate." She casted her eyes to the other side have the room and fidgeting under his gaze.

"On my last birthday I fell down an ancient well on my family's shrine. I was then pulled by a centipede demon that said she was looking for the Shikon no tama, jewel of four souls. I didn't have any clue at first till she ripped open my side where the jewel laid inside me. I then realized that my shrine's well was a somewhat time portal… five hundred years back in time. Anyway the Shikon no tama, yeah well I'm its guardian. Later it was shattered. Before I came here I missed most of a year of Wizarding School in Japan to look for the shards. After much hard work we found all pieces and it was fused together. Before it inhabited my body again, Naraku, the incarnate I am assuming of Voldemort, attacked me giving me the scar before we deeply wounded him so much that he died. Although I bare his scar, I'm not like Harry. I have no powers, at least that I know of. Now I am assuming that Naraku's memories still flow within Voldemort." Kagome gave a sigh and looked at his twinkling gaze that was in deep thought.

"I see. You have a very interesting life. Do you posses miko powers?"

"Yes. I realize that I am in fact a miko-witch… the unruly and rare type." She said sadly and slowly.

"My dear it's alright. Not many are of those, but we think you have no difference from the other students except a nasty habit of getting into the infirmary. Thank you." He gave a little laugh that Kagome joined in on and soon he stood.

"Headmaster Dumbledore?"

"Yes?"

"Could you- could you keep this a secret? About me being… who I am." She positioned her head down.

"Yes of course, but realize the teachers will know of it. For security reasons."

Kagome gave a smile of understanding and left through the griffin.

Entering the entryway into the staircases she was suddenly hit on the head by something hard and solid. Looking around Kagome notice it was tableware.

"A bowl?" She whispered. Picking up the bowl she looked around for the culprit only to find… peeves.

"PEEVES!" She hissed. Peeves just stuck his tongue out childishly and went in search for silverware or more tableware. Hurrying now so she wouldn't get stabbed by a knife or fork or even get hit by a plate, she found her way to the portrait. There, the Fat lady slept and snored awfully loud.

"Excuse me?" Kagome asked politely. "Excuse me?" Silence. "EXCUSE ME!" she almost yelled. The Large lady woke with a start and gave a large yawn showing he canvas teeth.

"What are you doing out so early? Humph. Oh well. Password?" The woman gave another huge yawn.

"Quidditch cup."

The portrait swung open and Kagome pursued into the common room. It was silent, nothing but the crackling fire and the light footsteps of her feet. Slowly she drew her hand to her lips and traced them over and over again. Just a few hours ago she had kissed him. Kagome smiled at her child like acts and looked at the clock. It struck seven am. Oh brother that was early. Silently she walked up the stairs and into the girls' dormitory. She crept to her bed and looked at Hermione who lay in the next bed over. Hermione looked exhausted and Kagome could only guess that she was one of the girls that had helped her in her predicament last night.

Maybe I'll just wait in the common room for everyone, Kagome thought. Slowly she closed the girls' dormitory door and walked back down the stairs. Looking around she found a large red comfy chair and sat her body down. Curling up a bit, she soon found herself in a very comfortable position.

"I think a nap will do good." Slowly she gave a yawn and her eyes drifted asleep again.

Harry awoke and instantly began rubbing his eyes; the brightness in the room was definitely not the best wake up call for him. Sliding his glasses on he glanced around the room and noticed other boys were beginning to wake up too. Slowly he slid the covers off and went to his trunk for his robes. Finding them he put them on and proceeded to find Ron. Seeing as he wasn't in the boys' dormitory he opened the door and walked downstairs. Walking into the common room he found Hermione and Ron whispering and pointing to the large red comfy chair.

"What's going on?" Harry said quietly.

Hermione looked his way and pointed to the red chair again. Harry twisted his neck and looked into the chair. Seeing black hair of silk, he noticed it was Kagome asleep in the chair. Inwardly he smirked at her cuteness. Wait, He thought. Where did that come from?

"How long has she been there?" He asked, excusing him self from his thoughts.

"We don't know. Quiet awhile." Hermione replied. Kagome stirred in the chair.

Ron looked at the chair and watched Kagome blink open her eyes and slowly rise up. She rubbed her eyes and stretched her arms out along with her legs.

"Good morning." She yawned.

"Morning" Hermione replied.

"Yeah, sleepy head." Ron and Harry replied. Kagome smiled at them all. Suddenly she felt sick, his words kept ringing in her head in his sub-zero voice, over and over again. Her smiled faded and she glanced sideways.

Where they her friends? Of course, she argued mentally. But… You've only known them for a couple days. They could turn on you in a snap. Her sub conscious replied. Not realizing it she growled.

"You okay?" Harry asked. Kagome dashed her head up.

"I'm fine." She replied. "Still little worked up from last night."

Harry's eyes widened. Did she mean the kiss? Kagome noticed his eyes and seemed to read his emotions.

"That's right. You were sent to the Hospital wing!" Hermione thought aloud. Kagome threw her a disbelieving look. Hermione muttered a small oops while biting the side of her bottom lip.

"I-I Am f-fine okay?" She said shakily. Getting up from her chair she dashed out the portrait hole.

"She was sent to the Hospital wing last night?" Ron asked Hermione astonished. Harry seemed to ask the same question.

"Yeah. She was hot and sick. Plus she kept muttering things like someone is here, here for her." She looked down. "You-know-you, I mean."

"Bloody hell." Ron whispered.

"Well let's go to breakfast." Harry replied. He'd find out, she would tell him right? Right? Silently they all walked out after her.

Kagome walked down the hall not noticing people around her. Her black hair was swishing side to side and her arms folded. Not seeing the two boys horsing around in front of her she crashed into one.

"Oww. Hey sorry mate." A smooth voice said. Kagome groaned, Fred Weasley.

"Its alright Fred."

"I'm not Fred, He's Fred. You okay Kagome? You never get us bloody mixed up." George's concerned voice asked.

"I'm fine, just tired."

Kagome looked at him with her eyes as if testing him… looking beyond, George gasped as she walked away.

"What's wrong?" Fred asked. Kagome had given George one look and George had freaked out! George shuddered with the memory of her eyes.

"When she looked at me. It was like she was looking into my bloody soul. She seems confused, deeply." He replied. A moment of silence came by.

"Come on, we'll ask Ronny later. But for now… maybe if we give the first years some twisted candy you'll perk up." Fred replied mischievous. George nodded his head and gave an evil glint in his eye and the two dashed off.

Seating her self at the Gryffindor table she awaited for others to arrive. Not too long later Harry, Hermione, and Ron all showed, followed by the twins.

Kagome began to think about her dream not noticing the gang walk in. What could she do to get him out of her head? She didn't want him to hurt her friends. GOD WHAT COULD SHE DO? Then another thought crept across her. Sota.

Harry just starred at her. He was burning to ask her what was wrong. He liked her a lot… more than she would know. It pained him, even if he only knew her for about a week.

"Kagome." He asked. Kagome ran her hands through her hair, tears poured down and her body racked.

"Leave me alone…" she whispered back. "You'll just get hurt."

"What are you talking about?" he replied quietly.

"Harry… I like you too much to tell you the truth. Believe me." She stood up and walked next to him and stopped short.

"Don't loose anyone you love Harry. I lost Sota." She then walked out of the Great hall before the banquet had even begun. Harry just stood there shocked. Everyone gave him weird looks. She had lost Sota. Is that why she was like this? She lost her last family member? Harry felt a pang of guilt and ran out of the hall after her.

"What should we do?" Ron asked, watching him leave after Kagome.

"Nothing. We can't go now. The banquet has started." Hermione replied sadly.

Harry raced to find her. Where could she be? Stopping between directions he came to a fork and looked for a way. He chose left and looked for her… slowly she found her near the courtyard.

"Kagome… I'm sorry about Sota." He breathed. "I didn't know."

"Thanks, it's alright. But Harry why did you follow me? You'll miss breakfast."

"I'm not hungry… plus I need answers. Last night… we had a moment. Next thing I know you're in the hospital wing, then you end up in the common room asleep where you lie to us… What's going on? There's more then just Sota." He said with a small blush.

Kagome turned around and sniffled a bit with a small laugh.

"Your right. There is more." She paused, smiled, and walked up to him, face to face.

"The fact that who I am is driving me nuts. I don't know whom I can trust. Why?" She gave another small laugh. "Because Voldemort watched us last night Harry. He came into my dreams; he knew everything about you and me. Plus he killed them… he killed them all." Tears poured down her face. Harry embraced her in a hug.

"Kagome." He squeezed her tight. "We are here for you. We all have something against him." Slowly she pulled back and she shook her head.

"You don't get it. He'll kill you. He is here to kill me or use me against you." She paused.

"No. You don't understand." He replied. "He killed my parents and wants me dead. He'll do anything, but I still manage to have friends and live. Because I trust them enough, you have to trust us."

"Your right and I do, but Harry If he can use my mind to see what I'm doing… who I talk to. Who are my friends… who I like or love? He could use them against me. I would have to surrender." She said. Her tears gushed down.

"Don't worry." He replied. Slowly he wiped the tears away from her cheeks as she looked at him in comfort.

"Promise me…" she looked into his eyes. "Promise me, you wont betray me." She whispered as she embraced him.

"I promise."

Slowly she let go of him and they walked away towards the common room.

Harry held her hand as they walked down the corridor to help keep her from getting upset or dash away. Honestly he didn't care about any weird whispering or such glares he needed to just help her get to the common room. Turning the corner he found Hermione and the twins talking. He stopped and looked at Kagome who just looked back and walked forward still holding his hand. Hermione turned her eyes towards them and had to take a double take. They were holding hands and Kagome looked as though she had been crying.

"Kagome! Are you alright?" Hermione gasped.

"Yeah. I just needed to talk." Kagome looked towards Fred and George. Fred seemed to study her and George seemed to also look at her in wonder.

"Oh I-" Hermione was cut off by Fred.

"Kagome. Can I talk to you? Alone?" He kept analyzing her. Kagome gave a weird look and let go of Harry's hand and walked off with Fred. Harry also looked after the two in wonder.

The two walked off towards the common room and stopped short of the portrait hole.

"Kagome?'

"Yes Fred?"

"I don't know why George said this but… When you accidentally bumped into him he said you looked at him… like into his soul."

"Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't know there was such a thing." She gave a soft laugh.

"Well apparently mate there is. Plus I need to ask you something."

"Alright. Go ahead."

"I saw what happened last night. Your nightmare." Kagome's eyes widened. Slowly she stepped back.

"You s-saw?"

"Yeah mate. What happened?"

"N-nothing it was j-just a nightmare O-okay?"

"No. It wasn't."

"Fred. I'm sorry I gave George a cruel look. And about last night, lets not tell anyone. I was just a bit sick and I guess the fever got to me." She turned to leave.

"Alright." He said, giving up. He knew he wouldn't get any closer than he already had. He slumped an arm over her shoulder. "Besides. You still have to get us with revenge!" Quickly he darted off. Kagome could only laugh and ran after him.

"Guys were going to be late if we don't hurry up!" Kagome yelled down the hall. Smiling everyone was glad the she was back to normal and began to head towards their class. Harry was glad that either one of the twins could get her to smile, even if he couldn't. But then again those two seem to always live up to a certain level of carefree frolicking and mischievousness.

The day went by and nothing seemed unusual except potions that is. Harry faintly remembered anything going right in that class. They all had walked in and sat in their normal spots, but that wasn't the most frustrating thing yet. Oh no buddy. Malfoy had heard a rumor go around just in first period that Harry and Kagome had something going on. And boy was he pissed. Malfoy's heated gaze watched the two; his eyes never left Kagome the whole time. Finally he couldn't take it anymore as he watched Kagome talk to Harry and ignore him.

"So are the rumors true?" He whispered into her ear. Kagome turned sharply coming nose to nose with the silk talker.

"What rumors?" She tilted her head.

"Don't mess with me girl. You and Potter!" He hissed back, leaning forward as she leaned backwards.

"What?" She asked confused. Malfoy pulled back a bit.

"What you don't know of them either? I guess there false then." He replied smartly.

"What are you talking about Draco? Are you implying that me and Harry are girlfriend and boyfriend?" She asked.

"Yes."

Kagome looked and Harry then back at Draco.

"Well Draco, I guess your wrong. We're not." Draco eyed her suspiciously, not really taking her word. As the dungeon door swung open Professor Snape busily walked in and spoke unkind words, "Sit down and shut up. No one is to be messing around. We will keep studying our remedies for poisons and cures for those selective concoctions."

Draco turned with the swish of his robes and sat down.

Harry watched as Draco narrowed his eyes at him. He couldn't help but feel a bit angry at the fact that she called them just friends. What? She didn't think that a kiss and a promise and comforting weren't a show of at least boyfriend material? She's confusing and a puzzle. Harry concluded.

"Write all that is written on the board. Then read chapter twenty-one thoroughly." With a flick of the wrist writing appeared on the board and his bitter eyes watch them all begin his or her work.

After class and the six-page homework assignment that was assigned, everyone began filing out of the room toward their next class, except Kagome, Draco, and Harry. Ron and Hermione stood patiently outside the door.

"Kagome." Kagome froze as she picked up her things,

"Yes Draco?" she clasped her books to her chest.

"Tell me. How have your dreams been?" Kagome's eyes widened and looked at him sharply.

"What do you know?" Harry hissed, taking defense on Kagome's case.

"More than you'll know Potter." He replied. Kagome put a hand on Harry's shoulder.

"My dreams have been smooth but rough. I assume you have the same." Draco gave a small snigger and walked up to the pair. Raising her chin he made her look square into his eyes. A scowl was set upon her face. He trailed his thumb along her bottom lip and stopped it as it hit the end. It sent chills down her spine, just as he wanted.

"As much as one can dream." He replied, slow he took his hand away.

Harry could only watch, he didn't dare swing in and argue. There was nothing to argue over except that he was flirting with his girlfriend. Scratch that. She said they were only friends… and friends they'd be.

With that he left in a stylish matter that Kagome could only comment on his acts that he was smooth, slick, and seductive. Shaking her head, she looked at Harry as they trailed out the dungeon door.

"That was certainly interesting." Harry replied.

"What was?" Ron asked. Kagome just waved it off.

"The fact that Malfoy just hit on kagome." Harry replied. Hermione gave a gasp.

"Did that slug really?" She asked. Harry and Kagome nodded together as kagome also gave an embarrassed blush.

"My question is how did he know about… well you know." Harry replied.

"I honestly… don't know. His dad was a supporter for Voldemort, maybe he has connections." Ron and Hermione stood baffled now and had to stop and wince when she said you-know-who's name. They had absolutely no clue what was going on and looked at each other as the pair walked on.

"Kagome?" Harry asked.

"Mhmm."

Should he ask her what she meant about him being just a friend? Let alone did he have enough courage and guts to ask her out? Harry gave a mental sigh as she waited for his answer. He faced a basilisk, saved the sorceress's stone, let alone fighting Voldemort countless times in the last five to four years, competed in the tri-wizard tournament, watched Voldemort rise again, but no, he couldn't ask out a girl. Could he? I mean it isn't that hard now is it?

"Eh… never mind." He replied. Ah apparently it was hard enough. He had no way to put it.

"You sure? You're a bit flustered." With that Harry blushed even more. God he looks cute when he blushes… Kagome thoughts trailed off.

"Yeah I'm fine."

The four turned a sharp left and continued off to their next class.

Kagome couldn't stop thinking about what she had said though, the flashback repeating over and over. The rumors… were they? Just friends? Kagome yelled at her self mentally for her stupidity. She knew that they were more than just friends, definitely more.

(A/n: Friends?! Friends?! Oh course not! Please Continue on to the Next chapter!)

Read And Review!

_Grazie Mille! _