InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Inu Yasha Tries Out For Soulcalibur ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Everyone came back from Voldo's funeral wearing black. Cassandra put down her shield in front of her and sticks her sword in the ground. She kneels and folds her hands to pray. "Voldo…"

Xianghua cheerfully (even though she's sad) ran ahead to tell Inu Yasha the good knews. Her brown hair blew in the wind as she ran. "Guess what?" she exclaimed excitedly, "Inu Yasha made the team?"

"Really?" asked Inu Yasha.

"Yes Xianghua answered.

"Really, really?

"Yes"

"Alright!" exclaimed Kagome who was even more excited than Xianghua. She ran over to the rest of the team. "Thanks so much for letting Inu Yasha join!"

"He didn't join yet", explained a girl named Talim who was the same age as Kagome (but still a good fighter) "First he has to pass a test."

All of Kagome's excitement went down the drain. "But Xianga said he really, really joined the team."

"It's Xianghua," Xianghua corrected Kagome, "I just said he really, really joined. I never said he really, really, really joined. He just really, really joined. He didn't really, really, really join."

"What?" Inu Yasha asked frustrated. He had been so close.

"I said…"

"I know what you said!"

"Well, are you ready for the first test?"

"Fine!"

"Okay," Talim explained, "the first test is to beat Nightmare in a sword fight…"

"That's easy!"

"…While he's using Soul Edge (complete)"

"Still easy!"

Nightmare walked into the arena with a huge sword covered with eyes. "What the hell is that thing?" Inu Yasha asked. Kagome looked disgusted at the ugly sword.

"That's Soul Edge," explained Talim, "My Soul Edge is so much nicer. Now let's start the battle!"

"Offer your soul!" said Nightmare in a threatening tone. Nightmare swung his sword at Inu Yasha. Inu Yasha dodged it easily.

"You weren't even close to hitting me!" Inu Yasha said back. Inu Yasha attacked this time. Nightmare tried to dodge the attack. He succeeded, but Inu Yasha's sword hit his thumb giving him a small cut.

Nightmare fell to the ground. "Ow!" he cried, "You gave me a boo-boo!"

"Does that mean I won?" Inu Yasha asked in disbelief.

Nightmare waved a white flag that he pulled out of nowhere. "I surrender," he said.

Talim ran over to shake his hand. "Congrats. You made it on the team!" she said with a smile.

Then Cassandra came. This was when things got messed up. "Hold up!" she called, "We already have all the members."

"Who are they?" Talim asked her.

"I'd be honoured to present them," Cassandra replied.

"What?" Inu Yasha exclaimed.

"I said…"

"I know what you said!"

"Then why did you ask?"

"He did the exact same thing to me," Xianghua said.

"Can we hear who made it on the team?" Talim asked impatiently.

"Well," Cassandra began, "Here's our new member Jaken! Inu Yasha was speechless.

"That pathetic frog beat Inu Yasha?" Kagome exclaimed in disbelief.

"Yay!" Jaken said cheerfully, "I knew I'd win. ( points at Kagome) In your face, you pathetic human!"

"Shut up, you pathetic frog!"

"That's not a very nice thing to call Cassandra!" Talim said.

"She was talking about Jaken!" Cassandra said to Talim.

"Weren't there two spots on the team?" Kagome asked.

"Yes," answered Yung-sung who was just joining them, "Here's our other new member, Miroku!

"Miroku," Inu Yasha exclaimed, "You didn't even come."

"I came hear with Sango," Miroku answered, "She also made it."

"You're joking!" Inu Yasha yelled, "How could Sango make it? There were only two spots left on the team!"

"We got rid of our old demon slayer," Sophitia explained.

"You'll pay for this!" Taki yelled.

"I can't believe this!" Inu Yasha sighed.

"Well," said Kagome, "You can still try out for Hamtaro!" ^_^