InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Jewel of Nature ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She looked so peaceful there in her sleep. She never moved or thrashed around as she had in the hospital bay. It was as if her powers kept the dreams at bay. A gentle breeze came through the window she insisted had to stay open and blew a few strands of hair into her eyes. He reached out slowly and brushed them back, his hand stroking her cheek for a few seconds afterwards. She was so very noble damaging herself just to help him. She'd given him back his memories, his identity and she didn't even want anything from him but friendship, she was truly a rare creature. She began to stir then as if she felt his touch and heard his thoughts. He pulled his hand away quickly as her eyes fluttered open. She smiled a sleepy half-awake smile at him that made him think thoughts of waking up to that smile every morning.
“Afternoon, Logan. Thank you for watching over me while I slept.” She glanced over at the clock and saw she had fifteen minutes left before she had to be at the assembly.
“How are your eyes, Kagome? Can you see again?” she giggled at the concern in his voice even as she wondered about where she could get a new outfit.
“Their perfectly fine and yes I can see silly otherwise I wouldn't have opened my eyes. Hm…. Logan?” he was chuckling at her comments when the hesitant tone in her voice caught his attention.
“Yeah, darlin'? she blushed at his term before rolling her eyes and biting on her lips.
“Ummm…. I'd like to change out of this if it's possible. I'd rather not meet the student body in this hospital gown.” He chuckled as she pouted; annoyed that he thought her discomfort was so funny.
“It's not funny, you know.” She said her voice was so annoyed and childish that it made him look up from where he was standing. She looked very alluring sitting there pouting and he knew he couldn't stay there thinking about her like that while he knew she was wearing only a thin hospital gown underneath the covers. Plus there was the fact that she knew his every memory except for those most recent.
“I'll get you something just wait here.” She blinked as he disappeared out the door.
“Strange, wonder what got into him.” She bit her lip as she realized she was supposed to meet the students in ten minutes and she had no clue how long it would take Logan to find her something. She glanced a the door to make sure no one was outside it and stood up feeling extremely embarrassed and couldn't understand how she had done this earlier. She whirled around grabbing the ends together when she heard the door open. Then sent her son a dirty look when she realized it was only him.
“What's that look for?” he asked his eyes twinkling as she glared. He laughed when she sent a spark at him just barely singeing his tail.
“You just had to pull a prank, didn't you baby? Please tell me you have something for me to wear, Shippo. I am not going to meet the student body in a hospital gown.” She said as she sat back down on the bed. He grinned at her, a clear warning to her that she wouldn't like what was coming.
“Of course mother dearest, I made it myself.” Her eyes widened as he brought out a dress that she would have never picked for herself. It was a strapless knee length black and red dress. It had a dark romantic gothic look to it that made her wince. She wasn't some little girl that had to be rescued all the time and she was afraid that the dress would make her look like one. With a sigh she held her hand out and took it from her son and disappeared into the open bathroom. It was strange to see her self in it, but she had to admit her son did know what fit her perfectly. She hesitantly stepped outside the door and blushed when she saw her son was not alone, both Logan and Charles were there. She could feel their stares on her as she moved towards her son with the intention to harm him. She was caught around the waist however by Logan, who kept her away from her son, even though she struggled a bit.
“Aw mom, don't you like it? It is a perfect fit after all I made it for you. The shoes are by the door.” She finally settled down and with an annoyed expression on her face, looked towards Charles.
“He's right Kagome. You look perfectly lovely my dear. Now perhaps we should get going the assembly has already begun.” Her eyes widened and she hurriedly slipped from Logan's embrace to slide on her shoes on. She left with only one backward glance telling them to hurry up. Her son began to laugh, a sound that echoed around her as she hurried away.