InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Life & Death ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Professor Xavier was having us start work on the mansion today. And it was my job to wake the kids up. Not an easy job to do really. Half pint and Stripes especially. I was surprised when I didn't have to wake any of them up actually; it seems Half pint did it for me. Time to head out then. When every one was situated I began to drive my motorcycle, my baby, away and in front. I wanted to laugh at Scott's startled gaze. Imagine my surprise (and everyone else's) when the gate was actually still there. And pulsing? It seemed to recognize us and let us through. From here I could here a little kid calling out for his `Okaa-san'. I left the others in my dust; I wanted to find the kid before the others. I nearly fell off my bike when I saw the house well mansion rebuilt and an uh mutant kid yelling for his mother in Japanese. The house was pulsing just like the gate was and in fact everything seemed to be pulsing.
“Shippo, please be quieter, you know I don't feel so good after I use both of my powers at once, Ugh I'm drained, kit, but then again I knew I would be.” An eighteen to nineteen year old girl said as the kit slammed into her stomach. She didn't even wince. She just brought an arm up to encircle the child and then another to cover a yawn.
“Mitsuko? Do you have a room we can rest in?” there was a pulse and the girl smiled.
“Thanks, Wake me up later will ya? I promise I'll cook if I have time.” With that she and the child disappeared once more into the mansion, the door swinging closed behind them. The last thing I saw was bright green eyes over the girl's shoulder, her shining ebony hair swaying around her. Then the professor rolled up to me.
“Chuck, I think we got a new kind a mutant and the house isn't gonna not let us take her in.” Chuck just smiled. I knew that he'd never throw a mutant out, no matter what. Something about that girl just got my hackles up though. With a snort of annoyance I rolled the motorcycle into the garage, parked it, and headed up to my room. Imagine my surprise when I opened the door the girl was asleep in my bed, the kid, uh Shippo, looking at me.
“This is your room huh? Mitsuko must have gotten mom's weird sense of humor. If you'll help me wake her up, we'll head out.” The house thrummed and the kid waved it away annoyed.
“Sure kid.” I walked over to the mutant woman and shook her lightly.
“Go `way I don' wanna get up ta look for no damn shard.” The kid shook his head and sighed.
“Okaa-san wake up!” the woman groaned and those pale eyelids fluttered open to reveal silver-blue orbs. I was slightly shocked at her beauty; I mean I've seen a good deal of beauties in my time but damn was fine.
“Kit? Where are we? And who are you?" she said jerking her body away from me. The house seemed to pulse at the girl, and she seemed to understand because her eyebrow arched. A low growl filled her throat as she grabbed her kit, as she called the kid, and stalked from the room.
"Sorry 'bout that Logan, Mitsuko is mischievous. Come on Shippo I've gotta get to work or everyone will start worrying." she rolled her eyes expressively and shut the door behind her, leaving me stunned.
'Wait a fucking minute, I didn't tell her my name!'