InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Of Mikos and Elves ❯ The Forest ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Lord of the Rings, or Inuyasha! Help me!

*****

"Inuyasha, let's stop for the night. It's almost dark out and we're all tired." Kagome said.

When Kagome thought that she would just have to 'sit' him to get them to stay, Inuyasha spoke.

"Feh. Fine." he said, surprising everyone.

"Thank you, Inuyasha." Kagome said, and started to unpack their supper.

"I'm sure your back thanks you as well." Miroku said as he sat down next to Sango.

"Feh." was all Inuyasha said before taking his ramen and hopping onto a tree branch.

"I think something is amiss." Miroku whispered in Sango's ear.

"You think so, too?" Sango whispered back.

It seemed Inuyasha was too busy gobbling down his ramen to hear them.

"Well, either something's wrong or Inuyasha finally figured it out that when Kagome wants to rest we're going too." Miroku said.

They looked at each other.

"Something's wrong." they said at the same time.

*****

Night fell. Inuyasha looked around. Everyone seemed to be sleeping so he hopped lightly to the ground. He made only a slight thump as he landed . He again looked around, but seeing no one stir, he ran lightly into the forest.

Only Miroku's back was too him, so Inuyasha didn't see him open his eyes when he heard the half-youkai's landing.

When he was sure the hanyou was gone, Miroku stood up and walked over to Sango.

"Sango?" he whispered softly, while shaking her shoulder, envying Kirara's position, who was in her arms.

"I'm awake." she said and got up from her sleeping bag Kagome had given her.

"What do you think he's up too?" she asked.

"I don't know. Let's follow him." Miroku said, and walked silently after Inuyasha's path.

"Remember to stay down wind." Sango said quietly, and followed him.

*****

"Inuyasha, you came." someone said.

"Why wouldn't I come, Kikyou? (I know you saw that coming ^^) Inuyasha asked as he looked at her.

"Are you afraid of me, Inuyasha? Do you stay away from me? Do you hate my scent?" Kikyou cried, trying to draw him closer.

"No. How could I hate you? How could anyone?" (Oh, let me count...) Inuyasha said, as he came over and hugged her.

"Inuyasha, you're an idiot." Sango growled in the shadows.

"Sh. Come on. I think we've seen enough. I don't think Kikyou will take Inuyasha too hell with her. Not tonight, at least." Miroku told Sango quietly, and headed back toward camp, as he saw them kiss.

"We mustn't tell Kagome this." Miroku said as soon as they were far enough away.

"Why not? She needs to know the truth!" Sango yelled, only remembering at the last minute too keep her voice down so Inuyasha and Kikyou wouldn't hear her.

"Shall we break her heart?"

"We will not break it. Inuyasha is. We can only be there to comfort her."

"I still think that we shouldn't tell her. And we won't." Miroku said, before walking ahead, victoriously.

"But she'll find out somehow." Sango muttered, so Miroku couldn't hear her.

She was slightly suspicious as he seemed in a bit of a hurry. She then realized that she had felt something on her butt as they were walking back. She had been too deep in thought too realize it at the moment, though.

Thunk! Thump!

Miroku hit the ground, slightly dazed, as Sango's fist had hit him over the head.

"Stupid houshi." Sango muttered under her breath as she climbed back into her sleeping bag and fell asleep.

*****

The Hidden One