InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Outwitted ❯ Quidditch Tryouts ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Outwitted*

Chapter 5: Quidditch Tryouts

The day had ended, finally. Kagome and Harry were on their way to the stadium for Quidditch tryouts. Kagome glanced around the huge stadium/arena where the tryouts would be held. It was quite impressive. She would have to scout the entire place before games and such in case of another deatheater. They wouldn’t kill Harry. At least she didn’t think so, she believed that they would bring him to Voldemort to kill.

“What position are you trying out for?” She asked.

“I already have a position from last year.” Harry stated.

“What position would that be?” Kagome asked patiently.

“Seeker.” was Harry’s reply.

As the rules required, he still had to tryout for the position, in case someone better came along, which was doubtful. Kagome decided to tryout for the position of chaser. ‘It will be easier to protect Harry if I’m on the field with him.’ Kagome thought before walking up to Madam Hooch with Harry in tow.

“Yes?” Madam Hooch asked the young woman standing in front of her.

“Harry will try out for Seeker and I would like to tryout for the position of Chaser.” Kagome replied cooly.

“Okay, The two who can capture the two quaffles and send them through the hoops, past the keeper qualify as chasers for the Gryffindor house.” (I know there is only one quaffle but the second one is a spare)

Kagome sent Harry a look as she mounted her firebolt. The look was clearly a warning for him to stay where she could see him. At the count of three she and the other’s trying out, took to the air. Kagome darted around the others to get to the quaffle in her view. She sped up a bit and turned sharply to the left snatching the quaffle out of the air. She then dipped under another person, throwing the quaffle towards her goal, and scoring. The keeper didn’t even know what happened until after he saw her looking for Harry as soon as she spotted him she landed. After all, she already had the quaffle. She did not need to continue the tryout. It hadn’t even been 5 minutes.

Everyone present applauded while Kagome kept her cool, emotionless facade on. Her brother too had been on the quidditch team when he was a second year. Rare but not impossible. He was a beater, the best beater on the team at the time.

“Did I make the team?”

“Yes. That was wonderful. “ Madam Hooch said awed. Kagome nodded and waited near Harry. Oliver had watched along with the twins, and other players. They were extremely impressed, she was after all very skilled. Katie however couldn’t help the jealousy that flared up. Katie had the biggest crush on one Oliver Wood, she didn’t like some newbie stealing him from her. (I have no idea if it’s true.)

“She’s good, real good.” Angelina Johnson said in awe.

“Too good.” Katie hissed venomously causing the others around her to look at her oddly.

“Put a sock in it Katie, your just jealous because not only is she a better player then you, she’s smarter and bloody beautiful.” Ron said earning him a venomous look from Katie and jealous looks from his brothers and Oliver.

“What?” He asked unsure of what he said wrong.

No one said a thing, so he shrugged and ran to catch up with Harry and Kagome who were now leaving the field since Harry’s tryout’s were over. He was seeker. Again. Not surprising though.

“He likes older girls?” Jordan the announcer asked.

“Obviously.” Katie replied dryly.

“I can’t help but agree with Ron though. She’s a real beauty.” Jordan said getting approving grunts from the males near.

Katie glared.

Kagome, Ron and Harry got back to the dorm’s with no trouble and got to work on their assignments. Kagome breezed through it all within 30 minutes. Harry on the other hand was having some trouble grasping a harder Transfiguration concept. He needed a little help but other then that he was a smart fellow, even Kagome had grudgingly admitted so.

Hermione had entered the room a bit later to see Kagome reading Curses and Counter-Curses an advanced version and Magical Theory all advanced rather then the standard books by Vidictus Viridian and Adalbert Waffling. (Again don’t know if there’s a book but in my world there is) Kagome’s hand’s glowed an eerie green or gold when she used her witch powers. She glanced over to Harry, he was slouched on a chair working on Transfiguration. Again. She’d thought he finished it earlier. Apparently he just put it off.


“What is it?” Kagome asked softly to the frustrated young man beside her, never removing her eyes from the book in front of her.

“Transfiguration.” Harry replied loudly.

“Again?”

He gave her an evil look.

Kagome glanced at the disheveled young man and saved the page she had been reading with a spell and closed her book. She looked at his assignment, book work from A Beginner’s Guide to Transfiguration by: Emeric Switch. He was doing review from last year, Kagome guessed. She clearly and calmly instructed him of what to do so that he understood her. Harry proceeded to try and answer the question in the book using the instructions Kagome gave him.

He found the answer quickly and surprisingly easily. He glanced at the beautiful young woman beside him looking so sadly at something in a little black journal. It was a picture of a 12 year old boy with shoulder length dark brown hair and cheerful hazel eyes. Kagome’s breath left her in a soft sigh. ‘When will the pain stop? When will I get my revenge? Will I ever see you again?’

“Kiden...” No one heard the sad silent whisper. No one ever will. And that’s how she wanted it.

A/n: The end of chapter 5. Hope you enjoyed it.