InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ The Tournament ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~


Chapter 2!!!

~*~

It was just another day at Kaibara High, where Tohru Honda went to school. The lively sixteen year old had a look of pure happiness on her face as she walked between two of her good friends. These friends were part of the Sohma family. One had flaming orange hair and reddish-brown eyes that boldly stared each passerby before moving on. The other Sohma had purple hair and bright indigo eyes that mostly didn't portray much emotion whatsoever, except when he glanced down at the girl walking beside him. It was then that those eyes filled with happiness at seeing his companion so optimistic.

The trio neared the front gates, and as they stepped inside them, Tohru's two best friends, Uo and Hana came up, greeting the two Sohmas and Tohru.

"Uo-chan! Hana-chan!" said Tohru, cheerily.

"Tohru-chan, did you hear? There's some new girl here today," said Uo.

"Hai, although her electric currents are slightly…abnormal…," said Hana.

Tohru smiled and said, "Well, we must go introduce ourselves!"

Yuki and Kyo stood there, staring after the always bright and energetic Tohru.

"How does she do it?" muttered Kyo.

Yuki shrugged. For once, they were in agreement.

The two boys followed the three girls, curious too see who this new girl was.

"There she is," said Uo, pointing to a lone figure sitting beneath a tree.

The girl had a hat on and sunglasses perched on her nose, as her head bowed to indicate she wanted to be alone. Tohru couldn't really see her all that well, so she couldn't make out any of her other features.

"YUUUUKKIIIIII!!!!!!"

Yuki glanced nervously at the sky.

`Please, spare me,' he thought.

No such luck.

His fan club was here…

All four of them: Motoko, Minami, Mai, and Mio.

"Hiiiii, Yuki," purred Motoko, attempting to sound seductive as she leaned towards her object of worship.

"Hello, Motoko," said Yuki, being polite for his own and everyone else's sake.

Unfortunately for him, Motoko took that as a sign that Yuki did have interest in her. She leaned in even closer and began to move her arms around him to hug him. Then, when her arms were about 3 inches from touching Yuki, they stopped, frozen in a circle around the Sohma.

Motoko looked utterly confused.

"Wha-what happened to my arms?!" she yelled.

As she spoke, her arms were wrenched apart by an unseen force and she stumbled backwards onto the ground.

Motoko's groupies all stared in shock as well.

"What just happened?" asked Tohru.

Everyone just stared blankly at each other.

Then a quiet voice spoke up.

"I moved her away from him."

Everyone turned to see a girl with waist-length bluish hair and eyes that reminded Tohru of the sea.

"How'd you do that?"

The stranger smiled at Tohru's question.

"I am a psychic, as well as a miko. It is my duty to attend Kaibara High for an unknown reason," she said in a soft voice.

"Ohhh….I'm Tohru Honda. What's your name?"

"I am called Susami."

"Nice to meet you, Susami! These are my friends, Uo, Hana, Yuki, and Kyo. That girl you just moved was Motoko. She's the president of Yuki's fan club. And her groupies are Minami, Mai, and Mio. Hana doesn't like them very much, and neither do you! So maybe you two could become great friends…."

Uo looked very nervous. Tohru was rambling again.

"Come on, let's get out of here," said Motoko after Minami and Mio grabbed her arms and helped her up.

Yuki's fan club took off in a different direction…towards a big tree where a certain stranger was sitting…

~*~

AN: OMG. This chapter is REALLY BAD. It sounds VERY choppy and I know it sucks, but I'm trying my best and I have a lot of other things on my mind, so forgive me if you hate it.

~*~

Two minutes later, Kyo was bored with all the talk. His enemy, Yuki, was too busy flirting with the miko, Susami, to pay any heed to his taunts. Kyo's red-brown eyes roamed across the campus searching out something to do, when he saw something. Over by the large tree was Yuki's disgusting fan club, surrounding someone, he couldn't see who. The teen decided to take a look, his curiosity rising above all his other irrational thoughts. As he neared, he could pick out what they were saying.

"Sooo, you're the new girl, hm?" said Motoko, staring down hard at the person sitting at the base of the tree.

The new girl didn't say a word.

"Well, we're the members of Prince Yuki's Fan Club!" said Minami, gloating.

Once again, no response.

"Didn't you hear us, girl? You're expected to acknowledge us and say that you're not fit to be in the club cause you're new!" said Mai.

Again there was no response, but Kyo could see her muscles tensing ever so slightly.

"Maybe she's just plain dumb," added Mio.

Kyo thought it was time to intervene cause he was bored and felt like giving the Fan Club a verbal lashing just for the heck of it.

"Hey!" he called.

The four girls turned their heads to look at him.

"Hey there, Kyo," purred Mai.

"What might you four be doing?" he asked, gritting his teeth ever so slightly.

"Oh, we're just welcoming the new girl to Kaibara High," said Motoko, all feigned innocence.

"I see… And you GIRLS really think I believe you?!" he nearly yelled.

The strange new girl suddenly jumped up and yelled, "Look, I don't need any help whatsoever! So, I'll just thank you after you get out of MY business!"

Her head was still tilted downward.

Kyo felt his own temper rising at the girl's words for some strange reason, but he just stared at her, hard. The head in front of him began to rise.

"Why don't you just take of your hat and glasses, girl, so we can see… WHAT A FREAK YOU ARE!" cried Motoko, whipping the hat off and knocking the sunglasses off the girl's nose.

All four of the bitch club gasped.

The new person had ears on her head, wolf ears to be exact, poking out through a mane of long black hair with silver tips. Blood red eyes stared back defiantly at everyone and began to glow red.

"You BITCH!" she screamed at Motoko.

Motoko suddenly wasn't afraid and actually smirked, saying, "So, you're a freak show aren't you? Trying to hide yourself and be normal like everyone else, hm? Well, tell you what, freak, you'll never be the same as US. You're different, and you'll always be."

The blood red eyes glowed brighter than the sun at that point.

`Oh, shit," thought Kyo, `I think she's pissed.'

The strange girl stood there, hands fisted at her sides. Then they uncurled, claws springing forth. She growled deep in her throat as tiny electric sparks flew across her body, surrounding her with an electric field.

Now it was time for the fan club to tremble in fear and start screaming, running for their pathetic lives. And that they did, shrieking that there was a mad freak out to kill them.

The wolf girl turned her furious eyes on Kyo, but he glared back, not about to let himself be bested by a girl. They stared at each other for a minute or so, then the girl's eyes returned to their normal red and her claws retracted. Sighing softly, she retrieved her hat and glasses. She left the glasses off as she jammed the hat back down on her head to cover her ears.

Gruffly, she said, before Kyo could ask anything, "If you're about to ask what I am, I'm a wolf hanyou. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. Now please leave me alone."

Once again, Kyo's temper flared.

"I was going to ask for your name," he hissed, "But I see that you don't usually give that respect to others."

Bright red eyes looked up at him in slight shock, but his back was to her

Kyo was starting to walk away, when she said softly, "The name's Storm…asshole."

He whirled around.

"What did you just say?!"

"I said, My name's Storm, asshole."

"Don't call me an asshole, wench."

"Don't call ME a wench, jackass."

"Well, don't call me a jackass, whore."

"I'm not a whore, you shithead."

"Then I'M not a shithead, bitch."

Storm was about to reply when she relaxed and smirked.

"Bitch, THAT I can accept."

Kyo opened his mouth to reply, when she added, "Just so as long as I'm no one's bitch."

The hot headed Sohma grinned evilly. He leaned forward to whisper in Storm's ear.

"Sorry, you're MY bitch now," he breathed in her ear.

Kyo's lips descended on her's, silencing whatever it was that she was about to say. He pulled her close, one hand gripping her shoulder, the other one around her waist. Storm leaned in, wanting more, as she ran her hands across the expanse of Kyo's chest, feeling hard muscle underneath his shirt.

Then, she pulled away, crimson eyes looking up into his red-brown ones, asking an unspoken question. He smirked down at her.

"Looks like I win this time, bitch," he said as he once more captured her waiting lips in another deeper kiss.

Across the campus, Tohru and her other friends were watching the couple.

"Oh! Looks like Kyo-kun's found himself a girl!" chirped Tohru.

Yuki gazed off into the distance, pondering.

"Hai, it's good for him, that it is," said the other Sohma.

"I agree," added Susami softly, "It helps lessen his pain."

The others looked at the miko in surprise, but she didn't say much more, only saying, "You will never understand."

~*~

AN: Ookkaaayy….It's a sucky chapter, I know, but I'm trying my best cause I have a TON of stuff to do, and I can't help it. I will also add that I might not be able to update for the next two weeks. And even if I did, it would probably take a really long time! Why? I'm going on vacation for two weeks, so I'm going to add more to this chapter to you people won't get as mad at me. Oh, and please forgive any grammar or spelling mistakes, cause I don't even bother with the stupid spell check cause there're so many foreign words, every single one is marked as misspelled.

~*~

Far away, a young man stood at a burial spot, his head bowed, as he mourned the loss of his comrades. He straightened, dark eyes narrowing, as his arm moved to the twin kodachis at his side.

"Who's there?" he spoke, quietly.

A girl stepped out of the undergrowth, moving silently, blue eyes trained on the man.

"What is your business?" he spoke once more.

The girl had shoulder length blonde hair with pink and black streaks through it and at her side were two swords, of different make: samurai and ninja.

"I was going to train," she said calmly, "but I spotted you and I neared to see what you were doing. I'm sorry for your fallen men."

"Iie, I still mourn them, but I must also have my revenge."

"My name's Lakken. May I know yours?"

"To my men and everyone else, I was known as Leader, but my true calling is Aoshi."

"If I may ask, why were you called leader?"

"I was the leader of the Onniwaban group. But that is no more. You say you are training."

Lakken nodded.

"Hai, I was on my way to a clearing to train for a tournament."

"A tournament."

"Hai. Fighters from all over the world are coming. The winning team gets marked down as the champion team until the next tournament."

Aoshi was silent for a minute as he thought about the information Lakken just gave him.

"Perhaps this is a way for me to have my revenge," he finally said, making Lakken jump slightly. She had been staring and a small blush creeped across her face at having been caught staring at Aoshi's features.

"Yes, maybe you will have your revenge," she said softly, "It was nice meeting you. Maybe I will see you there."

Lakken disappeared through the foliage, her form melting back into the green.

`Hai, maybe we shall meet again,' thought Aoshi as he watched her retreating figure.

~*~

AN: No, I'm not done! As you may have noticed, I'm jumping around, gradually introducing new characters into the whole thing.

Sorry if it gets confusing, but it's a big story. Eventually, it'll all be written going back and forth from teams, but I'm not there yet, so there.

~*~

Kagome's eyes slowly opened to see a dimly lit room. Once more, she had fallen asleep, waking up to find herself in the same room. She got up off the bed and walked to the door, trying it.

It was unlocked.

She slowly opened it and peeked out into the open. Outside was a hallway that branched out in three directions at one end, the other end being a dead end. The miko walked down the far left corridor, only to find herself walking down another hall that led out to…

A hot spring. Steam rose from the water, that looked so inviting. That was until she spotted someone already in the spring.

Her captor. What was his name again? Oh yes, Nekoroku.

He was leaning back against the side of the pool, eyes closed, as he appeared to be sleeping. Taking no chances whatsoever, Kagome dashed back around the doorway. Once she steadied her thumping heart, she shifted so that she got a clear view of the guy. But right after she settled herself, she was lifted into the air by an unseen force and flown through the doorway and set down next to Nekoroku, with her legs in the hot water. She could only stare in shock before her modesty took over and she hung her head quickly as she realized that she was staring at a naked male.

"So tell me, do you usually go wandering through a person's home without permission, and then proceed to spy on that person as they're taking a bath?" drawled Nekoroku, eyes still closed as he lounged in the water.

Kagome blushed furiously as she stared hard at the water, rocks, anything except the youkai next to her.

A clawed hand grasped her chin firmly and turned her head so that she was looking Nekoroku in the eyes, which were now open.

"Answer me," he said, softly.

Kagome froze at his touch, but still managed to whisper, "No."

"I see," he said, as though it confirmed something, as he settled back into the water.

After a moments silence, Kagome broke the quietness.

"Um, Nekoroku-sama?"

No answer.

She continued.

"May I bathe here?"

One hand waved in consent, telling her to do so. The young miko sat there, uncomfortable.

"I gave my consent, did I not?" said Nekoroku, "If you don't undress now, I will do it for you."

Kagome blushed furiously as she was about to protest, but thought better of it and hurriedly undressed, stepping into the water and swimming swiftly to the other side of the spring. There, she quickly washed her body and dipped her head back into the water, soaking her hair, washing it too. Done, she summoned up her courage to go past the youkai on the other side of the water. She swam across, taking long slow strokes. She slowed as she neared Nekoroku, pushing herself into a walk.

Nekoroku had smelled her scent all through her bath, enjoying every moment of it. Now she was leaving. He could smell her nervousness as she neared him, and he knew that he didn't want her to leave.

Kagome was about to climb out, putting her hands on the stone, when a clawed appendage wrapped around her wrist, gripping gently so as not to crush her bone. Slowly, the girl turned to meet dark blue eyes with her own bright blue ones.

"Don't go," he said softly.

Kagome wanted to leave, but something inside of her told her to stay. She nodded slightly and slid back into the hot water, reveling in its warmth. A moment later, she was pulled against a muscled body, eeping slightly as she felt something press against the back of her thigh, knowing exactly what it was.

Nekoroku nuzzled her bare neck, planting butterfly kisses along it. Kagome shuddered at his treatment, tilting her head slightly, exposing her neck even more. It was too much for the youkai. His tongue ran up Kagome's neck, up her jaw to the corner of her mouth, where he stopped, and spun her around, taking possession of her lips. One thought rested in his mind at this point.

`She tastes good,' he thought, as he coaxed her mouth open with his tongue and took her mouth as well. Kagome moaned slightly as she wrapped her arms around his neck, breasts crushed against his chest. It was then that Kagome came to her senses.

Gasping slightly, the miko pulled away.

"Gomen, Nekoroku-sama. It won't happen again," she said as she hurriedly wrapped a towel around herself and rushed out, heading toward her room.

Nekoroku frowned at what he just did. Never before had he taken a human girl! It was always some type of youkai, hanyou, full, or three quarter, like himself. Not to mention the fact that he thought love was useless, even though he'd fallen victim to it numerous times.

Back in her room, Kagome thought about why the youkai would do something like that.

"Why? I'm just a useless human, with miko powers," she said to herself.

~*~

AN: There we go! Second chapter! If I don't update, it really isn't my fault. I couldn't get a hold of a computer for long enough. Hoped you liked it, even though it was rather poorly done!

~*~

*

~*~