InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Misconception ❯ Hunting Trip ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaim: If I owned it would I type fanfics...the answer is NO.

~~*~~*~~*~~

Kagome arrived at the mountain base in the same day. The only plan for tonigh would be to find a suitable place to sleep. The sun was setting, giving the leaves a wonderful orange glow. She walked well into the night. The full moon was hanging high in the sky. She spotted a cave. One of those random ones that just seem to appear there. It would sufice. She stood in the entrance and sniffed lightly. Although she could take any animal that would be living in it, she just wasn't in the mood.

Smell no knew scents she entered. The top was low enough that she had to duck a little, but it got higher the further back she went. It was a straight tunnel, with nothing branching off. Kagome came to the end. It was a spacious chamber, rounded out. It was also dry. She walked back out to gather some dry grass and leaves to soften the ground.

A few trips later she'd gathered enough to make a comfortable bedding. She only woke once in the middle of the night to chase of a curious animal. Other than that she dozed lightly until the sun rose. Today she would hunt.

Kagome walked with silent steps, keeping behind trees, and listening. She spotted a lone deer several hours in. It was a buck. It was grazing, ears flicking, and lifting its head occasionally. She crouched down on all fours. The transfomation took her by surprise, but it wasn't painful. She could only watch in silence as her hands became large white, striped paws. At last she stood there ears and tail flicking. A beautiful white tigress.

She stretched feeling the new muscles. How they were so different from her bipedal lifestyle. Slowly she approached. The wind carried the scent of the deer to her. She hid in some thick brush. Kagome adjusted her muscles to prepare for a leap. Left, right, up, down. There. The muscles coiled like springs, deliciously tense to her mind. The movement of an animal form was so free. She burst from the brush in a speed that was impossible to perceive.

In a moment the deer was limp. Its neck clamped in Kagome's mouth. She ripped away the fur and dug into the soft flesh. After finishing off the deer the transformation took over on its on accord. Kagome pulled what little was left of the carcass into a bush. She found a small pond to wash her hands and quickly rinse off.

After drying off she headed back to the cave. The day after tomorrow she would head back. Naturally she had been tempted to stay. Had thought about it while washing in fact. Then it dawned on her that she couldn't keep running away from all of her confrontations. Kagome fell into a lite sleep.

Again she woke with the sun. However the plan for today was just to laze about. She went back to the pond she found and sat in a near by tree. Hours passed with a few naps in between. Night fell and again she went back to the cave.

Day came once more and before she left she put a barrier around the entrance of the cave. She would come back. It was peaceful here. There was plenty of game to hunt to feed off of once a month. And for as long as she was alive this cave was hers.

~*~*~*~*~

Kagome completed the treck back in half the time it took her to get there. First thing was first. She needed to changer her clothes. I have know idea how I forgot my clothes in the first place. She sighed and went into the bathroom to change. When she came out Akito was sitting on the couch.

"You were gone for three days."

"I was hunting."

"So you say." He said skeptically.

"Believe what you will."

"What did you catch?"

"A deer."

"Well...where is it?" He asked.

"I have eaten it of course. That was the soul purpose for my hunt."

"I see." He stood."Come."

He beckoned her to follow. She did and was led to a library. He motioned her to sit and set a book on her lap.

"This book is a record of our history. It tells of the first time recorded our curse was put on us. The dates are accurate enough."

Kagome flipped through the book quickly. Mostly it looked like short jounal entries. According to the book this curse went back hundreds and hundreds of years. This book would offer no clues as to the origin of the curse. Then an idea struck her. She flipped back to the beginning. The first entry was exactly 500 years ago. (what a coincidence, ne?) She could go back and find the origin but...Kagome looked over at Akito's intense look. Would he let her?

"Sit down Akito."

He sat even though he wasn't one to take orders.

"I have contacts that can give me more information, but I would have to travel quite a distance. I would also be gone a....while."

"I shall send some one with you."

"That would prove to be unnecessary. Not to mention it would slow me down."

"I insist."

"Trust me on this. I am to curious to walk away now. Exactly where was your family located when this book was first started?"

"My family has always lived here."

"That makes it a lot easier. I shall return in one month."

"You will take three of my people with you."

Kagome turned to glare at him.

"You may have some choice."

"How about one. Shigure."

"Three. You will also take Ayame and the monster. You have one month. I will send Ayame to Shigure's house tomorrow. You shall leave for that house today and prepare."

"Fine."

She left and headed to Shigure's.

~~*~~*~~*~~

Another chap. Yeah!!! R&R!!