InuYasha Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Something Akin to Cupid ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Something Akin to Cupid
Author: inuyashagirl5
Rating: T
Genre:
Romance/Humor
Pairings: Kagome/Hiro and Ryuichi/Shuichi
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha or Gravitation. InuYasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi and Gravitation is owned by Maki Murakami. I only borrow their characters for my own amusement and for the amusement of my readers.
============================================================== =============================================================
Part One:


Beautiful. It was only one of the words the duo could use to describe the new intern they were currently silently stalking. No one in the building were paying them any mind. It wasn't unheard of for one Ryuichi Sakuma and one Shuichi Shindou to be doing things that were a little on the odd and childish side. Though a few gazed at the young woman with sympathetic eyes. She didn't know what was about to hit her. Said girl paused near the reception desk, rifling through papers she had in her hand before finding what ever it was she had been looking for.

"Let's begin." Shuichi grinned, "Phase one of operation Get Hiro a Date shall begin right now!"

With that Ryuichi took his cue, jumping from his hiding spot and yelling something about missing something. It was quite the theatrics and caused everyone to turn to him. Including one raven haired, blue-eyed beauty, who stared a little wide eyed at the wailing musical legend before her.

"Ah." The woman behind the receptionist's desk frowned a little before pointing at Ryuichi, "You're the intern. You help him."

The girl froze, her eyes gazing back at the woman behind the desk, who had now moved to answer the phone. She sighed softly while setting her papers on the desk and turning to face the still crying singer. She cleared her throat. He paused to watch her, still sniffling a little for effect.

"Can I help you find what you're looking for, Sakuma-san?" She inquired, tilting her head a little to the right.

'She's really too cute!' Ryuichi inwardly grinned.

He readily accepted her help, taking her small hand into his larger one and pulling her off down a long hallway. Along the way she learned that Kumagoro had gone missing and he had looked all over for him, but had no luck finding him. She asked him where he had last seen the pink bunny, but he replied that he couldn't remember.

That was only the beginning. He led her up a few flights of stairs and looked in a few rooms he knew were empty, then proceeded to pull her into the room where he knew Bad Luck would be practicing.

She let out the tiniest squeak when she saw who else was in the room with them, but straightened herself out before looking too foolish. Their eyes lifted to see who had entered. Two, a bit startled, and one that seemed curious.

"Sakuma-san? What seems to be the problem?" It was Suguru Fujisaki that questioned the older musician.

Ryuichi's eyes swelled with more tears as he pouted. He tried to speak, but instead a soft whine came out. The girl sighed, knowing she would have to do the talking.

"Sakuma-san seems to have misplaced Kumagoro. Have any of you seen him?" The girl asked softly, her cheeks tinting red when all three of the band members looked at her, two longer than the other.

"Oh no! Ryu-chan!" Shuichi, fake tears and all, hugged the older male, "We'll help find Kuma-chan! Come on, Fujisaki-kun!"

"Wait? Why me?" Suguru didn't get much of a chance to protest as both singers pulled him from the room. "What about Nakano-san?"

"He needs more practice!" Shuichi said before slamming the door behind them, leaving one stunned guitarist and one confused intern alone together.

"Well then, I guess I can get back to work." The girl replied, keeping her eyes away from Hiro, whom she knew was watching her.

"Who are you? Are you new here?" He asked before she could leave. He couldn't just let a pretty girl go without at least getting her name. She spun around to face him, and he appreciated the flare of her skirt as she did so. She looked nervous, her hands clenched together in front of her.

"Uh, yeah. I'm just an intern with the company. My name is Kagome Higurashi." She bowed a little.

"It's nice to meet you, Kagome-san." Hiro smiled gently at her, "Perhaps I'll see you around the building?"

"Yes, perhaps." She smiled and made her way back to the door, "Have a good day, Nakano-san."

She exited the room, her heart beating wildly. Shaking off the effects of meeting more than one of her favorite idols she glanced up at the clock and silently curse. She still had far too much work to do that day and she doubted her boss would like it much if he learned what she had done with a chunk of her time. With that worry on her mind Kagome hurried off down the hallway, and past three pairs of eyes hiding from her view.

"Aww!" Shuichi pouted, releasing his hand from Suguru's mouth and standing to watch the girl run off, "She wasn't in there nearly long enough!"

"We'll have to set up phase two!" Ryuichi stated, a happy sparkle in his eyes as he flopped Kumagoro onto Suguru's head. Suguru groaned, his head flopping forward. He suddenly felt very, very tired. He didn't even want to know what the two males were planning, he just prayed they left him out of it.


The afternoon came quickly with both Ryuichi and Shuichi getting very little work done. They had followed the young woman all over the building, hiding in various locations and staying out of her way. They noted that along with her sweet, caring side, she had a hidden fiery side. It had come out when she was provoked by the janitor groping her behind as she passed. The man taunted her, calling her a few names and offering some very sexual promises. She had sneered at the guy and promised to get him fired. He had laughed at her, telling her that she was sexy when she was angry and that there was no way anyone in the building would believe her. She was, after all, just an intern. He'd learn soon enough of his mistake. Ryuichi would have no problem getting him removed from the building.

It was nearing dark when they spotted her outside, trying to get a taxi and being very unsuccessful at it. They could tell she was flustered by it, and really annoyed when one would pull up, only for her to be shoved away by someone stealing her ride. After a few times of this she gave up and sat down on the steps to the building, her eyes were dull and void of emotion.

"Phase two." Ryuichi whispered excitedly, motioning to Hiro who was standing near the exit, waiting for Shuichi. "Get Hiro-kun to drive her home! I'll take you home myself!"

"Brilliant!" Shuichi grinned and nodded his head rapidly. He stepped from his current hiding location behind a large, green fern. Hiro gave him a curious look as he approached, but the pink-haired singer brushed it off. Together they stepped outside and Shuichi began his act. "Oh!"

"Huh?" Hiro looked up in question, but by then Shuichi was already running down the steps. His sights fell on the young woman from earlier sitting at the bottom, who was rubbing her temples until startled by Shuichi jumping in front of her.

"I didn't get to thank you earlier!" Shuichi exclaimed, drawing attention to himself from many spectators. He plopped down on the ground in front of her. "Thank you for taking the time to help Ryu-chan earlier!"

"It was nothing." She replied quietly, her eyes gazed at Hiro as he stepped next to her. "According to the woman behind the reception desk it was my job to do so."

"I dislike that old bag." Hiro muttered with a scowl. He sat down with a soft thud next to her and shot Shuichi a curious glance when the pink-haired singer released a very soft gasp. Shuichi just grinned in reply. "Are you waiting for a ride, Kagome-san?"

"Nah. The cabs hate me today so it looks like I'll be walking home." She frowned up at the sky, just knowing those dark clouds meant trouble for her. "I should probably get going too. I think it's going to rain soon."

"Do you live close by?" Shuichi asked, moving to take a seat on the other side of her and stealthily motioning for Ryuichi to come out of his hiding spot inside. Which he did.

"I wish." Kagome mumbled and the boys both looked at her. "I live many miles from here, way across the city at a small shrine."

"You're going to walk home? You'll never make it that far before the rain starts." Shuichi protested, "We'll get you a ride home, Kagome-chan!"

Kagome froze at Shuichi's words and at how familiar he was acting with her. She was about to protest when Ryuichi glomped Shuichi from behind.

"Shu-chan!" He laughed and plopped Kumagoro onto Kagome's head. "Let's go play tag in the rain, Shu-chan!"

"That sounds like fun!" Shuichi laughed and snuggled more against the older singer before turning his eyes to Kagome and Hiro. Kagome's cheeks were bright pink, her eyes forward and on the ground before her. Hiro's eyes were on Kagome's face, seemingly studying it. "Ne, Hiro? Why don't you give Kagome-chan a ride home?"

"I could, but that all depends." Hiro answered, smirking at how tense the woman next to him had become, "Are you afraid of motorcycles, Kagome-san?"

"I, uh, have never been on one before." Kagome very nearly squeaked out in response. They chuckled at her and she wished at that moment she could hide.

"Then it's settled. I'll drive you home." Hiro stood and offered his hand to her. Kagome went to take it, but stopped, remembering that there was a pink bunny on her head. She removed it and offered it back to Ryuichi. He shook his head at her.

"Kuma-chan wants to go with you tonight, Kagome-chan! You can bring him back tomorrow!" Ryuichi grinned at her and she nodded, finally accepting Hiro's hand and letting him help her up.

"Have a good night you two!" Shuichi called out and waved as Hiro led Kagome away, his hand still holding onto hers. Ryuichi and Shuichi shared a smile before hopping up and running back into the building.

The ride home had been pleasant enough. Kagome was a little frightened at first, and felt really foolish for clinging so tightly to Hiro, but after a few minutes it wasn't so bad.

He pulled up in front of the shrine steps and helped her off the bike.

"Thank you for the ride, Nakano-san."

"You can call me Hiro." He replied and smiled, "You're welcome. I'll see you tomorrow at work, right?"

"Yes, of course."

"Good. Have a goodnight, Kagome-san."

"You as well, Hiro-san." She bowed her head a little and watched as he drove off. She silently admitted it to herself then. Today had been one seriously messed up day.
==================================================================