InuYasha Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Change Into a New Beginning ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own these characters they belong to Rumiko Takahashi and Masashi Kishimoto.

Kagome climbed up the vines hanging from the well’s dirt wall. She walked slowly to Kaede’s hut, enjoying the slight breeze and ignoring the feeling of something being amiss.

She breathed in the fresh scent of the feudal era and relaxed substantially. She blinked suddenly when a rain drop landed on her nose. ‘Huh? Why didn’t I notice those clouds before?’ She thought, looking up and noticing the eerie looking gray clouds.

Another rain drop landing on her arm caused her to quicken her pace and soon she was running towards Kaede’s hut.

--scene change--

Kagome panted heavily, resting under a tree close to Kaede’s hut. Rain pelted the area around her and she stood up straight once she had regained her breath.

She stepped out from under the protection of the tree’s leaves and branches before bolting toward the hut. Rain splattered against her clothes and she noticed that a fire was going in the hut.

She shivered from the cold and ran faster, finally reaching the hut. She was going to move the woven bamboo mat that blocked the entrance when she heard voices from inside.      

 “Lady Kikyo, why is it you never came to join our group before?” The voice said.

‘Miroku?’ She questioned herself. “Yes Lady Kikyo, why is that, we could have used your strength. All we have is Kagome and she is nowhere near as powerful as you are” Another, more feminine voice came.

‘Sango’ Kagome asked mentally, her eyes beginning to tear up. “It was because of my reincarnation that I could not join you, I feared that you would dismiss me because of her” Kikyo’s voice spoke.

She heard gasps from inside the hut and this time a child like voice carried out “Kikyo-Okaa-san how could you think that?! We would never dismiss you!”

Tears spilled from Kagome’s eyes as she backed slowly from the hut’s makeshift door. Then she turned sharply and ran to the well.

--scene change--

Sobs racked through Kagome’s body as her mother held her close, a cup of tea forgotten on the table. “Shh, It’s okay” Her mother murmured in her ear, rocking her back and forth.

“H-how...how could they dislike me so much? What did I do to deserve this?!” Her daughter sobbed. Mrs. Higurashi sighed and patted her daughter’s back.

“Kagome, listen” She said and watched as her daughter lifted her head. “I know it’s not the best time to tell you but I am going to anyway.” She said quietly, “you are a demon Kagome.”

Her daughter’s eyes widened considerably and she gasped. Her mother sighed heavily and stroked her daughters back. “I know it’s a lot to lay on you at once but you needed to know, especially since your full powers will come in soon.” She said, continuing to watch her daughter.

--scene change--

Naraku cackled darkly and an amused twinkle entered his red eyes. “She thinks her friends betrayed her” He cooed evilly to himself. “Although, Inuyasha did slightly by allowing Kikyo to join their little group.”

Kagura rolled her eyes in a nearby corner and glared at her master.

--scene change--

Kagome jumped easily from the well, her dark hair swaying around her. Her demonic claws sparkled in the sun’s light and her silver eyes searched around her, looking for the dark aura of Naraku.

Sniffing the air lightly, she found his scent and raced toward him, ready and willing to fight to the death.

--scene change--

Kagome grasped the nearly completed jewel that hung from her neck and turned away from the destructive scene. Naraku’s body lay in the center, his black hair pooled around him.

She walked slowly, sensing a demonic aura near her. “I sense the jewel!” Kikyo shrieked from over the hill. Kagome turned and spotted them coming down a nearby hill. “Where are they, Kikyo?” Inuyasha asked, his attention captured.

“There!” Kikyo cried, pointing directly at Kagome. Kagome dropped into a defensive position and waited. Soon the group was near her and she shouted “Come any closer and you will be purified to ashes!”

“Wench! Give us the jewel shards!” Inuyasha snarled, unsheathing Tetsuiga. “No” Kagome stated, defiant “If you want them come and get them.”

He ran at her, Tetsuiga held aloft. He swung the demonic fang at her but she jumped away quickly, dodging the blow with ease. She landed behind him and tapped his shoulder softly. As he turned sharply she kicked him in the gut, sending him flying into a nearby tree. The tree cracked and snapped in two. Suddenly an arrow whizzed toward her, a whistling sound alerting her of its presence.

She turned quickly and caught the arrow between her middle and index finger. She smirked smugly and snapped the arrow in two. “Was that supposed to harm me?” She taunted.

  “How were you able to deflect my spiritual energy?!” Kikyo cried, “You’re a demon you should have been purified!” Kagome laughed without humor “Not if I am a miko as well.”

Kikyo gasped, realization striking. She knew there had been a resemblance. “So it is you, my dear reincarnation” She spoke, her voice cold. Sango gasped loudly and looked at the demoness closely, indeed she did have some similarities to Kagome but Kagome was human...wasn’t she?

“K-Kagome? Is that you Kagome?” She rasped, confused but hopeful that this was her friend that she had not seen in months. Kagome nodded slightly but did not speak. “Reincarnation” Kikyo said, “Give me the jewel shards that you carry so that Naraku shall not get them.”

Kagome turned and began walking. “Hey Wench!” Inuyasha called, having finally gotten up from the damage of Kagome’s attack, “Give Kikyo your shards, she can protect them way better than you can!”

Kagome rolled her eyes and continued walking. “No” She finally answered. “No!” Inuyasha bellowed, “what do you mean no?!” Kagome stood still for a moment, “Naraku is dead and there is no need for Kikyo to have them.” She stated and started walking again, disappearing over another hill.

--scene change--

Miroku hesitantly undid the prayer beads around his right arm. He gasped and his eyes widened slightly. “I’m free” He whispered quietly. Then he laughed with joy and hugged Sango.

“I’m free!” He laughed, twirling Sango, “The wind tunnel’s gone and I’m free!” He set Sango back on the ground and put his lips to hers. She struggled for a moment before relaxing.

He broke the kiss and laughed again. Sango grinned and her cheeks heated up when he kissed her again.

Inuyasha rolled his eyes and turned away from the scene. He faced Kikyo and suddenly noticed that their part of the jewel was not around her neck. “Kikyo, where are the jewel shards?” He asked, worried. “They’re right...” Kikyo began but found she could not find the necklace containing the bottle with the jewel shards. “She took them” She said, glaring in the direction in which Kagome had walked off.

“What?!” Inuyasha cried, furious that Kagome would have been able to take them.

--scene change--

Kagome sighed as she plopped down none to gracefully onto the ground under a tree. She tiredly leaned her back against the tree and wondered where Koga was. “I only need his shards to complete the jewel.” She murmured quietly to herself as she remembered getting Kohaku’s shard.

Flashback...
Kohaku walked up to Kagome, looking down at the dead body of Naraku as he did so. “Kagome-sama will you please remove the jewel shard from my back so that I may join the other demon slayers?” He pleaded quietly.

“What? Why Kohaku?” Kagome asked, not wanting to end the young boy’s life. “Because I was the one that killed them” He whispered, tears beginning to stream from his eyes, “I could never live here with that on my conscience, please Kagome-sama take the jewel shard out so I can join them!” He cried, sobbing quietly.

“If you’re sure...” She hesitated. He nodded and Kagome pulled the shard slowly out of his back. “Tell my sister goodbye for me” He whispered, smiling slightly before his eyes completely dimmed.
End Flashback...

Kagome sighed again but perked up as she suddenly smelled the scent of wolves. A whirlwind appeared through the grove of trees and Koga stepped out of it. He sniffed the air and murmured quietly to himself as his companions appeared behind him, “I thought I smelled my Kagome.”

She resisted from rolling her eyes and stood up. She walked up to him and he turned to her. His eyes filled with wonder and he asked “Why are you in my territory?”

“I am merely passing by so as to reach my destination” She said, looking down at his legs in which two jewel shards glowed brightly to her. “Koga, may I please have the jewel shards?” She asked.

“Not unless you beat me and take them from me demon” He spat and kicked towards her. She jumped out of the way quickly and landed in a crouch. “Koga I do not want to fight!” She cried, dodging another attack. “Koga, please listen! I need your shards to complete the jewel, please give them to me!”

Koga froze and looked at her. “W-what do you mean complete?! Naraku has shards and so does mutt face!” He bellowed, surprised. “No,” Kagome soothed, “Naraku is dead, your comrades are avenged. Besides I already have Inuyasha’s shards.” She shrugged slightly and pulled the necklace out from under her kimono.

“How did you get those? And how did you know about what happened to my comrades?” He asked confused. “Because, I’m Kagome” She said, looking into his blue eyes. Koga gasped slightly and a grin came to his face.

“Sure, you can have my shards Kagome” He stated, removing them from both of his legs. “Thanks Koga” She whispered, giving him a friendly hug. He grinned again and sprinted off, his followers going after him with desperate calls for him to wait up.
 
Kagome shook her head and fused the shards together. The jewel pulsed, glowing a bright pink with purity. “I wish for all of my friends to be with their true loves” She whispered to it, watching as it pulsed again.

“Such a kind wish, it is granted” The feminine voice of Midoriko came from the jewel. A bright beam of purple light covered the area and the jewel flew inside of Kagome’s body.

--scene change--

A distance away Kikyo’s body began to turn from clay to flesh as the other souls flew from her body. A new soul entered, filling her with life. She looked up into the sky and noticed the purple light.

‘Thank you, Kagome’ She thought, hugging Inuyasha tightly and reveling in the warmth of his skin against hers.

--scene change--

Farther away in the woods, a red haired wolf demoness lounged on a fallen log, a demonic wolf prince beside her.

Koga stroked her cheek softly and kissed her passionately. “I have been blinded but now I see. Can you forgive me, Ayame?” He whispered. She nodded happily and hugged him.

--scene change--

Kagome smiled slightly and leapt from the well’s edge, becoming surrounded by purple and blue light of time travel. She jumped out of the older well and climbed the stairs of the shrine.

She slid open the shoji screen doors and stepped out into the sun. She grinned at the contact with the light and rushed over to her home. Throwing open the front door, she clambered inside but from when the smell of blood assaulted her nose.

“Okaa-san! Souta! Grandfather!” She cried desperately, racing through the house. She spotted them each in their bed, all three having been slaughtered in their sleep. She grabbed the nearest phone and dialed 911. She fell to her knees and sobbed quietly, her small frame shaking uncontrollably. Sirens rang outside and police men came in. They picked up her sobbing form and placed it in the back of the patrol car.

Another police man came and wrapped a blanket around her. “Thank you” Kagome whispered quietly and the man smiled sadly. “It’ll be okay” He tried to reassure her, “We’ll find out who did this and we will get them. Until then though, do you have anyone you can stay with?”

She nodded and told him her aunt’s address that lived not far from her own home. He straightened after writing it down and shut the car door. He walked over to his chief and whispered “The girl’s traumatized about her family but she acts as if this could have happened any day.”

His chief nodded. “Perhaps she might know something about who did this? I knew her family; her grandfather was a good friend of mine.” He said, looking back at the house. “The real question on my mind, though, is why someone would want to harm this innocent family and nearly drive that poor girl mad?” He questioned.

The police man shook his head, just as confused but knowing that there were in fact people like that out there.
Converting /tmp/phpVg484x to /dev/stdout