InuYasha Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Hoshi: Star ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hoshi: Star
 
By: Animefanfreak297
 
Oi, this is my 4th fanfic, so I except flames of any kind.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own anything!
 
Regular: Regular
 
Italics: thoughts
 
Bold: flashbacks
 
Inuyasha/Naruto Crossover
 
Sas/Kag pairing
 
Voting booth:
 
Naruto/Hinata
 
Naruto/Sakura
 
~*~
 
Sakura/Neji
 
Sakura/Akamaru
 
Sakura/Neji
 
Sakura/Kakashi
 
~*~
 
Please add some more pairings!
 
Me: Hello everyone and welcome to this week's edition of Hoshi: Star.
 
Kagome comes up the stairs
 
Kagome: Hey everyone, Animefanfreak297 won't update unless she gets 15 reviews, so review!
 
Onto the story!
 
It was late in the evening and only a few couples strolled around the park, frightningly near a figure, who stood rigidly in the shadow of the acadamy wall, which overlooked the lush, green park.
 
It looked up and saw a window of shining light. The only light in such a desolated academy. Iruka sensei… The figure watched a shadow flit across the room in a scrambled hurry.
 
Why is he there so late? The figure stared up, worriedly. Oh well, All the better for me. And stealthily, the figure crept inside the building.
 
~*~
 
Sasuke sat on his futon, staring at a picture. A figure was in the picture. A girl. She was about 7 and had long raven black hair and a childish smile on her fair face. A smile flitted briefly across the young genin's face and a flash of remorse hung behind the smile.
 
I can't believe she's gone. She's probably dead anyway. He looked outside the window, a few crickets chirping a melody into the night sky. A flash of remembrance embraced him as he thought about memories. Such painful memories…
 
FlashBack
 
A young girl giggled as Sasuke grumbled at her. “What,” she asked innocently, pretending that she had no idea why he was so aggravated. “Feh,” he mumbled and sat down under the night sky. It had been an ordinary day when Sasuke had stumbled into school, but it turned out to be a disaster.
 
He chose to sit next to the worst of worst. Kagome. Kagome was a relatively quiet girl, but when you really knew her, you would scream shut up at her.Kagome thought it might be funny to make his life a living hell and tagged around him and repeated everything he said.
 
She also stole his lunch and ate all of his oden. His oden! “Look,” she smiled sincerely at him. “Gomen Nasai for treating you like that. But you have to admit, your face was is so funny when I aggravate you.”
 
She lay down beside him. She smiled up at the sky and suddenly jabbed a finger up at the sky. “Look!”Sasuke was so startled, that he nearly rolled off the hill. “What?!” He looked around uneasily like an enemy shinobi would come out and kill them.
 
“No silly,” she giggled and pointed up into the sky. “Look at that!” Sasuke peered at the stars through squinted eyes.“I don't see anything except for some stars.” “Exactly! Don't you see that big star!” He rose an eyebrow at her and scanned the sky.
 
He brightened when he found a large, bright star that gleamed in the dark midnight sky. “I found it!”“That's Kami's star.” She grinned brilliantly and saw Sasuke's confused face.
 
“When I was just a baby, my father told me this story.” Sasuke saw a flash of pain and sorrow shine on her face behind her smile.He understood how it felt to be alone. Itachi, his older brother, had killed off his clan and had left him. Only him.
 
Kagome had it much more worse. Her father had walked out on her family when she was 3, and her older sister Kikyo killed her entire family.He was sure she could remember all the blood and gore. He knew he could. Well, actually Kikyo's boyfriend killed them all.
 
Her boyfriend was a man named Onigumo and after the killing, they took off, leaving poor Kagome to take care of herself.Kagome was found outside of Konoha, and an ANBU shinobi brought her to the hokage.
 
After she was clothed and fed, she told her story to the hokage. He ordered for her to have free lodging at a hotel, and she thanked him gratefully.Kagome's voice broke through his thoughts, “Long long ago, when the land was filled with no man, the moon and the sun resided in the sky.
 
“They were huge round balls that sat in the sky all day fighting with each other. They quarreled each day about such small things. But it was big to them. The quarrels made new land but also sank islands and small continents.“Their quarrels formed the land like it is today. One day, something terrible happened. The sun insulted the moon, `If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't even be here!.'
 
“As you'd expect, the moon got angry and charged. The sun and the moon charged at each other with all their power and glory. And they struck. “ Bits of the sun and moon gathered and showered the night sky with large, glowing sprinkles of light. Stars.
 
“The largest one blended with not only the sun and moon, but another star. That is how Kami was created. Kami seperated the sun and the moon, and made them apoligize and make peace.The sun also mixed with a star.“Ever since, Kami's star was the ruler of all the stars, which were gods and goddesses. That's why Kami's star is the largest star. It watches over people and protects them.
 
Sasuke looked at her and asked quickly, “What about at daytime?” Kagome grinned. “Remember, the sun mixed with a star, so technically , it's a star.”“The sun, the moon, and the stars are always there. In the day time, the sun is a star and it is so bright, that most of the times, you can't see the moon or the stars.
 
“The moon is a reflection of the sun which is a star. At nightime, the moon comes out and so does the stars. They light our way through dark nights.”
 
Sasuke nodded and smiled at her. Kagome smirked and threw him something. He caught it and gave her a confused look. He opened his hand and saw a polished, silver chain. He gave her a weird look and she took out a silver chain of her own.
 
“Here.” She took his hands into hers and guided his fingers through the complicated steps of making a star with some string or a chain in this case.He finally got it, and she congragulated him. “Also, there is a prophecy. The prophecy of the stars.”
 
He gave an intrested smile and listened as she began her story.
 
“Prophecy of Stars
 
In 500 years, a savior will be born,
 
That can see, but cannot.
 
Clothed darkly, the savior will come,
 
With eyes like stars.”
 
He smiled and slipped his chain on around his neck. “Oh yea, and you and I are the only ones who can see these.” She patted her chain, that also hung around her neck.
He looked up at her. “Kagome-chan…arigatou.” She smiled, “Do itashimashite.” She gave him a tender look and kissed him.
 
That stunned him. He had never been kissed before, not even from his mother and father. He sat there, shocked as she skipped down the hill. “Sayonara Sasuke-kun.”He sat there and whispered “Sayonara Kagome-chan…Sayonara.”
 
The next day, on her birthday, she was gone.
 
End flashback
 
He fingered his chain and a calming sensation came across him. That's what always when he touched the chain.
 
It reminded him of the happy times. He sighed. Tomorrow would be Kagome's 12th birthday. The fifth year she had been gone from Konoha.
 
Gone from friends. Gone from him.
 
~*~
 
End Chapter
 
Japanease Dictionary.
 
Oi - hey
 
Sensi - teacher
 
Futon - something like a sleeping bag, kinda like a comfortable mat you sleep on (complete with the pillow and the blankets!)
 
Oden - Kagome's and Sasuke's favorite soup and food
 
Gomen nasai - I'm sorry
 
Shinobi - Ninja
 
Arigatou - Thank you
 
Do itashimashite - Your Welcome
 
Sayonara - Goodbye
 
Ja Ne - See ya later
Pleaz review!
 
Song of the Chapter!
 
Call me out
You stayed inside
One you love
Is where you hide
Shot me down as I flew by
Crash and burn
I think sometimes you forget where the heart is
 
Answer no to these questions
Let her go, learn a lesson
It's not me, you're not listening now
Can't you see something's missing?
You forget where the heart is
 
Take you away from that empty apartment
You stay and forget where the heart is
Someday if ever you love me you'd say it's okay
 
Waking up from this nightmare
How's your life, what's it like there?
Is it all what you want it to be?
Does it hurt when you think about me?
And how broken my heart is
 
Take you away from that empty apartment
You stay and forget where the heart is
Someday if ever you love me you'd say it's okay
 
It's okay to be angry and never let go
It only gets harder the more that you know
When you get lonely if no one's around
You know that I'll catch you when you're falling down
We came together but you left alone
And I know how it feels to walk out on your own
Maybe someday I will see you again
And you'll look me in my eyes and call me your friend
 
Take you away from that empty apartment
You stay and forget where the heart is
Someday if ever you love me you'd say its okay
It's okay
It's okay
 
Review to tell me whats the name of the song and who sang it!
 
~Animefanfreak297
 
Ja Ne!