InuYasha Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances ❯ Her Knight in Cloth Covered Armor ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Read, Review, and as always, Enjoy!! XDDDD
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
This chapter has been beta'd by the wonderful and awesomelicious ArmyWife22079!! This seriously wouldn't have been written out without your help and amazing ideas. Thank you!! ^^
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Disclaimer- As much as I wish I did, I DO NOT own Inuyasha or Naruto, just the plot of this story and any OC's that happen to pop up! XD
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Second Chances--
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Previously;
 
Her mind went blank, trying to wrap around the fact that the man threatening her called himself a ninja. `Ni-ni-ninja?! No- this couldn't mean that… no… just-just nooooo!'
The feeling of dread washed over her- what kind of world did that damn well toss her into this time?!
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Her Knight in Cloth Covered Armor--
 
During Kagome's moment of flaring panic, a sharp `twang' of a twig snapping startled the man, causing his head to whip around to check it out.
 
The man's eyes narrowed though when he didn't find anything, suspicion flashed darkly in his gaze.
 
As he turned his attention back to the woman in his clutches, a shocked gasp tore from his throat and he dropped whatever he was holding.
 
All that fell to the ground was a straw dummy.
 
“What the-?!” The man blinked in shock, stepping back in his confused stupor. `I didn't even notice the difference!'
 
“Yo!”
 
The causal remark had the man spinning around instantly. Heavy curses were all that followed. "Who the fuck are you?!" he demanded automatically.
 
In front of him was the girl…who was currently wrapped up safely in the arms of a ninja, regaining her breath.
 
And not any ordinary ninja at that- a Konoha one.
 
Dark silver hair defied gravity as it was pointed upwards. One narrowed gray eye practically glared at him, though it was greatly unsettled by the creepy smile that adorned the masked man's face. "Me? I'm Kakashi," the man began cheerily before continuing. “But you should know, it isn't nice to pick on defenseless women.” The ninja admonished innocently.
 
Kagome, whose face was returning to its original pallor, twitched. “I'm not defenseless…” she argued hotly, only to look away when a dry stare was turned her way. “...well, not completely…” she muttered weakly under her breath.
 
Kagome took note of the man holding her, taking in his appearances before mentally sighing in defeat. 'Oh yay, my own knight in cloth-covered armor, just my luck. Why do I always get stuck in these situations?'
 
Faintly, in the back of her mind, she knew she was still a little out of it.
 
She had to be, otherwise she wouldn't be acting so comfortable with a total stranger - who was apparently a ninja of all things - holding onto her when she just had another one strangling the life out of her only moments ago.
 
Well, that...or she was just plain crazy.
 
Hopefully it wasn't the latter...she couldn't handle it right now if that was the case.
 
Meanwhile, the man merely scoffed, ignoring the girl's comment. “What's it to ya! Just give `er back and we can both leave without a fight - no one has to get hurt.”
 
In response, the 'creepy smile' turned into a small frown. “My apologies, but I don't think that's the way it works.” Kakashi drawled out sarcastically.
 
The other man scowled. "Feh, have it your way then." he retorted gruffly, reaching down to his holster to pull out three kunai. He flicked one of them in Kagome and her 'savior's' direction.
 
When Kakashi jumped to dodge it jostled Kagome roughly, making the world around her spin.
 
She let out a moan, pinning the man clutching at her with a sharp stare. "Uhm, in case you've forgotten, injured person who just regained consciousness here. I don't know about you, but I need a bit of stability in my system before I can play hopscotch." she told him bluntly, before her eyes clenched in an attempt to shut out the world around her.
 
Seeing nothing but flashes of blurs didn't do her already pounding mind any good, and the feeling of riding a loop-de-loop rollercoaster didn't help her situation either.
 
Kagome could feel herself turn green when her stomach started twisting. "I think I might hurl..." she mumbled out, almost incoherently.
 
With the way Kakashi's only visible eye widened comically, it was pretty obvious he understood her good enough.
 
Five seconds and a summon later had Kagome settled under a tree, back against the well, with a small, weird looking pug staring at her.
 
"Watch her," was the only thing Kakashi said before disappearing out of thin air.
 
Kagome blinked suddenly. 'What just happened...?'
 
Her eyes flickered down to the tan little dog and she cocked her head. "Who was supposed to watch who again...?" she muttered under her breath tiredly, looking at the dog skeptically.
 
Her hand reached up to rub her temple; things were getting a little too weird for them to seem real.
 
"I am."
 
Kagome froze mid-rub, her hand floating listlessly in mid-air in front of her face. After a moments hesitation, she moved her hand away from her face, her mouth opened slightly as she stared at the only possible living thing that could have spoken. 'Oh hell no...'
 
It stayed like that for a few good minutes. Kagome and the dog only stared at each other, watching, waiting.
 
For Kagome, the shit hit the fan the moment the dog spoke - hell, introduced himself even! - and held out his paw.
 
"My name is Pakkun." The dog shoved his paw closer to Kagome's face. "Feel how soft my pad is!"
 
It can talk...?
 
Unconsciously, Kagome's aura flared in retaliation, wrapping around Pakkun and giving the dog chills.
 
Kagome's eyes went wide and she gaped even wider in panic.
 
'He's a dog. Albeit a dog with some seriously weird energy, but a dog nonetheless. And a talking dog at that...'
 
The only thing Kagome could even fathom of doing, was faint.
 
Pakkn blinked owlishly as a loud 'thud' resonated though the air.
 
And faint she did.
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Kakashi brushed himself off of imaginary dirt, a smug smirk apparent on his masked face.
 
'He really should have been nicer when he had the chance. I wouldn't have gone to such...extreme measures if he was...'
 
Less than ten feet was his opponent, unconscious and tied up to boot. He swung with the wind ever so slightly.
 
Suspended in mid-air, feet tied deftly to the tree with some rope, the man was a sight with all the angry blue and purple marks that so nicely adorned his face. And if you listened closely, you could hear the faint pathetic whimpers of pain that escaped every so often.
 
And it only took him exactly two minutes and nineteen seconds to tidy up too. A personal best if he'd say so himself.
 
He paused, peering at the tied up man, head tilted slightly in thought.
 
What should he do with him now...?
 
Kakashi shrugged suddenly, turning around to make his way towards where he dropped Kagome and Pakkun off.
 
Someone would find him...eventually...
 
Well, hopefully, for that man's sake anyhow...
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
"What did you do?"
 
Pakkun cocked his head at Kakashi's accusing tone, his paw scuffling the ground somewhat nervously. "Nothing, honestly!" the dog defended automatically.
 
The scene Kakashi stumbled upon was not a pretty one.
 
The girl was unconscious, splayed upon the ground, both ignorant and vulnerable to her dangerous surroundings.
 
And all the while, Pakkun, ever the concerned pug, was settled next to her, poking her firmly with his paw and telling her to 'wake up' every so often to no avail.
 
Kakashi crossed his arms at that, raising a dry silver eyebrow. "So you're telling me she passed out for no reason whatsoever?" he said flatly.
 
Pakkun nodded vigorously. "Yes! Exactly! It was completely at random!"
 
Kakashi only continued to stare at his summon silently.
 
Pakkun fidgeted under his gaze, before letting out a groan. "Okay, look! All I did was introduce myself. Then something weird happened and she just conked out! Was that so horrible?!"
 
'That poor girl...'
 
Kakashi snorted, imagining the dog's version of 'introducing himself'. No wonder the girl passed out, especially if she was a civilian "You have no idea..." he muttered under his breath, before stopping short. His eye narrowed at Pakkun. "What do you mean by 'weird'?" he inquired suspiciously.
 
Pakkun shrugged, unsure. "I mean weird. I told her my name and asked her if she wanted to feel my paw, you know, nothing too big, and she just started to freak." Pakkun twitched at the responding snort, but continued otherwise. "Then she did something weird. It made my fur tingle." The dog gave a reaffirming nod.
 
Kakashi's eyebrows furrowed in thought as the pug continued. "If I had to describe it, it felt pure-ish."
 
Pure?
 
Kakashi let out a weary sigh, scratching the back of his head. Taking in Kagome's form and all her injuries, he spoke. "I guess the only thing we can do is take her to the hospital, get her checked out, and wait until she wakes up to ask questions..."
 
Pakkun nodded in agreement.
 
Kakashi sighed again. "Good thing we were already finished with the mission..." he muttered under his breath. Peering at the girl, he scanned over her choice of clothing. A shirt and some kind of pants. "She's not dressed as a ninja, and there's no headband, so I guess it's safe to say she's a civilian..."
 
Pakkun cocked his head. "Weird choice of clothes though. I've never seen material like that."
 
Kakashi nodded. "Right. Probably from some distant village, maybe even country."
 
Pakkun shrugged, before trailing over to the well. "Her scent is the strongest from in here, and I think I found her pack - it was in the well." Going over, the dog tugged at the battered, bringing the yellow pack over."
 
Kakashi blinked. "A well?" He stepped forward, looking down into the depths of the dry well. "What would she be doing in here?" he murmured, mostly to himself.
 
Nothing stood out to him. Lifting his nose slightly, he could tell Pakkun was right. For the most part, he could smell the coppery tang of blood, and lots of it.
 
However, looking towards Kagome and scanning over her wounds, while she would have bled some, the injuries didn't seem serious enough to warrant such bloodshed.
 
If it wasn't for the mixed vanilla and citrus scent that teased at his sense from down there, he would have figured it wasn't her blood in the first place. And the blood was fresh, so it wasn't like the wounds could have healed so fast...right?
 
Shaking his head of the thoughts, Kakashi reached over to pick it the pack up. An eyebrow raised, testing the weight. "A little heavy for such a young girl traveling." he commented, curious.
 
Pakkun shrugged again. "Eh, could be clothes, food; maybe she's transporting something or whatever."
 
Kakashi turned to study the girl more closely however. Something just...felt off about all of this.
 
Pakkun just scoffed, seeing his serious face. "You're just paranoid."
 
Kakashi twitched, but shook his head nonetheless.
 
There was that...
 
Kakashi stepped forward to pick up the woman, careful of her injuries and unperturbed by the blood that will no doubt stain his clothes.
 
And off he went to collect his team before they continued their way back towards Konoha, Pakkun trailing beside him.
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Unbeknownst to any of them, Pakkun wasn't the only one who felt the surge of holy power from Kagome.
 
Tendrils and wisps shot out, reaching and reaching, wrapping its grips around those who could feel and hear, breaking a seemingly endless slumber spanning from so long ago.
 
For it called out, singing an eerie tune.
 
Protectors of the Protector, serve as she shall believes.
 
Enemies and allies alike, it matters no longer.
 
For nine will come together, and one shall emerge.
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Omake--
 
Kagome's eyes went wide and she gaped even wider in panic.
 
'He's a dog. Albeit a dog with some seriously weird energy, but a dog nonetheless. And a talking dog at that...'
 
Kagome jumped up from her spot, swaying suddenly from the movement. She backed away from the dog, trying to put some distance between them, head shaking in denial.
 
'This is so not happening. It's all some dream,, some sick, twisted nightmare my traitorous mind conjured up for some higher entity's sadistic amusement. I will wake up, either in my nice comfy bed or in Kaede's hut, where Inuyasha will then jump and scream at me to get up. I'll take his obnoxious screaming over this any day...'
 
With her mind working overdrive, Kagome barely registered when the back of her knees collided with the rim of the well and she buckled. The fact she was teetering on the edge of fainting didn't help her either as she struggled to keep her balance.
 
Only a few words were muttered before she lost and suddenly lurched backwards. "Holy shi-"
 
Pakkun's eyes widened significantly realizing just a little too late what was about to happen. "Oh crap!"
 
He leapt forward, jaws open to snatch at the hem of the girl's jeans, so close yet only a millimeter too short to his goal.
 
So much for watching her...
 
A bright light stunned him, his head tilting away from the glare. He waited for the sickening crunch that usually accompanied a body smacking harshly into the ground.
 
It never came.
 
When the glaring light faded, the dog's nose lifted, sniffing delicately. No smell of blood, no smell of death. He leapt to the edge, peering into the abyssal depth.
 
He expected to see the bloody pile of bleeding, broken limbs waiting for him at the bottom of the pit.
 
Instead his eyes met with nothing...
 
"What the...?"
 
Shrugging, he did the only thing he could think of; jumping into the well.
 
Only to be covered with the same bright light, which landed him face to face with one fat cat, next to none other than the heap of limbs known as Kagome.
 
Bouyo stared languidly at the tan pug; slanted eyes peered at him inquisitively.
 
'meow'
 
Twitching, Pakkun growled. "Whaddya staring at furball?"
 
All he got was a lazy blink.
 
For some inane reason, that only furthered his irritation. "Scat you feline rodent!"
 
As if recognizing the insult, Bouyo's pupils dilated and Pakkun's eyes widened once again as the cat sprung, claws unsheathed. 'me-rawr'
 
"Oh shi-"
 
-End.
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Words-1,864
 
Soo, there's the first chapter. Watchya think?
 
And I know, I know; I completely suck at updating in a timely fashion. What can I say? I'm cursed or something...
 
Oh, and the omake right up there, well that was just for some fun. My awesome beta suggested some time back and I just remembered. What if Kagome got sent to the Naruto universe, only to go back after freaking out and fainting, never to be seen again, where Pakkun will follow and meet up with Bouyo? Just an omake though, so it's not the well works or anything lol.
 
I dunno, I thought it was kinda amusing. Though, I do think it might be a little too long - are omakes supposed to be short, cause i dunno haha? Well, what do you think?
 
Till next time,
 
RainLily
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Reviews—
 
^^ Thank you guys so much, it makes my day every time I see a review. You don't know how much I really appreciate it!!
 
A big huge honking thanks to these awesome reviewers!!
 
jesswolf22- Thanks!! XD
 
Kitana Li- ^^ Thank you!! And I know! There really does need to be more Kakashi/Kagome fics out there!!