InuYasha Fan Fiction / Nightwalker Fan Fiction ❯ Nightwalker walks into Inuyasha ❯ Introductions ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The door to the office opens up and the red headed detective, Yayoi Matsunaga, walks in.

"Hi, Yayoi. What's happening now?" asks Shido, a breed hunting vampire.

"Hi, Shido, there is some breed activity in another town. I was wondering if you could go and check it out. The activity has been mainly based around and old temple with a well," says Yayoi.

"Ok, sounds like some average stuff. So when do we leave?" asks Shido.

"Well, we aren't both going this time," says Yayoi.

"What do you mean?" asks Riho.

"I have some other things to take care of around here. You guys will be ok on your own, right?" says Yayoi.

"Of course we'll be fine. We don't need your help anyway. Shido and me can do this by ourselves," says Guni, Shido's little fairy.

"Hey, I'm coming too! I'm going to help!" yells Riho.

"Like we need a little twerp like you to help us," says Guni sticking her tongue out.

"Who you calling a little twerp?" says Riho.

"Be quiet Guni. She is helpful. Now let's get ready to go," says Shido.

**in feudal Japan

Inuyasha, Kagome, and Shippou walk slowly through a forest, both Kagome and Shippou and look sad.

"So, Inuyasha, what are we going to do now that Miroku and Sango are gone?" asks Kagome.

"We'll find the rest of the shikon shard of course," says Inuyasha.

"Yeah, but how are we going to do it without them?" asks Kagome.

"Don't worry, we won't need help. And even if we do they said we can just go and get them," says Inuyasha.

"But I miss them," says Shippou.

"So go and find them or shut up about it! I mean it's not like we made them leave," says Inuyasha.

"Yeah but…" Shippou starts to say.

"I said shut up!" yells Inuyasha beginning to walk a little faster and ahead of the group.

"He misses them too Shippou. He just doesn't want to look like a "wimp" around us," says Kagome trying to comfort Shippou, and herself.

"I know, he just is so mean sometimes," says Shippou teary eyed.

"Don't worry about it," says Kagome giving Shippou a hug.

"Come on guys, we're losing light," says Inuyasha bitterly.

**back in present day

"So, Mr. Shido, what do you think a breed is doing around an old temple?" asks Riho.

"I don't know but I have a strange feeling about this temple," says Shido looking at the outside of the temple.

"I know, something just doesn't feel right. It's not a breed but something else entirely. Something evil…" says Guni.

"Riho! Look out! Your shadow!" says Shido shoving Riho out of the way just as spikes fly out of the shadows.

The spikes fly through the corner of Shido's arm sending a chunk flying.

"Mr. Shido! Are you ok?" yells Riho running over to him.

"Damn, that hurt. Bastard! Your going to pay for that," says Shido

He bites his finger sending a stream of blood slipping from it. He then grips the stream which is quickly turns into a sword. Riho follows him by biting her finger sending another stream which quickly turns into a sword.

"Let's get him Shido," says Riho.

The two vampires run toward the shadow which jumps up and turns into the form of a giant gargoyle like beast. The breed launches into the air beginning to flap its wings but is quickly hit by Shido's blood sword.

"Get him Riho. Slam your sword into this breed's head and send him back to the darkness," says Shido.

"Go back to the darkness!" yells Riho thrusting her sword toward the breed.

The breed dodges the sword and swipes both the vampires away. It then jumps over the wall of the temple and into a well in the courtyard of the temple.

"Damn it, are your ok Riho?" asks Shido.

"Yeah, don't worry about me Shido, just get that breed before it hurts someone else," says Riho rising to her feet.

"Shido, Riho, the breed jumped over the wall and into that well there," says Guni frantically.

**feudal Japan

"Inuyasha, hold up, we'll make camp here for the night," says Kagome.

"Yeah, I'm starving," says Shippou.

"Ok, both of you, shut up!" says Inuyasha.

"Inuyasha, its ok to be sad that they left," says Kagome.

"I told you before… I don't care those jerks left!" yells Inuyasha.

"You're the only jerk here Inuyasha," says Kagome.

"Hey, I was just saying it was them who left," says Inuyasha.

"Whatever," says Kagome.

"Hey, you guys, let's just eat," says Shippou. "I don't want us to fight and break up too."

"We're all a little on edge right now," says Kagome.

"Yeah, if you say so," says Inuyasha.

"You just shut up right now!" yells Kagome.

"Whose gonna make me, you?!?" yells Inuyasha.

"Hey guys…" says Shippou.

"That's it… Inuyasha, sit!!!" yells Kagome.

*slam* Inuyasha is knocked down to the ground.

"I'm going home," says Kagome walking away.

"Wait, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you or Shippou feel bad. Your both right, ok, I do miss those guys," says Inuyasha.

"See Kagome, he says he's sorry. Please come back," says Shippou. "Now look what you did."

"What I did?!? I didn't ask her to go," says Inuyasha.

**present day

Riho and Shido jump over the wall follow by Guni flying. Both Riho and Shido make new swords after biting their fingers.

"Damn it, I can't believe he got us both down," says Shido.

"I can understand her, I mean she's a twerp, but you Shido," says Guni.

"Hey you don't say that about me," says Riho.

"Yeah, she is very helpful," says Shido.

"You really think that," says Riho blushing.

"Yeah, you've gotten really good," says Shido.

"Come on, you two lovebirds, the breed. In went into the well… right there," says Guni.

All three of them jump into the well and are tossed into feudal Japan.

"What the hell just happened there?" asks Shido, more to himself than anyone else.

**Kagome

"Stupid jerk, I'm sure he's soooo sorry," says Kagome under her breath.

Suddenly Kagome hears a noise in the woods.

"Inuyasha? Shippou? Who is there?" says Kagome grabbing her bow and an arrow. "Don't mess with me… I'll shoot you," says Kagome starting to get worried.

The breed jumps out of the tree and at Kagome as she launches the arrow. The arrow misses the breed completely.

"Ha ha ha," says the breed menacingly.

"Damn, I really need to practice with that thing," says Kagome as she just barely dodges the breed's claws.

"Please someone help me," says Kagome.

The breed lands and launches at Kagome again but only meets a knee in the face from Inuyasha.

"I'm sorry Kagome," says Inuyasha.

"I am sorry too," says Kagome. "We both made mistakes Inuyasha; lets just get rid of this demon… together."

"Let's," says Inuyasha.

Inuyasha draws the tetsusaiga. He then runs at the breed and swings but he misses the breed and is hit by a spike from his own shadow.

"Damn, my knee," yells Inuyasha.

He falls to one knee and Kagome fires a shot at the breed that stands menacingly over Inuyasha about to slam its claws into Inuyasha.

"Inuyasha are you ok?" asks Kagome.

"No! Look at my knee. What is that thing?" asks Inuyasha.

Suddenly a blood sword flies through the air barely missing Kagome's face and hitting the breed in the arm and pinning it to a tree.

"Damn, that hurt you bastard," says the breed.

"Who… What are you guys?" asks Riho.

"Yeah, what are you guys?" asks Guni echoing Riho's words.

"Well, I'm a human, he's a half-demon, and he is a fox-demon. What about you guys?" says Kagome.

"Demons? Riho quickly finish off that breed and we can get these demons together," says Shido pulling his sword out of the breeds arm.

"They don't look like any demon's I've ever seen," says Guni.

"I know, but they themselves said they are demons," says Shido.

"I don't know if their so bad Shido," says Riho after killing the breed.

"Yeah, the twerp is right for once. They were fighting with that breed," says Guni.

"They were probably disputing over territories. I mean that other breed did jump into this well," says Shido.

"Hey you, what are you doing here?" asks Inuyasha.

"Look at this thing. Never seen anything like it," says Shippou grabbing Guni.

"What is it? A bug?" asks Kagome.

Guni bites Shippou's hand to get free.

"No, I'm no bug. I'm a fairy," says Guni sticking her tongue out at Shippou and Kagome.

"You don't look like any fairy I've ever seen," says Kagome.

"How many fairies have you really seen?" asks Guni.

"Oh, well, now that you mention it, I've never seen any," says Kagome.

"That's what I thought," says Guni.

"Hey, stop fraternizing with the enemy here," says Shido.

"Hey, we're not the enemy here," says Inuyasha rising with the help of tetsusaiga. "Who are you guys anyway?"

"I'm Riho, he's Shido, and that little thing is Guni," says Riho.

"Not you too," says Shido.

"You don't smell like humans. Well obviously Guni there isn't but you too don't smell like humans either," says Inuyasha.

"Well, that's because we aren't," says Shido.

"Then you are…" says Kagome.

"Vampires," says Shido.

"Vampires?!?" says Shippou. "Quick, Inuyasha, get them."

"They don't seem evil to me," says Inuyasha.

"Their going to suck us dry," says Shippou.

"I would never go and do that to a cute little thing like you," says Riho. "Hey, is that real?" asks Riho pointing to Shippou's tail.

"Of course it is," says Shippou, "I mean, I am a demon."

"Can I touch it?" asks Riho.

"Riho, don't ask that," says Shido.

"No really, don't worry; he doesn't mind," says Kagome, "Do you?"

"Hey, leave me alone you weirdo," says Shippou running behind Inuyasha.

"Help me, Inuyasha," says Shippou staring worriedly at both Riho and, now, Kagome who are stalking him.

"Leave us alone you little freak," says Shido, who is now inspecting Inuyasha's wound.

"Yeah, go away," says Inuyasha.

"You go that way and I will go this way," whispers Kagome to Riho.

"Ok, we'll get him this time," whispers Riho back.

"Don't worry you'll be alright," says Shido, "it wasn't a bad one and I can see your demon blood give you heightened healing abilities."

"Help!!!" yells Shippou as the two girls pin him down.

"Riho, stop that right now," says Shido with worry in his voice. "Look at the sun."

"Oh no, we'll never make it back to our coffin in time," says Riho.

"Coffin!?!" says Kagome.

"Yes, we sleep in a coffin during the day to keep from the painful sun," says Shido.

"Well, I can't let you guys get hurt. Follow me, I know somewhere you can stay," says Kagome motioning for them to follow.

"Oh no, Inuyasha will you be alright alone," says Kagome frantically looking between Riho and Shido and Inuyasha.

"Yeah, just get them to safety. I'll catch up later, I know where you're going to," says Inuyasha.

"Well, ok, if you're sure," says Kagome running off into the distance with the two vampires, Shippou, and Guni flying behind all of them.

Kagome leads them all to Kaede's village.

"Kaede! Kaede! Quickly I need your help," yells Kagome.

Kaede runs out of her hut and looks around.

"Kagome, who are those people… I mean, what do you need?" asks Kaede.

"I need to borrow your basement, well actually, they do," says Kagome.

Shido throws his coat over Riho as the sun continues to rise.

"What is wrong with them?" asks Kaede looking strangely at the pair.

"Their vampires," says Kagome, "Hurry Kaede!!!"

"Vampires!" yells Kaede.

"Please, they're my friends. They saved us all," says Kagome beginning to get teary eyed.

"If you say so," says Kaede looking suspiciously at the two but leading them into her hut and to her basement.

"Thank you, umm… what is your name?" asks Riho.

"Oh yeah, I'm Kagome, the guy we left was Inuyasha, this is Shippou, and she is Kaede," says Kagome. "Don't worry about it; you guys did save our lives."

"Well, see you later," says Riho.

"Yes, thank you Kagome. See you and Inuyasha tonight," says Shido.

Both vampires walk down the stairs followed by Guni.

"Explain to me why I just let two vampires into my house and gave them sanctuary," says Kaede.

"Oh, well there was this strange demon. It fought through shadows and they came and killed it. I'm not sure exactly how or why they're here but I am going to find out tonight," says Kagome. "Oh yeah, and thank you so much for housing them. I'm sure we will all find out what is going on tonight."

"Kagome, we have to go back and get Inuyasha," says Shippou.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about him," says Kagome.

"Forgetting me," says Inuyasha leaning on his sword as blood leaks from his knee.

"What happened?" asks Kaede.

"The shadow fighting demon," says Kagome.

"Oh, I see, well Inuyasha come here," says Kaede, "I mean why not help another demon?"

"Where are those two anyway?" asks Inuyasha.

"In the basement, we'll see them tonight," says Shippou.

"Yeah, then ask them some questions," says Inuyasha and Kaede.

"Hey, we are trying to sleep down here," says Shido.

"Oh, sorry," says Kagome.

The group continues to whisper amongst each other as the vampires drift into their deep sleep.