InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Urusei Yatsura Fan Fiction ❯ The Official Fanfiction University of Rumiko Takahashi! ❯ The last straw ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The official fanfiction university of Rumiko Takahashi!

This is based on an idea by Camilla Sandman. It's her brilliance that thought up a University, not mine. Thanks you!

And obviously, the characters are Rumiko Takahashi's.

Hi, I'm Meowm. I'm going to be writing this fic about Rumiko Takahashi's main four mangas. They are: Ranma ½, Inuyasha, and Lum Urusei Yatsura. I've never read any Maison Ikkoku or the Mermaid saga, but if someone gives me some good ideas about them, I will probably put them in, so can someone help me out there? Thanks, I need it. Maybe some ideas of what subjects the characters can teach, ok? I'll put full credit.

*****

Cait stared at her computer screen, thinking of what to write next. She was half way through a really juicy crossover/self insertion fic. She had just typed down the part where Ranma and Inuyasha get into a big fight over who can date her, but couldn't think of whom she wanted to get her most. She paced around the floor for a couple minutes, talking to herself.

"Maybe I'll have Ataru come save me while they're busy . . . or maybe even Godai, hmm . . . this is a tough decision . . . " Finally deciding Ataru over Godai, she sat down to write it out. Scanning the page once, then twice, she realized something was wrong. "Wha . . . What the?" she muttered to herself, reading the words on the screen. They read:

**

Ranma and Inuyasha stared into each others eyes menacingly, while getting ready to fight. "Get back Catina!" Ranma called out to her. "You'll get hurt!"

Catina cowered back, frightened. "Be careful, Inuyasha! You too, Ranma!" Not knowing which she wanted to win, she could only watch as the two prepared to battle.

**

"That looks right . . . " Cait scrolled down a bit. "Whoa . . . What happened to this?"

**

"Hiryuu Shoten HA!"

"Claws of Blood!"

Catina watched, eyes wide open, as their battle raged on. Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around. "A ... Ataru! You came to save me!"

Inuyasha and Ranma looked away from their battle for a second. "Are you trying to take her away?"

Inuyasha called over. "Maybe he is!" Catina replied.

"Actually, I'm not. I don't want her, but you can have her, Dog."

" 'Dog?' What do you mean, 'Dog?' You want to taste my claws or something? Address me correctly!" Ataru nodded fiercely "By the way, you can have her, Ranma. I don't want her either."

"I thought you did! Cause I don't! I have too many girls already. You seemed to be in trouble in the girl department. Only two girlfriends? Wow. You're pathetic." Ranma shrugged. Inuyasha was glaring a death stare at him, "Oh well. It doesn't seem to be one of your strong points. Don't feel too bad."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"Well, you can have the girl, anyway." Ranma insisted.

"No, you." Inuyasha

"You."

"Hey, did you forget about meeeee?" Catina whined, while everyone else ignored her.

**

"Ok, THAT was weird. I so did NOT write that. How could Ranma and Inuyasha NOT be infatuated with me? And how dare that Ataru, being distracted from my incredibly good looks by . . . huh?" She gasped and fell back, as her computer screen started shaking. "Eeek! Is this an earth quake?" She looked at the curtains, but they weren't shaking. Puzzled, she climbed under the table like she was supposed too, waiting for it to stop. After a couple seconds, the screen stopped shaking above her. She stayed huddled for a minute, then crawled out.

"That was weird. Nothing else shook. I wonder if . . . " She stopped short, then clamped her hand over her mouth. "Who . . . who are you? What are you doing in my room!!" Before her were floating several figures, robed in black. She squealed very loud. "Hentai! Get out of my room! You don't go sneaking into a girls room like that!" She was about to slap them, until one held out a folder to her. She took it, reading the title. "Official Fanfiction University of Rumiko Takahashi? What?"

One of the floating people spoke in a low voice. "We have been sent here to tell you that you have been accepted into the Official Fanficiton University of Rumiko Takahashi, on account of one of the following: Unrealistic Self-Insertions, OOC Crossovers, or lemons that are just plain wrong. Do you concur that you have committed one or more of these serious offenses?"

Cait scowled. "Hey, who says my self-insertions are unrealistic, huh? Who! And my crossovers aren't either. They are perfectly fine the way they are! And my lemons are certainly NOT just wrong!"

Actually, as Cait thought about it, she realized that the might have been a TAD bit unrealistic, and some of the crossovers might have been a LITTLE bit out of character, and her lemons weren't VERY wrong, just a little, maybe a little more than that... oh well. Cait blushed. "I guess that might be true, but what is this university anyway?"

The first robed figure solemnly spoke again. "The University is a school for authors like you. It is comprised of classes establishing the importance of good grammar and spelling, keeping in character, and making crossovers and self-insertions (If you must write them at all) within reasonable terms. We're here to tell you that you're going or you're never writing fanfiction based on any of Rumiko Takahashi's works again. It's your call."

Cait squirmed, having an uncanny feeling he was smiling very evilly at her right now, but she couldn't see his (or it's) face. "What's this "University" like?" she spoke hesitantly, weighing the consequences between never writing or going to this University.

"There's information and pamphlets in the folder." The third spoke. "In a couple hours you will be taken to the university. Good night." The three jumped out the window, driving away in a turquoise Ford Angila. Cait stared after them, then she sighed and lay down on her bed. "That was one bizarre dream. I'm going to sleep." She rolled over, not bothering to get into her pajamas.

The next morning, Cait awoke with a bump on her head. Rubbing it she muttered "What time is it . . . " Next thing she knew, Cait was lying flat on the floor.

A voice over her said "Wake up, girl. I don't have all day!" Cait rubbed her eyes, and looked up. Shaking her head, she pinched herself once, then twice. "Wait . . . are you . . . " she stuttered "Are . . . are you really . . . ?"

Inuyasha scowled again. "Who do you think I am?"

Cait reached over and pulled on his ears, silently thinking 'If he's really Inuyasha, then when I--" Her thought was interrupted by a quick shove across the room.

"OWW! What are you doing?! It's bad enough I was 'volunteered' to take new students to the University, do I really need my ears yanked off too?" He rubbed the spot where she had touched them. "How would you like someone tugging on your ears whenever they saw you? It's the fifth time today! Now are you coming or not?" Cait, in a daze, randomly nodded. "Then get your folder. Tell me you filled out the form?" She shook her head, no, too amazed that this was happening. "Great, just great. Oh well, it's a long trip, you can fill it out on the way here. Climb on." Inuyasha motioned to his back. Cait hesitantly did that. Suddenly, they were flying through the air as he jumped out of her window.

**One hour later**

"So how long till we get there?" Cait said, absentmindedly. The shock and surprise of meeting one of her favorite manga/anime characters ever had quickly diminished with the fact that hanging on to someone's back, while he was running at 80 miles an hour through the forest, was not very fun.

"I told you, girl, we'll be at the train station in a couple minutes. You were too busy to hear because you kept trying to pull on my ears!"

Cait quickly withdrew her hand from behind one and blushed. "What are you talking about? I.... I never tried anything of the sort!"

"We're here." Inuyasha stopped running, and dumped her off on the ground.

Cait looked around, and saw a well in the middle of the forest clearing. "Where . . . where does that well lead to? You're not taking me to the past, are you?"

Inuyasha looked strangely at her. "We couldn't anyway, idiot. It doesn't lead to the past. Look on the side."

Cait cautiously walked around until she could see an imprinted label on the side of the well. Reading it out loud, Cait said "Property of OFURT. Only authorized OFURT staff and pupils permitted."

"Lets go now." Inuyasha picked her up by the arm. "We don't have all day!" He jumped down, and they both went down through the well.

**

Cait rubbed her head, then quickly got up from where she had fallen, staring with her mouth wide open at the sight before her. Inuyasha jumped up. "I hate that fall. What are you staring at?"

Cait continued gaping. Hundreds of people, most of them girls about her age, were piling onto a gigantic train. On the side read 'OFURT School Train.'

"Oh god." she thought to herself. "Then this isn't a dream." She suddenly looked down, then around her, then back down at her hands. "Oh wow, I'm . . . I'm . . . " she held up her hands to her face. "I'm like those people in an anime! I'm a cartoon!!!"

Inuyasha scowled. "Get used to it. Come on, you need to get on the train before everyone else does. Last one gets to share a car with Happosai and his friends."

Cait cringed at the mental image, picking up the pace. They shoved way through the crowd. As Cait stepped onto the train car, she noticed Inuyasha was walking away. "Aren't you coming?"

"I'm riding in the staff car." Looking at her confused look with disdain, her shook his head. "Make sure you fill out your form while you're on the train. It's a long way back to Japan! Also, it wouldn't hurt to read the pamphlets, and learn something about the University. Actually, it might hurt NOT to read them, Myoga gets really touchy when he finds out no one reads his pamphlets, anyway, hope you have a safe trip." He walked away, and Cait lost sight of him.

"Wait a second . . . I HOPE you have a safe trip?" Cait nervously turned around to look at the car she had just stepped into. As she felt the train start to move, the door closed behind her. Thinking frantically 'I can't get out! I hope there's no one . . . dangerous . . . in here!'

Suddenly, before she had a chance to turn and see, she felt something hit her head accompanied by a loud crash, and everything went dark.

"Gee, Patrina!" Chelsea said to her friend. "That's the third person you've mistaken for Ranma. Stop attacking everyone that walks in the door!"

*****

Next chapter: Cait arrives at the University!

*****

How did you like the first chapter? I'll appreciate any criticisms, suggestions, or ideas for what classes should the characters teach. I've decided classes for Ryouga, Nabiki, Akane, Kodachi, Kuno, Shampoo, Mousse, Kagome, Myoga, Kikyo, Lum, Benten, Kotatsu Neko (Yes, I'm serious), and Ten.

If anyone has good ideas for what subjects the following characters should teach, I'd really appreciate it, and I'll put full credit!

Ranma:?

Inuyasha:?

Miroku:?

Shippo:?

Ataru: ?

*****Suggestions are GREATLY accepted. Which other characters would teach interesting subjects? I'll REALLY appreciate any help with that. *******

*****

I'm not asking for reviews, but I'd like some suggestions for making this a great fic, thanks!