InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Urusei Yatsura Fan Fiction ❯ The Official Fanfiction University of Rumiko Takahashi! ❯ Arrival at the University! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Official Fanfiction University of Rumiko Takahashi!

Thanks for your reviews! I'm not going to be one of those authors that beg for reviews, but I'd appreciate any ideas you have!

By the way, kitty demon, it wasn't an insertion of me, it was Cait's character. I don't write that kind of stuff. And, Inuyasha and Ranma were arguing over who would NOT get her, as in they didn't want her.

And if you want to appear in this fic, review and tell me!

*****

Chapter 2

*****

Cait rubbed her head, and sat up. She had a huge bruise on her temple, and was lying across several hard, uncomfortable, plastic train seats. The last thing she remembered was being hit on the back of her head by something, and then blacking out.

"Oh, you're finally awake!"

Cait turned around to see who had spoken. There was a girl sitting next to where she had been lying.

"I'm Chelsea. Sorry Patrina knocked you on the head when she mistook you for Ranma. You're the third, no..." She sighed as a loud crash rang through the car. "Fourth today. PATRINA! Knock it off, Ranma's riding in the staff car! He's not coming!"

Patrina looked up from examining the body that she had just whacked on the head, tightening her ponytail. "But he's going to come looking for me because Akane hates him, I just know it! He can't resist me!" She brushed off her clothes. "And if he doesn't come looking for me, I'll look for him. I'm going to count to 100, and if he doesn't come, then I'll go to him. One . . . Two . . ."

Chelsea sighed again. "She's like that all the time. Totally obsessed with Ranma. Have you read any of the pamphlets about this University yet?"

Cait shook her head, "No. Inuyasha told me I'd better, or Myoga would get really mad at me."

"You got taken here by Inuyasha? Lucky." Chelsea frowned, and pulled out her folder to get out her pamphlets. "Ataru got to 'escort' me to the station. Spent half the time trying to grope me. He is the most disgusting hentai ever!"

Cait nodded, reading the pamphlets' titles. "Might as well start somewhere!" she thought to herself, picking out one at random. It read across the top 'Curriculum Overview.'

"You read that one first, and I'll read this one." Chelsea held up a brochure entitled 'Faculty and Staff.' "Then we'll switch."

Cait and Chelsea started reading, while Patrina was counting very quickly. (88, 89, 90, 91...) Cait was entranced by the brochure, as she paged through it she gaped at the courses names. "'In Character or not? How to tell.' 'Japanese names: spelling and meanings' 'Self Insertion or Mary-Sue?'" She thumbed through the pamphlet. "Bizarre..."

"Is yours as weird as mine?" Chelsea's eyes were staring intently on the page she was reading. "Looks like all the staff are... no that couldn't be... never mind." She put it back into her folder, shaking her head.

A voice rang out through a speaker on the ceiling. "The train will be arriving at OFURT in 10 minutes. Please have all forms filled out by then and your luggage ready to go."

Chelsea and Cait got their bags together, and hurriedly started filling in the admission form. "Let's see..." Cait thought to herself "Name: Cait Wilson. Age: 16. Species: Human. Huh?" She looked at the other choices, including Alien, Demon, Half-demon, Jusenkyo cursed (Please specify) and Other. "Bizarre..." she said again to herself. There were other strange questions like that, such as "Do you find enjoyment in stealing underwear/groping/asking people to bear you child?" and "Do you have an uncanny intolerance of cats?" She answered no to both of them, wondering why they would be on the form.

After Cait finished it, she put the form back into the folder and stood up as the train came to a stop. After getting off, she and the other students were ushered over to the registration tables. Cait gave them her form, then walked over to where everyone else was gathering, in front of a podium. After a couple of minutes, all the students were watching, and as the noise quieted down, they saw someone step up to the podium. Gasps were heard from the audience. Someone murmured near Cait. "That couldn't be... Ranma?!"

"Hello, students. Welcome to The Official Fanfiction University of Rumiko Takahashi." Ranma smiled at everyone, while reading off a peace of paper. A couple people were standing behind him. Cait noticed Akane, Inuyasha, Miroku, Lum, and Ataru. "You have been summoned here to this University to refine your Fanfiction skills, which are not exactly up to par for some rea--" That was as far as he got, noticing about 50 fangirls pulling on him.

"Hey... what are you doing? Get off me!" he said, trying to kick them off, but more kept coming. Akane walked over with her mallet, ready to kill, but Ranma grabbed her arm. "We're not supposed to hurt students, stupid!"

"Well, get someone else to do the speech then, idiot! I don't want them all hanging on you!" She started shooing away several girls still clinging on to him, while getting many dirty looks.

"I'll do it. I'm a better speaker than you anyway, Ranma!" Inuyasha tore the piece of paper from his hand, with little protest from Ranma, who was busy trying to convince three rather persistent girls to go away peacefully, before Akane got out her mallet again.

"Here at this University, we will teach you- oh forget this peace of crap." he said, tearing up the paper. "We get to teach you lousy excuses for writers what it's like for us, and how to write a good fanfic. As you probably noticed, you have been given schedules. Memorize them quickly, because I'm not going to take any excuses for any who's late for my class, and neither should any of the other teachers!" Bewildered and puzzled looks came from the audience, except the ones that had read the brochure about the faculty. Cait heard Chelsea say "So it was right..." from behind her.

"Read that stuff, before Myoga gets on your tail. He gets very touchy about that. Yes, all the teachers are people from Rumiko Takahashi's manga, and (unfortunately) appear in you stories!" Murmurs form the crowd were questioning why they were teaching classes and making a University.

"Because..." Inuyasha grimaced, and faked a sob. "Do you know how horrible it is to read a story about you self that's all wrong? I've seen thousands where I abandon Kagome and chase after a random girl that pops in, and ones where I kill her, and ones where I... well, I shouldn't say it in front of you all, but. . ."

He paused, and noticed everyone was staring intently at him. "AND YOU ALL ARE THE ONES THAT WROTE THEM!" He looked daggers at them, until Miroku whispered something about 'anger management counseling' and he settled down. "Someone else do this, I don't want to anymore. The thought of those pathetic excuses for--" he mumbled some more, and started to walk off, until he noticed that Ranma's fangirls had gotten tired of him, and were now clinging onto Inuyasha's legs. He tried to kick them off, and while hopping around on one foot, called.. "Ataru, Lum, why don't you two take it." Immediately all the guys who hadn't been paying attention looked up sharply, as the two approached the mike.

"Yeah, well, a lot of your fics are pretty bad, sorry to say it." Ataru hesitantly spoke up, with Lum hovering a couple feet above the ground, next to him. "Except for the lemons. Well, some of those aren't that great with plots, especially the ones with me, but the rest are great! What about that one with Lum and Sakura, hm? Who wrote that, it was grea--" Lum cut him off sharply with a shove.

"What he means is that all your lemons are totally wrong. And the person who wrote that one with me and... please come up here so I can... never mind, I'm not allowed kill you. Oh well, I'll fail you automatically if I found out who it is." Several guilty looking boys were whispering together, trying to figure out which Lum/Sakura she was talking about, while the rest has scooted to the front, drooling at Lum's sexy figure. She frowned at them. "What are you looking at?" They sighed at the sound of her voice, while Ataru was trying to attract some of Inuyasha's fangirls, none of which would come near him.

Akane was getting tired of it, so pushing Lum away from the microphone, she decided to finish up the announcement. "You have each been assigned a dorm. It's number is on you schedule. Boys dorms are on the East side, Girls on the West. You will each have a roommate, (No switching) and... question?" Akane pointed to Patrina, who was shyly raising her hand.

"Akane? I have a question about the dorms arrangement."

"Yes? What is it?"

"Well, If the girls dorms are on the west side, and the boys on the east, then which side does Ranma sleep on?" The entire student body gasped as Ranma's eyes started watering up as he sniffled. Not getting it, Patrina continued. "I mean, does he have a dorm on both sides for when he is one or the other? But the girls might get kind of upset with a boy sleeping with them, even if he was currently a girl." Everyone started trying to shut her up, but she kept talking. "Does he just take a bath before he goes to bed? Because the boys might not be ok with sleeping with a girl (Well, Miroku and Happosai might)" Miroku shook his head in disgust. "Or maybe neither side wants him. Does he have his own side of the dorm?"

Ranma looked at her with teary eyes. "You're so mean!"

Akane looked daggers at Patrina, mouthing 'Shut up now' "I'll clarify something now. The staff dormitories are on the North side. Do NOT try to enter them, they are guarded night and day, so anyone trying to sneak up there will probably not make it out again... another question?" A girl named Pansy was raising her hand.

"Who's Ranma's roommate?"

Akane blushed along with Ranma. "NO MORE QUESTIONS!" Snickering was heard among some of the students. "From now on, no more first names. I am your teacher, so you will call me Ms. Tendo. Same goes with everyone else." Suddenly she clenched her fists, as she stared at one more raised hand. In a forced nice voice she loudly said. "What... is... your... question!!!"

"Shouldn't it be "Mrs. Tendo?" I mean, you are married, aren't you and Ranma?"

Akane flushed red, then got out her mallet, and jumped over to where the raised hand was standing."Now I remember why I wanted this University. People keep saying I'm married. NOW YOU DIEEEEE!!!" Ranma was looking ashamedly down at the ground while Akane pushed her way through the crowd. "Who asked that question? You're dead!" She pressed through until she came to the spot where the soon to be dead questioner stood. Akane dropped the mallet in surprise, then furiously barked "What do you think you're doing, dad? You too, Mr. Saotome!"

Mr. Tendo and Saotome were standing there, laughing. "Almost caught you there, Mrs. Tendo!"

"Shut up! You know good and well we're not married, and will you stop trying to force me into it! Now leave! You don't belong here, there are no fanfics hurting your image!"

Several voices in the crowd disagreed. "What about that one where he does Nodoka?" "Or that lemon where he and Kasumi are..." "I remember the one where Mr. Tendo and Saotome 'more than training partners' together... "

"Ok, I stand corrected. Leave. Now." Akane jumped back over to the podium. "Oh yes, one more thing. You can't write any fanfiction about any of us" she motioned to the five (Not counting Ranma, who was holding his head in embarrassment in a corner) "or any of Rumiko Takahashi's manga till you graduate. Anyone who does will... suffer." All those present smiled very evilly, while the students wondered in fear what the consequences were.

"Go to your dorms now. Go straight there, we don't want you getting lost." Miroku instructed the students, as they all clamored up the stairs to the dorms.

*****

Cait flopped down on her bed. Boy, was she tired. But that was the most interesting school assembly she had ever seen. What a good question- which side of the dorms would Ranma sleep on? She was so busy pondering, Cait hardly noticed the door opening. She sat straight up, hearing it slam behind itself. "Hello...?" she said uncertainly, not seeing anyone in the room. She heard something scratching on the ceiling, Cait investigated the noise by standing up on a chair. "Eeek! A squirrel!!" Cait banged the squirrel away with her arm. She noticed it was acting funny though, despite just having been tossed down, it seemed to be... writing in the carpet? Cait bended down, reading "Hot water please" Puzzled with what a squirrel in her dorm would want with hot water, she got up to get some, grabbing a plastic cup from on top of her dresser.

After filling it with hot water in the bathroom, Cait returned to find the squirrel lying down on the other bed. She tried to talk to it, wondering if it could understand what she was saying. "Um... hi... why do you want this--" The squirrel grabbed the cup, but dropped it on accident. Cait stepped back in astonishment. Where the squirrel had been lying, now sat a girl with bright yellow hair and a frown on her face. She grabbed a towel and wrapped it around herself. Cait stared at her. "You... you..."

She then smiled at Cait. "Hi. I'm Pia." She stuck out her hand. "Guess I'm your roommate." She looked strangely at Cait when she didn't shake her hand. "Oh, are you still freaked out about the squirrel? I put 'Jusenkyo cursed: Rabid squirrel' on my form just for fun. I didn't know it would really happen. Kinda strange, it's been happening all day. It's really hard to find hot water when you're a squirrel, I guess I freaked out a couple people in the bathroom a couple hours ago, until someone splashed me at the water fountain..." she kept on talking and talking, while Cait started wondering what it would be like living with a Girl/Rabid squirrel as her roommate.

With all this commotion and excitement, at least she knew she wouldn't be bored at this University.

Next chapter: Cait goes to her first class at OFURT!

*****

Remember, if you want to be in this, don't email me (I changed it) review and put your name. I won't put you in if you don't tell me what you think of my story!

And any ideas for classes would be good, I've gotten some funny ones so far, and more would be good!