InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Urusei Yatsura Fan Fiction ❯ The Official Fanfiction University of Rumiko Takahashi! ❯ New friends and classes ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

OFURT chapter 3



Sorry for the wait between updates! I just had my birthday, and all my friends came to sleep over, it was fun. But I didn't get to write last weekend because of it. I don't get much time to write, because of school in the week. The weekend is my main time to write, so don't expect daily updates or anything.

....And if you want to be in it, describe yourself! And what kind of pairings you favor! I can't guarantee you a big part, it really depends on how many people ask for it. I only got two requests for this chapter, so they're both significant roles, but if 10 people ask, they will probably be smaller. Detail in your description is nice, but not _too_ detailed.

...And please sign your review, or at least give me your email, in case I want to get back to you on something! Please?

...And I'm posting this on Mediaminer.org too, under the username Meowm_ so if you would like to go there, it's a great site. The best part is you can have titles and descriptions really long, (FF.net's are too short), and NC-17s are accepted, and you can feature fics, and there's fan art too, and... *notices FF.net people approaching with meanie looks on their faces* Not that FF.net should, I mean, it's great too, but Mediaminer gives you so much more freedom! The only drawback is... lack of visitors. Spread the word!

It's kind of annoying that I have to do _this_ to emphasize a word, but it's only because FF.net neutralizes bold and italics and underlining. :(

... And on with the story!

*****

Cait was hurrying to her next class. She was already late because Pia had gotten splashed with water during breakfast, so Cait had to go get some hot water and find where the rabid squirrel Poia was hiding to avoid getting stepped on. She eventually found her under a table, clinging onto one of the seats. Then Cait had to get some clothes for her, and carry her up to their room. That was why she was late.

She quickly glanced at her schedule. "Day one, period one. 9:15 'In Character or Out of Character' Room 318." It was already 9:20. She rushed up the stairs to the third floor, and rushed to room 318. She peeked in. The class had already started.

Cait walked nervously to an empty seat in the back of the classroom, while half the class had turned around to look at her. She sat down quickly and put her books down. The teacher turned around. Cait stared at the teacher's purple robes and staff. "Why are you late um... what's your name? You have interrupted my class!" Miroku glared at her.

Cait realized that was a question. "Cait Wilson, sorry. My roommate is cursed and I had to get..."

Miroku dismissed it with a wave. "Forget it. Just be on time from now on. Get out your notebook, and pay attention to my lecture! This is your first class." Cait noticed everyone had started taking notes already, so she got her notebook out. "...and although I am only a substitute, there WILL be a test on this later."

Cait glanced over to the person next to her. "Could I borrow your notes for the part I missed?" she asked quietly.

The girl next to her smiled, and nodded. "Sure, I'll make a copy later and give it to you."

Cait stared at her for a second. Her black hair was back in a pony tail, and it had a blue streak in it. Her skin was very pale, but what really got Cait's attention was her webbed hands. Looking down at her feet, her guess was that her feet were the same. Cait wondered out loud. "What's with the hands?" before realized the girl was listening. She clapped her hands over her mouth, and apologized embarrassedly "I'm sorry... I wasn't thinking..." Her face was flushed red, but the girl next to her just smiled.

"That's all right, everyone asks that. My Name is Ivy, but you can call my Kisa." She straightened her ponytail. "I put down Witch/Nereid on my application, and, well, I'm like this." She held up her hand.

"Wow!" Cait marveled. "You're not angry? I mean, I thought you would be angry if I asked, but no, you totally fine! That's neat!"

Kisa smiled calmly again. "I'm taking anger management counseling. I have been since 39 people asked me in one hour. 39... in one hour! I think there still might be something left of that train car... I hope so." Cait inched away. What else could a girl with a temper like that do? Kisa continued. "Inuyasha's in my counseling class though. That makes anything worth while. I keep trying to get him to admit his love for Kagome, but..." she sighed. "He's almost as stubborn as I am, especially about her. He is such a wimp! Why can't he just tell her that..." Kisa was interrupted by a hand on her shoulder.

"Can you continue your conversation sometime outside my class?" Miroku frowned down at the two of them.

Cait apologized, realizing she hadn't taken notes, but noticed Miroku wasn't listening. Instead, he was busy groping Kisa's chest. She was looking redder and madder each second.

*WHACK* *WHACK* *WHACK* "Screw anger counseling!" Kisa stomped on Miroku's head several times, then slapped him, and malleted him, and then whacked him several more times. "No wonder you don't have any fangirls!" she yelled. Then Kisa sat calmly back in her seat. She noticed everyone in the class was staring at her. "Sometimes I have relapses." she pointed out, as though it was obvious.

Miroku got back up, adjusted his robes, and tried to make himself as presentable as one could be, covered in hand and foot prints. "Now let's return to my lecture, class." Pointing to Kisa, he said sternly "Meet me after class. We'll talk."

Kisa glared at the voyeur teacher. "You'd better not be planning anything else, are you?"

"How dare you accuse me of something like that. Detention."

Kisa was taken aback as she gaped at Miroku, then suddenly exploded. "You can't give me a detention!! I have contacts! I have connections!! I'll... ooooohh!" She was about to whack Miroku again, until Cait grabbed her arm.

"Settle down, or he'll get you in more trouble!" They both noted Miroku had already filled out one detention slip, and had another in hand.

"No more trouble from any of you, or I'll break the no-hurting-students rule." Miroku picked up his notes, and prepared to start speaking again.

"Since apparently no one was listening, I will have to start from the beginning. This class is to teach you about keeping your characters in character when you write a story. This is not my official class, I am just your substitute. Your real teacher will teach as soon as possible, but until then, it's me." He gave all the girls a dirty grin, as they cringed.

"The purpose of this class is... oh wait already said that..." Miroku thumbed through his notes, while the class watched. He stared at a page, then started to draw a diagram on the white board behind him. "This" he said loudly, pointing to a badly drawn picture of Kagome. "is your character. Now say you're going to have your character, Kagome, fall in love with someone, let's see, who should we have it be?" He pondered for several seconds, while some students were whispering between themselves. Miroku leaned toward a group who were saying something about Kagome secretly liking Inuyasha, and he snorted. "Come on, think of something original, class. Everyone knows they have a thing for each other, but we're looking for something improbable to use in this example. How about... Sessho-maru! Now that is a perfect example of someone Kagome would never fall in love with. Now let's say Kagome is..." he paused, staring at the group of students he had just listened to. "What's the problem, here?"

One reluctantly spoke up. "I thought you wanted something unrealistic?"

Miroku cleared his throat. "Yes. That is. Why?"

"Well... that's not very improbable."

Miroku scowled at the kid. "What _is_ probable about it, then?"

The kid, feeling braver, spoke up again. "Well, everyone knows Kagome likes a guy that is cold-hearted, ruthless, and totally anti-social. She thinks he's hunky, so she lusts him from afar. Didn't you ever notice how she gets whenever he's around?"

Miroku was getting infinitely more irritated by the second. When the PO'd mark on his forehead looked like it was about to explode, he calmly coughed, and looked down peacefully at the kid, who was inching backwards. "No. That's not it. Sessho-maru is anti-social and does not like Kagome like that." He smiled a very sickeningly forced smile at him. "Anyone who has ever seen or been near him can realize that."

A couple girls sighed romantically. "You mean he's here?" one excitedly piped up.

Miroku gaped at their excitement. "And you're happy about that? You should be scared. A bunch of girls tried to get him to go out with them yesterday..." he paused, trying to remember what had happened. "I... _think_ their body parts are all intact now, but there was that one whose head was... anyway, don't mess with him. He is having a very inamicable streak, and is more upset than most of us at being dragged into teaching at this University, but he _was_ pretty upset when he found out the number of Sessho-maru/Kagome fics there were floating about. He almost blew up the faculty lounge after reading 'Sessho-chan' for the hundredth time. I hope you don't have his class anytime soon... he's still pretty peeved that people think he has a soft side... of course, no one here thinks that right?" He looked optimistically at the students' despondent faces. Realizing they did, Miroku decided they better just keep going with the lesson.

"Now, let's say this happened right after Inuyasha uses the Wind scar against Sessho-maru. He's lying in the forest, really weak, right?" Some of the students nodded, the others kept writing in their notes. "Let's say Kagome just _happens_ to wander upon him. I have a good idea." He grinned evilly. "Let's reenact this! John, you can pretend to be Sessho-maru, Ms. Wilson, you can be Kagome. Come on up, now!"

Cait realized she was being called, and got up hastily. A boy across the room got up too. Cait subconsciously wondered what _he_ had put down for species, but dropped it. She'd ask later.

Miroku smiled evilly again. "Now John, you pretend to be hurt. Lie down." John nodded, then did a dramatic pose, feigning a faint (tee hee... feigning a faint ^.^) onto the ground. The mood was broken, though, when his head cracked against the hard floor covered by a thin carpet. He propped himself up and massaged his head. Miroku sighed. "Good enough. Now, Ms. Wilson, pretend you are Kagome, and you accidentally stumble upon John (who is Sessho-maru) in the woods."

Cait slowly walked over to John, who was doing a very fake grimace of pain, and nervously said "I would get away as fast as I could. If I'm Kagome, Sessho-maru has tried to kill me several times, and I wouldn't try to get close to him, let alone take pity on him!" She took a couple of steps back, hoping she had gotten the right answer.

Miroku nodded. "Good. You may sit down now." While Cait and John returned to their seats, Miroku continued to write on the board more about staying in character. After he was done, he looked at the clock on the wall, and said "You only have five minutes left, so I'll give you your homework."

Miroku smiled wickedly once more, as he wrote down their lengthy homework assignments, which covered several of the chalk boards. Several students groaned, others moaned, and the rest whacked their heads with their weighty textbook "In or out of Character? A guide to OOC"

Suddenly, something hit Miroku in the back of the head. He crumpled to the ground, while the rest of the class cringed at the old man who had just head-butted him.

"Cherry..." a couple cringed.

The old man frowned at them over Miroku's still body. A note was pinned to his head. Some students in the front row bent forward to read it. "1) Substitute teachers may not assign homework. 2) Substitute teachers may not assign detentions. 3) No molesting students. Three strikes, you're out, Miroku!"

"I can't believe the only thing I'm good for around here is carrying notes to inept teachers." He picked up Miroku, and put him onto a large cart out in the hall, full of motionless bodies. "The hospital wing is going to have a lot of work to do with all these teachers. Poor Tofu-sensei... what am I thinking... poor students!" He shook his head sadly. "More than half the teachers have proved themselves unworthy of their jobs today!" he said, addressing the class. "And I think Miroku was really trying... on second thought...." Cherry looked at the homework assignment on the board. "Maybe he wasn't. You'll get someone else next time, don't worry though." He wheeled the loaded cart out of the room, humming softly.

The class, speechless, got their books silently and sneaked out of class early. Once they were safely out in the hall, Cait went up to John, still intent on asking her question. "Hey, John, what did you put down for your species?"

John said "Well, it's kind of silly... I put Martial Artist/Martial Artist Chaos Control."

"What?"

"It means I can attack like a regular Martial artist, but..." he paused.

"Yeah?" Cait was interested.

"I really... can't tell what they'll do." He blushed. "Once, I started involuntarily doing poses, and accidently poured water on the person sitting next to me!"

Cait was really starting to regret not putting down "Jusenkyo cursed-please specify" under species. It seemed she was practically the only normal one around here.

Peering at her schedule, she scanned it to see what other classes she had today. After a couple strange sounding ones, like "Wilderness Orienteering-Ryoga" and "Archery-Kikyo, Kagome" she stopped short at the sight of her second afternoon class.

"No..." she gasped to herself. "That... that can't be allowed!!"

Several students around her were looking grim too. Pia, seeing Cait with her schedule, came up to her and whispered "Do you have that too?" Cait nodded. Pia sighed. "Might as well make the best of it. Seems it's not a joke." She went off to get her books, and Cait jumped out of her dazed state.

"Lingerie modeling-Happosai *girls only)

Sorry, for lack of updates, I'll try harder!

And Cait's day-1 schedule goes like this:

Day 1:

Period 1: 9:15-10:15 "In Character or Out of Character?" (Teacher Not Present)

Period 2: 10:30-11:30 "Wilderness Orienteering" Ryoga Hibiki

Lunch: 11:30-12:30

Period 3: 12:45-1:45 "Archery" Kikyo, Kagome

Period 4: 2:00-3:00 "Lingerie Modeling" Happosai *girls only

Wanna see what happens to Cait during the rest of her first day? Read on!