InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Chance Encounter ❯ encounter 3 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I apologize early for such a long wait and for it to be so short but i am having a hard time concentrating on this story. I had more to it but I couldn't get it to fit in right.

Well it seems most people want it to be a Ranma/Kagome pairing. I am not telling who this ends up as, you'll just have to read and see. but if it turns out that it is not who you wanted it to be, remember there is another crossover stuck in my brain.

And i now have a Beta. My thanks to Blaze Tiger for beta-ing and putting up with the long wait.

on mm.org

Ranma/Kag:3

Inu/Kag:0

1 undecided



Kagome sighed as she left school, leaving her friends behind on cleaning duty. It seemed as if every time she came back, school got harder and harder. She kicked a rock on the sidewalk. What did she need algebra for in life anyways? Maybe she could recite her lessons to the demons in the Feudal Era so she could bore them to death instead of wasting her arrows. So consumed was she in her own thoughts, she didn't even notice the sounds of a fight until she was right in the middle of the fight.

"Ha, Ranma, take that," shouted an unfamiliar male voice.

"Hmm?" Kagome looked towards the source of the voice only to see an object coming at her.

Her attention seemed to narrow down to the piece of metal flying at her head, and as it was about to hit her; she was knocked to the ground by something heavy landing on top of her.

"Hey are you...You!? What are you doing here? Are you stalking me or something? The last thing I need is another stalker." Stated a vaguely familiar voice.

"Ow Ow Ow." Kagome's hand went to her lower back, certain she now had some more scrapes to show for her inattention. What? Her head came up fast at the words, as she had recognized the voice of the person speaking as the rude boy from the park.

"Stalking? I'll have you know I go to school right around the corner, over there." She pointed vaguely with one hand as she shoved him off her with the other.

As he fell on his butt, she looked at the guy he was fighting. He was tall, with long black hair, a pair of glasses perched on top of his head, and wearing an unusual Chinese outfit. What was the rude boy doing fighting with him?

"At least I know this time it isn't my fault," she muttered under her breath as she got to her feet, ignoring the boy across from her who was also coming to his feet.

"What's this Ranma? You know this girl?" The longhaired boy was now was peering at Kagome through his glasses.

"You know, she kinda looks like your....” his voice trailed off as the boy, now known as Ranma, yelled and charged at him, throwing punches.

She heard something about chestnuts and decided she was so out of there.

‘Chestnuts?’ she thought to herself, ‘they were fighting over food?’

She heard running footsteps behind her, so she stopped and turned her head to look behind her. Her eyes widened as she saw Ranma closing in on her fast.

What now?

She looked over his shoulder to see another metal object coming her way. She felt arms go around her, and experienced the sensation of herself being bodily moved out of the way.

Her eyes became wider still, as she saw the metal thing crash into the concrete wall, where she had been walking, and crumble under the force of the impact.

No way!

But he is human, isn't he? Maybe he’s a youkai? No, he doesn't have that kind of energy, it was different than most humans, but definitely not youkai. A shard? Nope, there’s no presence of those either. Ranma set her down, actually dropped her, onto one of the benches that lined the street. Letting out a breathless ‘Ooff’, she looked up at him.

"Is he for real? There's no way a normal person can hit that hard." An ‘are-you-kidding?’ look crossed his face. "They can? Why are the two of you fighting over food anyway?"

"Food? We aren't fighting over food!"

By this time, Kagome was ready to wash her hands of him. She knew when he was running at the other boy, he had been yelling something about chestnuts.

"You were the one yelling about food when you attacked him, I didn't just imagine it."

"Why am I even talking to you? You do nothing but cause me trouble." He slashed an arm through the air. "Stay away from me, I don't need the extra fights added to the ones I have now." He turned to go back to his fight with Mousse when he felt the girl grab onto the back of his shirt.

"What?" He snapped at her as he turned back around. Kagome had her head down so that her hair covered her eyes; her shoulders were shaking.

Gulping, his eyes going wide, he took half a step back. "You're not going to start crying are you?" He asked nervously. She didn't answer, but her head shook slowly from one side to the other and her hands clenched into a tighter fist around his red shirt. ‘Aww, man, she is going to cry. Why do they always do this to me?’ He sighed hard and was about to apologize when her head snapped up. Oh yeah, there were tears in her eyes, but tears of rage. He could feel her aura flare up with her rage; an invisible wall of flames that seemed to surround her.

"What is wrong with you? You have some nerve accusing me of getting you into trouble when it looks like you do that just fine on your own," she yelled, pointing at the approaching figure, who was running right for Ranma. "It would serve you right if I held you down so he could beat you up."

Ranma had started cringing slightly when she’d first started yelling, but relaxed a bit when he realized she was yelling at him instead of crying on him. Following the direction she was pointing in, he saw Mousse had followed him over to where he had brought the girl to safety.

"Ranma, don't think you are going to get away that easily. If you have a new fiancé, tell Shampoo that the two of you are off," he was shaking his fist in the air as he yelled.

Ranma snarled, "Tell her it's off? I never wanted it on and she is not my fiancé," he pointed towards Kagome's retreating figure, as she had stomped off halfway though Mousse's rant.

Ranma watched her as she walked away, until he caught a movement in the corner of his eye and the fight was on again.

Kagome left, having no idea that Ranma, she now had a name for him, had even noticed she was gone.

"My fault he gets into fights? Ha, as if. Why do I always have to meet guys like that? About the only good thing about this… this Ranma," she choked the name out, " is that he doesn't need me for anything. It’s always ‘Inuyasha's shard detector; Kouga's woman’, even the Thunder Brothers wanted to use me for hair tonic and/or leverage. Miroku just wants something in a short skirt to look at and I am a shard detector for him as well." She sighed heavily, knowing that she didn't mean any of it, but that boy seemed to bring out the worst in her, for some reason.

I wonder why we keep meeting when we are both obviously trying to avoid each other. Maybe if we see each other again, I will see if we can't sit down for a conversation, instead of fighting and bickering like we do.

Response to my lovely reviwers:

Orochi-Priestess: i think i need to add more details too, i am just too lazy. and where did you see Ranma with blue eyes except when he is in female form. in male form he has purple eyes

amanda01: glad you like it

BDZ Lover: i love Inuyasha too but i can't stand the english version. i can't say anything cause i started out reading Sess/Kag fics. hope i don't disappoint you with this

QueenKagome: again....i can't stand the english version and i can send you the page of a really good online manga if you want.

noel&jenn: glad you liked it. she came and sat on me again and then tried to torture me when i didn't have all she wanted. think i will hide the next chapter from her until i post it

Demon Fox Thief:glad you like it. LOL i could see it so perfect in my mind what would happen when the two of them meet, though i don't think it would be a tie myself. yeah Ukyou can count as a reincarnation. i might get to that part. hmmmm the first movie is alright but the faces look like it was made for widescreen and then stretched so i wasn't happy about that. the second movie is a whole lot better. i am so ready for the third movie to come out

amanda01: here is the next chapter and i did find a beta so don't worry. if you send me your msn name i will add you to my list.

Kage Kitsune: added you to the tally.

Lord Rance:added you to the tally too. i am really fond of the non-cannon match ups too as long as they are kept in character

DBZ Lover: Thanks for the offer. BlazeTiger emailed me very soon after i posted that chapter so i didn't have any problem finding one.