InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ It was a Dark and Cloudless Night... ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I would like to explain before I begin that Genma never does figure out how to use the mirror in this fic. It happens by complete accident.
 
Disclaimer: Neither Ranma nor Inuyasha nor anything related thereto either anime belong to me.
 
A/N: There is quite a bit of swearing, but I don't believe swearing should up my fic to an R rating. If anyone really disagrees, please tell me in a review, and I will raise the rating. I also know the F word is supposed to raise movie ratings to an R, and the word is used once in my fic, but like I said. I believe actions have more force than words, and if my fic get uber violent or sexual, then, I will raise it to R no questions asked.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
"Ranma m'boy, we're going on a training journey!" A large pack got slapped on Ranma's back as he was suddenly hauled off toward the front gate of the Tendo Dojo.
 
"Hey, old man!" Ranma dug his heels into the ground and jumped from his father's grasp. "What's the big idea?! Who'd you piss off this time?"
 
Genma shifted nervously and mumbled something distinctly like "You don't want to know . . ."
 
"What was that?"
 
"Nothing! We're leaving!" Genma once again grabbed Ranma by the back of his pack."
 
"We're not going anywhere till you till me why we're really leaving. What did you do? Who did you steal food from this time?"
 
"Oi." Inuyasha walked up next to Ranma.
 
Ranma watched his father's gaze shift from him to Inuyasha. He let out a very girlish scream and fell flat on his butt. Ranma blinked, `I've never ever seen him react to anything like that before.'
 
Inuyasha stiffen beside him. "It's you!" he growled. He tensed his claws ready to attack.
 
*~*~* Flashback *~*~*
 
A much younger-though still bald-Genma was rummaging through his master's things. In a bush a few feet away Happousai lay sleeping off a night of heavy drinking. Genma was looking for something that might help him train better than that old geezer's running from outraged women was.
 
He came across a mirror. When he glanced at it, he sniffed sadly in the mourning of his already shiny head. He could feel his eyes beginning to water for the loss. `I will become a great master to make up for my lost beloved hair, I need to go to a place where I can train intensely and vigorously.' A tear of determination rolled down his cheek and onto the mirror's reflective surface.
 
The mirror suddenly hummed to life, and he was transported to a time where survival alone required a high level of martial prowess; the Sengoku Jidai.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Genma wandered through the woods, stumbling over thick foliage. He had a wound in his side from a recent battle with a youkai whose territory he had accidentally tread upon. He was tired. He was in pain. More than anything, he would give his right arm for something to eat.
 
As he walked, the scent of freshly done meat reached his nostrils. He followed the scent until he came to a small grove with a spring running through it. In the middle of the clearing sat a small white haired boy in a red hakama, contentedly eating his kill. Genma grinned. Food! He put on his best feed-me-I'm-starving face and dramatically stumbled into the clearing.
 
The little boy watched him approach with great caution, clutching his meal close to his chest.
 
"Please dear boy . . . Just a scrap of your meal?" Genma gave himself a mental pat on the back for his excellent acting.
 
The boy looked at Genma very closely, then tore off a small chunk of his meat, and held it out to him. Genma greatfully accepted the meat and sat down on the grass a few feet away from him. The silence brought around by eating weighed heavily on the two until.
 
"Ahh!!! It's a big hungry youkai!" Genma yelped.
 
The boy whirled around to defend himself, to find nothing but trees.
 
That was all the time he needed, he grabbed the rest of Inuyasha's meat and fled into the trees.
 
*~*~* End Flashback *~*~*
 
"Teme!" Inuyasha lunged at Genma.
 
Genma scrambled backwards and ran into the dining room. By the time Inuyasha made it into the room all he saw was a large panda rolling around on his back, playing with a rubber tire.
 
"A panda?" Inuyasha sounded completely baffled. He turned to Ranma. "Oi, where'd the old man go? And why is there a panda in your house?"
 
[Boy if you tell him I'll make sure you regret it!!] A sign popped over Inuyasha's shoulder. The panda punctuated his statement with some very desperate "growr rooowar!!!" behind Inuyasha's back.
 
Ranma was at a dilemma. Make his dad suffer-always fun-or lie to Inuyasha and risk him finding out and having himself suffer.
 
His father picked up his hesitance and spun his sign around to reveal a very detailed skull and crossbones.
 
Ranma heaved a sigh, `old man you're going to owe me later.' "I don't know where he went, and that's . . ." Ranma pointed to the panda. "Umm, Kasumi's pet!"
 
Inuyasha remembered Kasumi from the night they arrived. `Damn, that's a nice pelt he's got too.'
 
Genma cringed at the predatory look Inuyasha was giving him and decided to elegantly waddle out of the room clutching his tire between his paws.
 
"Keh, just wait 'til I find that jiji." Inuyasha muttered cracking his knuckles annoyed that he lost Genma. Even his smell stopped in this room.
 
"Yeah. . ." Ranma sweatdropped. <Jeez pop, what did you do now?> "So what exactly did that guy do to you?" Ranma chose that guy over 'pop' deciding it'd be best to reveal his blood ties to his father later. To this Inuyasha snorted and slowly told Ranma the whole story.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
"Hey Kagome." Akane looked at her new friend and got a great idea.
 
"Hn?"
 
"Want to help me cook dinner for everyone?"
 
"Oh, I'd love to!"
 
"Great!" Akane rubbed her hands together in anticipation.
 
"Alright, lets go."
 
The girls headed to the kitchen to make dinner.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Ranma and Inuyasha sat lazily out on the back porch looking very bored. Ranma fidgeted, Inuyasha drummed on his katana, handling it agitatedly. Ranma fidgeted some more. There was a long pause, and then they both sighed in unison. They had promised the girls they wouldn't fight.
 
"Ranma! Prepare to die!" Ryouga leaped over the fence and directly into an attack at Ranma. Inuyasha jumped up.
 
Ranma leaped 5 feet into the air from where he was sitting and flipped behind Ryouga. Ranma grinned, at least this would keep him from breaking his promise to Akane. . . well, sorta.
 
"Hiya Ryouga! We were beginning to wonder if you managed to get really lost with how long you were gone. Where'd you go this time? Hokkaido? Okinawa? Kyoto?" Ranma went on, watching Ryouga rise on a slow boil.
 
"Shut up Ranma!" Ryouga launched at him. Ranma danced around his punches. "Jeez I just asked a question, P-chan." He put emphasis on the name. He suddenly changed stances and put Ryouga on the defensive, punching and kicking keeping speed a key, since Ryouga relied so heavily on power.
 
Ryouga let out a sound of annoyance and pulled out his umbrella and started going for the long distance attacks where it would be easier to focus on attacking and not on defense. His aura flared a little when Ranma insulted him.
 
The umbrella perked Inuyasha's interest even more. `I remember that umbrella.' Well more specifically he remembered it being embedded into his skull. He watched Ryouga fight with it, he let it fly at Ranma like a buzz saw through the air and it turned direction in the air perfectly back into his hand.
 
Ranma flipped out of the way but the umbrella still managed to graze his shirt. "Hey! This is one of my favorite shirts!" He dove in and attacked Ryouga.
 
"Quit sounding like such a girl, Ranma!" Ryouga taunted, parrying Ranma's attacks with his umbrella.
 
Inuyasha smirked. `For humans,' He thought. `These guys aren't half bad.' He got up and slowly started walking towards them, the fighting duo completely oblivious to his movements.
 
Ryouga leaped back and spun his umbrella back at Ranma, grounding himself for the force of it's return, but almost stumbled when the anticipated weight didn't come back. Suddenly a boy with long white hair jumped into the fight and caught the umbrella one handed. And began tossing it up and down, testing out its weight. `Damn, this is heavier than I thought. Humans shouldn't be that strong, wonder if he has a shikon shard?' He tossed it back at Ryouga perfectly mimicking his attack, Ryouga had to leap back and then catch it to avoid having his head taken off.
 
Ryouga's already shock round eyes bugged rounder when he had to dodge his own trademark attack. "What are you?! That took me years to master perfectly!" He landed, completely ignoring Ranma now.
 
Inuyasha snorted. "Maybe you're just a slow learner."
 
Ryouga fumed, already pumped with adrenaline from fighting Ranma, he lunged at Inuyasha.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Enter the two girls, happy as can be talking about dinner, onto the back porch.
 
Kagome sees Inuyasha fighting Ryouga, instantly fuming `He broke his promise!'
 
"Osuwari!!"
 
Thud.
 
"Bitch!"
 
As happened before when Ranma fought Inuyasha, Ryouga who was in the process of throwing a punch lost his balance and tumbled over him.
 
"Oh Ryouga! What are you doing here?" Akane ran over to help him up.
 
"Oh, h-hi Akane!" A light blush crossed his face. "Here! I brought you something!" Rummaging in his pack and produces two wrapped boxes.
 
"Oh Ryouga how thoughtful of you." Akane accepted the packages, then paused as if remembering. "Why were you fighting with Inuyasha?"
 
Ryouga pauses "Umm. . ." `Oh no, what can I say and not anger Akane?'
 
Ranma, who has been completely ignored thus far, and definitely does not like to be ignored, jumps between Akane and Ryouga. "Maybe he just has a thing against dogs."
 
Behind them, where Inuyasha and Kagome stood arguing about the "loophole" Inuyasha had found in his promise, his ear twitched in annoyance.
 
"Oi, Hime, for all I know he came here because of something you did to piss him off." He sneered back at Ranma.
 
"Inuyasha, osuwari! Stop insulting our hosts!"
 
Thud.
 
"Damn it you bitch will you cut that the fuck out?!"
 
"Osuwari!!!"
 
Thud.
 
"Damn it!"
 
The arguing trio that was Ranma Akane and Ryouga just stared at the ground embedded dog demon with sweatdrops on their heads. The silence drawled on until it clicked with Akane what Inuyasha said.
 
"Ranma! What did you do to poor Ryouga!" She put her hands on her hips in anger.
 
"Wait a minute Akane I didn't do anything to P-chan!" He held his hands up in a peace making gesture.
 
"P-chan? Where?!" Akane looked around the conversation momentarily forgotten.
 
"Ranma!!!" A vein in Ryouga's forehead twitched.
 
"Who's P-chan?" Kagome asked, trying to calm down an explosive situation between the three.
 
"He's right he-" Ranma began.
 
"He's my pet pig." Akane explained, ignoring and cutting off Ranma.
 
"Oh, I see." Kagome looked thoughtful for a moment, looked from Ranma to Ryouga, then back to Ranma. "And where is he now?" She watched for Ryouga's reaction out of the corner of her eye.
 
Ryouga began to panic but tried to look calm, and failed miserably.
 
"Oh, well, he disappears for long periods of time. I don't know where he goes." Akane explained.
 
"He gets lost really easy." Ranma offered.
 
"Don't make fun of P-chan!" Akane yelled.
 
Kagome hid a smile, and made a mental note to test her theory out later. She'd heard about Ranma's curse, and Ranma's exact quote "Yea, a lot of people around here have that sort of curse."
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Phew! Wow, I had no idea how easy it was to let the arguing go on and on and on. . . There's no easy stopping point! I'm glad Kagome can osuwari Inuyasha, that's a nice way to stop a fight.
 
You better review or no cookie for you!!
 
Yay revising!