InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ It was a Dark and Cloudless Night... ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey everyone, I had this great thing at the beginning of this chapter talking about me and how busy I am (gee no one's self centered here, are we?) but I was dumb enough to close word w/o saving, so you get spared my empty complaints this time.
 
*Hwooooooooooo*
 
*coughs* and finally we are beginning to see some semblance of a plot!
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Inuyasha or Ranma 1/2
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
"Hey, hey! Get offa me!" Ranma struggled weakly to get Shampoo un-glomped.
 
"Airen is happy to see Shampoo, yes?"
 
Akane tensed up from where she sat between Ranma and Kagome.
 
`This must be one of Ranma's other fiancées.' Kagome sat back and watched to see how this would turn out, deciding for now it was best to stay out of this messy affair.
 
Ranma still half-heartedly struggled against the Amazon in his lap. She smiled mischievously at him and pulled out a jeweled bottle from her hair. She yanked the cork out with her teeth and spit the cork out at Akane, who caught it an inch in front of her face in a tightly clenched fist.
 
Shampoo was about to pour the contents on Ranma when he was promptly ripped from her grip by Akane's fist on Ranma's ponytail. Causing Shampoo to make a solid thump when she hit the floor where Ranma had been a moment ago.
 
Trying to look dignified from her spot on the ground, she smirked with an air of superiority.
 
"Violent girl jealous of Shampoo? You give Airen back to Shampoo!" The purple haired Amazon stood and fell into an easy stance ready to take out the biggest obstacle between herself and her soon to be husband.
 
"I am NOT jealous, and I am NOT giving him to you!" Akane was livid.
 
Shampoo jumped onto the table and solidly put her foot through the only meal Akane had made by herself; the riceballs.
 
Akane's eyes widened as she stared not at the Amazon herself, but the food she had just ruined.
 
Shampoo looked down and turned apologetically to Kasumi. "I sorry, Shampoo no mean to step in meal you make."
 
"Oh, it was Akane and Kagome that made it, and apology accepted, I'll just go and order take out." Kasumi smiled and headed for the entryway where the telephone was.
 
"Akane cook?" Shampoo looked shocked, then jumped to Ranma's rescue. "You eat violent girl's cooking? You ok?" She gingerly felt his forehead. "I take you to Cat Café and we eat good food. And after we go on date, yes?"
 
"Uhh, that's ok, really. . ." Ranma held up his hands defensively from his position on the floor where Akane still had his pigtail hostage.
 
Akane growled angrily. "You've ruined our dinner so why don't you GET LOST!!" With a sudden flash of motion there was a Shampoo shaped hole in the roof, and a very loud "AIYAAAAAA!!!" Trailing off in the distance.
 
Where Shampoo had stood a moment ago, Akane was clutching a large mallet in her grips, her shoulders shaking. She turned her gaze blankly from the hole her rival had just made upon her abrupt exit to the table. "My dinner." She sniffed.
 
"Well I guess I'll go call the contractors, those holes should be patched up by morning." Nabiki stood with a sigh, waving her leave.
 
Inuyasha and Kagome just stared in a silent kind of awe.
 
Inuyasha grunted. `That purple haired bitch is disturbingly similar to that wimpy wolf Kouga. . . Just can't take a fucking hint.'
 
Kagome sighed. `Poor Akane, she has to put up with that all the time and she really does care about Ranma.' She was brought out of her thoughts by the conversation those very two were having at the moment.
 
"Come on Akane, you can cook again another night, and Kagome'll help you. Right?" He turned to look at Kagome for conformation.
 
"Uhm, how long do you expect us to be staying here?" Kagome asked uncertainly.
 
Her only answer was a blank stare and a shrug.
 
Ranma turned back to Akane and got down on his haunches in front of the distraught girl. "Hey, come on, your cooking was almost edible when Kagome helped, and that's pretty good for an uncute tomboy like you."
 
Kagome's eyes widened in disbelief. `Whatever he gets it'll be what's coming to him.'
 
Akane's head snapped up, hurt and anger in her eyes. "Ranma no baka!!" She stood up and brought a mallet down on his head from behind her back, flattening him to the floor.
 
"Wow, that's almost as effective as a 'sit.'" She murmured appreciatively. Next to her Inuyasha who was harmlessly eating his meal face vaulted and got up close and personal with his miso soup.
 
*Sploosh*
 
"What the fuck?!"
 
"Oh, Inuyasha! I'm sorry, it just kinda slipped." She patted him on the back of the head apologetically.
 
"Damn wench don't you even know what the fuck comes out of your own mouth?!" He waited for the spell to wear off. When it did his face was dripping with soup. His ears were soaked and flattened down in annoyance. Kagome couldn't help but giggle.
 
He narrowed his eyes at her and frowned. "Keh!"
 
No one noticed the hanyou hide the small bottle Shampoo dropped in his robes.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kagome sat in the Tendo's back lawn against a tree trunk after dinner. She looked up at the dog demon perched on the branch above her. Inuyasha was tense, a low growl rumbled in the back of his throat. Needless to say, he was one unhappy hanyou.
 
"Damn it wench, did you forget why we came here in the first place?" He growled angrily, he wanted to get the stupid shard and go home. Granted he liked the free fighting these humans seemed to practice daily, but damn it, they had a job to do! He realized Kagome hadn't answered through his musings. "Well?"
 
"No, I didn't forget." She sighed. She could never admit to Inuyasha, but she was enjoying this makeshift break. And the uninterrupted time with Inuyasha, she blushed slightly at that thought.
 
While Inuyasha couldn't see her blushing cheeks from where he sat above her, he did hear her pulse increase. He raised an eyebrow at this. `What if she doesn't want to leave because some human boy here is trying to claim her?' His ears flattened dangerously at that thought. She had been asking about that Ryouga boy a lot lately.
 
Kagome was getting more and more nervous the longer the silence drew out. She was about to call out to him when suddenly he himself dropped down directly in front of her on his haunches. She yelped in surprise, Inuyasha was practically nose to nose with her. They were kissably close, Kagome gulped. Her gaze flickered from his golden eyes down to his lips and back to meet his gaze.
 
`Her pulse jumped again.' "Keh, what are you thinking about, wench?"
 
"I-I. . . Um. . . That is. . ." Kagome blushed, it wasn't like her to stutter like this.
 
`I bet it's about that boy.' A surge of irrational jealousy washed through him.
 
Kagome watched his ears flick back and forth as they often did when he was angry. "Um, Inuyasha?"
 
"You better not go flirting with that Ryouga boy, bitch." He growled, his voice low and dangerous.
 
"F-flirting?" Kagome's eyes widened in shock.
 
"Why not?" He snorted oh-so eloquently, "you do it with that wimpy wolf, why not him as well?"
 
Kagome's brow twitched, a vein popping out on her forehead. "Inuyasha, osuwari!"
 
Granted she hadn't taken his closeness into consideration, which caused him to facevault squarely into her lap.
 
"Oof!" The force of Inuyasha's head and chest slamming into her legs and abdomen knocked most of the air out of her. "Ack, you pervert, get off of me!" The blush that disappeared in her anger came back full force.
 
Inuyasha smirked when her heart sped up, this time knowing exactly why it leaped like it did. "I'd love to, but I'm kinda stuck here until the spell wears off."
 
"What if someone sees us like this?" She whispered.
 
"You should have thought of that before you decided to sit me, bitch."
 
Kagome fumed, trying to focus her mind on her anger at Inuyasha in her lap, other than other things she was feeling at the moment.
 
As the spell wore off, Inuyasha hoisted himself off the ground, bringing him nose to nose with Kagome.
 
“You are not allowed to flirt with anyone, do you understand?”
 
Kagome could feel the breath of his words roll across her lips, and her mouth went dry.
 
To Kagome, the air around her seemed to change, almost as though the edges of her vision grew fuzzy but she didn't pay attention to it. It felt warmer out, she felt a trickle of sweat run down her spine making her shudder.
 
There was an unreadable expression on Inuyasha's face, if possible he leaned closer to her without making contact. She swallowed audibly as Inuyasha brought a clawed hand up to caress her cheek. "You know, I'm sorry for the jerk I've been."
 
<N-n-nani? What's the matter with him? He never appologizes.> The roundness of her eyes from shock could give saucers a run for their money.
 
Inuyasha frowned, he trailed a claw along Kagome's jaw line. "What's the matter?" He questioned, his voice low and soothing. She shuddered under that touch, but then jerked back (though 'back' wasn't very far considering she was already leaning against a tree). "Inuyasha, what are you doing?!" `This isn't how he should be acting.' Her heart swelled with pain. `He would never act like this!' She pressed her eyes shut tightly.
 
"What does it look like I'm doing, wench?" Inuyasha answered from the porch, looking slightly confused.
 
"N-nothing." Kagome blinked. `How did he get over there? There's no way he could've gotten from me to the porch that fast, even with his speed.'
 
"Keh, stupid bitch. . ." He went inside mumbling about stupid bitches and their oddities.
 
Kagome just sat there against the tree, had that really happened? She must have been imagining things, but his hand felt so real. She sighed hopelessly at the memory, true or not. She stood up and had to support herself on the tree, she felt woozy and strangely drained.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Somewhere across Nerima a voice cackled. "Such energy! These poor fools will be so simple!" A well-manicured hand stroked a dark purple rose encased in a glass ball.