InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Lost in the Sengoku Jidai?! ❯ Summer Break Begins ^_^ ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Truthfully, this wasn't going to happen. 'A Youkai in Furinkan?!' was a long story and it was going to remain as it was. Finished. And it is a finished story. There's no more to it. But my little brother gave this great idea (you know what happens to me whenever I get a good idea :P KK-chan baka). So Kaoru Kagome strikes again with probably another long fan fiction (probably another 15 bloody chapters)… and it just happens to be another Ranma ½ and Inuyasha crossover. Tee hee… Gomen, minna. Now, just so you are all aware, this isn't a continuation of 'A Youkai in Furinkan?!' (no 'Youkai in Furinkan Part 2) but it does take off where my story left off. With a promise between Ranma and Inuyasha that they would see each other again and settle the score… ^______^ …ahem, please ignore my mischievous smiling face. <grin> Okay! I think I'm scaring you all away now, and I really don't want to do that. I hope you guys like this Ranma ½ and Inuyasha crossover that I've come up with, because, I for one, really like the idea. Let's just hope I can pull it off, ne? ^_^ Kaoru Kagome begins to pray and hopes that all her fans don't kill her. Ja, minna!]

Lost in the Sengoku Jidai!

A Ranma ½ & Inuyasha Crossover

Chapter I: Summer Break Begins ^_^

Akane sighed as she watched the people leaving the train station. What was taking Ranma so long? All he had to do was get the bags! She shook her head, but couldn't help smiling. Last semester break Kagome had come to visit her in the Nerima prefecture and Inuyasha had followed her, creating all kinds of havoc around town. Those were great memories, especially since she hadn't seen her friend in ages.

School just ended for summer break and Akane had decided to surprise her friend. This time, she would come and visit Kagome.

Akane looked around for Ranma but still didn't see him. She sighed. He had insisted on coming to 'make sure she didn't get into any trouble'. But she knew his real reason. He was hoping to have that fight with Inuyasha. He didn't know that Inuyasha wasn't even from this time. If he wanted a fight, he would have to do it in the past, because Akane knew Kagome wouldn't stand for one at her house or her city. After all, people would notice more here if Ranma and Inuyasha fought than back at Nerima. This was Tokyo.

But then again, probably stranger things than a teenage boy and a hanyou having it out on the streets have happened here.

"Dammit, Akane!"

Akane looked up and saw Ranma grumbling as he carried the bags. He dumped the largest one in front of her. She blinked and lifted an eyebrow at him.

"What are you doing, Ranma?"

"What the hell is in that thing?!" he bellowed as he approached her. "That thing weighs a ton! I know you don't have clothes in there! You didn't take that much! I watched you pack!"

Akane shrugged. "Actually, I think this is the bag I put all the presents for Kagome and Inuyasha from everyone in…" Akane trailed off when she saw a movement from the bag. Her eyes narrowed. She turned back to Ranma and realized he hadn't noticed. She leaned over to him and whispered in his ear. "You know what? I don't think Kagome and Inuyasha need all the junk that they were probably going to give them. Just put it back on the train."

Ranma blinked at her in confusion and then his eyes widened as he saw the bag move. He got Akane's gist now. He wasn't sure who had tried to sneak with them all the way here by being in the bag, but he wasn't going to have any one of the psychos from back home ruin his fun here with Inuyasha and Akane. [The game is to figure out WHO would actually go as far to hide themselves in luggage to sneak after Ranma and Akane? ^_^ My challenge to you! You'll find out later anyway :P -Now back to the story…gomen.] The reason he came with Akane was to fight with Inuyasha and get away from all the nuts. He wasn't going to have any of this crap.

Ranma nodded at Akane and picked up the bag. "Presents for Kagome and Inuyasha? I'm amazed that they would actually do something like that." He put the bag gently into someone else's luggage track. They had hoards of luggage and the one girl that seemed to be pushing the enormous track by herself had horns, blue hair and very strange clothes. The girl didn't seem to notice him adding another bag to her pile. He smiled and walked back to Akane.

"So much for that," he whispered to her.

"Good thing I caught them, huh? That sure was close."

Ranma nodded and watched out of the corner of his eyes as they loaded the bag back into the train. He didn't know who it was… but he really didn't want to find out.

"So Akane, which way to Kagome's house?"

Akane smiled at him. "Just follow me Ranma! Don't forget the bags!"

Ranma nodded and watched Akane wave for a cab. A vacation with Akane by themselves…? Whoa… That was a first…

* * *

On the train…

"AAAHHH!!! TOU-SAN, THERE'S A FREAKY OLD MAN IN THIS SUITCASE!" Lum screamed.

Happousai only grinned and attacked her. "Come here you pretty alien-oni! If I can't have Kagome's panties, I'll settle for yours!"

POW!!!

* * *

Ahem…back in Tokyo…

"Akane ne-chan!"

Akane smiled as she saw Souta run from the house to her. She held out her arms and the little boy rushed in for a hug. She pulled back and tousled his hair. "Konnichiwa, Souta-chan. It has been such a long time since I last saw you! You've gotten so big!"

Souta nodded as Buyo pulled up beside him with a "Nyao."

Akane clapped her hands in surprise. "Buyo!" She picked up the cat and held it against her. "I missed you too, Buyo." She stood up and turned around to see Ranma coming up the last couple of steps with the bags. Akane turned to Souta. "Souta-chan, Buyo, I'd like you to meet my fiancée, Ranma Saotome. Ranma! This is Kagome's little brother, Souta-chan and her cat, Buyo." Akane made Buyo wave a paw and Ranma leapt back a few feet.

"DAMMIT, AKANE!!! Get that thing away from me!!" Ranma bellowed.

Souta blinked at Akane then Ranma, and then back again. "Why doesn't he like Buyo?"

Akane giggled and put down Buyo, shooing him away. "Ah. Ranma is scared of cats. His dad made him VERY scared of cats. So scared that when he gets around too many cats or he's so scared that he can't take it anymore… He BECOMES a cat!"

Souta turned to a grumbling Ranma with wide eyes. "He becomes a cat?"

Akane nodded and ignored the fuming Ranma. "Mm-hm."

Souta just looked up at Ranma for a beat before letting out a small cry of surprise, startling Akane and Ranma. He turned to Akane. "You're engaged, Akane ne-chan?!"

Akane smiled and nodded. "Didn't Kagome tell you, Souta-chan?"

"Hm… Oh! Now I remember! He's the one who turns into a girl, ne?" Souta turned his gaze to Ranma. "He turns into a girl and a cat? But he looks like a normal person now."

Ranma cursed under his breath.

Akane laughed. "That's because he was to get splashed with cold water to turn into a girl and hot water to turn back into a guy. He turns into a girl more often than he turns into a cat."

"Why did he come with you?" Souta asked curiously.

Akane looked at Ranma out of the corner of her eyes and stood up. "Hmmm… What should I say? To protect me, to be with me, maybe, and definitely to fight Inuyasha."

"Fight?!" Souta turned to Ranma. "Why do you want to fight Inu no ni-chan? What did he do to you?"

Akane shook her head. "Iie, Souta-chan. He wants to fight him for fun, so he can become stronger."

"Oh. Okay!" Souta suddenly ran up to Ranma and grabbed one of the bags he was carrying. "I'll help!"

Ranma blinked down at the boy with a wiry grin. "You sure? These are pretty heavy. Akane sure takes a lot of stuff with her."

Souta nodded. "How else am I going to be strong like Inu no ni-chan? You want to be strong like him, that's why you're carrying so many bags! I want to be strong like him too! I've got to work hard so I can protect my ne-chan when he's not here!"

Ranma blinked down at Souta for a beat. He then looked up to Akane and rolled his eyes. "I never thought Inuyasha could be a role model." Ranma relinquished one of the lighter bags to Souta and he rushed beside Akane again.

Akane looked down at Souta for a moment. "Souta-chan… How did you know that I was coming? I didn't tell anyone."

"Akane-chan!"

Akane looked up and saw Mrs. Higurashi and Kagome's jii-chan waiting at the door. Akane smiled at them, but was still confused. "How did you all know I was coming?"

Mrs. Higurashi smiled at her. "Tendo-san gave us a call while you were on your way here. He didn't want you arrive while we were all out. But don't worry Akane-chan, it'll still be a surprise to Kagome. She's not here right now."

Ranma blinked. "Is she still in school? She should have gotten out by now. Break started yesterday."

"Actually," Kagome's jii-chan began, "she's at the hospital with cholera-"

"Jii-chan!" Souta bellowed at him.

"Ah… gomen, gomen. I forgot. No more diseases for Kagome. I already used that one before, didn't I?"

Ranma only stared at them dumbfounded; Akane laughed nervously, a sweat drop forming on her brow.

Mrs. Higurashi only smiled. "Akane-chan, Ranma-kun, come on in and get settled. There are a few questions I'd like to ask you and a few things to tell you before dinner today. And so you know, Kagome will probably not be here for dinner tonight."

Akane nodded and led Ranma in. They went to the guest room, where Ranma would be staying and Akane settled her things down in Kagome's bedroom. Once they were through, they met in the kitchen.

"Now," Mrs. Higurashi began, "first of all… Is it true that Ranma-kun transforms into a girl with cold water? I recall Kagome mentioning it a few times, but I'm curious as to see if it really works."

Ranma cursed and Akane slammed him with a hidden mallet. "Baka! Don't be so rude at Kagome's home! If they want to see girl-type just accept it! They can kick you out at anytime, you know!"

Mrs. Higurashi shook her head. "Gomen, Ranma-kun." Ranma and Akane abruptly stopped fighting when she said that. "I know it must be very difficult for you to deal with such a thing but it would help me feel better about Kagome and Inuyasha-kun. That it isn't only my daughter in love with a boy that's…just a little bit strange."

Akane dumped a glass of cold water on Ranma before he could protest any further.

"What'd you do that for?!" he bellowed, promptly sneezing. "That's cold, and now my clothes are all wet!"

Akane blinked at him and burst out laughing. "Now you actually sound like a girl, Ranma! Complaining about your clothes like that!"

"You're dead, Akane!"

"Stay back, Ranma!"

Mrs. Higurashi clanged on a glass for attention. Akane and Ranma stopped their arguing. She smiled lightly at both. "Gomen, Ranma-kun. You make a very cute girl, but a more handsome boy. I'll heat up some water for you. Now, as for Kagome… I'm sorry to say that not only will she not be here for dinner, but she probably won't be here for the entire break."

"NANI~?!"

Jii-chan nodded while Mrs. Higurashi continued. "Gomen nasai… But Kagome is down the well with Inuyasha-kun. She told me not to expect her back until the break was over. They have to go pretty far this time."

Ranma was turning beat red. "I…didn't think her and Inuyasha had gone that far…"

Akane pounded him over the head, her own face red. "BAKA!!! What is that ecchi mind of yours thinking?! Mrs. Higurashi isn't talking about that at all!"

Mrs. Higurashi only giggled. "You two are really in love aren't you?"

Akane and Ranma fell silent, both their faces blazing red. Souta watched them half in terror, half in amazement. Mrs. Higurashi only giggled again. "Kawaii." She shook her head. "Iie, Ranma-kun, I don't believe my daughter has gotten that far with Inuyasha-kun. They argue too much for that. I know they're in love… I just hope Kagome's heart doesn't get broken, all things considered."

Ranma blinked in confusion. "What do you mean 'all things considered'?"

When Mrs. Higurashi looked at Ranma in surprise, Akane decided to say it. "Ranma doesn't know, Mrs. Higurashi. Kagome and I never told him."

"Oh, really? Well, then I suppose I should. Ranma-kun," she handed him the hot water. Ranma dumped it on himself as she continued. "Neither Kagome nor Inuyasha-kun are going to be here because they are both currently in the Sengoku Jidai."

Ranma went bug-eyed. "Sengoku Jidai?! But wasn't that like," Ranma paused briefly to count, "500-400 years ago! How can they be there?!"

Akane sighed. "The sacred well here at the temple, also called the Bone Eater's Well, takes people back in time to the Sengoku Jidai. Kagome fell in on her 15th birthday and met Inuyasha there. Since she's a miko, she's been traveling back and forth between times trying to help him on their mission. They've exterminated youkais in the present, like the one back home, but mostly in the Sengoku Jidai. That's where that Naraku guy is."

Ranma stared at Akane. "So you're telling me, Inuyasha isn't even from this time." Akane nodded. "And Kagome and him travel back and forth through the well." She nodded again. "Does she do this often?"

Akane smiled crookedly. "So often that her jii-chan has run out of ideas for sicknesses. Kagome is constantly missing school because of this."

Ranma whistled. Akane blinked at him. "You believe me?"

He stared at her with narrowed eyes. "Why? Did you lie?"

Akane shook her head. "It's no lie! I just thought you'd be a bit more disbelieving."

Ranma pointed at himself. "I fell into a spring that transformed me into a woman. Traveling back in time through a well is more believable."

Akane smiled and shook her head.

Mrs. Higurashi smiled at the two. "Well, I'm glad you both understand. There isn't any way for me to get in contact with Kagome, but I hope she does come home in time to see you both. Well, dinner is ready!"

"Itadakimasu!"

* * *

It was the middle of the night, but Ranma didn't care as he stared down into the well. Bone Eater's Well, huh? What a freaking spooky name. It sure makes you think twice about jumping down there. But if on the other side Inuyasha was there, picking fights with all-powerful youkai… He wanted a part of that. Why should Inuyasha and Kagome get all the fun? Besides, he made a promise with Inuyasha. They would finish their fight.

"I knew you'd be here."

Ranma whirled about in surprise. "Akane?!" Silence… "Akane?"

Akane was wearing a pair of jeans, hiking boots and comfortable shirt and vest. She had two backpacks with her. She smiled at him. Ranma could only stare dumbfounded. "Akane…What on earth…?"

She tossed him a backpack and walked up to the well. "Worried, Ranma? From what I remember Kagome saying, there is never a rough fall, and I doubt any dead youkai will try to eat us if we jump in… But some living ones might try once we get to the Sengoku Jidai." She turned and smiled at him, sitting on the edge.

"You planned this! That's why everything was so heavy!"

Akane nodded. "Mm. I brought all the provisions we were going to need on this trip. What better way to spend summer break than in the past? The bright side is that even in some of the guys from back home decide to follow us… They can't." She grinned.

Ranma picked up that backpack and put it on. "Akane, you're a damn sneak." He grinned. "You read my mind."

She rolled her eyes. "Of course I did, Ranma. I've known you long enough. I knew the moment you found out where Inuyasha and Kagome probably were you'd want to go. So I came prepared. Besides," Akane reached into her pocket and pulled out a glowing shard.

"Hey, isn't that-?!"

Akane nodded. "Ah. A Shikon shard. The miko at the temple back home had one and told me to give it to Kagome the next time I saw her. She said, 'the soul should return to its home'. I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but it gave me a perfectly good reason to follow Kagome down to the Sengoku Jidai!"

Ranma leapt onto the edge of the well. "All right! Then what are we waiting for, Akane?! Let's get going! I have a score to settle with that hanyou and it would be some awesome training to deal with youkai instead of humans!"

"Just so you're warned, Ranma. Because we have this shard, youkai will probably come after us."

Ranma grinned. "Even better." He turned to Akane, his hand outstretched. "Don't worry, Akane. I'll protect you from any youkai."

Akane smiled ruefully at him and took his hand. "Like you did last time I was captured by one?"

"Oi, that was my first encounter with one! I'm allowed one mistake." He turned to her seriously. "But I promise, Akane. I won't let it happen again. I'll protect you. I swear."

Akane's heart swelled. "All right, Ranma. Let's go."

"Yeah."

So, holding hands, both Ranma and Akane jumped into the Bone Eater's Well, and into the Sengoku Jidai.