InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Trans-Plantation ❯ classical hell ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ok Well this is my newest fic if I don't get at least 2 reviews I will not continue it. Umm I don't own any of the Inuyasha characters in this chapter or the line from Scooby Doo (the movie) or the band simple plan (tho I wish I did)

 

 

Trans-plantation

Chapter 1

 

 

Music has always been a band-aid for my wounded heart. It has always been the one thing I can lose myself in. I can just sit back and let the notes carry me away to a place where my problems don't exist.

It just figures that today, one of the days I need my bandage the most, the batteries in my portable CD player are dead and I don't have a spare set anywhere.

Thus I am left here wallowing in a sea of pain, loss, and rage. Thinking that things will never get better, maybe if I repress all of these feelings I can live a `normal' life. Then again my life has never been normal. It doesn't help that I am now to be uprooted from my previous existence and transplanted into a place I will never be bale to survive in. Could life become any more intolerable?

 

(Damn where is it?) A young 16 year old girl searched hurriedly through her pack in search of her Geometry assignment. It was MIA. The girl flung her backpack down in disgust. She had just recalled that the aforementioned assignment was on her desk at home. (Just great; could this day get any worse?) She dropped her head down on the desk in exasperation; only succeeding in causing a bump to form on her forehead.

The whole class immediately went still as the intercom screeched to life. A sharp and screechy voice made the announcement, "Sorry for the interruption Mrs. Jones but could you send Higurashi to the office?" The teacher replied in the affirmative and the crackling noise ceased. The teacher nodded at the young girl known as Kagome Higurashi, and then returned to working out an equation on the white-board. Kagome, unsure whether or not to take her stuff just got out of her seat and grabbed the pass. She headed out into the hallway, which was empty. She moved slowly through the beige corridors en route to the office.

Upon arrival she immediately noticed her Aunt Margaret speaking to her principal and her counselor. Kagome rolled her eyes. Aunt Margaret, needless to say, was not one of Kagome's favorite people. She was a large extremely robust woman with a laugh like a hyena, but of course she was family. Kagome remembered something her mother always said, (You don't have to like your family, but you have to love them.).

So Kagome plastered on a fake smile and waited for the `grown-ups' to notice her presence (this should be interesting.). They all turned to the young girl shortly and the mutual look of sympathy lodged a large ball of dread in her stomach, the smile disappeared. Then her aunt reached out and took Kagome's small hand into her own. It was supposed to be comforting it just made the fear all that much stronger. Then the woman began speaking and the room spun sharply like a carnival ride and everything went black.

 

The ride to the middle-of-nowhere can be described in two words, long and bumpy. Especially when the woman in the front seat forced us to listen to classical opera music the whole time, needless to say it was not enjoyable. Plus I was becoming very queasy due to all the bouncing around. It would seem that this `town' had not taken the time to invest in pavement as of yet. I wonder how often they needed to replace their shocks but then again maybe their cars didn't even have shocks. Speaking of cars, my baby is being dragged behind us on a trailer. Which is probably a good thing, these roads aren't fit to walk on much less drive.

Yes my 1967 Mustang is my baby. The guilt present from my parents on my 15th birthday. It was just their way of apologizing for missing my birthday. The truly sad thing about the whole affair was that I had accepted the fact that they wouldn't be there. Why should I have expected them to come? They rarely did.

It had always just been me and my brother Souta. Two trippy peas in a far-out pod. He was the most annoying brother to ever be born to a sister but he was my annoying little brother. That's all that mattered. What I could never wrap my mind around was why two people would have children just to ignore them. Okay now I'm being bitter. Then again the truth is never sweet. "Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference," said by the blessed Saint Francis of Assisi. But as I have heard often, `it's easier said then done.'

You can't just snap your fingers and accept the fact that you and your brother always were second when it came to the two most important people in your life.

What's done is done though and there is nothing else that can change the outcome of these series of unfortunate events. We, my brother and I, are being passed of to our aunt Kasumi who lives down south somewhere because no one else wanted the responsibility of two children. I'm actually glad we ended up going to live with aunt Kasumi because she's my favorite. However I can't say that I am thrilled to be moving to a town with a grand population of 97. I suppose though that things could be worse. We could be going to stay with Grandma Urda. Just the thought of that ancient woman makes me shiver in disgust, not to mention the fact that her house smells like a hospital, disinfected death.

On the plus side as well, I'll be living with my infamous cousin Miroku. He may be a bit of a lecher to others but to me he's just my partner in crime. It's been, I think, 10 years since last we saw each other. He even at the ripe old age of seven was a pervert; I can only guess as to how far that has escalated. It will be good to see him and the rest of Aunt Kasumi and Uncle Tofu's little devils. I think they're up to six now. If you ask me that's way too many kids, but whatever works for them. I just hope I get my own room.

Our car has stopped in front of a large plantation-style house. It's in need of a coat or two of paint, but not too bad. I exit the small cramped Sedan and gaze up at the large house that I will be residing in. I don't think I needed to worry about getting my own room.

Then out of the screen door walks my aunt. She smiles at me and Souta from the porch. Then she walks down the steps to wrap us both in a hug that smells like summer blossoms. She bares an odd resemblance to my mother but I suppose that is to be expected of sisters. A group of children have begun forming on the porch and it is obvious that they are all related. Kasumi pulls back and smiles happily.

"Leave your things out here dear and I'll have the boys bring them in when they get home." She says to me. She's genuinely glad to have us there and I can't help but love her. I nod in response, then gesture to my car on the trailer. "Is there a garage or something I can take my car to? It needs some work and now that I have the money to…" I can't finish what I'm saying as my eyes well up with tears. My aunt gives me a watery smile and wraps and arm around my shoulders. "There's a garage not to far from here that you can take it to, but for now dears I'm going to get you fed. After that long drive I'm sure you're hungry." Here she turned to the woman who had `delivered' us. The woman was cold and just nodded in response to my aunt's invitation inside. She was the social worker and probably needed some paperwork filled out or something. I allowed myself to be led into the kitchen and set down at an overly large table.

My aunt proceeded to set down PB&J, turkey, ham, grilled cheese, and even tomato sandwiches; pie, and potato chips. I looked at the mountain of food and blinked very slowly, definitely a step up from Burger King. My brother dug in with abandon but I was in shock. I had never seen this much food served for lunch alone. My aunt looked at me questioningly. "Do you want me to make you something else dear?" I gaped at her. Then shook my head, she frowned. "You have to eat Kagome, you're too thin as it is. If you want I can make you something else. A hamburger perhaps or some chicken?" I blinked slowly; I had to be dreaming now. Then I shook my head again. "Uh..This should be…..will be fine. It's just that I don't think I've ever seen this much food before." She nodded but frowned slightly. I could tell she disapproved of the `limited' amount of food I'd obviously been getting before. I would have laughed had the look not been so serious. She shook her head then and exited the kitchen to deal with the lady in her living room. I gazed at the food before me. I picked up a turkey sandwich and ate it. I already knew I would be incapable of eating the amount of food she would want me to, but the woman was endearing.

The `munchkins' soon came into the house to eat with us and the pile slowly shrunk, while Souta and I got reacquainted with our cousins.

There were the twins Yura and Kura who were both 5 years old and almost exact carbon copies of each other except for their temperament. Yura is a sweet huggable little girl whereas; Kura is a wild and talkative child with quite an active imagination. Taru is 10 years old and pretty laidback; I can already see the makings of a heartbreaker in him. The girls in his class better watch out. Then there's Yugi who is 7 but has the mind of a young Einstein, if only he were more social. And of course, There's little Yumi a cute little 3 year old version of my aunt Kasumi. They're all so wonderful and unique it's amazing. Plus they are very entertaining and made fast work on updating Souta and I on Miroku's latest exploits.

It would seem my accursed cousin has a crush on a girl my age, by the name of Sango. I think I must meet this girl, for Miroku has extremely good taste in women so she must be wonderful. Poor lecher though, he really needs to realize that women don't like his kind of attention very much. Groping isn't the best of ways to get a girl to like you.

My Aunt came back into the kitchen and all the children stopped their chatter. She smiled at all of them, but one glance at my plate and she shook her head.

"Would you like to see your rooms now?" She asked with a sigh and a smile. I nodded while Souta shrugged. She smiled reassuringly and led the two of us up the stairs in the back of the kitchen. She took us to the second level of the house and walked to the end of the floor. She opened a door to reveal a pale blue room, with a twin bed, and nothing else, it was decently sized nonetheless. The bed had a large puffy quilt spread across it and had another blanket draped across the foot of the bed. Kasumi smiled at Souta and said, "This one is yours." He smiled brightly and ran into the room. It was his style, comfy. She closed the door and motioned to me to follow her up another set of stairs.

At the top of the stairs was my dream room. The room was almost the whole span of the house and it was painted in an eggshell white color but it was illuminated well and it had hard wood floors. At the farthest end of the room there was a windowed alcove. The windows were tall allowing the room to be bathed in light. There were a few dusty boxes but they did not diminish the beauty of the room. It was spectacular and could not wait for the U-haul containing my stuff to arrive so I could claim this room fully as my own. My aunt was obviously pleased that I liked the room because she gave me a warm hug and a motherly kiss on the cheek before she vacated the room. I looked around the room awestruck this was my room.

I giggles stupidly and then rushed down the stairs to the U-haul that I had just heard pull up. The movers were burly men who after little direction started lugging my brother's and my stuff into the house. I couldn't wait for them to be done but since I knew that it would take them a couple of hours at least I went in search of my aunt. I found her in the kitchen stirring a pot of delicious smelly soup. She smiled and wiped her hands on a towel before turning to me.

"May I take my car to the garage now? Or will they be closed on a Saturday?" She smiled again.

"Yes you may take your car to the garage just let me get you a map." She quickly pulled a map out of a drawer and spread it out on the counter. I wasn't shocked at the tiny size of the town displayed. She pointed to where her house was and then to where the garage was it was just a mile up the road from her house and then two miles to the left. Not too far. After she finished her directions she asked me if I needed someone to go with me, I shook my head no and ran out of the house to my baby. The metal gleamed in the sunshine and I smiled. Even with the grey primer it still looked amazing. All it really needed was a couple coats of paint, a new alternator and a back bumper. I then realized that the car the trailer had been hooked to was gone and that my luggage as well as Souta's was on the porch. I sighed and headed back into the house. My aunt looked up from her cutting board and gave me a curious look. "Is there something wrong?"

"No, I just need to borrow a truck or something to hook the trailer to." She smiled and then nodded. She walked towards the wall and grabbed a set of keys off a hook on the wall. "It's the blue Chevy by the barn dear, be careful. Do you need help hooking up the trailer?"

"No I can get it thank you." I took the keys from her and left thru the back door. I headed towards the large red barn. I found the old Chevy easy enough and moved it along the drive to where the trailer was parked. I quickly hopped out of the vehicle and hooked the trailer onto the back of the truck. Then I climbed back into the truck and went on my way driving relatively slowly. I did not want to go bouncing around again, not after I had just eaten.

I followed the map and I pulled up outside the garage in no time. I shut the engine off and perused the large shop. It looked descent enough to repair my car. I hopped out of the truck and tucked the keys into the pocket of my faded low-rise Levi's. I brushed off my T-shirt that had a picture of Tinkerbelle on a toadstool on it. And then I quickly tied my black hair up into ponytail. Now totally prepared to enter the greasy environment I started walking towards the door. The bell above the door jangled and I waited for someone to come out from the back to assist me. After a few moments with no one showing I decided to call out and so I yelled a `hello'. To which no one responded. I never was patient.

So I headed into the shop on my own. I worked my way through the cars to the very back of the shop where Simple Plan was being blasted by a surround sound stereo system. I recognized the song as the song `welcome to my life' these dudes had good taste for grease monkeys. Not that there was anything wrong with grease monkeys. I saw half of a body lying under a 1959 ford truck. I walked over and rapped lightly on the side of the truck. I heard a muffled curse and then the whole body slid out from beneath the classic truck.

My breath caught and I almost started drooling. The guy was gorgeous and all he was wearing was a pair of Reebok shoes, blue-jean carpenter pants, and a once white wife-beater. The dude stood gracefully and grabbed up a grease rag to wipe his oily hands on. He had the black liquid smudged allover his clothes and on his right cheek. I was awestruck by his amazing honey colored eyes and his short spiky silver hair. I had never seen anyone who had hair and eyes that color before.

I snapped myself out of my daze and smiled slightly. He was grinning crookedly, I almost whimpered. "Can I help you?" He asked and his smooth voice snapped me out of the daze I had fallen back in to.

"Um, yeah. My car needs some work. Mostly I just need a rear bumper a new alternator and a paint job, but maybe a tune-up would be good to." I could see the shock in his eyes. I prided myself on having at least a basic knowledge of cars for two reasons; One so I would never get cheated and Two because it makes for good conversation with one's guys friends. Then he shrugged. "Okay well where is, this car?"

"Out there." I said; I was amazed he could here me over the music but he didn't seem to be having any trouble, even though I was. He nodded and began leading me back thru the shop. He stopped abruptly t the door and I almost ran into his back, his well toned firm….

"THAT is your car?" He said incredulously pointing to the trailer and fixing me with a shocked gaze. I nodded with a smile.

"Yep that's my baby." He shook his head and walked to the trailer. He turned around at the truck door. "I need to move the car into the shop." I dug the keys out of my pocket and handed them to him. Then I moved out of the way. It took him a little while to move the trailer to where he wanted it and then to get the car off of it. Once he was finished he motioned to me to go inside. Once inside he had me fill out paperwork and we discussed my car.

"Okay that should be it." He said smiling.

"Okay thanks." I said a bit disappointed that I had to get going.

"So you're staying at Miroku's huh?" He asked leaning on the opposite of the counter bringing us closer.

"Yeah I just moved here. Me and my brother will be living with them from now on." He nodded but I saw the smile that graced his perfect lips.

"Well at least you're safe from that perv." He chuckled and ran his hand through his short platinum hair. I smiled.

"As safe as one can be."

"Yeah. So are you going to start school on Monday?" He asked sobering slightly.

"Unfortunately, yes I will be." I curled my nose in disgust. He grinned again.

"I drive that bozo Miroku to school everyday since his house is on the way. If you want I could give you a ride to."

"That sounds great, thank you."

"Don't mention it. It's nothing, just trying to help out the new girl." He smirked.

"I better get going though I have a ton of unpacking to do." I was reluctant to leave but I had to.

"Alright, see yah." He said and started walking into the back again.

"Bye." I called as I exited the building and went back out to the truck. I was totally exasperated with myself when I remembered that he still had the keys. I leaned forward in the seat and banged my head against the steering wheel. When I turned to get back out I came face to face with the boy again. He held up his hand and upon his index finger dangled the keys.

"Forget something?" I smiled stupidly.

"Yeah, thanks." I said while I removed the keys from his finger. I inserted the piece of metal into the ignition and started the truck up. I put the truck in gear and then I remembered something else. I turned to the window and called out to the boy's retreating figure, "By the way I'm Kagome." He turned around and smiled. Then he called back, "I'm Inuyasha." Then he turned and disappeared back into the shop.

I pulled a quick U-ie and headed back towards my Aunt's house. Maybe living in this tiny town wouldn't be half bad.

I got back to the house and I left the trailer by the barn next to the truck, I didn't know what else to do with it. Then I made my way back towards the house. I made it to the front door before I was pulled into a tight bear hug and spun in circles. I instantly recognized the good-smelling dude to be my oldest cousin Miroku who had obviously just gotten out of the shower.

"How I've missed you Kaggie. I couldn't wait till we got done plowing to come back here and see you!" I giggled.

"I missed you to Miro." I said returning his hug. My uncle came out of the house then and smiled at us.

"Come on you two dinner's ready." I blinked at him and then checked my watch it was only 6 o'clock. Miroku pulled me into the house behind him and he placed me in the seat next to his once we made it to the dining room.

"So what did the mechanic say dear?" My aunt asked from her place.

"He said that he would give me a ride to school since he was already driving this bozo." I replied and elbowed my cousin in the ribs. He laughed.

"I see you've met Inuyasha then." My uncle chuckled.

"Yeah he said he'd look my car over and fix it up best as he can." I said seriously to answer my Aunt. She smiled sweetly, "That's good dear."

"Hey, Miroku." I said turning to the boy who was wolfing his food down. He turned to look at me as well.

"Could you help me set my room up? I don't think I can put my bed together by myself." He nodded and we all averted our attention to the sumptuous feast my Aunt had prepared.

 

 

 

So what did ya'll think hmm?? I need reviews Ideas guidance

Or should I just delete it???

Thx

Aurora