InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Trans-Plantation ❯ Chapter 2: Meet the twins ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Once finished stuffing myself in an effort to humor my aunt I went up to my room only to stare in dismay at all the boxes and pieces of furniture. Miroku followed me up shortly.

"Okay Miro, I'll be needing a hammer, nails, and a ratchet set." He nodded and I assume, went in search of the items I requested. I went immediately to work clearing the boxes from the alcove where I planned to place my bed. It took only a few moments to rearrange the boxes and to find the frame to my bed. By that time Miroku had returned with a red tool box in tow.

"Bed first." He smiled and we went to work trying to get my bed together.

After around half an hour of wrestling with the bed we had it fully together and celebrated by taking a seat on my bare mattress.

"This may take awhile." Miroku stated.

"Why thank you Captain Obvious I had not realized that." I said sincerely, slapping my cousin playfully. He grinned revealing a dimple in his left cheek.

"Well we better get to work than, huh?" I nodded in agreement and we went to work erecting my vanity, putting up shelves, and arranging my dressers. The sun had long since gone down when we finished putting up the curtains.

"Thanks cuz, now go and get some sleep." Miroku smiled brightly.

"Good night kaggie." He called as he went in search of his own bed. With a shake of my head I turned back to the, much smaller, pile of boxes and began searching for the one titled, `covers'. I found it on the bottom of the pile, it figured. If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any at all.

I unearthed the box and opened it up. I pulled out my cream colored sheets and went and dressed my bed. Once I had the cotton sheets spread, I grabbed the matching feather down comforter that was edged with gold and navy blue thread. Once that was spread across my bed I threw on two large creamy pillows, two royal blue throw pillows, and one small gold pillow. I decided to call it a night and went in search of my bedclothes.

Once found I donned the overly big T-shirt and boxers and then slid into the comfy, yet cold, bed. Of course since I had forgotten to shut off the light I had to get beck out of bed to flick the switch and then go all the way back to my bed. And finally I slept.

 

All the people speaking, all the people sobbing, and all the people pitying. She couldn't hear any of them over the loud thump of her own heartbeat. The pain was so strong she had fled into the recesses of her own mind. People hugged her and passed her tissues she would not use. She hadn't cried, by crying she would make it real. By crying she would have accepted it. By crying, she would prove that they were gone. She knew people were saying she was cold, that she had not care, but she was too numb to mind their lies. These people did not matter.

And those that did were not there.

 

I woke to the sound of birds chirping outside of my window and the sun shining brightly through the panes. It was weird, so different to my old home. It would be freezing there this time of year yet here it was as warm as a summer there. It was a little confusing, but I decided I liked it more than the below zeroes I was used to.

Stretching lazily I slid out of the bed and donned a pair of denim Capris and a black tank top that said in red letters `Victory is mine!' over a picture of Stewie. I threw on a studded belt as well just for fun. My hair was a mess of knots that took a few moments to tame and throw up in a bun. Once finished though, I pulled on some flip flops and headed down the stairs towards the delicious aroma of French toast, coffee, and bacon.

I made it to the kitchen in no time and saw the family was just sitting down to commence eating. I gave them a sunny smile. The smile was returned by everyone else as I took the empty seat next to Souta. My Aunt passed me the plate bearing fluffy pancakes and I took one from the pile and looked around the table for my favorite condiment. It wasn't present.

"Do you have any peanut butter?" I asked my aunt and she raised her eyebrow at me looking puzzled. "Yes, we do. What do you need it for?" I gave her a blank stare.

"My pancakes, what else?" She looked at me like I had just told her I could fly. Then silently she got up and went to the pantry and came back carrying the jar of gooey peanut buttery goodness. I spread some of it over my cakes and then I poured on the syrup. I began eating the delicious food and I could feel my aunts gaze. I looked up to see her shake her head and resume eating her eggs, bacon, and French toast.

Breakfast went by quickly after that and I soon found myself back in my room unpacking my clothes and knick-knacks. I hit a rough patch with my laptop because I had put my desk in the wrong place; the phone cord was on the other side of the room. After that though it was just boring.

Several hours after I had started I collapsed onto my bed satisfied with my work. I had put up the gauzy white mosquito netting over my bed, I'd put up the new light fixtures, and I had arranged everything where I wanted it to be.

As if she had known I was finished my Aunt knocked on the door and entered the room. She smiled at my progress.

"It looks wonderful dear." I nodded in agreement.

"Come on down and eat some lunch then. I'm sure you're famished." I hopped of the bed and followed her down to the kitchen. After I had eaten enough to appease her for the time being I went to sit on the front porch.

All you could see from there was rows upon, rows of golden corn stalks. It was kind of pretty. I had only been setting there for like ten minutes when Miroku and a ton of his friends pulled up in a truck I didn't recognize.

"Hey Kaggie, Me and a bunch of my dear friends are going swimming, Wanna come with?"

"That sounds good just let me change." He nodded and I dashed through the house and to my room where I quickly threw on my black bikini and pulled my clothes back on over it. On my way out My aunt came out of the kitchen a handed me some sunscreen and a towel. I thanked her with a hug and headed out to the truck. I jumped into the bed and settled in. There was another girl there who smiled at me and extended her hand.

"Name's Sango. You are?" I took her hand and shook it.

"I'm Kagome." The girl nodded knowingly.

"This here is Ranma, That's Ayame, and her over there that's Ranko, Ranma's twin." She stated pointing to each person in turn. I nodded. "Nice to meet you."

":%$&%^(&*$^)**(&

It's all I got so far sorry. But it is better than nothing, ne? thank all of you for your wonderful reviews.

Love your authoress,

Aurora.