InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Trans-Plantation ❯ Paranoia ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Trans-plantation

Chapter 5: Paranoia

 

 

I hefted my bulging bag further up my shoulder and then I followed the all-too-gorgeous boy into the school's office. I smiled falsely at the old lady behind the desk. The woman was looking at me like I was about to pull out a gun and hold them all hostage. She was definitely paranoid.

"May I help you young lady?" She asked in a scratchy voice. I widened my smile.

"Yes, I just transferred here and I was wondering if I could get a copy of my schedule." I asked with my best sweet-sincere voice. I could hear Inuyasha trying to squelch his rising humor. I mentally rolled my eyes and returned my attention to the lady who was looking at me as if I were an idiot.

"What's your name?" She asked in annoyance. My smile dampened.

"Higurashi, Kagome." She pushed her pointed glasses up along the bridge of her overly-large nose and began typing furiously. A moment later and she handed me my schedule.

"Thank you M'am." I said as I walked away. I heard her snort in reply as I walked out followed by a laughing boy.

"That lady needs to lower her Valium dosage. She's way too paranoid, not to mention impolite." Inuyasha snickered.

"So what is your first class of the day?" I turned my attention to my schedule. I scanned it quickly and found everything to be in order.

 

Hour Class Teacher Room #

1 Algebra Myouga, F. 112

2 Physics Kitsune, S. 100

3 Phys. Ed. Babba, K. Gym

* Lunch

4 English Fleur, Rin. 107

5 Auto Shop Geezer, T. 113

6 Wrld Hist Amaz, C. 111

 

"I have Algebra first. What do you have?" I asked Yasha.

"I have Algebra to. It's no surprise really, we all pretty much have the same classes. Our school isn't exactly over-crowded or nothin'." He said with a shrug. He grabbed the paper from my hand a moment later though. I assumed we were on our way to room 112 but I was not totally sure. Considering we were outside.

 

The rain poured down on the upturned soil causing it to turn into nothing but muck, which stuck to the peoples' shoes as they walked through it in their somber clothes. There was a single girl who had already been there for awhile staring down at the earth as if she were in a daze. She was unaware of the rain that fell and soaked her coat. Unaware of the people bustling around under the tarp not to far away. Unaware that she was alive.

Bearers brought forth the boxes, a holy man spoke a few words, people cried, they lowered the boxes and covered them with the earth; but still she remained. Still as a statue as the people dispersed, as the sun set, as the rain slowed. A woman was waiting for her in a car but she hadn't noticed that either. What was there to notice when all she could feel was pain?

 

"Uh, Yasha where exactly are you taking me?" I asked in concern. He looked at me over his shoulder.

"To class, duh." He said with a roll of his delicious honeyed eyes. I shrugged and followed behind him. He was reading my schedule as we walked across the springy green grass.

"It says here you have Auto Shop, I have that class to. As well as your English and P.E. classes." I smiled.

"That's awesome. Now I have someone who can help me with my homework." I said clapping my hands as he snorted. He handed me back my schedule and we walked in companionable silence for a few minutes. We came to a set of double doors on the other side of the school and he opened one to enter the building.

"Ah, I see, we took the scenic route." I said in sudden understanding. He chuckled.

"More like the detour. These halls get crazy during passing period." I nodded sagely in agreement as the flow of `traffic' in the halls moved down the hall. They were most definitely crowded.

 

Finally we made it to our first class of the day and Inuyasha went to his seat in the back of the room. I approached the teacher's desk. The man was sitting behind a very large stack of papers and could barely be seen. He was around 4'5", robust and balding, but he seemed to be a nice enough old coot.

"Mr….Myouga, Hi I'm Kagome your new student where would you like me to sit?" The old man looked up at me through thick framed glasses. He stood quickly and extended his hand.

"Welcome to my class Ms. Higurashi." Then he walked around the desk towards the bookcase in the back of the room. He pulled down a large green volume identical to the others on the shelf and handed it to me. "Here is your textbook and in this class I care not where you sit as long as you pay attention and keep the chatter to a minimum." I smiled down at the man, instantly liking him.

"Thank you sir." I said sincerely and went to sit next to Inuyasha. I placed by bag on the floor by my side and pulled out a notebook, a pencil, and a stretchy book-cover. Nothing like being prepared, after all I used to be a girl scout. I sold the most cookies all three years I was a scout. I think I might even still have my uniform.

The class began filling quickly and I recognized a few of the people I had met the day before.

The girl, Sango, I think took a seat in front of me. Followed shortly by Ranko. A few of the guys were there to, but I really didn't like any of them much, even if they were hot.

"Hey Kagome long time no see." Ranko said with a bright smile as she took a seat on my left. I smiled back.

"Yeah I haven't seen you in ages, how have you been?" She giggled. Sango rolled her eyes.

"So what do you think of the old man?" Sango said motioning to Mr. Myouga.

"He seems pretty cool, he's really short though." Sango nodded.

"Anyways, Can I see your schedule?" Ranko asked. I forked it over and she began perusing the list.

"Hello ladies. How are you all this fine morning?" A guy asked as he came over to where we were sitting. Ranko blushed and turned away. I smiled at the boy who had a grey Mohawk. He looked at Sango expectantly.

 

*&%&*%){(&

 

Ok that's all for now peeps. Sry it took me so long I'm flunking Algebra so that's been my main focus right now. Stupid MATH. Urrg. Blame my teacher for me not updating

Luv ya all. Kisses.