InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures with the samurai girl ❯ Death ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*Sorry for the long wait everyone. SG had been thrown away by accident so I've had to rewrite everything. I have already begun Chapter 5 and it should be done by next Sunday. (If I don't have to study for a test and STN-A doesn't take up most of my time.) So please be patient I'm working as fast as I can.*

Chapter 4: Death

It was morning. Shinta slowly opened her eyes, looking at her surroundings. She noticed that Sesshomaru was fast asleep, leaning on a tree.

Shinta: ::Yoko must of taken over again. Sesshomaru must of treated my wounds. I owe him a lot. But why is it that everytime Yoko takes over, I can't remember what happens.::

Shinta drew her sword and examined it. She noticed there was an inscription on the sheath. It read:

Yoko, The quivering string of a fully drawn bow. Your heart astir in the moonlight, Your beautiful face seen from the side Unforgiving as the edge Of a just-sharpened sword. Those who know your true heart Hidden in grief and anger Only the spirits, Only the spirits of the forest.

Shinta: Sesshomaru

He woke in an instant looking over at Shinta noticing she had her sword on the ground and the sheath in her hands.

Sesshomaru: something wrong?

Shinta: not really, I just found an inscription on the sheath of my sword.

Sesshomaru: what does it say?

Shinta read the inscription to him. After a moment he spoke.

Sesshomaru: Your sword, who made it?

Shinta: I'm not sure, A demon that stayed at my village gave it to me. He sorta looked like you and Inuyasha. He said I was meant to have it.

Sesshomaru: It appears my father knew Yoko....Interesting.

Sesshomaru became silent, lost in thought. Shinta put the sword in its sheath and held it out to him.

Sesshomaru: no, you keep it

Shinta: but you can beat the Tet-

Sesshomaru: don't worry. I can beat my little brother without it. You're the only one who could use the sword properly.

Shinta jumped into Sesshomarus arms, burying her face into his chest. His eyes widened with surprise, then they relaxed. Sesshomaru had never gotten this close to a human but he didn't seem to mind. In a way she was like Ren.

Inuyasha: tell me again, why we're going to look for Sesshomaru and Shinta?

Kagome: aren't you worried?

Inuyasha: I'm a little worried about Shinta

Shippo: so you don't think you should be worried about your brother?

Inuyasha: he can rot in hell for all I care

As they were walking through the forest Inuyasha picked up his brothers scent. He led the others to the two like a dog. Sesshomaru and Shinta were eating lunch when Shinta suddenly looked up. Sesshomaru caught the scent of what had caught her attention. He picked up a rock and threw it into some bushes. They then heard someone saying something. The person stood up and Sesshomaru glared at him.

Sesshomaru: Inuyasha......

Inuyasha: I take it you were the one who threw this!

In his hand was the rock that Sesshomaru had thrown. Moments later Kagome, Shippo, Sango, and Miroku came out of the bushes. They seemed out of breath as if they had been running. They sat down and started to ask questions. Inuyasha sat across from Sesshomaru and the two of them glared at each other most of the time.

Sango: are you guys okay?

Shinta: yeah, why?

Inuyasha: weren't you guys attacked by some Elemental Ninja?

Sesshomaru: yes, but why do you care

Shinta: wait, were you attacked by them as well?

Kagome: yeah what are they-

Shinta: they're after Yoko.

Miroku looked at Shinta, noticing her hands were bandaged.

Miroku: did you fight them Shinta?

Sesshomaru: she did.

Inuyasha: why didn't you help

Sesshomaru: because I was tied up.

Shintas eyes suddenly changed into a golden yellow. She was glaring at something that was behind Inuyasha.

Yoko-Shinta: Inuyasha get down !

Inuyasha: wha-

Kagome: SIT BOY

The necklace around Inuyashas neck pulled him to the ground. Just as he hit the ground a disk with a sharp blade flew right above him, cutting a few pieces of his hair. Yoko moved to the left, the disk going straight into the tree she had been leaning on.

Daito: how excellent, I didn't think there was time to dodge.

Miroku: let me guess you're the Elemental Ninja of fire

Daito: very good. all of you together, this makes it much more easier.

Inuyasha: easier?!? whats that supposed to mean!

Daito: what I'm saying is that I can finally finish off the rest of your family and that pest. you and Inuyasha escaped while your human mother was killed, but your father and that girl weren't as fortunate. the girl was on the brink of death, but Yoko merged with her soul to save her life, trapping herself inside the girls body.

Everyone kept their eyes on the ninja watching his every move. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru looked very tense while Shinta gave him a cold stare.

Daito: do yourselves a favor and quit now.

Yoko: quiting is easy, all you have to do is say it but running away from something will never solve your problems.

Inuyasha: nicely put

Daito: then prepare to die!

The ninja hurled three disks at them. Inuyasha and Yoko drew their swords, blocking two of the disks. Sesshomaru used his poison claws to destroy the other. The ninja revealed the gloves on his hands. Each one had a blade the size of a kodachi.

Inuyasha: give it up, you're no match for us.

Yoko: don't be fooled Inuyasha, he's more powerful than what you think. he's been leading us into a false sense of strength.

Inuyasha: what?

Sesshomaru: what she's saying is not to let your guard down.

Daito: very good. but you're still going to die

He attacked Yoko, who dodged to the left, then right. He kept attacking and she simply dodged the attacks. He started to attack her on the right, then suddenly switched to the left, catching her off guard. He used his sword and stabbed through her stomach, pinning her to a tree. Her sword fell from her hands and hit the ground. His blade had killed her, because she didn't move or make a sound.

Daito: now, its time for the rest of you to join her in hell.

Kagome: she's.......dead

*This is a shock. One of the main heroes are dead. But I did get that akward moment in as you asked me to make Pyro.*

Note: If anyone was wondering, STN-A is a group me and my friend made. Its basically a Witch Hunter Robin club, only STN-A is in America (STN-J = Japan)