InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures with the samurai girl ❯ New Enemy ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*welcome to another chapter of Adventures with the samurai girl! I hope you guys like it so far.

Inu : what makes you think they liked it?

Kagome : I liked it!

Inu : well you're brain dead

Kagome : SIT BOY!!

Inu : oww!!!

Well, lets continue on with the story shall we?*

Chapter 3: New Enemies

Shinta : Sesshomaru, could this new enemy be stronger than Naraku?

Sesshomaru : I'm not sure, I'm more worried about Yoko taking over your body and killing everyone in sight.

Shinta smiled then gave a long sigh. She was thinking about the battle she had with Naraku. And about that strange voice.

Shinta: ::Naraku destroyed that village because he thought I would become a threat. but what about this new enemy, could they be afraid of Yoko?::

Back at the village Inuyasha was cutting down trees with his Tetsuiga so he could become stronger. Kagome, Miroku, Sango, and Shippo were watching him. Kikyo soon came over to join them, watching what Inuyasha was doing.

Kikyo : whats wrong with Inuyasha?

Miroku : He's trying to become stronger. The girl that was with Sesshomaru has him on edge.

Inuyasha : ::grr... I have to become stronger if I want to defeat Yoko, but if I kill Yoko would that kill Shinta as well?:: hey Miroku!

Miroku : huh, whats wrong Inuyasha?

Inuyasha : nothing, I was just wondering, if Yoko died would Shinta die as well?

Inuyasha and the others sat down under a tree. Miroku began to speak.

Miroku : Shinta said that Yoko couldn't leave her body, and the night Naraku died Yoko was in control of her body at that time and she used the sword. After doing so she fell unconcious. It probably would kill both of them if either one died.

Inuyasha closed his eyes, falling silent. He didn't say anything which made the others think about why he had asked that question. They soon realized the reason.

All : DON"T YOU DARE INUYASHA!!!!

Inuyasha : I'm not! speaking of which, don't do anything to her either Miroku. Its sad though, having people wanting to kill you when you're just an innocent child.

Katori : If you call someone like that innocent, you really must be dense.

Everyone looked over to the woman who had spoken. The woman was wearing what looked like a ninja outfit. it was black with the exception of the ribbon around her waist which was blue. The woman's eyes and hair were both blue as well.

Inuyasha : who the hell are you!

Katori : oh how rude of me, my name is Katori Ryu of the Elemental Ninja. I have the power over water.

Inuyasha : you don't look so tough!

Katori : really

Katori jumped, landing behind Inuyasha with great agility. Inuyasha looked at his clothes. There was a huge gash in the front, blood flowing out of the wound. Everyone was shocked. Katori had drawn a dagger and had slashed him when she was landing behind.

Inuyasha : what?

Kagome : Inuyahsa are you alright!

Katori : do you still think I'm weak?

Sesshomaru and Shinta had been walking for a day. They didn't have a specific destination but they knew danger would be ahead. Soon they came to a road where a man was blocking their path. He was wearing a black ninja suit with the exception of the sleeves which were outlined in green.

Sesshomaru : who are you and what do you want?

Muso : I am Muso Ryu of the Elemental Ninja, and I am here for your little friend.

Shinta : ::Elemental Ninja::

The ninja attacked Sesshomaru first, then went after Shinta. Falling to his knees Sesshomaru was gasping for air as he watched the ninja attack Shinta. She had caught the blade of his katana, eyes suddenly turning golden yellow. She then turned to Sesshomaru.

Yoko-Shinta : Sesshomaru are you alright?!?

Sesshomaru : yes, it just a flesh wound, I'll be fine.

Yoko-Shinta : ::Muso controls the element of wood, but something doesn't seem right::

Yoko then caught the scent of what was on the blade of Muso's sword: poison. Thats why a small wound caused Sesshomaru to fall to his knees, making it hard for him to breath. This fight would not be an easy one. The problem was avoiding getting cut by his blade.

Yoko-Shinta : Sesshomaru, don't move, stay as still as possible. His blade, its soaked with a strong poison

Muso : so your skills are still as sharp as ever even though you've been laying dormant in that humans body for all these years.

-Flashback from the previous morning-

Yoko-Shinta : Sesshomaru, up the path there will be an Elemental Ninja

Sesshomaru : Elemental Ninja? what are they-

He paused looking at his friend.

Sesshomaru : they want you, Yoko that is, don't they

Yoko-Shinta : yes, please stay out of this fight! they fight dirty and will probably do everything they can to-

Sesshomaru cut her off in mid sentence.

Sesshomaru : I'm not saying I'll stay out of this, but I will help you.

Yoko-Shinta : I will never let Shinta's comrades die because of a stupid battle that began years ago!

Sesshomaru : I won't die, I promise

-Presesnt Time-

Sesshomaru : ::Yoko knew they would do something like this. I don't care if I die, but Shinta is only a child. and is so innocent::

Suddenly a vine appeared wrapping itself around Sesshomaru, who tried in vain to break free, only to have it wrap tighter.

Muso : You'll find its not possible to break it. so you don't interfere while I kill your friend.

Yoko-Shinta flung Muso's katana aside, drawing her own sword. She attacked, and with god-like speed the ninja dissappeared. Yoko-Shinta searched around for her opponent and finally found him. he was standing on a tree branch.

Muso : nice try, but with my speed its impossible to hurt me.

Yoko-Shinta : better look again

Muso looked at his right arm. Blood was running down it, onto the ground. He had a look of shock on his face, which quickly turned to anger.

Muso : I'll kill you for what you've done to my arm!

Muso suddenly appeared behind Yoko-Shinta, taking his katana he stabbed through her left shoulder, then pulling it out as she fell to the ground he turned to Sesshomaru, walking toward him. Katana in hand.

Muso : now to finish this. any last words?

Sesshomaru : ....Go to hell

Muso : you're dead!

As Muso came closer Sesshomaru gave him a cold stare. Muso the rushed forward, his katana blade pointed at Sesshomaru's heart. but he suddenly stopped. Yoko-Shinta's katana was stiking out of Muso's chest, his katana only an inch away from Sesshomaru's chest. He looked back to see Yoko-Shinta standing behind him, then fell to the ground, dieing. The vine that had held Sesshomaru vanished.

Sesshomaru : Shinta, are you alright?

Shinta : I'm fi--

Shinta suddenly collapsed, falling to the ground. Sesshomaru picked her up, carrying her deep into the woods. They had to get as far away as they could from the road. They had no idea what other kinds of enemies were up ahead but in their current position neither one was fit to fight.

-Back to the fight between Inuyasha and Katori-

Katori : you shouldn't underestimate your opponent

Inuyasha : neither should you

With that Inuyasha drew the Tetsuiga. Katori looked at the sword. Then a replica of the Tetsuiga appeared in her hand. Everyone seemed surprised and confused at the same time. How could someone have the same exact weapon as their opponent?

Inuyasha : what!?!

Katori : weren't you listening? I have the power of water. this sword is a reflection of yours. I have the ability to mirror my opponents attacks and weapons.

Inuyasha : mirror this!

Inuyasha attacked with the Tetsuiga, cutting Katori's arm off. She was shocked, then became very angry.

Katori : you dirty little cheater!

Inuyasha : no one said it was supposed to be fair.

Inuyasha attacked Katori using the wind scar. It destroyed her instantly. After the battle was over everyone rushed over to Inuyasha.

Miroku : that was a close one Inuyasha

Kagome : do you think Shinta and Sesshomaru were also attacked?

Inuyasha : oh I think so.

-Back to Sesshomaru and Shinta-

It was dark. Sesshomaru sat by a fire deep in thought. Shinta was lying on the opposite side of the fire, he had treated her wounds and put a blanket over her so she would stay warm.

Sesshomaru : ::That ninja, he was after Yoko, but why? What would happen if Yoko took over Shinta's body...forever?::

* Thats the end of the third chapter! Now I just want to say that the Elemental ninja were created entirely by me. I might decide to make a fanfic about them. But anyways I wanted to tell you about their names.

Katori Ryu, Muso Shinden Ryu, and Daito Ryu are all different types of fighting styles. There are over 1,000 different types of Ryu, but most have dissappeared.

well thats all I can think of to tell you for now!

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF MY FANFIC SO FAR!