InuYasha Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures with the samurai girl ❯ A story followed by farewell ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*okay so what do you guys think will happen, and what about Shinta's sword? Well here's the next chapter! Hope you like it*

Chapter 2: A story followed by farewell

Inuyasha : Sesshomaru why did you interfere!?!

It was the next day. Everyone wanted to know more about why Sesshomaru had that girl with him and who she was. And her sword, it was like the Tetsuiga, but who made it and why? Sesshomaru was left to be the storyteller because Shinta was recovering from the battle. She had a few injuries but nothing fatal. Inuyasha had been treated as well.

Sesshomaru : I wanted revenge, even you should of figured that Inuyasha.

Miroku : okay, but what about that girl Shinta?

Inuyasha : and what ever happened to that other human you were with?

Sesshomaru : I found the girl in a village that had been destroyed. As for Ren she is in the care of an old woman.

Inuyasha : that doesn't make sense, you hate humans, especially me and I'm half.

Sesshomaru : I never said Shinta was human, she was adopted by the villagers when she was a baby.

Kikyo : The girl doesn't talk much, does that have something to do with the village being destroyed?

Sesshomaru : Shinta doesn't want to talk to anyone, the only thing she wants is to be left alone

Miroku : so you're saying she tries to shut herself out from everyone else, why would you want to do that?

Kagome : oh no, the Shikon Jewel! Naraku had the other half of it when he was destroyed!

Everyone turned as they heard footsteps. Shinta walked into the room, sitting down beside Sesshomaru. She then pulled something out of the sleeve of her kimono, holding it out to Kagome. Kagome took the thing that was in Shinta's hand, only to realize that it was the other half of the Shikon Jewel.

Inuyasha : you sly fox, Naraku didn't even know you had taken the shards from him!

Shinta only smiled. Kagome gave both halves of the jewel to Kikyo who then put both pieces together. Shinta suddenly frowned, taking her sword from her sheath, she threw it towards the door. It had made contact with something and everyone rushed outside to see what it was.

Shinta : thought so....

There was a demon lying on the ground. It was slowly getting up, but before it was standing Inuyasha killed using his Tetsuiga. Shinta picked up her sword, putting it back into its sheath. Inuyasha then looked at Shinta, confused.

Inuyasha : why didn't you kill that thing, like when you killed Naraku?

Shinta : that was Yoko.

Inuyasha : huh?!?

Miroku : you mean like some kind of split personality?

Sesshomaru : An ancient spirit.

Inuyasha : so "Yoko" killed Naraku

Sesshomaru : nothing gets past you does it Inuyasha?

Sango looked up at hearing the name Yoko. Being a demon slayed she had heard about ancient demons who were killed by the elders of her village. One such slayer had told her about how Yoko had been destroying villages, leaving nothing left.

Sango : But how can that be? The slayers in my village killed Yoko a long time ago.

Shinta : Yoko made a promise, she promised she would get revenge on Naraku before she died. The slayers almost killed her, but she lived, Naraku then found her and finished her off. When he discovered Yoko was still alive he tried to get rid of her again so he attacked the village.

Sesshomaru : in other words, Naraku tried to destroy her before she became a threat.

Inuyasha : couldn't Yoko just leave your body?

Miroku : no when Yoko entered Shinta's body their spirits merged together.

Kagome : but its still possible for Yoko to take control of Shinta's body.

Shinta looked up at the sky. The wind carried an unpleasent scent. She then looked over to Sesshomaru.

Shinta : something isn't right.

Sesshomaru : yes, we should leave this place now.

Sesshomaru and Shinta started to walk away. They didn't plan to stay a moment longer, but Sesshomaru stopped and looked back at his brother.

Sesshomaru : this isn't over Inuyasha, we will fight again, even if we're working together.

Inuyasha : bring it on

Sesshomaru just turned around and started walking away again. Inuyasha watched until they were out of sight.