InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ Breaking In ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- I do not own YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura. They are the property of their respected owners. Well here's the first chapter. Thank You! I really don't like how this turned out but oh well.
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'- this won't come in for a while
Flashback
Chapter 9- Breaking In
 
“Have you lost it!” Hotaru shouted, standing suddenly. Keiko blinked at her. “What! It's a good plan.” Hotaru nodded. “Yeah, if you want to get us all killed! Again!”
 
The four girls were gathered around Kagome's living room. They had been thrilled when they'd learned they could get their powers back, key word being `had.' Then she'd told them how. Yeah, that didn't go down to well. Hotaru spun around to look at Kagome. “Don't tell me you agree with her?!”
 
Kagome nodded, “I've gone over it. This could work.” Tomoyo looked up slowly, almost as if she was afraid. “I think it's a good plan.” She whispered softly, almost like she didn't want to be heard. Eyes widened Hotaru turned towards the younger girl. “Not you too.” She groaned lightly and hung her head. Sighing she turned back to Keiko who was standing in the doorway. “Okay, I'll admit. Getting the counter to the seal on our powers from that scroll was a good idea.” Keiko crossed her arms over her chest, looking almost smug. “But why do we have to break into the Reikai?!” Hotaru continued.
 
Keiko rolled her eyes. “Because the scroll is being housed in the Spirit World and I don't think their just going to let us leave with it.” She stated dryly. Hotaru rolled her own eyes and glared before turning to Kagome. “If we fail?” she asked. “We'll most likely spend the rest of our lives in jail.” Hotaru looked at her. “Oh is that it? Fine I'm all ears.” Keiko sighed. “Hotaru, I think your forgetting something.” Hotaru looked over at her. “Really, what's that?” Keiko smirked. “In this lifetime, most of my friends work for the Spirit World.”
 
 
“Hey Botan!” Keiko shouted as she ran forward. Botan turned to her, curiosity in her eyes. Keiko stopped before her and grinned. “I need a favor.” She whispered.
 
Once they were in the air Botan looked over her shoulder at Keiko. “Why do you need to get to the Spirit World?” Keiko grinned, “Oh no reason really. I just need to give a good yelling to Koenma about constantly stealing my boyfriend away.” Botan laughed lightly and nodded, turning around to steer the oar through the portal.
 
“I'll get Botan to give me a ride to the Spirit World. Once there I'll keep the doors open for you. Hotaru, since your major is over death you should be able to open a portal. Don't take to long.”
 
Keiko grinned as Botan set her down just inside the gates to the Reikai. “Don't worry Botan, I know my way.” Botan looked over at her in confusion. “You do?” Keiko nodded. “Yeah I'll be fine. I'm sure you have business to take care of.” Botan nodded, and although she still seemed a bit unsure, she left.
 
Biting her lip Keiko walked to the door and pushed it open. As quick as the shadows Kagome, Hotaru, and Tomoyo ran though the small opening. Letting the gate fall shut she turned towards her friends. “Last chance.” She whispered. No one made a move to leave. Grinning she turned and walked though the complex halls.
 
“The scroll should be in the library. However because of its contents it will more than likely be in the back under well armed guards. Getting through them without setting off the alarm will be the tricky part. We don't want them to realize the scroll's been stolen until we're already gone.”
 
Keiko walked though the long isles of books, eyes careful as she walked farther back. “This is creepy. It's like no one's here.” Tomoyo whispered as she looked around. `I'm glad about that but she's right. Something's wrong.' Turning a corner she stopped and ducked back around it. “Found it.” She whispered. Kagome nodded and walked forward. “One of the nice things about being a priestess is the stuff you learn.”
 
She drug into her pocket and pulled out a clear powder. “Sleeping powder. Once hit with a concentrated amount of power it'll become clear, impossible to see. It works fast and long, we'll be in and out before they even come close to waking up. Just don't breathe it in.” They nodded and held their breath as Kagome turned the corner and blew on it softly, scattering it. The minute it left her hand it disappeared. Turning she motioned with her hand and the others followed her.
 
“Now Enma would never trust giving the keys to the guards so we're going to have to do it by hand.”
 
Kneeling in front of the door Keiko traced her hands down the crack between the two doors. Keiko frowned and let out a low whistle. She listened to the sound ring around her till it hitched. Grinning she straightened and walked to the center of the left door. She trailed her hands down and around the circle in the middle. Placing her ear next to the door she turned the circle. Left three notches then a click, right five, then nine left again till she heard something unravel. Pushing at the door, she grinned as it slid open.
 
Gently she closed the door behind her and looked around. Or at least she tried. She frowned and tried to focus her eyes to the dark. “Hey guys.” She called. She listened as four grunts answered her. Wait… four! “Heads up!” she shouted and heard something crash to her left. Where Tomoyo had been. “Tomoyo?!” she called. Her eyes widened as she felt the air change directions. Ducking down she rolled to the left as something hit the wall behind her. “Someone find that damn light!” she shouted.
 
Off to her left a light flickered on and she saw Kagome holding a small lighter. She watched as the girl threw it up and the flame cast its light on the demon before her before it went out. It reminded her of Bui from the Dark Tournament, only a lot bigger. Hearing the lighter hit the ground she ran in that direction, grabbing it off the ground as she went. Flicking it on, she turned and headed towards the demon. She jumped to the side as the demon made a nice hole where she'd just been. Taking the opportunity she ran up his arm and tucked the lighter into his armor. Jumping off, she reeled around. “Okay, we know where he is. Any ideas?” Kagome asked from somewhere off to her left. Everyone froze as the sound of a gun shot echoed though the room. Suddenly the lights flickered on and the demon fell to the ground. Keiko blinked and turned around to see Tomoyo standing a ways away from her, a gun held loosely in one hand. Keiko stared at her. “Do I even want to know where you've been hiding that thing? Or where you got it for that matter.” Tomoyo grinned and shook her head. Keiko sighed and looked down the long rows of scrolls.
 
“Now there's going to be a lot of scrolls once we get in there but the one we're looking for should be protected by a barrier. Kagome, that's where you come in, me and Tomoyo can't sense anything so you're going to have to find it and remove it.”
 
Keiko turned her head and stared at Kagome as the girl walked down the aisles, brushing her hand against the shelves. She stopped suddenly and pulled her hand back, nodding slightly. “Found it.” She whispered. A smile crossed her face. “How ironic and completely idiotic.”
 
Keiko walked over to her. “What do you mean?” Kagome turned toward them, “The barrier on this thing is one of mine. I created the design during the battle with Naraku. It's easy to take down, it's just supposed to hold off blunt force attacks.” Keiko rolled her eyes as Kagome reached forward and pressed her fingers against the barrier. The minute she did sparks ran up her arm, creating burns and rips in her clothing. Kagome bit her lip and pushed her power forward, untangling the spell that held it in place. As the power died down she reached in and pulled out one of the five scrolls on the shelf. She waved a hand over the space and an identical scroll appeared. Keiko raised an eyebrow. “An illusion spell, something I remembered from when we were `hired help.'” Keiko grinned and nodded. “We should get out of here.” Tomoyo whispered.
 
Keiko nodded and turned to Hotaru. The girl nodded and pulled out a small pen. In a flash of violet light the girl was dressed in a white and purple sailor fuka. “Until I get my powers back I'll have to be in this form to use most of my powers. Now I don't think opening a portal in here would work to well.” Keiko nodded and turned and walked out. Sealing the door behind her she looked down at the sleeping guards and shook her head. “I'll go find Botan, you guys get out of here, okay?” They nodded lightly.
 
“I'll have to have Botan give me a ride back so things don't get complicated later. I'll meet you all at Kagome's temple.”
 
“Botan!” Keiko called and waved her hand as she ran. Botan turned toward her with a smile. “Ready to go home?” Keiko nodded. “Yeah, thanks for this. You have no idea what you've done.” At Botan's blank look she smiled, “I really needed to yell at someone. Thanks.” Botan nodded and they left. `I wasn't lying. You really have no idea what you've done. I'm sorry I had to use you like this Botan.' She thought.