InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ Games and Studies ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Your all going to kill me once you finish reading this. Disclaimer- I do not own YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura. They are the property of their respected owners. Well here's the first chapter. Thank You!
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'- this won't come in for a while
 
Chapter 8- Games and Studies
 
Ami sighed and followed the younger girl, shaking her head. “You know, Hotaru,” she called, watching as the girl paused and looked back at her. “This place sure is a long walk just to go someplace to study.” Hotaru smiled and nodded, “I know, but I really don't care.”
 
Ami sighed again, but didn't make another move to complain. Instead she looked up at her friend and examined her. The girl was changing rapidly, before their eyes. Hotaru's normal subdued personality had seemingly vanished in the last few weeks, replaced by an outgoing young lady, despite the occasional odd whisper and sometimes rude comment. Usagi had been thrilled by the change, as had everyone else, including every member of her family. It seemed she was the only person that was unsettled by the change but when she'd mentioned it they merely stared at her until Usagi, brainless as ever, stated that she was merely jealous that Hotaru had, had the strength to do something she couldn't. That had hurt but she hadn't said anything, merely stood quietly, and made a move to the door. So when Usagi had the nerve to ask what was wrong she had merely stared at her, different than the stare she received, which had been confused and slightly concerned. No, hers was a cold, almost blank stare, and she knew that from the way the blonde flinched back. After that incident, which had been a week ago, Ami hadn't talked to Usagi again, or the other inners when they tried to defend her, saying the ice senshi was being stubborn and rude.
 
Ami bit her lip and forced the thoughts away, looking back at Hotaru. And maybe she was acting slightly stand off-ish because it seemed that as Hotaru got more daring she also got more distant, like the group didn't know her anymore and so Hotaru didn't want to know them. Or it could just be her, as she was the only one to notice. But as she stared at the girl walking ahead of her she noticed that she was changing in appearance as well. The hair that once was only at her shoulders now ran down her back, flowing in the air as she skipped. When it settled it landed at the end of her shoulder blades and was slowly losing the dark violet sheen it had. Also, the girl now moved with a confident grace and carried herself with a calm dignity.
 
Hotaru stopped at the entrance to something and waved at her, her eyes shining an almost unearthly violet. Ami eyes narrowed, something was off about the girl, and she didn't like it. However once she got to the girl she softened her features and stared at her with soft warmth. Hotaru smiled at her and walked into the park, the same one she'd chased her new friends in two weeks ago. Walking around, she scanned the area to find a nice place to study. Out the corner of her eye she saw a bright flash of red and shifted her body in that direction, completely forgetting she was supposed to study.
 
Hotaru stopped in front of the redhead and smiled down at him. Kurama looked up at her from the book he was reading and smiled at her. Hotaru tilted her head and her smile gained a dark undertone. “Where is he?” Kurama blinked and tilted his head to the side as realization dawned on him. “You do know he'll kill me if I tell you, right?” Hotaru's blank stare he sighed and pointed up at the tree he was leaning against.
 
Ami walked up beside her with a frown on her face. “Hotaru what are you doing?” she asked as Hotaru picked a rock and stepped back. Not answering the younger girl threw the rock into the tree and watched as it bounced of something in the branches. A minute later a boy in black, about Hotaru's height jumped down, glaring at her. “You!” he growled as he stared at her. “Are so dead.” He lunged at her but Hotaru sidestepped than took of running. She knew she was walking on dangerous ice, Keiko had told her the boy had the traditional speed of a fire demon. Her only hope was that Hiei didn't suddenly to forget the rules and use that speed. She knew she could dodge, she wasn't afraid of that. What she was afraid of was that her being able to keep up with him would reveal the fact that she was a demon. All the same she brushed it aside and kept running, slow enough to not drag suspicion and fast enough to keep ahead of him.
 
Ami stared at the two running around with wide eyes. Slowly she turned to stare at the redhead who was staring at them with slight amusement. Sighing she sat down next to him. “I'm sorry, she's not normally like this.” Kurama turned to her, confusion in his green eyes. “She's not?” he asked, tilting her head to the side. “She acted just like that when I met her.” Ami blinked and shrugged. “She's been a little strange these last few days. Some how this shouldn't surprise me.” Sighing she leaned against the tree and frowned. “I really need to stop doing that.” She whispered.
 
Kurama chuckled and held out is hand. “Kurama.” She smiled and accepted the hand. “Ami.” Smiling lightly Kurama turned his head and stared at Hiei as he chased Hotaru around. “May be we should stop them before Hiei really loses his temper.” He suggested and Ami nodded and stood up. Walking toward Hotaru she grabbed the younger girl's wrist as she passed by. Turning her around her held the girl in front of her. Maybe Hotaru should have been worried at the ease with which she did it, but she didn't. She looked up to see Kurama trying to calm the boy down but it didn't seem to work real well.
 
After they had managed to stop Hiei from trying to kill Hotaru they had settled down to study, Kurama offering to help. Hotaru looked between the two. About a half an hour later Ami stood up and stretched. Turning she smiled down at them. “I'll be right back. I know there's a deli across the street. I'll go grab some lunch, how's that sound?” Hotaru nodded while Kurama stood up. “Want me to come with you?” he asked. Ami shook her head. “It's just across the street, I'll be back in a minute.” Kurama nodded and sank back down.
 
They watched as Ami walked away before Hotaru leaned back against the tree. “Ne Hiei,” she called and hidden carefully among the branches Hiei stiffened. “Do you have any family?” she asked, already knowing the answer. Kurama froze while Hiei just fell right out of the tree. Hotaru stared at him with a puzzled expression. “Odd,” she whispered, feigning innocence. “I thought angels fell from the sky. Not demons.” She knew for a fact that if Kurama had anything in his mouth he would have choked on it. She grinned as Hiei twitched. “And I know your no angel, to sour for that.” Hiei growled and jumped to his feet. He probably would have chopped her head off if Kurama hadn't said something when he really should have just kept his mouth shut. “God, you two fight like an old married couple.” Hiei froze and then turned his glare to the redhead while Hotaru brushed a bright red. “Your one to talk.” Hiei seethed.
 
“Not good.” Hotaru whispered. “Yeah.” Hiei agreed, “The fox is about to lose that precious voice box of his.” Hotaru shook her head and when she spoke the pure panic in her voice grabbed both boys' attention. “No, that.” She whispered and the two followed the path her finger pointed. Kurama blinked when he noticed Ami walking though the entrance. “That's just Ami.” he said and looked over at Hotaru as the once again shook her head. “No not her. Them” Kurama looked closer and noticed a group of boys heading to cut in front of Ami. “Not good.” He agreed.
 
Hotaru's violet eyes narrowed and she bolted to her feet. She ran to her friend and by the time she got there the bluenette was already surrounded. Hotaru didn't think about it, just acted, something she'd been taught to do as a demon. Grabbing one man by his shoulder she kicked him roughly in the back of the knee, feeling the bone shatter. `Humans.' She thought. `So fragile. You have to be careful not to break them.'
 
She moved quickly through the hole and placed herself in front of Ami. “Now, just what do you all think your doing?” she asked. One man gave her a lazy, drugged smile. “Oh we just want some fun that's all. And she's pretty enough.” Anger boiled in her but before she could do anything someone hit the pressure point in his neck, sending him to the ground. Blinking she looked up to see Kurama standing above the male, disgust easily readable in his eyes. “Pathetic.” He hissed, less than pleased about his comment. “Why you…!” One of the men beside her shouted and ran at him. As he passed her Hotaru jumped and kicked him hard in the head. She winced when his head impacted the ground a bit too hard. `Easy Hotaru,' she thought. `Control yourself.'
 
The rest of them were taken care of in seconds. Well, expect the one trying to sneak up behind her. Hotaru spun around but both of them paused and blinked at each other when someone tapped on the man's shoulder. They both turned and stared at Keiko who was waving slightly who an idiotic grin on her face, Yusuke standing behind her looking at her like she was out of her mind. `Which she probably was.' Hotaru thought dryly. Before anyone could say anything Keiko curled her hand into a fist and hit the guy. Hotaru winced lightly, `That looks like it hurt.'
 
Keiko sighed and turned and pointed an accusing finger at Yusuke. “I have been hanging around you for too long!” she shouted and then spun around to point at Hotaru. “And you! Big trouble!” Hotaru blinked and shrugged lightly as she motioned to Ami. “I was trying to protect her.” She said. Keiko stared at Ami then looked back down at Hotaru. “She?” Hotaru nodded. “Blue.” Keiko responded, “M.” Hotaru nodded lightly. “But still, bit much.” Hotaru frowned and looked around at the boys around her. “Their own fault.” Keiko nodded. “Good point.” Hotaru looked up at her. “What was yours?” Keiko blinked. “I don't remember.” She looked at Yusuke. “What was my point?” At Yusuke's blank stare she shrugged and let the matter drop. “Come on.” She whispered and placed a hand on Hotaru's back and led her away, the others following.
 
Just as Ami was about to leave one of the men groaned. She stopped lightly and looked down at them, a cold glare on her face. The man caught the looked and tried to leave. Ami shook her head and ran ahead towards the others, slowing beside Kurama. He looked over at her but she waved the concern aside.
 
Awhile later Botan came over. “Yusuke, we think you missed one.” She whispered, keeping her voice light when she saw the others around them. Kurama sighed while Yusuke groaned and banged his head against the tree. “Again?” He whined, clearly not pleased. Botan nodded. “Come on Yusuke.” Kurama stated and grabbed him by the collar. In the end it took Botan and Kurama to drag him out, Hiei following in the trees. Ami blinked and looked down at Hotaru, who merely shrugged. “I think we should leave as well.” Ami whispered and they started to clean up the books lying around. Keiko waved goodbye as they started to walk in different directions.
 
The girl had too many stairs. That's what Keiko thought as she ran up them. Did all temples have this many stairs or was it just the ones she visited all the time? Oh, and she had to remember to thank Kurama for talking about seals and counter-seals when she walked into the room. Even if he had no idea what she was talking about.
 
The only time Keiko paused in running was when she stopped to unlock the girl's house door. Not even bothering to close the door behind her she ran into the living room to see Kagome sitting at the table flipping though a magazine. “I've got it!” Keiko shouted, joy decorating her voice. Kagome didn't even look up at her as she spoke, “Got what?”
 
Keiko grinned. “I know how to get our powers back.” Kagome paused and looked up at her. “What?” Keiko nodded. “All of them.” Her voice was breathless as she spoke. “But I don't think your going to like it.”