InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ Friends, Friends, Friends ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- I do not own YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura. They are the property of their respected owners. Well here's the first chapter. Thank You!
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'- this won't come in for a while
 
Chapter 7- Friends, Friends, Friends
 
Hotaru blinked and stared at the building in front of her. Slowly she shook her head, “You've got to be kidding me.” She whispered. She turned her head and stared at Kagome. “Are you sure this is the right address?” Kagome looked down at the piece of paper in her hand and nodded. “Yeah, this is the place.”
 
Sighing Hotaru opened the door and walked in. The diner was nice, with booths set up everywhere and a few games in the back. She scanned the room before noticing Keiko walking out from the kitchen. She looked up at her and smiled lightly, waving them over. They followed her as she sat down in an empty booth in the back. Sitting down, Hotaru looked around. “Where's Tomoyo?” Keiko blinked. “She wasn't with you?” They shook their heads.
 
Biting her lip she looked up as the door opened, laughter floating in. She blinked at the sight, what in the world? Sighing she stood up and walked toward Tomoyo. “Good to see you could make it, Tomoyo.” The girl looked up and smiled at her. Keiko smiled back and looked at the group that she'd come in with. “Hello Yusuke. This certainty's a surprise.” The boy nodded.
 
She looked down at the girl next to her. “Tomoyo, why don't you go see what you all want and I'll get it for you.” Tomoyo nodded and walked down to her friends at the table. She reeled back toward Yusuke. “Okay, what do you want?” Yusuke blinked at her and Kuwabara barged in. “Well we were passing by and then we saw this big limo pull up and that girl get out and we got curious. I didn't know you had such rich friends. Nor pretty ones.” Keiko sighed, and turned away. “Their not your type.” She called over her shoulder.
 
She walked out of the kitchen, easily carrying the food they'd ordered. She stopped and stared at the sight of Yusuke and his friends chatting away with the three girls. `So much for finishing our conversation.' She thought dryly. Walking over she placed the plates easily in front of them and looked over at the boys. “How's work?” she asked, clearly showing that if they didn't leave now she was going to put them in a very uncomfortable position. Yusuke blanched and shot her a glare while Kurama smiled lightly. “It's slowing down.” He obviously got what she was trying to say because he stood up. “Come on Yusuke, I think Keiko wants to talk with her friends.”
 
Yusuke growled and tugged on his sleeve hard, bringing him back down. “Well then she can say it in front of us, I want to talk with these girls.” Keiko sighed and gave the girls an apologetic smile. Pulling the seat up to the table she stared at Yusuke. “Well, talk.” He blinked slightly at her behavior but ignored it and shrugged. “Where in the world did you meet these people?” Keiko smirked. “Oh, we've known each other for a while.” Her eyes gained a devilish glint. “I guess you could say for a lifetime.” This seemed to be funny because the other three giggled slightly. Yusuke nodded slowly, “Riight.” He drawled out.
 
Kurama looked over at Tomoyo, confusion written clearly in his gaze. “You look oddly familiar.” Tomoyo blinked lightly and blushed, looking down. “My mother's the CEO of a major toy branch.” She whispered. Kurama nodded, “Daidouji Toy Company.” He whispered. She nodded slowly. Kuwabara blinked at her. “Wow, that means, your like major rich, right?” Keiko groaned softly, dropping her head onto the table. “Why don't we all just forget you said that and move on.” Kuwabara blinked dumbly while the boys nodded.
 
She didn't know how it happened but it did. Somehow they'd found their way to the park, all of them. Keiko sighed and watched as Tomoyo and Yusuke ran around. Kagome walked up to her, a dark glint in her eyes. “So these are the people you were telling us about.” It was a statement, not a question. Keiko nodded, “That obvious?” Kagome smiled. “Well, the loud-mouthed, ill-mannered, and reckless street-fighter is easily Yusuke. While you can tell that Kuwabara just screams the kind of idiot that would volunteer for the job and Hiei is the only gruff one in the group. The only one in the group that doesn't fit his description is Kurama, even though his aura is a bit off.” Keiko looked over at her, “I wouldn't know.” Kagome nodded and shrugged, turning her attention back to the group running around, which now included, Kuwabara, Kurama, and Hotaru.
 
They watched as Kurama reached out, trying to tag Tomoyo. The girl's move was quick and decisive, showing all the reflexes and ability she had as a demon. Tomoyo ducked down as his hand was just about to brush the back of her head. With a quick twist of her body she moved under his arm, coming up on his left. Of course, Kurama was also once a demon and easily switched his balance to one foot and swiped out to follow her movement. Tomoyo saw the change just as it happened and jumped straight up, flipping right over him. The minute her feet hit the ground she took off running. Hotaru paused momentary when she saw what happened, fear entering her eyes. The only reason it didn't strike the boy's as odd was because they'd seen Kurama do similar stuff all the time. That should have been their first clue.
 
Keiko groaned and banged her head against the tree behind her. Kagome laughed lightly and shook her head. “Even though she no longer has her powers, her reflexes have yet to diminish.” Kagome laughed again and walked away. Sometime during the game both her and Kagome were dragged in followed closely by a reluctant Hiei, who only joined once Hotaru ran up to the tree he was hiding in and threw a rock at him, proclaiming he was `it.' Yusuke laughed as he ran beside Keiko. “Oh, he is so going to kill her.” Keiko smiled, “Only if he can catch her and he won't because he's being forced to run at human speed.” They watched as Kurama was tagged, followed closely by Kuwabara who in turn tagged Keiko.
 
Grinning Keiko recalled the entire game and was surprised to find that though carefully planned tricks and turns Tomoyo had yet to be tagged. She changed her course from running after Yusuke to head for Tomoyo. Amethyst eyes glanced back at her and the younger girl smiled lightly. Pushing her hell into the ground Keiko tilted her body and jumped in such a way that she merely had to do it once more to get in front of the girl. Tomoyo backpedaled so she didn't run into her and off left. Although it had been a lifetime Keiko still knew the girl and was still able to pick up the tiny twitches in the muscles. So she was already up and running by the time Tomoyo had made her turn. Digging her feet into the ground she pushed off, jumping in front of the girl. She reached out and brushed her fingertips against the girl's arm, the touch as light as a feather but the girl accepted it. Her momentum kept her going and Keiko hit the ground rolling. She twisted her body and skittered to a halt on her feet. Keiko grinned and pushed herself up, knowing she was the closest target. “She's it!” she called, a large grin appearing on her face. That really should have been their second clue.
 
Awhile later they all lay spread out on the ground, breathing rapidly and wearing large grins. Except Hiei, who had jumped up into another tree towards the end of the game and even Hotaru, who had taken a shine to getting on his nerves every chance she got, didn't bother to pick on him. Laughing softly, Keiko sat up and looked at Yusuke, who was lying beside her. “Let's go back to the restaurant.” She whispered. He looked up at her, eyes soft and laughing. “Okay.”
 
Keiko grinned as they walked down the street. Her eyes narrowed when she saw Yusuke glance over at over Tomoyo with that look in his eye. The one that normally meant he was about to do something really stupid. “Ne, Tomoyo?” he asked, causing the girl to look up at him. “I was wondering, you like anyone?” Keiko was sure that if the girl had anything in her mouth at the moment she would have spit it out. “Yusuke!” she shouted.
 
Tomoyo gasped lightly, coming back to herself. “It's alright. And no, I don't.” she whispered. Yusuke looked down at her and grinned. “Okay, let me rephrase that. Anyone like you?” Tomoyo sighed and looked down. “I've lost count.” Yusuke laughed lightly. Kagome looked over at the girl, a smile on her face. “Hey Tomoyo, what are your friends like?”
 
Tomoyo smiled softly. “I really only have three close ones. Kinomoto Sakura-chan, Li Syaoran-kun, and Hiiragizawa Eriol-kun.” Keiko looked down at her, feigning hurt. “What about us, we aren't close?” Tomoyo smiled. “I wasn't counting you.” Keiko nodded and smiled. Tomoyo sighed and continued. “Sakura-chan is one of those people that are hard not to like. She doesn't know the meaning of the words selfish and hate. She hates math and is always late and for her you just don't care.”
 
Yusuke smiled, “Sounds like she has a lot of admirers.” Tomoyo laughed. “She does but she already has a boyfriend, Syaoran Li-kun. He's from Hong Kong. He moved here when we were in the fourth grade. You know it toke him two years to realize he liked her and another one to admit it.” She sighed and dropped her head into her hands. “And two days later he left for Hong Kong.” She groaned lightly while Kurama chuckled. “Sounds troublesome.” “It is!” Tomoyo shouted, throwing her hands up into the air. “Because I had to wait another two years for him to come back so she could respond. Seriously, that was a lot more complicated than it should have been.”
 
They laughed lightly and Kuwabara called out, “What about the last one?” everyone quieted while Tomoyo frowned at the ground. “Eriol-san is…a bit of a mystery. You think you know a lot about him when you really don't. He thinks of Sakura-chan like a daughter and loves to tease Syaoran-kun. He's very good at telling lies with Yamazaki and at playing the piano. He lives with his cousin, Akizuki-san and his cat, Spinal-san. He moved here from England.” She blinked. “That's all I know about him.” Yusuke snickered. “Sure sounds like a lot.” Tomoyo shook her head. “But it's not. At least, nothing important. I can tell you every person Sakura-chan has ever cared about and the names of Syaoran-kun's four sisters. I don't even know Eriol-san's birthday.” Keiko bit her lip. “She's got a point.” Yusuke shrugged, “Don't worry, there's probably nothing to tell.” Tomoyo nodded although she didn't seem convinced.
 
Keiko smiled and sat down in front of Kagome. The dark-haired girl looked up at her. “How they doing?” Keiko smiled and turned to look over her shoulder at the group. Tomoyo was playing one of the games in the back of the store while the rest cheered her on. Turning back around she shrugged, “Yusuke and Tomoyo are acting like they've known each other their whole lives. Hotaru seems to have a death wish with how easily she teases Hiei and Kurama and Kuwabara can get along with anybody.” Kagome nodded but didn't say anything. Keiko frowned, “Is everything okay?”
 
Kagome paused before answering. “We're changing.” She whispered. Keiko blinked dumbly at her. Slowly Kagome looked up at her, and Keiko was surprised to see her eyes were a bright blue. They flickered between blue and brown for a moment before settling on brown. “Keiko have you looked in the mirror lately?” she asked. “Your getting paler, your hair's getting longer, your eyes are darkening, and you're regaining that demonic sort-of beauty you once had. We're changing back to who we once were. How strong we were might have something to do with it because those two haven't changed yet but they will. I'm hoping it will slow down but it's not and I don't know what to do.” Her voice broke at the end and Keiko frowned. Had she really changed that much? “If we had our powers we could slow down the process ourselves but right now…” Keiko trailed off. Kagome nodded, “Someone's bound to notice something. It could be nobody or someone with a connection to Spirit World. And the minute they hear we're as good as dead.” Keiko slumped in her seat. “Again.” She mumbled.
 
The sound off something going off brought her back to reality. Blinking she turned around in her seat to see Yusuke patting her on the back. “You win?” she called, forcing a smile as the girl turned around. Tomoyo gave a bright smile and nodded. Keiko frowned when the smile faltered slightly and she followed the girl's gaze to see a limo parked out front. “Tomoyo, your rides here.” She said and leaned down, grabbing the bag the girl had brought in with her. Standing up she walked over to the girl and handed her, her bag and walked her out as she said soft goodbyes.
 
Keiko sighed later that evening after everyone had left. She couldn't get Kagome's words out of her head. She glanced in the mirror and winced. The girl was right, she was different. Her hair, once at her shoulders, was now down to the middle of her back. Picking up a strand she stared at it and could make out a few amberish pieces which would soon turn copper red. Looking back at the mirror she bit her lip, her once honey brown eyes now a dark chestnut color. God, this was not good. In a few weeks, a month at max, she'd looked just like Black had. She really, really needed her powers.