InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ Talking About Matters ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- I do not own YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura. They are the property of their respected owners. Well here's the first chapter. Thank You!
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'- this won't come in for a while
 
Chapter 6- Talking About Matters
 
Her tea was cold. That was what she'd learned. They were all sitting around in Blue's living room talking about nothing. Keiko sighed and pushed herself off the wall. “Okay Blue, this was your idea. What did you want to talk about?” There was a minute's pause before she spoke. “Kagome.” Keiko blinked, “What?” Kagome looked up at her, brown eyes dark and serious. “My name. It's Kagome Higurashi.”
 
Keiko nodded slowly. “Okay. Introductions are always a good start. I was named Keiko Yukimura.” Hotaru looked up. “Keiko? They named you Keiko?” Keiko nodded. “Oh god I feel sorry for you. I was named Hotaru Tomoe.” They smiled. “Fitting.” Tomoyo whispered. Hotaru looked over at her. “What about you?” Tomoyo bit her lip. “It's Tomoyo now. Daidouji Tomoyo.”
 
Hotaru frowned. “Daidouji? As in the Daidouji Toy Company?” Tomoyo nodded slowly. “Yeah, my mom's the CEO.” Hotaru whistled, “Now that's impressive.” Tomoyo shrugged lightly.
 
Keiko walked forward. Placing her cup on the table she looked around. “Do any of you have your powers? Because I certainly don't.” While Tomoyo shook her head Hotaru and Kagome raised their hands. “Why just you two?” They shrugged lightly. “Fate, I guess.” Kagome said. When everyone looked at her weirdly she merely shrugged. “Well, Hotaru told us last time that she was the Sailor of Saturn. And I, well, I became a Miko.” Keiko narrowed her eyes, but didn't question it. Instead she asked, “Any one tell their friends?”
 
Hotaru shook her head. “Bad idea to tell mine. Being senshi and all.” Keiko nodded and looked over at Tomoyo. “They get themselves caught in some weird stuff, but demons. Their still legends.” Keiko stared at her, “What do you mean `weird stuff'?” Tomoyo bit her lip and looked down. “Their mages, the strongest in the world. Seriously.”
 
Keiko groaned, “Great, just great. What about you?” she asked, turning her head to Kagome. “My friends aren't here.” Keiko arched an eyebrow. “Then where are they?” Kagome looked away. “500 years in the past.” She whispered. “The past?” Keiko asked, staring at her. “Your friends are 500 years in the past?” Kagome nodded lightly.
 
“How did you get five hundred years in the past? Your major's of the heart and soul, not time.” Kagome nodded, “There's a well in the back.” Keiko groaned and dropped her head into her hands. “I don't even want to know.” Tomoyo looked over at her. “What about you? Did you tell your friends?”
 
Keiko shook her head. “Telling them, very bad idea.” Kagome arched an eyebrow. “How so?” Keiko winced, “Their Spirit Detectives.” Tomoyo's eyes widened, Hotaru hit her head against the table in front of her, and Kagome gapped at her. “You…” Kagome managed. Hotaru looked up, “Your friends with Reikai puppets?” she hissed. Keiko glared, “Their not puppets. Not like the first ones were. Things change. The current Spirit Detective is a loud-mouthed, ill-mannered, and reckless street-fighter who can't stand Koenma and is constantly ranting about his job even though you can tell he likes it cause it gives him a reason to beet someone up. Things have changed.”
 
They stared at her for a minute before bursting out laughing. “Ko-Koenma… made a street punk into…a Spirit Detective?” Kagome asked between laughs. Keiko smiled, “Only because he had the uncanny ability to die when he's not supposed to.” Tomoyo straightened, quelling her laughter into soft chuckles. “What about the others? You said there was more than one.” Keiko smiled and sat down. “One's an idiotic delinquent who actually volunteered. Another's a demon-turned-human criminal on parole. And the last is a grumpy fire demon who wouldn't tell his sister he's her brother.”
 
Kagome bit her lip but it didn't work and she burst out laughing again. “Y-You certainly…know how to choose…the weirdest friends.” She laughed. Keiko smiled “What about you?” Kagome sat up and grinned. “One's a half-breed who can't stand his own brother; another's a parentless fox kit. The last two are a demon exterminator and a perverted monk.” Keiko shook her head. “And you say I have weird friends?” she whispered.
 
It continued like this until Keiko looked out the window and at the setting sun. “I think it's time we left.” They nodded, looking slightly sleepy. Keiko looked down at them and grinned. “How far do you guys live?” Hotaru looked up, “Not far, why?” Keiko didn't answer and looked over at Tomoyo. She shrugged. “I live pretty far but I can get here quickly if I need to.”
 
Keiko nodded and walked away into the kitchen. When she came back there was a small notepad in her hand that she was trying to right on. “Well then, tomorrow, if you can, try to meet me at this address.” She pulled the sheet off and ripped it into three, handing one to each. “Say around noon.”
 
They nodded and put them away. Tomoyo looked over at Kagome, “Can I borrow your phone?” at Kagome's nod the younger girl left the room. Keiko smiled lightly, “I like this. It's nice.” The two looked over at her in confusion. She shrugged, “Being able to see you guys, to know your okay. To know the truth. It's nice.” Hotaru nodded as Tomoyo walked back in. “Hey where do you guys live?” they blinked. “Why?” Hotaru asked. Tomoyo walked forward and grabbed her hand, pulling her out the door, the other two following her. “So I can drop you off.” They blinked. The girl rolled her eyes. “I called home, someone's coming to pick me up and willing to drop you two off.” “Oh.” They said.
 
Keiko smiled and stepped out of the limousine in front of her house. Before she shut the door she looked inside, staring at the other to. Hotaru had the window seat, leaning her forehead against the glass. Tomoyo was already asleep, laid out on the other seat. The girl had previously been sitting next to her and had fallen asleep in the brunette's lap. “Good night.” She whispered and shut the door, walking to the door. Tomorrow, she decided, was going to be fun.