InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ Attacks ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ah, Florida during the summer. Sun, beaches, and lots of tourists. Plus the one thing they never tell you about, the damn thunderstorms. It knocked out my computer three times when I tried to write this chapter. Damn it all. And just so you know, Botan has no idea what their mission is. Disclaimer- I do not own YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura. They are the property of their respected owners.
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'
:;Keiko's little fantasy:;
 
Chapter 13- Attacks
 
She didn't really know where she was running to; her feet had a mind of their own. She wasn't about to protest because she couldn't the link to work. `Damn freaking wards!' she mentally shouted. “Tomoyo!” Someone shouted behind her. She didn't stop running. She did slow slightly at the next shout. “Grey!”
 
She turned to see to Hotaru running towards her. The girl stopped in front of her, not even breathing heavily. `Aw, the benefits of being a demon.' She vaguely thought. Hotaru looked up at her, a wild look in her eyes. “The boy's, they-”
“They know, I know.”
“Keiko, she goes-”
“To the same school as Yusuke.”
“Can you-”
“Can't get a thing. One or more are using wards.”
“Yes, that and a jagan.”
 
They whirled around to see Kurama and Hiei standing behind them. Kurama reached into his hair, pulling a rose out while Hiei's sword was unsheathed. Kurama smiled politely. “I'm sorry but we can't let you go. I'm sure you understand.” Eyes narrowed, Tomoyo moved closer to Hotaru. “You trust me?” Hotaru looked over at her. “With my life.” Tomoyo gave a wicked smile. “Good.” She weaved her fingers though the other girl's, the illusion falling as she pulled in the power she needed. Hotaru's eyes widened when her feet lift off the ground. “We don't have the time to play, sorry.” Tomoyo said as her powers lifted her ground. The boys watched them go. “Well that certainly was unexpected.” Kurama whispered. “You can make it if you run.” He whispered as he looked down at Hiei. The boy nodded and ran ahead, Kurama following at a pace that just bordered the human speed limit.
 
Kagome touched down on the roof, not liking the site in front of her. Yusuke was hovering over Keiko who was kneeling on the ground, her hands wrapped around her stomach and eyes staring blankly ahead. She watched as Yusuke raised his hand and pointed at Keiko, a blue light starting to emanate from his finger. His eyes softened, “I'm sorry Keiko. Spirit gun.” He whispered. Before the attack could hit her, Kagome pushed her to the side, letting them roll to a stop. She pushed herself up and looked at Yusuke, one hand on each side of Keiko's body. “You won't touch her.” Kagome hissed. The door to the roof opened and Hiei and Kuwabara walked in followed a minute later by Kurama. The redhead smiled at him. “I'm sorry Yusuke. Koenma failed to mention that the little ones could fly.” Kagome blinked at them and pushed herself to her feet, standing in front of Keiko who hadn't moved. “That's because they can't.” she whispered.
 
“That's because we didn't.” They turned toward the new voice. Tomoyo stood easily on top of the fence while Hotaru sat next to her, her feet dangling over the edge. Tomoyo smiled and jumped off the fence, landing easily on her feet. Her and Hotaru walked over to Kagome, taking positions on either side of her. Hotaru looked back at Keiko. “She's in shock.” Kagome whispered. “She hasn't moved since I got here.” Hotaru nodded and looked back at Yusuke. Tomoyo glanced side long at all of them and sighed. “Kagome, take care of Yusuke. Hotaru and I can handle the other three.” She stated as she turned and locked eyes with Kurama. Kagome blinked and slowly raised her hand. “Hey, wasn't I supposed to be in charge when Black got herself knocked out?” Tomoyo smiled and summoned her gun, not bothering to answer. Sighing Kagome focused on Yusuke while Hotaru walked over to Tomoyo. Hotaru smiled and summoned her glaive. “You know,” she whispered. “It's not that we don't care.” Tomoyo continued. “It's just that we can never forgive you!” They finished and ran at them.
 
Keiko lay where she was, not moving and unaware of what was going on around her. :;Keiko smiled as she walked to school. “Hey Keiko!” she turned and smiled as Yusuke ran up to her, dressed in his normal green school uniform. She sighed, “Yusuke, you do know that the school uniform is blue right?” Yusuke nodded and motioned with his hand to follow her. Keiko just shook her head. “Oi, Urameshi!”
 
They stopped and turned to see Kuwabara standing a little ways away from them, his gang coming up behind him. “What do you want, Kuwabara?” Yusuke asked, sarcasm dripping from his voice. Kuwabara walked up to them and stated proudly, “Today is the day I defeat you.” Yusuke raised an eyebrow and, much to Keiko's shock, flipped the boy off. “Dream on Kuwabara.”
 
Kuwabara growled and attempted to hit him. This started the normal fight, only it seemed much more brutal. “My, is it always like that?” Blinking, Keiko turned and saw a young woman standing on the other side of the street. Her eyes widened as she saw Kurama walk over to her and place his hand on her shoulder, whispering softly in her ear. The woman nodded and they started to walk away. Keiko's eyes widened when she caught the look Kurama shot at Yusuke. Instead of the normal recognition and gentle amusement there was nothing but disgust and pity.
 
Keiko turned back to the fight only to see Yusuke walking back over to her, Kuwabara lying on the ground behind him with what looked like several broken bones. Keiko shot him a worried look but let Yusuke walk her away. As they walked Keiko noticed that there was a building there she didn't remember. She stopped and looked at it, confusion on her face. “Has this always been here?” she asked as Yusuke stopped and looked back at her. “Yeah, what are you? Blind or something?” Keiko frowned and looked over at him. `Something…isn't right.' She thought. “Yusuke, something's wrong.” She whispered. Yusuke frowned and turned to walk over to her. He reached a hand out but Keiko jerked back, staring at Yusuke in horror. “You're not Yusuke.” She whispered. “This is all wrong. This building was destroyed during construction when Toguro gave you your invitation to the Dark Tournament. This isn't real!” she shouted.
 
Yusuke bit his lip and looked at her with this pleading look in his eyes that Keiko almost forgot what she was talking about. Almost. “Please Keiko.” Yusuke whispered. “If you don't realize the truth we can stay like this forever. You don't have to leave.” Keiko shook her head and smiled sadly at him. “But I do. My friends are waiting for me. I'm sorry.” She whispered. Yusuke's eyes widened and he shattered like glass followed almost immediately by all the surrounding area.:;
 
Keiko sat up and looked around her. Kagome had just gotten slammed against the fence by a spirit gun and said fence had given way. She watched as Kagome fell over the edge before reappearing, the wind weaving itself through her hair. Kagome smiled and landed back on the roof. On Keiko's other side Hotaru had just caused a long rip in Kuwabara's sleeve before Kurama's Rose Whip wrapped around the long pole of her glaive and jerked it out of her hands. The sound of a gun going off filled the air as the bullet snapped the whip in half and the glaive clattered to the floor. Hotaru ran forward and grabbed it in time to block Hiei's sword.
 
Keiko frowned, “Stop it.” She whispered. “Stop it.” She said. “I said, Stop it!” she shouted. And they did. Everyone just froze. Keiko pushed herself up and walked over to Tomoyo. She tucked the girl's hair behind her ear and leaned down to whisper into it. “That's enough. Stand down and report to Kagome's temple.” She straightened and walked towards the door. She didn't look back until she was in the front yard of the school. She stopped and looked up. She couldn't see anything of the fight but the piece of fence that had broken off was frozen in mid. air. The few students that wandered the yard were also unmoving, some having stopped in the middle of walking. Smiling she turned and looked out at the street where everything was still running. She just hoped no one noticed. She walked out, everything resuming as if it had never stopped.
 
Tomoyo's eyes widened as she suddenly felt disoriented. Something had changed. She cast a look over her shoulder at where Keiko had been and swore. “She did it again!” she called. The other two girls responded non to lightly. “I'm going to kill that girl when I see her. Always running off and leaving us behind.” Kagome hissed. Tomoyo frowned as the after effect of what Keiko had done caught up with her. The brunette's words echoed in her ear. She flipped over Kuwabara and landed beside Hotaru. Reeling in her power the gun in her hand disappeared and she weaved her fingers though Hotaru's. “Kagome, follow me.” She shouted and lifted up off the ground. Before any one could stop her they were already high in the sky.
 
Yusuke groaned and pushed himself up as the others flew away. “God that hurt. I really don't want to fight them when their serious.” Kuwabara walked over, limping slightly. “You mean they weren't serious Urameshi. Could `a fooled me.” Kurama brushed himself off and looked up. “Well it stands to reason that if they were serious we'd be dead by now. That's why Enma choose us. Because they would never really hurt us.” Hiei snorted. “He just never counted on our own feelings holding us back.” Kurama laughed. “Yes I say that levels the playing field a bit. Although I was worried when Keiko didn't respond at first. However that little trick with time was interesting.” Yusuke looked over at him. “So what do we do now?” Kurama grinned. “We go look for them.”
 
Hotaru looked around as Tomoyo set her down, Kagome landing behind her. Keiko was already there waiting for them. She stood up and walked over. “Everyone okay?” Kagome nodded. “Little worn, highly shaken, and depressed but we're alive.” Keiko smiled and nodded. She shook her head lightly. “Well that could have gone better.” She whispered. She turned her head towards Hotaru. “I want to know how they found out.” She looked over at Tomoyo. “And why they attacked us.” The two nodded. Keiko turned and locked eyes with Kagome. “And you. Do a round robin.” Kagome nodded and they walked into the girl's house.
 
Yusuke walked out of Keiko's house with a frown on his face. “Nothing huh.” Kuwabara muttered. Yusuke looked up and shook his head. “That's just it. Kagome called and said they'd be spending the night at Hotaru's. I didn't think they were that stupid.” Kurama shook his head. “That's because their not. They did a round robin. Their not at Hotaru's house. It's a mere distraction. They probably went to where ever Reikai felt that huge amount of reiki.” Yusuke nodded. “So we go to Reikai and track down that energy.” Kurama shook his head again. “Yusuke it was you who wanted to give them time to think of something to do. Going straight to Reikai won't give them that time.” Yusuke reeled on him. “Then what do you want to do!?” Kurama grinned and walked forward. “We follow this little round robin of theirs.”