InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ Last Ditch Effort ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You know, I just realized that every show has a temple in it. Kagome lives in one. Genkai lives in one. Rei lives in one. And Kaho lives in one. God, that's weird. Disclaimer- I do not own YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura. They are the property of their respected owners.
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'
 
Chapter 14-Last Ditch Effort
 
Tomoyo sighed and whispered the spell under her breath, the ancient words flowing off her tongue with practiced ease. She took a step back and looked up, watching as a blue sun appeared briefly in between the arch before disappearing. She shook her head and turned, looking up the long flight of stairs. Biting her lip, she felt her feet leave the ground and she let herself float up the steps.
 
Landing on the top she looked around the barren grounds of Kagome's temple. Hotaru and Keiko were inside the house while Kagome was… somewhere. She looked around before locking onto to the girl's aura and following it. She pushed the door to the small shed open and stepped inside. Kagome was walking around the walls, looking at some of the scrolls that lined it. In the middle of the room was a dried up old well. She walked toward it, trailing one hand over the edge. “This the well that took you to the past?” she asked.
 
Kagome looked over at her in surprise before nodding. “Yeah, there's some sort of seal on it. I'm hoping I can undo it but so far no such luck. I don't even recognize the seal so.” She shrugged lightly, trailing off. Tomoyo nodded, her eyes still focused on the well in front of her. Frowning she reached forward and wiped her hand over the empty space inside the well. Her eyes darkened and the illusion dropped a bit, long hair dropping before lifting off her back with the power being pushed out. Off to her left Kagome froze and turned back to her. Tomoyo's eyes were now completely unfocused and her hand was glowing a dark violet. Slowly the power died away and Tomoyo's eyes cleared. She blinked and pulled back slightly, staring at the well in confusion. “That seal… I know it.” She whispered.
 
Kagome chocked, “Excuse me?!” Tomoyo nodded, not looking at her. “It's one of the more complicated ones, normally only known by the four lords of the Makai.” Kagome arched an eyebrow. “It's three lords of the Makai now. And if what your saying is true how do you know it?” Tomoyo's head shot up. “Three?! What do you mean three?” Kagome blinked, “The lords of the north, south, and west. The eastern lands are neutral grounds now. Hey, you didn't answer my question!” Tomoyo bit her lip and looked down. “So that's what became of them.” she whispered.
 
Kagome growled, “Are you going to answer me or not?” Tomoyo stood up from where she was sitting against the well. “I can undo the seal but it may take awhile. If I rush it I can have it done by the end of the day or less.” She stated as she headed towards the door. “Wha- but, my question.” Tomoyo smiled. “That's great; I'll go tell Keiko the plan.”
 
Koenma stared at them, just stared. “And it took you an entire day to figure this out, why?!” Yusuke shrugged, “Hey, give us a break. I'm still not to keen on attacking my friends. Just be glad we didn't go AWOL on you!” Koenma's eyes narrowed before he sighed. “We weren't able to get an exact location but there is a shine in the area. That's probably where they are. Botan can give you a ride.” Yusuke nodded and they started to walk away. “Yusuke.” Yusuke stopped and looked over his shoulder at Koenma. Amber eyes looked up at him. “Be careful. Reports show their already at a high B class.” Yusuke nodded and they turned and walked away. After they'd left Koenma started to bang his head against the table. Stopping he sighed and slid his eyes open to stare at the floor. “Good luck. To the both of you.”
 
Keiko shook her head. “Are you sure? I mean, can't we just run away? Tomoyo's got enough money. We can make completely new identities.” Kagome looked at her, “And where would we go that the Spirit World wouldn't find us?” Keiko nodded slowly. “Good point. But hiding in the past?” Kagome nodded. “Tomoyo's already working on removing the seal. It that, or we're going to have to kill them.” “No!” Keiko shouted. Kagome nodded slowly. “I thought so.”
 
Yusuke slowly looked up the long flight of stairs. “God, why do these temples have so many freaking stairs?” Kuwabara nodded. “Well, let's get going.” Kurama held out a hand. “Wait a minute.” Yusuke looked over at him, “What's wrong?” Kurama bit his lip and leaned down, picking up a rock. He threw it and had to step to the side as the rock was thrown back at him by a shield. “Yeah, let's try things my way.” Yusuke gulped and nodded. Kurama reached out his aura and grinned when the energy slid past. He reached out and brushed his aura against some of the plants. Vines shot out and pushed through the barrier, making a hole for them to pass through. “Better.” Kurama whispered.
 
Keiko zipped the bag closed and threw it over her shoulder. She walked down into the living room when Tomoyo's voice echoed in her head. `Hey guys, someone just broke though my barrier. You should get in here.' Keiko raced to the front door, finding Kagome already outside. “Hotaru went ahead.” Kagome whispered and took the bag from her. As they ran towards the shed a voice broke though the courtyard. “Keiko!” The brunette stopped and looked over to see Yusuke and the others reach the top of the stairs. She turned back towards Kagome. “Go.” The Miko looked uncertain but nodded and left.
 
Slowly Keiko turned to face the boys as they stopped a little ways away. Her image flickered and shuttered before the human appearance disappeared altogether. Long red hair flowed like silk down her back and coal black eyes stared at them without feeling. Ear's enhanced and came to a point while nails grew and sharpened. The long blue school uniform was replaced by a ragged purple tank top and ripped blue jeans. Every ounce of the human was gone. The Black Rose had finally been completely reborn.
 
Kurama winced at the waves of Youki that flowed from the girl. “Careful. That's not Keiko anymore.” The girl smirked and held up her hand. An ice crystal formed and grew into a sword. She grasped it and pointed it at them, almost daring. Hiei growled and drew his own sword. His image blurred and disappeared before reappearing in front of her. She avoided most of the strikes before brining her sword up and with a swift move of her wrist had Hiei's sword pinned to the ground. He looked up at her with wide eyes and the girl smirked. “Your good.” She whispered. “I'm better.” She flicked her wrist and the sword went flying. She brought her sword up and slashed down, merely cutting through the boy's after image.
 
Kurama bit his lip and stared at her. “Okay, try this.” The plants behind him withered slightly before shooting forward toward the girl. The sword in her hand disappeared and she brought her hand up. As the plants neared her they froze, ice coating the lengths. Kurama's eyes widened. The redhead smirked at him. “Not bad. But you'll need to do better.”
 
Kuwabara growled and ran forward, his sword appearing in his hand. She shook her head and side stepped the first attack. She brought a leg up and kneeled him in the gut. She stepped back and jumped up, snapping a kick to the side of his head. Kuwabara flew back and hit the ground hard. He didn't move again.
 
Yusuke looked up at her and brought his hand up, power gathering at his finger tip. He looked over at the girl and his eyes widened in surprise. Copper and coal bled into chestnut and chocolate. “Keiko.” He whispered, the power used for the Spirit Gun disappearing. The woman smirked and the image returned to normal. The redhead brought her fingers to her lips and blew softly. Slowly ice coated the ground where they stood, turning into small glaciers. She grinned and snapped her fingers, the ice shattering. Pieces flew everywhere. One buried itself in Kurama's shoulder and another cut across the back of his knee, sending him to the ground. Hiei managed to avoid most of them but he got cut up and looked like he was thrown though the blender. Yusuke got the worst. Several slashed across his stomach and another flew straight through his hand, leaving a hole in the palm. A few more crossed his arms and one caught his cheek. Yusuke fell back and groaned.
 
Kagome ran out and stopped dead when she caught sight of the redhead. “Black.” She whispered. Black turned her head and looked at her, a smirk on her face. The redhead nodded lightly. “Blue.” Kagome shook her head and pointed to the room she'd just come out of. “Tomoyo got the seal undone.” Black nodded and walked forward. As she passed her the demon appearance melted away, leaving Keiko in her place. Yusuke pushed himself up, “Keiko.” The brunette held up her hand and ice grew behind her, forming a wall around the shed. She turned her attention back towards Kagome. “Hiei can melt that thing in minutes. Let's go.” Kagome nodded and they entered the hut.
 
Tomoyo was sitting on the edge of the well, breathing heavily. Hotaru was sitting on the other side, one hand on the girl's shoulder. Keiko locked eyes with them. “Go.” Hotaru nodded and stood up, walking around the well to stand beside Tomoyo. The two entwined their fingers and leaned back, falling over the edge. There was a flash of blue and they were in the past. Kagome looked over at her and at the brunette's nod, ran forward, and dived in head first.
 
Keiko walked toward the edge when Yusuke bragged in, moving on will power alone. The others followed him in. Keiko turned toward them and shook her head, jumping up onto the ledge of the well. She held her hand up, palm facing them. They stiffened as her hand started to glow but instead of attacking them their wounds started to close. Keiko dropped her hand to her side and smiled sadly at them once their wounds were healed. Yusuke took a step forward but she shook her head. Brown eyes saddened she leaned back, keeping her eyes on them until they disappeared over the edge of the well. “Don't follow me Yusuke.” Her words echoed up as the blue light slowly started to surround her. Then she was sitting at the bottom off an empty well in feudal Japan.