InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny's Tempest ❯ Black Friday ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If I owned IY, I wouldn’t be writing fanfiction. However, I do own my characters. Please ask before using them in your own work. 

 

 

Thank you for showing interest! I do hope you enjoy this chapter. It has been over a decade since I have touched this fanfic! I don’t remember where it was going; thus, I am starting over. I worked in retail in the past, so I went with a black friday opening. It has not been done before, that I know of, so why not? I promise Kags will be spending a great deal of time in the past. For now, let's allow her to enjoy being a normal teenager for a day. I apologize this chapter is so short. I haven't written in so long. I'm out of touch. 

 

 

'thoughts' 

  

 

The rain bathed the ground while lightning and thunder provided music for the neighboring greenery. The streets were crowded with people trying to find shelter while others eagerly awaited the early morning sales. The various tents and bikes in the surrounding area were an interesting sight, not as interesting as who was participating in the excitement. Kagome's friends, Eri, Yuka, and Eri, had somehow convinced Kagome to come along. Kagome sighed contently while preparing warm tea inside their tent. 'It's nice to be a normal girl for a change. No Inuyasha, demons, or jewel shards to deal with.' She watched as her friends happily chatted about which stores they were going to try their luck in between telling each other the latest school gossip. 

 

"Kagome, you have got to hear this! Karin is dating Kyo! You know, the tall guy on the track team." Yuka squealed while clapping her hands together excitedly. 

 

Eri, in shock, gasped. "No way!" 

 

"That’s so sweet!" Ayami chimed in. 

 

Kagome had lowered her head at some point and tuned out the world around her. She was happy to be with her friends; however, the trips into the past had caused her to grow somewhat distant from them. They were unable to relate to the hunting demons or being hunted. Content as she was, the past was bound to caught up to her at some point. She was stuck living a double life; she could only hope she didn’t crumble under the expectations placed on her by both worlds. 

 

"Kagome, are you even listening?!" Yuka snapped upon seeing Kagome deep in thought. 

 

Kagome looked up and waved her hand dismissively. "Yeah, I'm listening. Don’t worry about it; it's nothing." 

 

Eri placed a hand on Yuki's shoulder, shaking her head. "Leave her be. This is one of the few times Kagome has been well enough to have a day out, away from that two-timer." 

 

Yuka hummed an agreement, casting her gaze outside the tent. The rain had let up and the surrounding crowd was getting restless. The stores would be opening soon. With that thought in mind, she turned her gaze back to her friends. She gave them a meaningful nod, a sign for them to start cleaning and packing as the sales would begin soon. They all had a cup of tea before they started their tasks involving cleaning up their camp. Once that was complete, their tasks would indeed change. Eri's job entailed keeping the group from going overboard, thought it would be hard to do since there were to be so many good sales. Yuka, the self-assigned leader of the girls, had made a checklist of all the stores they would investigate. Ayumi had been content to be the one looking after Kagome, much to Kagome's annoyance. Kagome hadn't been given a large role to play, as her friends wanted to make this day as easy as possible for her. Kagome had insisted on being the one to clean up their camp, as she had done in the past countless times; it was either pack quickly or get eaten. The girls had relented and had watched her work at an impressive speed. They complimented her immensely before all of them noticed a change in the crowd. 

"We need to move." Kagome said as she placed her yellow backpack upon her back. 

The girls didn’t argue, knowing they could trust their friend's instincts. The crowd grew restless; the girls moved out of the middle of the makeshift camp that was the store parking lot and slowly made their way towards the front, despite some protests from the other campers. The girls could see some of the employees scrambling to make some last minute touches before all hell broke loose. Kagome took this chance to survey her surroundings, quickly taking notice of a large group coming their way. She silently gestured to Yuka that they should move to the end of the line which was now forming. Yuka nodded and the rest obeyed. Just as well that they did too because the floodgates opened. 

The battle had begun.