InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Genkai's Daughter ❯ Chapter 16: Kagome-napped ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/n: Okay everyone, here’s another chapter of Genkai’s Daughter. The next chapter will be longer, it’s almost half done so you should be seeing it soon! Enjoy!

*Genkai’s Daughter*

By: Kage Otome (Shadow Maiden)

Chapter 16: Kagome-napped!


She watched them with knowing brown eyes, full of wisdom. She wasn’t always harsh or brash, she knew such things, having experienced them in her youth. Staring at her daughter and the fox rolling around like little kits, she couldn’t stop the bittersweet smile from breaking out across her face. Love played such a twisted little games on people. Kuronue loved Kagome. Youko and Kurama felt something for Kagome. Kagome loved Kuronue--somewhere deep inside. Kagome cared for both Youko and Kurama. Kuronue had been reluctant to intervene in the budding relationship, simply because he enjoyed when Kagome was happy. He would prefer if she was happy with him, Genkai knew that.

But if Genkai knew something.

It was her daughter was blind to some things.

She was very intelligent, but she at times didn’t understand what was going on.

This was one of those times.

She blocked out things because she didn’t want to be hurt. When she begins to fall in love with Kurama she’ll begin pushing him away. Just because she doesn’t want to hurt and be hurt. So much pain. Now, Genkai wasn’t saying she would just stop all contact, she would just construct a wall around her heart, much like she did with Kuronue. But her heart was extremely soft for the koumori. Her daughter didn’t understand emotions on the level that most did. And Genkai knew a part of her didn’t want too...She’d lost enough as a child. She didn’t want to lose anymore. It was second nature to her, to shield herself from powerful feelings, she didn’t want feelings to rule her life, she wanted to be in control--intellectually.

Kagome was just like she was at that age.

Genkai never had the chance to correct past mistakes, to realize what she’d done wrong and learn from those mistakes.

Hopefully Kagome would learn her lesson before it was too late.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------

Kagome lay curled up on the rug in her room reading “Memoirs of a Geisha”. What could she say, she was bored and it was a pretty good book. Kuronue entered the room, upon finding she was alone he smirked to himself, before stalking her from the shadows. As she turned the page, he pounced, Kagome yelped in humor as he tickled her. Both wrestled around on the plush rug for a few minutes before collapsing in a heap, in front of the blazing fire. It was getting quite cold now, being November. Kuronue spooned her against him as she snuggled into his warm embrace, being careful of his wings he nuzzled her softly, missing moments like these.

“I’m sorry.”

Kuronue froze, startled.

“I’m sorry I haven’t been spending time with you.”

Stroking the exposed skin at her waist, he gently traced the curve of her waist and hip with his claws, hiding the shaken expression on his face. He honestly didn’t know that she had noticed how he felt. Turning in his arms she pushed her book away, wrapping one arm around his waist and the other around his neck as she pushed him onto his back curling up half on, half against his warm, bare chest. Laying in front of the blazing flames for a few minutes she stood and pulled him up with her.

“Come.” Kagome said pulling him with her to his bed.

Pushing him onto the bed she curled up against him, dressed only in a pair of short, shorts and a cutoff tank top, ending below her breast. Kuronue was in a pair of loose hakama’s as she curled up against him, her breath blowing softly against his neck, sending shivers up and down his spine. One would think after all this time he’d be used to this after all sleeping in the same bed with her was a very common occurrence.

‘At least she isn’t sleeping with him.

----------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Toguro’s eyes gleamed with evil intent beneath his sharp sunglasses. There was a good chance his daughter would kill him if she ever found out what he did. But his plan would work and she wouldn’t find out, she’d be on his side, in love with his ‘minion’ and against her precious friends. They’d be indestructible. And he would get all he’d ever wanted. Looking towards the kneeling figure he said one syllable that put his entire plan into action.

“Go.”

------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------

Violet and claret colored eyes watched the scene through Kanna’s mirror. They knew what they needed to do. Kagome and Kuronue curled up together sharing the warmth of the bed and each other they fell into a blissful sleep, knowing or believing that nothing could touch them as long as they were together. They were in for a rude awakening.

Naraku, creating a kugutsu who shape shifted to Kagome’s form, snuck into the room, masking it’s scent, aura, power, anything and everything that would, could be detected. Removing Kagome from Kuronue’s embrace was no easy task considering how tight a grip he had on her, however with a good yank she was free and in Hakudoshi’s arms. This would’ve never been possible if they hadn’t been smart enough to cast a simple sleeping spell on them. Normally it would’ve been impossible to fool such powerful beings, but they had a kuro miko on their side. And most of the occupants of the house were part demon at the very least. It would make the kuro miko’s spell all the more effective.

Tsubaki.

Unfortunately Tsubaki did not die as Kikyo or Inuyasha believed. She survived by absorbing demons much like Naraku, except the demons she absorbed allowed her to keep her somewhat youthful appearance. Her long white hair blew in the wind as she watched Hakudoshi, carry the young hanyou of the prophecies away. Grinning she followed her new ‘master’ towards the portal that would lead to their ‘hideaway’.

They wouldn’t know what hit them.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------

Kuronue woke groggily with the feeling that something was very wrong. He sat straight up rubbing the sleep from his eyes and groping around for Kagome. Finding her small body he drew her to him, inhaling her scent. His eyes widened as he realized, it wasn’t Kagome he was holding. The intruder chuckled darkly at him before darting out of the room. Kuronue screeched, sending her tumbling face first down the stairs and waking everyone else. All dashed after the impostor who began shooting of balls of angry violet energy, something very similar to miasma.

“What have you done with Kagome?” Kuronue snarled eyes bleeding red in his anger.

“You fools, she’s out of your reach now! I have her now!” ‘Kagome’ transformed into Naraku as he let out his maniacal laughter.

“Kukukukuku...” He was cut off as Yusuke spirit gunned him, destroying the puppet.

“I hate that laugh.”

“Kagome...”

------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

Her eyes fluttered open as her brain screamed in agony, in protest. She was in a room, on a bed...scratch that she was tied to a bed. Why the hell was she tied to a bed? Where the hell was she? This certainly wasn’t her room or Kuronue’s, or Jin’s, or Touya’s, or Sesshoumaru’s for that matter. So...again she asked---where the hell was she?

“Welcome to my home, Kagome.”

She craned her neck to see Naraku standing in the doorway, he made his way toward her side. Kagome spit in his face, snarling. Calmly wiping the spit away he stroked her face, she turned and bit his finger---hard. He pulled it back wiping the blood off, before shaking his finger in her face. She was tempted to bite him again.

“Is that anyway to treat your host, Kagome.” Naraku said mockingly his crimson eyes narrowed dangerously.

A growl bubbled up in her throat.

“Don’t worry, you’ll see things our way...soon.” Naraku said softly, almost regretting doing this to her. She was his key to freedom from Toguro’s imprisonment after all.

She blacked out her last thought was---

‘What are they going to do to me?’

--------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------
A/n: I have the next couple of chapters planned out for the most part so they should be coming out whenever I have the time to type them out...Anyway, Review!!!