InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love can Overcome all Odds ❯ That’s Showin’ ‘em Sesshomaru ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Can Over Come All Odds
Chapter 15. That's Showin' `em Sesshomaru
“Wow what a fight that was!” Koto said as she waited for the next fighters to enter the ring, “We haven't had much blood and guts yet but hopefully the next fight will be more promising.”
“Alright, Inuyasha, your turn.” Shikka exclaimed as she watched Kurama jump into the ring. Shikka grabbed Inuyasha and brought him so close to her face that he could smell her pancake and sausage breathe from that morning. “But if you even THINK of killing Kura' your ass is MINE!” she then released Inuyasha's kimono collar.
Feh! If I kill her `lover' then there's no way she can even scratch me! Inuyasha thought but decided to agree anyway just to get her out of his hair. “Alright, alright I won't kill him!” Inuyasha said then muttered. “I'll just rough him up a bit.” Shikka shot Inuyasha a cold glare. “Geez! I won't kill him!” Inuyasha exclaimed one last time before he got into the ring.
“Hey look, Momma, its Daddy's turn!” Yashgo said to Kagome.
“Go Papa!” Iyume screamed.
“You go Inu!” Kagome yelled as well. Inuyasha smiled and waved at his family in the stands.
Just as Kurama was going to surprise Inuyasha while he was distracted and advance on him he heard Shikka's voice in his head. Kura'?
Yes Red?
Try not to hurt him to much. I don't think Kagome would appreciate it if you killed him. Shikka telepathically told him.
I won't hurt him . . . much. Kurama answered. For the truth was Inuyasha did annoy the hell out of him.
Alright then, Kura', good luck. Shikka smiled from her side of the arena.
Thanks. “Ok, are you ready, Inuyasha?”
“I thought you'd never ask.” Inuyasha replied. “TETSUSAIGA!” Inuyasha yelled as he unsheathed his legendary sword.
“Rose whip!” Kurama shouted as he pulled out a rose from his kimono. Just as Kurama touched the rose it instantly transformed into a long thorned whip.
“Oh, your gonna defeat me with a pointy flower stem! Don't make me laugh!” Inuyasha said in a mock tone of voice. Kurama smiled inside knowing that his `pointy flower stem' could cut through any substance. They charged each other exchanging blows, thorns clashing with steel. Then Kurama's rose whip grazed Inuyasha's neck. Inuyasha made a sound of disgust and clutched the gash on his neck.
“So my pointy flower stem managed to pierce your flesh . . .” Kurama pointed out.
“It's merely a flesh wound!” Inuyasha replied and lunged at Kurama with bloody claws. “Blades of blood!” Inuyasha shouted as crimson blades tore through the air and Kurama watched in interest. Kurama snapped out of his daze and the last second and dived to the side and escaped with a deep cut near his ribs.
This could get interesting. Kurama thought recovering from Inuyasha's attack. They lunged at each other exchanging blows, both panting neither one willing to give in. After a while Kurama realized he and Inuyasha were too equally matched in skill to keep fighting like this. Kurama had to take it up a notch. He reached into his kimono and pulled out a vial filled with purple liquid. Kurama touched the bottle to his lips and poured a couple drops down his throat. Kurama suddenly became very dizzy and then felt as if he was looking out of a window. Kurama's body was moving but he wasn't controlling the movements.
Inuyasha rubbed his eyes and blinked a couple of times. The red haired, green eyed, human Kurama seemed to melt away and have been replaced by a golden eyed, silver haired, fox eared . . . “A demon?” Inuyasha exclaimed in disbelief.
“Yes.” The demon said in a silky voice. “I am Yoko Kurama. I am a demon who has lived inside of your Kurama many years.”
No wonder he seemed so familiar. “Your Shikka's friend; that famous fox thief How'd . . .?” Inuyasha stammered very confused.
“Many years ago I made a narrow escape and hid in the womb of an expecting mother. The escape had left me drained of any power, but I was patient. I watched Kurama, or as she called me Shuuichi, grow up and all that time restoring my power.”
“Sooo . . . you're like a parasite?” Inuyasha asked still very confused.
“Not quiet. I am Kurama and Kurama is me. Inuyasha scratched his head trying to fathom how two people could have one body. Yoko sighed. “Of course I wouldn't expect your puny mind to comprehend . . .”
“PUNY MIND!” Inuyasha roared. “That's the last straw!” Inuyasha raised Tetsusaiga over his head and brought it down to release the final attack. Yoko countered with everything he had. The stadium filled with blue light and both fighters were thrown from the ring. Once the blue light faded Koto started the count, but by the time the announcer had reached ten neither fighter had budged. Everyone gasped as it was announced a draw.
“Typical of you brother.” Sesshomaru said as he helped Inuyasha up and leaned him against a wall.
“What the hell is that suppose to mean!” Inuyasha retorted.
“You never finish a fight. Watch and learn, I'll teach you how to win a fight.” Inuyasha just growled as Sesshomaru walked up into the ring.
“Hey it's my dad.” Somachi said to himself as he saw Sesshomaru enter the ring. “Come on father! You can beat that lousy human!” Chitty shouted then Kagome glared at him and he shrank into himself.
“Well guys I guess it's my turn.” Yusuke said and also walked up into the ring. He took off his shirt and got in a fighting stance.
“Do you actually think that's intimidating?” Sesshomaru said with a chuckle. “You're nothing but a pathetic human.”
“No but I thought it was worth a try. Ready to give it a go?” Yusuke asked with a smirk.
“I don't see the point.” Sesshomaru said boredly. “There's no chance YOU will win!” Sesshomaru then materialized a poison whip. Cutting through the air Yusuke managed to dodge every blow from Sesshomaru's whip, except one. The whip bit into Yusuke's leg. He grunted in pain and dropped to on knee surveying his damaged ankle. But there was something weird about the wound; the outsides of it were tinged green and foaming!
“What the hell did you do to me!” Yusuke shouted.
Sesshomaru smirked and let out a villainous laugh. “My whip is no ordinary whip. In the tip contains the fastest acting poison known to all kind.” Yusuke could feel the poison spreading through his veins with every beat of his heart. His injury now was crippling him and handicapping his speed. Yusuke had to catch Sesshomaru off guard and hit him with his strongest attack, the shotgun. Yusuke had to think quickly, he had little time to spare. He was going to put everything he had into one shot but he had to have a distraction. Yusuke quickly shot a beam of energy at Sesshomaru's left shoulder turning him around.
“Why you . . .” Sesshomaru growled but by the time Sesshomaru turned back around it was too late. Yusuke was all powered up.
“SHOTGUN!” Yusuke yelled sending a giant beam of blue light straight at Sesshomaru's chest. It hit him with full impact that sent him flying out of the ring. To everyone's surprise . . . Yusuke won.
“Way to go Urameshi!” Kuwabara said as Yusuke jumped out of the ring and gave him a high five. Luckily Yukina was there to heal Yusuke as much as she could till they could get an antidote for the poison. Sesshomaru just sulked back to his side of the ring.
Inuyasha, though it hurt, laughed his ass off. “Oh yeah, Sess, that was really great!” Inuyasha said between snorts. “Can you show it to me again! I didn't quite catch that last part!”
“Shut up little brother!” Sesshomaru said and knocking Inuyasha outside the head knocking him unconscious again.
Koga was laughing as well. “That's really showin' `em Sesshomaru!” Sesshomaru glared and growled at Koga. He may be on the same team as them but it didn't mean they liked him. None of them, Shikka, Shippo, Inuyasha, or Sesshomaru liked him.
“Will the last two fighters please enter the ring?” The announcer, Koto asked.
Koga smiled. This is going to be great! I'll get to kill that little bastard and still keep the wench and brats!
Alright, Hiei, it's all up to you. Iyu and Rayven . . . and Romah are counting on you. Their lives are in your hands. Hiei thought as he walked up into the ring readying himself for his fight with Koga.