InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love On the Battlefield ❯ End Final Battle, Begin Tournament ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own IY or YYH.
Summary: The SD are participating in the tournament but need three more members. (A/N: this is the first tournament; I just tweaked the rules a bit) Genkai refuses to be one of the fighters so Koenma assigns 3 girls and 1 hanyou to the job. Meanwhile, the jewel is complete and Naraku is dead. But the well never closed up, and it now lets the gang past.
Author's Box of Meaningless Chatter
S.N.B.R:*stares at the audience before pulling out a letter* The muses that helped with this chapter are: Kagome, Sesshoumaru, Youko, and Rin.
Kagome: Glad to help.
Sesshoumaru: Hn.
Rin: Wow, this ABOMC is sooo~o big!
Youko: No kidding.
S.N.B.R: Besides the point, *hands Kagome a handbook* Kagome shall tell you all the rules of the ABOMC. Behave you all. *grabs bags and hat before driving away to vacation spot*
Kagome: Looks like I'm staying up tonight. Anyways, Rin, if you may.
Rin: Read and enjoy the chapter, *minna-san!
________________________________________
Chapter 1: End of the Final Battle, Beginning of the Tournament
With the Reikai Tantei
"Come on Grandma, it's just for a few months!" cried Yusuke's voice.
Genkai calmly sipped her tea and leveled a glare at Yusuke.
"Dimwit! I will not participate in another tournament! The only reason I fought the last one was so I could wish for the Committee to stop inviting me." she snapped. She took another sip of her tea before continuing. "Koenma will probably find 4 good fighters he knows and he'll make them join your team. So stop whining and get back on the spike!"
Yusuke grumbled and reluctantly got back on the spike.
4 demons stood in the woods together in deep thought.
"Youko, who do you think these fighters will be?" Shuichi asked.
A tall *kitsune with silver hair, fox ears and tail leaned against a tree.
"Well Red, I suppose they would be weak like all of the other ningen and hanyou's the Brat pairs up with us." He replied.
A few months ago, Genkai had developed a technique that split souls from a body. She separated Shuichi's and Youko's soul successfully, but with side effects. Because of the long period of being joined together, Shuichi obtained demonic abilities and became related to Youko. A *koumori sighed from his spot at the base of the tree opposite to Youko's.
"This is gonna be another boring case." Kuronue said.
He had somehow survived the bamboo trap and slowly recovered without joining souls. He then escaped to Living World and teamed up with Youko. In the distance, shouts were heard.
"Yukina, my love, I have come to visit you!"
A growl was heard from above Kuronue's head.
"Calm down, Hiei. He won't do anything stupid I assure you." Shuichi said chuckling.
Hiei growled again. The *hiyoukai would decapitate Kuwabara if he ever got the chance. They stayed there in silence until night fell. They then walked back to Genkai's compound and met up with Yusuke and Kuwabara.
"Toddler says he'd be here tonight. Better be on time." Yusuke mumbled.
There was a loud pop and Koenma appeared with 3 more people.
"What the hell?" Yusuke shouted.
________________________________________
-With the *Inu-Taichi-
The jewel was complete, Naraku was dead; there was only the wish to be made. Kagome looked up at her friends with tears in the corner of her eyes.
'I won't be able to see them anymore.' she thought.
She whispered the wish to the jewel and saw a warm light envelope her. She closed her eyes and waited to land on the hard ground of the well in her time.
"Kagome child, open your eyes and look at me." said a feminine voice.
Kagome opened her eyes and saw a priestess in a warrior's outfit.
"Midoriko?" she asked in a timid voice. The priestess nodded.
"Hai, I am Midoriko. And I am here to reward and warn you Kagome. You fought long and hard to complete the jewel. You were unselfish in all of your actions and very kind-hearted. You surpassed the previous protector, Kikyo, in your abilities. But in your time, there still lurks even greater dangers. You must defeat these dangers with your friends." She paused catching her breath.
"I will make it so the well will let all of your comrades through. The jewel will stay with you. You may join with the jewel if you wish. It will increase your powers tenfold and-" Midoriko was cut off by Kagome.
"Iie, the jewel is more of a burden than a gift. True it does increase your powers, but it will also bring you despair." Kagome's face shone with wisdom and knowledge.
During the time she traveled in the Feudal Era, she had grown from her schoolgirl self and into a mature woman. She no longer desired Inuyasha because she knew he would choose Kikyo. She hadn't told him so though. She also had adopted Shippo through a blood-ritual. Inuyasha was highly displeased with the reddish tint to Kagome's normally inky locks.
"As you wish. You shall be returned to your friends and they will have already been informed of this." Midoriko disappeared and Kagome appeared back to her friends.
"Kagome! /Lady Kagome! /*Okaa-san!" Sango, Miroku, and Shippo called in unison.
Kagome hugged Shippo to her chest and smiled.
"You had done well for a reincarnate." said a cold voice.
Kagome looked sadly at Kikyo, only to have Kikyo look back at her in anger. Kagome had developed a technique with her miko powers to fully bring back Kikyo. The clay pot never thanked her for it.
"Kinky- I mean, Kikyo, Naraku is finally dead so why don't you save your arguments for later?" Tsukiko, an elemental shadow kitsune, suggested. Kikyo huffed and turned to walk back to Inuyasha.
Kagome stifled a giggle. Tsukiko had joined their group when Naraku murdered her little brother. She grew to be an older sister to almost everyone and was extremely protective of her two adoptive kit twins, Ebi and Eri.
She had hip length navy blue hair, black straight-across bangs, violet eyes, creamy skin, and blue fox ears and tails tipped with black (she had 2 tails). She traditionally wore a blue shirt, black jacket, black pants, two belts that hung loosely to for an x, knee-high boots, and a silver pendant with an amethyst in the middle. She had a sword strapped to her back and knives that hung off of her belts.
Her kitsune twins had shoulder length silver hair, amber eyes, and silver ears and tails. One was a boy, Ebi; and one was a girl, Eri. They played with Shippo and pulled pranks on Inuyasha all the time. They wore matching green kimonos and cared for each other. Kikyo began to drape herself all over Inuyasha and threw a smug look at Kagome, clearly thinking that she had won their little rivalry. Kagome sent a sad look at Inuyasha. Whenever he finds out about his precious Kikyo's habits of being with other men, she would be sure to be there for him to lean on.
Tsukiko bit back the snide remark she was going to say and looked over to Kagome.
"Why don't you go treat your friend's wounds? Us youkai can heal in a hour." she instructed.
Kagome did as she was told and finished quickly. She ran over to Tsukiko but found her arguing again with Sesshoumaru.
"Look Mr. Half-Assed Bastard, just because my kits pulled a prank on Jaken, doesn't mean they have to apologize! It's just a toad, get over it!" Tsukiko yelled.
Sesshoumaru was smirking and Kagome knew why. Naraku had attacked her kits but she blocked it. The tentacles though cut a gash from her shoulder to her belly. She wasn't injured, but her clothes were slowly slipping and nearly revealing her right chest.
'Just a bit lower.' Sesshoumaru's beast growled.
Sesshoumaru smirked at the oblivious kitsune.
'And they are supposed to be sexual creatures; this one's too innocent at times.' He thought.
"Tsukiko! Sango! Let's go take a bath in the hot springs!" Kagome put an end to Sesshoumaru's entertainment.
Sango and Tsukiko simultaneously ran over to Kagome and disappeared for the majority of the night.
'NOOOOOOOO! Our vixen's taking a bath without us!' Sesshoumaru beast.
Sesshoumaru stared at the spot that said vixen was previously occupying. Over their travels together, the kitsune had proved time and time again that she was a worthy match to him. He eventually caved into his beasts demands and began to court her without her noticing. And even now she still had yet to notice. Not that she was dumb or anything, she was just oblivious to anyone's attentions to her.
"Hn." He turned and left to kick Jaken around. Complying to his beast's perverted tendencies took a lot out of him.
________________________________________
-With Kagome, Sango, and Tsukiko-
Kagome began to lather up her hair and snuck a glance at her female companions. She sidled up next to Sango and nudged her with her elbow. "What is it, Kagome-chan?" said *taijiya asked.
"Now that Naraku's dead and all, do you and Miroku plan to marry and start rebuilding the Taijiya clan?" Kagome asked slyly.
Sango began to splutter indignantly. "That *Hentai monk and me? Why I never marry someone as loose as him! It's ridiculous!" Sango's bright face said so otherwise. Tsukiko broke out in laughter at Sango. Not wanting the vixen to be left out of her teasing, Kagome move on to her next victim.
"And what about you Tsukiko? Do you intend to mate Sesshoumaru now?" Kagome asked with a grin.
Tsukiko fell face-first into the water and came up choking.
"Th-there's nothing between u-us! Why would I mate him if we barely know each other let alone like each other enough to actually ma-mate! Tsukiko stuttered with a red face.
Kagome grinned and sunk back lower into the hot springs.
Sango excused herself and walked back to the group by herself as Kagome and Tsukiko soaked. Then a pop was heard and a blue-haired girl appeared.
"Hello girls, you and your hanyou friend Inuyasha are to meet me here after you have dinner today. I'll explain later." She said and with another pop, she disappeared.
Kagome looked uneasily at Tsukiko.
"We should go, I smelt no malicious intentions from the girl." She said, her face still an interesting red. Kagome nodded and enjoyed the rest of her bath.
She and Tsukiko then walked back to their group and ate together. Tsukiko and Sesshoumaru 'secretly' glaring at each other throughout the meal. Everyone got a kick out of watching them glare at each other while calmly eating. Kagome was able to convince Inuyasha to walk with them and walked back to the hot springs.
"Oi! If you two want someone to join you, ask Miroku. He'll be more than happy to oblige." Inuyasha said rudely.
Tsukiko knocked him out and waited for the blue-haired girl to appear again. Soon enough, the blue-haired reaper did appear and took them to an office where a little kid was sitting behind a desk.
"AWWWWWW! HE'S SOOOOO CUTE!" Tsukiko hugged the kid tightly to her chest.
The kid tried to push her off but to no avail. Kagome was finally able to pry the kitsune's arms off of the small demigod and he began to talk.
"You are needed to fight in a tournament with 6 more people. Kagome, you should know one of them already, he is your cousin. Participation is mandatory, or the entire ningen race will be endangered." He said seriously.
Kagome frowned at him. "Hold on, we don't even know you! Why would we help you? How can we be sure that you aren't luring us into a trap?" she demanded. The boy began to sweat.
"Oh, how silly of me. I'm Koenma, Prince of Spirit World. And that's Botan, a soul reaper and my assistant. Please participate in this tournament, or else not only your loved ones die, but other's will too."
Kagome once again looked over to Tsukiko to see if she agreed to the kid or not. Tsukiko shrugged then staring critically at Koenma before giving her assent. Koenma let out a relieved sigh then Inuyasha woke up. "Oi, where am I? Who's that pipsqueak brat?" he snarled. Threats flew in the air and many osuwari's were required to calm the hanyou down enough to explain. It took several more to convince the hanyou after explaining.
Koenma sighed again in relief as Inuyasha reluctantly nodded. He then told Botan to transport all of them to Genkai's compound. They felt a rushing feeling and ended up near a house.
A black haired boy shouted. "What the hell?"
And Tsukiko replied with a, "OH MY FRICKIN' GOSH! IS THAT YOU YOUKO AND KURO-PAN?"
Kagome hurriedly explained to her cousin (Yusuke if you hadn't figured it out). Youko and Kuronue were shocked to see one of their best friends being a teammate.
"- Inuyasha and Tsukiko kindly agreed to help you guys and-" Kagome was cut off by Yusuke's outraged yell. "Hold on, you mean this is the bastard that cheated on you! Get ready you ass, I'm gonna whip your sorry ass into next year!" Inuyasha's ears flattened themselves at the mention of the many times he had hurt the futuristic miko that had become his first and closest friend. The guilt ran heavy in his heart and whenever Inuyasha felt guilty, he got rude.
"Keh, can you really beat me you weak whelp?" he taunted. Yusuke's face turned red with rage and he charged at Inuyasha. The two hanyou's got into a fight that ended up nearly destroying half of Genkai's compound.
"What are we going to tell the others?" Tsukiko asked Kagome suddenly. Kagome felt a chill of dread run up her spine.
'Sango's gonna kill me.' was the only thought on Kagome's mind.
________________________________________
ABOMC
Kagome: S.N.B.R is on vacation but she all wishes for you all to review or add/alert/subscribe to her. She also thanks anyone who does and wished you all a good life. She would also like to thank her BETA SakuraStar12 very much for looking over her stories. Cyber cookie to SakuraStar12!
Dictionary
*minna-san- everybody
*kitsune- fox demon
*koumori- bat demon
*hiyoukai- fire demon
*Inu-Taichi- name that the fans had dubbed the Inuyasha gang
*okaa-san- mother
*taijiya- demon slayer
*Hentai monk- perverted monk