InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My Perfect Life ❯ Its just the beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Why me? Why do I always have to be hurt? Why can't it be someone else? I guess I'll never know even if I wanted. I guess I was never meant for a happy ending. Not that I thought I was going to get one. After all why should the guardian of the Shikon No Tama, a forbidden child and a ruler get a happy ending? It is forbidden to have the Shikon no Tama if I'm a demon, I am born of fire and ice, which is also forbidden, and it's forbidden for a forbidden child to rule anything but I do. I do all three things. I guard a jewel meant for a human miko, I am living when I am to be dead and I'm a ruler when I'm suppose to have a bad life and be dead.
 
 
But part of it is true I do have a bad life. I'm treated well but have a bad life. I know that the only reason I'm treated good is because I'm a ruler but still it is good to be treated like I'm royalty and not just some forbidden child who rules. Most of them treat me as if I'm the only one who can protect and help them but others think the only reason I'm here is to make their lives a living hell, which is true for those people who think it.
 
 
Still I try to ignore them and try to hold myself back when they say something to me but I'm a demon and as all demons I loss control of my demon side at times. Some people think it is horrible that I kill them when they say things but others think that they deserve what they get and the people who think that are right. I'm a living, breathing thing. I deserve some respect even if I am forbidden. I did not choose to be forbidden it is my heritage. I cannot pick what I am but I can pick who I am and I choose to not judge people who are different than others.
 
 
I choose to be kind to them even if they are not kind on the outside but I do not show them respect or mercy if they don't deserve it. If they enjoy causing others pain then why should that stop me from taking their life? They deserve what they get if they are like that or if I sense that they are pure evil and have only darkness and hatred in their soul and heart. I can understand if they were made that way by their past and by the way they are treated but I cannot understand if they are like that and had the best life and was treated very good.
 
 
People who have had the best life a person could get should be happy because most people like myself can never have that kind of life. Why should they be like that in the first place? There is no reason to be evil and have hatred in your heart if you were treated well. I have a reason to kill for no reason to kill everybody on this earth for my life but I don't. I choose to look towards the future and not dwell on the past. If you dwell on the past too long than you are bound to have a dark soul and heart especially if you have a bad past. If you had a good past than you meant think of things that you could have done instead of what you did do. That will give you a dark soul and heart as well.
 
 
I am pure even if I am a demon. I may be a demon but that does not mean that I kill senselessly like other demons. I do kill don't get me wrong on that but I don't kill people who don't deserve it. I might deserve to die for all the lives I've taken but we've all taken lives before. If you realize it or not. We are not suppose to kill anything but you see people kill bugs, animals and life itself. That is just like killing a person. You take a life weather you realize it or not.
 
 
God told us not to take life in generally. He did not say anything specific so that really means that you shouldn't kill anything but people do. They kill weather it's for fun or for defense but people also steal things and envy others for what they have when they should be grateful for what they have so I guess people have forgotten about those rules. They steal, envy and kill when they are suppose to enjoy life and not do any of those things. I guess that is what people enjoy though so who am I to argue with that? I'm nobody who should say any of those things for if it wasn't for stealing and killing I might not have been here saying everything I'm saying now.
 
 
I am not proud of what I have done but I have lived to see another day because of it. People are made not born. You choose what you're going to do with you're life. You are not born with it. People should think about it. They choose to kill and steal. I choose that because I had no choose to but that still doesn't give me an excuse for doing it. I regret almost everything I've done but I still think I made the right choices.
 
 
I might live with regret the rest of my live which for all I know could end tomorrow but it is better to live and regret than to live and regret nothing. Nobody is perfect we all make mistakes but we hopefully learn from them. I lost my family because I was not there to protect them but fate picks what happens not me. They choose to give me the burden of the Shikon No Tama, to be a forbidden child and to have almost everybody that I love and care for die. I can't change fate but I can try.
 
`Flashback'
 
 
I had come home from a long week of shard hunting in the feudal era and was looking forward to having a nice hot bath but as soon as I hit my side of the well I smell the one thing I never wished to smell. My family's blood. I rush out of the well house only to see my whole family through a glass window being slaughtered by my archenemy Naraku.
 
 
He must have some how gotten through the well. I watch helplessly since there was a barrier that only a human miko or a very powerful demon could break surrounding it as my family was taken from me. I don't know what happen next but alls I do know is that something inside me just snapped and I was glowing. I look at myself after the glowing died down and saw that I had become a demon.
 
 
I was about 5.9 feet now and looked 20 years old even though I'm only 18. My hair was up to my waist and was black with red and blue streaks. I had red eyes with blue specks and I had three tattoos on my forehead. There was one on the right, left, and middle side of it. The one on the right side was a red flame, the one on the left side was a blue icicle and the one on in the middle were both of them fused together but they looked like they were trying to cancel the other one out. It looked as if it was saying that if I master the two elements that that wouldn't happen to me.
 
 
I had black sweat pants that had red flames down the right side and blue icicles down the left side of it on. I had a plain white tank top on under a black t-shirt. The t-shirt had flames in the front and icicles in the back. They both spelled out `Forbidden Ruler'. I had a black wristband with flames on it on my right wrist and I had a white wristband with blue icicles on it on my left wrist. I also had a few more tattoos and I had jewelry on.
 
 
I had a silver necklace with a blue flame and a red icicle on it. I had a set of matching earrings for each symbol on the necklace. I had the same things on a silver ankle bracelet that was around my left ankle. I had a chain on my right ankle. The chain was there as if it was meant to hold me or restrain me from doing something. I had a silver ring with a gem that changed colors due to my mood, demon form or from what a demon close by controls.
 
 
I had a tattoo on my right arm. It was a black dragon with red spikes and eyes that changed colors to match my form and emotions. It had red wings that had a red flame with a black outline on the right wing and a blue icicle with a silver outline on the left wing. It had a red with a blue streak horn on its nose. It had two chains going across it's chest that made a x. It was from its shoulder to its stomach. It had a red flame and a blue icicle on each chain.
 
 
The chain looked like it was restricting the dragon from coming alive. It's tail was about three feet and had a what looked like a dagger like point on the end of its tail. It had its mouth open and it was showing its fangs. They were stained with red blood. The blood was dripping from its mouth to its chin down to the bottom of it where there was a puddle of blood. The fire symbol (Red Flame) was on the right side and the ice symbol (Blue Icicle) was on the left side of the dragon.
 
 
I had a gold crown with rubies and sapphires on it on my left arm. I also had two swords on my left arm below the crown. The first sword was silver with a black hilt that had a snake wrapped around it. The sword had the ice symbol on the hilt. It had a snake and dragon wrapped around and engraved on the silver part of the sword. The dragon was black with red eyes and red spikes. The snake engraved on the sword was red with blue eyes and it had blood dripping from its exposed fangs.
 
 
The snake on the outside on the sword was black with red eyes and had blue icicles all over its body. It had its mouth open and its fangs were dripping both acid and blood that looked like it melted anything that it touched because there was a scar of a hole in my arm that looked like acid spilled on it. There was also a little red dot there.
 
 
The second sword was black with a red hilt. It had a chain wrapped around it and a dragon. The sword had the flame symbol with a blue outline on it on the hilt. `Forbidden Queen' was engraved on the black part of the sword in silver. It had all flames going around it. The chain was silver and looked very heavy. It looked like it was making sure that the owner of the sword took it and nobody else. The dragon was silver with red flame spikes and gold eyes. It had two silver wings that had all flames on them and a tail that was as sharp as a dagger. It was baring its bloody fangs at something or someone.
 
 
How I became a demon, you ask? I don't have a clue but I was a little grateful for it. I was able to kill Naraku but later found out that he had waited 500 years to kill my family. I'm lucky that he didn't kill them before I was born not that that would have mattered. I found out later that I was adopted but they took care of me so that would have been a problem. I killed him in the future but I had to kill him in the past to stop this from ever happening.
 
 
I than went back to the feudal era and trained my powers. It took me about three months to master them and to master the dragon of the darkness flames which I had gotten some how. After the three months I went back to my friends. They had been worried sick and asked me what happened so I told them everything. They were looking at me with both pity and sympathy. The two things that I didn't want from anyone. I grew a little colder and a lot less open. I kept a mask on to hide my emotions.
 
 
A few days later I went into the forest to clear my mind and I sense that somebody is following me so I turn around and look at the person. It was a male fire demon. He was about 6 foot and he had jet-black hair with red streaks in it. He had plain black pants and a black shirt on. He had ruby red eyes like mine. He was looking at me like he knew me.
 
 
“Who are you and why are you following me?” I asked emotionless. He just started to grin at me. “You wouldn't believe me if I told you.” He said. I just started at him. “I beg to differ.” I said to him. “Ok if you want to know who I am. I'm a fire demon by the name of Blaze.” He said.
 
 
`What kind of name is that? Not that it's bad but still. It sounds like what a person would name their animal. I like it though but it still sounds like an animal name. Good name for a fire demon.' I thought. “Ok but why are you following me?” “Because you're my daughter.” He said to me and I was shocked but didn't show it. This is the feudal era so I could meet one of my ancestors or something here. “Ok. Prove it.” I said. The only way he could be my true father is if he had a dragon on his right arm with a flame next to it. He lifted his sleeve up and there was the dragon and flame.
 
 
“So you really are my father. Ok but what do you want?” I asked. I haven't seen him in years and now he decides to come back. “I want to teach you how to defend yourself without your powers. If that's ok with you.” He said to me. “Ok. I guess I could use training in my combat skills.” I said. “I'm also going to teach you how to read peoples minds and talk telepathically to others. It's one of our family's traits. We're all born with it but not trained in it. Since I'm not an ice apparition I can't teach you there powers which are healing and barriers. You have to learn those by somebody else.” He said.
 
 
I smirked. I knew how to make barriers and heal people already. It's a trait of being a miko too. “I know how to do it already. After all I'm a miko dad.” I said. “Forgot about that. Well than I only need to train you in combat and telepathically. You also need to learn of your heritage.” He said and I was like `What heritage.' “What are you talking about?” I said. “You're the princess of the North. I'm the King and your mother was the queen but she pasted away as you know. You also know that you are forbidden right?” He asked with a little sadness in his voice and I nodded.
 
 
“I'm sorry that we had to bestow upon you that but I guess we really weren't thinking.” He said quietly. “I could care less about being forbidden. I don't care what people think of me. If they say anything they will die.” I said with hatred in my voice. I hate people who judge someone by their back round. If they don't know someone than they shouldn't assume shit. It pisses me off. They think I'm bad just because of what I am. Not that I care but still. They are the ones who don't deserve to live not me.
 
 
“Ok but I think that you shouldn't kill your own people.” “I don't care if they are my people. If they insult me they die. Its as simple as that.” I said. “Ok. We'll start you're training now. I'll teach you how to use any weapon and show you all kinds of hand-to-hand combat moves and styles. It'll take about six months to teach, ok?” He asked and I nodded.
 
 
We started the training and I finished in half the time. I mastered all kinds of weapons and martial arts moves. I could also read peoples minds and even control them if I wanted to. I didn't tell my friends where I was going but I did tell them that I would be gone for six months. So of course Inuyasha had a fit but I convinced him to let me go in the end. I had three months left starting now.
 
 
`End Flashback'
 
 
 
I walked to the well house and went through. The second time since my family was killed. I went there after I trained my powers and had another house built there since Naraku burnt the other one down. It was more like a mansion now but it was good enough. I think I forgot to mention that I was filthy rich. I got about a million dollars every week for reasons I still don't know actually.
 
 
I had to buy my own bank to keep it all in. I'm so glad that I have no school. I could sit back and relax but that's not fun. I think I also forgot to mention my name. Well anyway my name is Kagome Higurashi and you have just entered my perfect life. Just kidding it's far from perfect.