InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Nanashi Kuraku ❯ Dear Journal, This is My Life… ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Nanashi Kuraku

By: Well I'll let ya take a guess

Based on someone's life.

Oh and a note for ya Destin…when you see Sango…think of yourself alright. You've always been there for me!

Oh! This is YYH/INU Crossover. Oh and no well and spirit detectives (Well maybe SD)!

Kagome/Sango/Kayko/Botan/Yusuke and the rest of them->19

Kurama & Sesshomaru -> Look 26 they are still demons…Ama thought it would be Kinkier that way.

Hiei -> Who knows….

~~~

Dear Journal, This is My Life…

Dear Journal,

Why must my mom always think of school before anything else? Why is it that she always wants me to be the best at things I can't be the best at? All these questions and no answers. Tell me is it worth living if I can't live with overbearing parents? Well…another school day another piece of myself lost. Let me tell you this. My name is Kagome Higurashi and I'm 19 years old. And my mom is very abusive. Not physically…mentally and emotionally. This is my life…my pain…my pleasure…and my tale. Welcome to the world of Nanashi Kuraku. The world of Nameless Pain and Pleasures.

*~~~*

Kagome sighed as she walked to the bus stop. Life bites and everyone knows it. She rubbed her eyes as she listened to her Linkin Park Hybrid CD. She stared into the sky as she waited for the bus.

~I can't seem/ To find myself again/ My walls are closing in/ (Without a sense of confidence I'm convinced that there's just too much pressure to take.)/ I've felt this way before/ So Insecure~

Got that right…Kagome thought as the bus stopped in front of her. The bus driver opened the door and allowed her to step on. Kagome looked for her friend Rachel and sat next to her.

"Hey Kag…what's up?" Rachel asked as she lowered the volume to her music. Kagome put her headphones around her neck and her bag on her lap.

"I want to rot in hell…my mom is putting so much stress on me. Fuck school, fuck life, fuck her." Kagome said tiredly. Rachel smiled.

"Not enough sleep last night?"

"Hardly…I stayed up till like 3 working on my fanfiction."

(HA! That's what we do! Or at least Ama)

"You and your anime…" Rachel shook her head.

"It's better than reality." Kagome replied as the bus stopped at the school. Kagome and Rachel listened to their music a bit more until they were allowed out.

Once out of the bus, Kagome waved bye to Rachel and waited on the sidewalk for her best friends. She smiled slightly as they walked up to her. One had black hair in a high ponytail, brown eyes, and some pink eye shadow on. She has a black pair of baggy pants and a dark blue shirt on. This was Sango, Kagome best friend since a sleep over at a mutual friend's house. Next to her was a girl with short brown hair and brown eyes. She had a pair of blue jeans and a white shirt with the Foxy symbol on it on. This was Kayko, Kagome's other best friend. Then again she had three more best friends.

"Hey Sango, Kayko!" Kagome smiled slightly.

"Hey," They said in unison. The three continued to walk into the school chatting about nonsense. Kagome waved bye to Sango and Kayko, they shared a locker just inside one of the school's wings. (Parts…sections whatever) Kagome's was just outside. She opened her locker and got out her Latin Stuff and headed back downstairs to her classroom.

As she walked in Kagome turned off her CD player and put it in her bag. She sat down in her seat at the second row from the back of the classroom. She smiled to Yukina, the ice apparition next to her. Only Kagome knew she was an Ice apparition. Yukina had an ice blue-green hair that was pulled back with red or burgundy eyes, hard to tell about that part. She was wearing a long jean skirt with a sleeveless light blue shirt. Anyway Yukina was sitting to her left as Botan sat behind her. Botan's was light blue and always up in a ponytail, she had pink lavender eyes, and was wearing pink and green sweater and a pair of pants. They smiled at Kagome as she entered.

"Salve Kagome, male hodie?" Yukina asked in Latin. Kagome turned to her and raised an eyebrow.

"What's with the Latin Yukina, when the teacher ain't teaching speak English please." Kagome asked politely.

"She was talking to the teacher before you came in Kag." Botan said as she wrote down the person of the day. It was a bit of background on Hephaestus and how Hera threw him off Olympus.

"Sorry, bad day?" Yukina asked again as she flipped through her folders.

"Just like any other day Yukina," Kagome answered as the teacher came in as she started to copy the board too. Nothing really happened, just the same old boring Latin Class.

~~~

After class Botan and Yukina headed for English as Kagome headed toward her World History class. She made a mental note to yell at the freshmen when she feels better. (She's a senior!)

"Hey Kagome!" Said a boy with slicked back hair and a green shirt and blue jeans.

"Yusuke Urameshi, do you really need to yell my name?" Kagome asked.

"No, but it's more fun that way?" Yusuke smiled and walked with Kagome toward the D wing, the History department. Kagome sighed and stopped by her locker to get her History Books and notebook.

"Where's Kazuma?" Kagome asked.

"Kuwabara? He went with his mom to Japan to stay with his cousin for the year! THANK GOD!" Yusuke mocked a bow. Kagome chuckled. "Shizuru stayed behind cause of work and the bills and shit."

"Cool, well I gotta go, see ya at Lunch maybe!" Kagome said as she went into her class. Yusuke smiled slightly and headed to his class.

In the class, Kagome sat in the first row in the third seat. She turned and smiled at Sango. "See Miroku yet?"

"Nah…" Sango smirked. "Don't even wanna know where he is. Or else…WHAM!" Kagome giggled. Soon the teacher came in with the tardy students. Kagome sighed and tilted her head back more till she was on her best friend's table. Sango laughed and turned her attention to the teacher, Mrs. Dennis. Again another school related class.

~~~

Sango and Kagome walked out of the class laughing to themselves. It was homeroom time, so Sango and Kagome had to separate. Kagome walked to her homeroom after she left her stuff at the locker. Nothing really happened in homeroom just the normal announcements. Afterwards, Kagome nearly raced upstairs to her locker and grabbed her English books. She hurried toward Sango's locker which was right outside the English Room. Kayko was there waiting for Sango before closing the locker.

"Hey Kayko," Kagome hugged Kayko. "Man, life bites!" Kayko laughed. Sango smiled as she and a short black haired girl came up. "Hey Sango, Rin."

"Kagome!" Rin squealed and hugged Kagome. She smiled and hugged Rin back. The other girl smiled and headed into class.

"So, what's wrong?" Sango asked.

"Well the usual life sucks. Other than that fine." Kagome smiled. Kayko smiled and headed into her class. Rin, Sango, and Kagome had the same English, Kayko's room was to the left of it.

"You keep saying that, Kag it will get better." Sango grabbed her stuff and walked into class with her. Rin sat two rows away from Sango and Kagome, who sat in front of one another in the first row.

"So did you get the homework done?" Rin asked as she looked at Kagome and Sango.

"Of course! English is our favorite subject." Sango and Kagome stated. The three giggled until someone…or some people came to ruin it.

"Oh look, it's my wanna-be poser and her tomboy of a friend." A snobby girl said from behind them. It was Kikyo Tora and her friends. Kagome ignored her and took out her black notebook with the labeled Lux Veritatis. She named it after the Order in the game Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness. In Latin it means, The Light of Truth.

"Alright class settle down," The teacher came in. Sango kicked Kagome's chair slightly. Kagome smiled as Kikyo and her friends sat down.

A man with red hair and vibrant emerald green eyes walked to the front of the class. He put his bag down and turned to look at the class. This was the English teacher, Mr. Suiichi Minamino. He lets everyone call him Kurama.

"Do you all have your homework?" He asked. The class replied with a loudly yes and some nos. "Alright, how about we have a few of them read out loud." Some students' hands shot up real quick.

"Kurama, may I go please?" Kikyo asked.

"Sure Kikyo," Kurama said as he sat down in his chair. Kikyo walked up to podium with her notebook.

"This poem is called `Poser'" Kagome sighed and Sango shook her head. "She's tries to act like me, That's why no one sees, she is a dork, And she gets hit by corks. What I'm trying to say is, She's got to mind her own biz." With a slight bow Kikyo sat down.

Kagome rolled her eyes and continued to write in Lux Veritatis. A few more people came went up like Rin. Her poem was about fluffy things, but Kagome knew it was deeper than that. Sango on went up and spoke about a boy who was a womanizer yet only loved one. Through-out the whole thing Kagome was writing in her notebook.

On the other hand Mr. Minamino or should I say Kurama was not amused by the poems. The assignment was to write what you feel, not about other things or people. He rubbed his eyes then looked around the class. He noticed Kagome continuingly writing in her Black notebook. Maybe Ms. Higurashi will have a pleasing piece. He thought.

"Ms. Higurashi," He called. Kagome and looked up at Kurama. "Could you read your piece to the class?" He asked politely. Kagome gulped and put her pen down.

"Come on Kagome!" Sango smiled and pushed the girl slightly.

"Yeah! I bet you have the best poem out of us all!" Rin said as though it was a fact. Kagome just nodded and took her black book up and flipped it to the homework. She laid it on the podium and looked up, she began to read from her memory.

"Have you ever wondered what your dreams mean?

Why only the darkness of the night is seen?

Would you understand what it means to fight your soul?

I've walked that path, and it's very cold.

In the darkness is where I lie

Hiding here, watching as I cry

Hearing voices I never wanted to hear

Speaking of the biggest fears

Must I tolerate this hell?

Can't I image standing on a cliff and that I accidentally fell.

I can tell you how I feel

But I wish it wasn't real

Some of you think you know my life.

But I got this to say, do you really think you can life with the strife?

I lose a piece of my heart everyday

And for now, this is all I can say."

With that Kagome closed her black notebook and sat back down. Sango and Rin started to clap, making everyone follow in the suit. Kurama smiled and watched Kagome sit down.

"Very good Ms. Higurashi, that is just what I was looking for. Something about yourself." Kurama said. Kagome just nodded and looked at the clock. She closed her eyes and sighed. She never meant for that poem to get out into the open. But she needed something. She drowned out the sound of Kurama as she laid her head on her desk. She stared at the poster of Save the Last Dance that the other teacher who used this room had up.

Be yourself…Kagome thought as she lifted her head and turned to Kurama again. She yawned slightly as the bell rang.

"Ms. Higurashi, did you have a late night last night?" Kurama asked as they both left the class. You see, Kurama is also the Mythology teacher. So he and Kagome would walk to class together since she was the only one in his English class to take Mythology.

"No, not really anyway." Kagome said as she rubbed her eyes. Kurama smiled at his student. "Are we going to continue the movie today?"

"Yes, we are." They were watching a movie about a demon bandit that stole a precious jewel, the Shikon-no-Tama. Kagome smiled. She was the one who had the movie and was lending it to Mr. Minamino. She smiled as she remembered the whole story. The bandit steals the jewel he is stopped by a wandering miko. The bandit attacked the miko, who allowed it and didn't do anything. Before the bandit killed the miko he looked into her eyes and saw sadness. From that day on, the Bandit gave her the jewel and disappeared from the village. He left with the words, `We will meet again Miko…until then take care.' The miko walked to the village and returned it. They in turn told her to keep it and guard it as she traveled.

Kagome smiled and sighed happily. "Something you would like to share?" Kurama asked. Kagome shook her head and raced into the class room just as the bell rung. Kurama blinked at her as she just smiled.

Everyone was seated as Kurama walked in. "Alright class…we will be continuing with the movie today." The whole class started to whisper about it. Kurama smiled. "From what I heard this is the part is very sad…" He pressed play on the TV and turned off the lights.

***Movie…

There was a fight between the silver fox demon and a strong half breed. `You'll never defeat me Youko…' The half breed hissed. The silver fox demon appeared a few yards away with a kind of whip in his hand. As the other demon…Halfling lunched at the fox an arrow zipped through the air and plunged itself into him. `Miko…'

Just beyond Youko was a young girl dressed in a traditional miko outfit. She notched another arrow. `Kagome…' (Everyone knows the Kagome in the class was named after the miko in the legend) Youko smiled at her. Kagome let another arrow fly through the arrow piercing the evil Halfling's shoulder.

`Wench, you will not defeat me that easily. For I Naraku, will kill you!' Just as Naraku said that, a wooden tentacle pierced the miko's chest from behind. Youko's eyes widened in disbelief.

***

In the class room, for some reason Kagome was leaning on her left hand tapping her pencil silently on the table. No…that is not how it happened. She thought to herself as her eyes flashed amber briefly. She then held her head and shook it. What am I thinking…what was that?

***Movie

`Kagome!' Youko's eyes bled red. He turned toward Naraku in the glory of his demon raged. As he attacked Naraku, Kagome dropped to her knees. Her thoughts were spoken aloud as it showed Youko fighting and killing Naraku.

I have found a mate. Only to leave him with our human child. I have yet to tell him that she is under the Lord's care. I am sorry. But…

As Youko stalked over to Kagome with Naraku's blood on himself, she pulled out the whole Shikon-no-Tama. `Kagome, what are you doing…' He asked her.

`Something I should have done when we first…'

***

Suddenly the VCR started to smoke. "Whoa!" Mr. Minamino tried to eject the tape only to have it ruined. "Well, doesn't look like we will be getting to see the end of that story. Sorry Kag, we ruined your tap." He turned to her to see her put her hand on her elbow and lean back on her chair. He raised an eyebrow.

"It is alright Mr. Minamino." Kagome spoke quickly. She put a hand to head and shook it once more. Out of the corner of her eye, Kagome saw her book bag starting to levitate. She grabbed it and pulled it onto her lap. The bell rang and Kagome quickly left heading toward the Chemistry classroom. She sat down in the Chemistry Class in the back and sighed.

`Just great…things are starting to float around me.' Kagome smiled as Rin sat down by her.

"Kagome you alright?" Rin asked worriedly.

"Yes…" Kagome said absently.

"You know English Kagome?" Rin asked confusedly. Kagome blinked at Rin. She shook her head.

"Do you all have your notes ready?" An emotionless voice asked as he entered the room. Sesshomaru West…the Chemistry teacher was cold and emotionless to all but a handful of students and teachers. This included Rin and Kagome. "We all will be doing labs today, so I suggest you get with your lab partner and start as soon as you can."

Kagome smiled and got up and went to her lab table with Rin. They got out a beaker, an eye dropper, the fire sparker, chemicals they needed. Of course they had aprons and goggles on while doing this. They sparked the fire under the beaker and started to pour the chemicals in.

"Iron Chromate…" Rin wrote down her observations and results for her and Kagome.

"Easier than we thought huh Rin?" Kagome asked as she turned off the gas, making to fire extinguish. As she went to grab the beaker to pour the contents out, it levitated. Kagome's hand his the metal of the burner as the beaker dropped in the sink, breaking the glass and immediately catching on fire somehow. Rin pulled back with Kagome and looked at her hand as Mr. West put out the fire. He turned to Kagome and stared at her hand.

"Higurashi what happened?" He asked sternly. Kagome looked at him then her hand. She couldn't just say that the beaker levitated.

"I knocked over the beaker and burnt my hand." She said quickly. "I'll be fine, it is just a minor burn." Kagome said as Sesshomaru took her hand. He narrowed his eyes as he noticed her hand barely had burns on it.

"Higurashi, we should take you to the nurse." He said as the bell rang.

"Sorry sir, but I have gym!" Kagome grabbed her stuff and ran out. Rin looked sadly after Kagome.

"Rin, what's going on?" Sesshomaru asked her.

"It is not my place to tell you." Rin said and left for her next class.

~~~

Kagome smiled as she got dressed into her gym clothes. She pulled her hair back into a ponytail and waited for Kayko and Botan. The three of them walked to their part of the gym and waited for the teacher.

"What are we doing today?" Kayko asked Kagome.

"I don't know…" Kagome said. Once everyone was out the gym teacher came. He had black baggy pants and a black tank top. He had a white head band and spikey black hair with red eyes.

"Hn…" He cleared his throat and everyone got around him. "Martial Arts." The boys cheered as the girls groaned. "Freestyle, Inuyasha and Kagome, you first." The teacher spoke.

"Mr. Jaganshi, why put me up with a weak girl…" Inuyasha whine. "She won't be worth the time." Kagome rolled her neck and looked at Inuyasha.

"Scared you'd get beat by a girl Inu-chan?" Kagome taunted in English. Only Kayko, Botan, Inuyasha, and the teacher Hiei Jaganshi knew what she said.

"That's it let's go…" Inuyasha lunged at Kagome. She dropped to the ground on her back as he sailed over her. She flipped up and took her stance as Inuyasha got up. Hiei raised an eyebrow slightly. I think you should see this Fox…He thought.

Kagome beckoned Inuyasha with her hand. Inuyasha charged at her and threw a punch at her. Kagome threw up her hand and kicked out her foot. She effectively blocked Inuyasha punch then kicked him off balance. She then went down and swept Inuyasha's leg out from under him. She rolled away from him and stood up.

From the corner of the gym Kurama watched as Kagome dusted off her shoulder and walked away. Hiei also seem to notice that Inuyasha was getting up as Kagome walked away. Before Hiei could do anything Inuyasha lunged at Kagome.

"Kagome!" Botan and Kayko cried. Kagome turned just in time to see Inuyasha in the air right before her. Hiei narrowed his eyes as Kurama's eyes widen at what they saw. Kagome's hand was up, out in front of her, and Inuyasha was just floating in the air.

"My god…" Kagome whispered as she let her hand drop, so did Inuyasha.

"Kagome…" Botan whispered. Kagome looked around at the shock students faces. Kagome looked down at the ground and closed her eyes as she heard them whisper about how she is a freak. She quickly turned and ran out of the gym into the girls' locker room.

"Everyone, pick a partner and spar!" Hiei commanded as he walked to Kurama.

~~~

Kagome quickly grabbed her book bag and shoved her stuff in it. She kept her black adidas pants and black tank top on as she rushed out of the gym. She shouldered the bag and quickly walked to the Library on the second floor. She held her head and headed to the section on Legends and Myths.

As she looked for a book one book seemed to jump out at her. It was old and had a leather covering. On the front it said K. Journal. Kagome blinked, she never seen this before. She quickly put it in her bag and looked for more on the Demon Bandit and Wandering Miko. She found the whole legend in a book. She checked that out as she kept the journal hidden in her book bag. She headed to the roof of the school to read the book and the journal. Kagome sat down against the fence and took out the book, leaving the journal for later.

`The Demon Bandit known as Youko was known for his trickery, thievery, and womanizing. He then met a wandering miko who changed his mind and became his mate. This will tell you the story of both and how they met and were together.'

"Yada Yada…I know this…" Kagome flipped through the pages until she saw paragraph.

`The wandering miko known as Kagome looked back at Youko as the orbs floated around her. "Was this why you were cast out of your village?" The Demon Bandit asked. "Hai, it was cause of my telekinesis that I was banished."

"Telekinesis…moving objects with ones mind…" Kagome blinked and looked through the book until she came to a picture with the demon bandit and wandering miko. The demon bandit was hugging the miko from behind. Kagome's eyes widened. "She…looks like me…" Kagome ran her fingers over the picture and looked at the caption below. "This painting was done by Kasumi, the Kitsune cub that had lost her parents and gained new ones." Kagome continued to flip through the pages until she came to another picture of the miko, in a white kimono with Freesia blossoms on it. "Done by the Lady of the Eastern Lands…The Lord of the Western Lands twin sister."

Kagome sighed at the picture. If only I could be her…beauty, brains, a mate who loves her…Kagome idly ran her finger over the picture. Too bad I only have her looks…Kagome sighed and stood up bagging the book. "Better get to math," She said to herself as the bell rang for the last period.

~~~

Mr. Montis is just a bastard….he always gave Kagome a hard time. Kagome sighed as she walked from the bus stop with her head phones on. She was listened to her burn CD. She was right now listening to Wonderful Journey by Richard Marx. She walked up the stairs of the shrine and sighed as she walked into her house. Mom shouldn't be home until 4…I got some time to myself.

Kagome immediately went up to her room and started her computer and went to Microsoft word. She continued with her fanfiction. This was her specialty, writing stories. She worked on it until her mother came home.

"KAGOME!" Her mom called. Kagome came rushing down the stairs.

"Yes Mom?" Kagome said as she looked at her mom. Kun-Loon looked mad.

"Clean up this mess!" Her mother said as she pointed to the messy kitchen.

"But mom Souta did this! He should clean it up!" Kagome objected. (Souta is in college and older)

"DO IT NOW!" Kun-Loon shouted at her daughter. Kagome bite her lip and nodded. She quickly got to work and started to clean up the mess.

~~~

Kagome sighed and plop down onto her bed. She had done her chores and everything her mom asked her too only to be yelled at that she did it wrong. Kagome changed into her pajamas and sighed. She didn't want to do her homework, she was too depressed. Her mom had called her a bitch and said she was stupid. She could take it.

She pulled her journal out of her drawer and took out a pen. She was glad her mom had a job that took up most of her time. She started to write in her journal for the night. Kagome turned off the light as she put away her journal. She laid down in her bed and started to drift asleep.

~~~End of Chapter

Preview of Next Chapter: Kagome here, life bites yea, we all know…but what happens after weeks of the same thing. My grades drop with me knowing and report cards come out. Mommy….no….please!

Next time on Nanashi Kuraku -> Unknowingly

How do you like people!? Please tell Please tell!