InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Coldness ❯ The Fight ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ages
Kagome-19
Shippo- 12
Yusuke-20
Kurama-21
Hiei-21
Kuwabara-19
Kagome walked over to the four boys standing in her yard. Once they realized she was there they all looked at her.
"What are you doing here?" She asked them.
"Kagome I'm hurt. You don't remember me your own cousin?" Yusuke said to her in a hurt voice.
"Yusuke." She said and went up to him. She hugged him and he returned it.
"So what brings you here? I'm guessing you aren't here for a family visit." Kagome said to him.
"What makes you think that?" Yusuke asked her curiously.
"Well let's see. You have two demons with you and you're a hanyou and you and the human have high spirit energy. Not to mention the one in the orange hair has a mind as open as a book. Its quiet easy to read his mind." Kagome replied to him and started to laugh when she looked at their faces. Three of them were shocked but the other was emotionless. The fire and ice apparition had no emotions on his face, which bothered her a bit.
"How do you know about demons and since when can you read minds?" Yusuke asked her suspiciously.
"Well I'm around demons almost everyday and I'm a miko so I should know when demons are around. Not to mention I am a demon." She mumbled but they still heard her.
"You fight demons, you're a miko AND you're a demon. How is that possible and how did it happen?" Yusuke asked her curiously and slightly angry. He was mad that his own cousin wouldn't tell him what was going on in her life. Not that it was his business but he was worried for her.
"I'm not sure how its possible but it did and to how it happened your going to have to tell me who your friends are, what your story is and why you here first. And don't tell me that you have no story. You must if you are hanging out with a human that has a silver fox spirit laying within it (is that right? I'm not really sure if I explained it right or got it right. Can someone tell me if I'm right?) And a fire and ice apparition. I'm sure demons like them don't want to be stuck with humans." Kagome said to him.
"How do you know that they don't want to be stuck with humans?" Yusuke asked.
"Well by the way the apparition looks. He doesn't look too happy or friendly at that. Not to mention he shows no emotion. The fox on the other hand I'm not too sure of." Kagome said to him.
As soon as she finished that sentenced she was against a tree with a sword at her neck.
"Do not think you know me ningen." Hiei snapped. He was pissed that this ningem said things about him.
"I know I don't know you but by the way you look and by the way your soul feels you seem cold. Like you don't care about nothing but yourself and from what I see its true. You care for nobody but yourself. And don't call me a ningen. I'm not a human." Kagome said angrily at the accession.
"You know nothing about me." Hiei stated angrily at her and pressed his sword harder against her throat.
"I know that you care for nobody that is all I need to know. Now get your damn sword off me." Kagome yelled even angrier. Her eyes were half blood red.
"Hiei get the fuck off my cousin." Yusuke yelled at him and was about to pull him off but Kagome beat him to it.
She punched him in the stomach really hard and he let go of her. She pulled her own sword out and got into a defensive stance.
"You bitch." Hiei growled. Kagome let her energy out just to show him that she was not a weakling that he was probably saying about her. Everyone's eyes widened. Hiei's did also but only slightly. You could barley see it.
"That's only about 15 of my power, you arrogant jerk." Kagome yelled at Hiei. Hiei growled at her. They were all surprised that she was about as strong as Yusuke and that's only at 15 of her power. They knew she wasn't lying. If she was they would sense it.
"Don't call me names bitch." Hiei snapped.
"You should take your own advice you asshole." Kagome said so angry that her eyes were fully blood red. She was barley containing the animals that resided in her and her demon side. This guy was disrespecting her and annoying her. He was also a threat to her kit that resided inside, which made her want to kill him so her kit wouldn't be in any trouble.
"Kagome calm down. He's like this to everyone but once you get to know him he is fine." Yusuke said trying to calm her down.
"What makes you think that I want to get to know this arrogant son of a bitch?” Kagome stated.
Just as Yusuke was about to answer Shippo came out of the house and jumped right into Kagome arms which made her drop her sword on the floor. Her blood red eyes instantly disappeared.
"Okasan. I was worried about you. I sensed demons out here so when you didn't come back in five minutes like you said you would I though something happened." Shippo said worriedly.
"It's ok Shippo. I'm fine see." Kagome said to him trying to make him calm down.
"No your not. You have blood on your neck." Shippo said and his eyes were tinted blood red. He was mad that someone tried to hurt his mother. To him that was unacceptable. He jumped out of her arms and started to growl at the intruders. Well that's what he saw them as.
Kagome looked down at her neck the best she could and could see some blood running down it.
"Kagome Higurashi you have a son?" Yusuke yelled at her.
"Yeah but has adopted Yusuke so don't yell. Anyway I don't see how it's your business." Kagome said to him.
"It is my business if you're my cousin and you have a son already." Yusuke said.
"Is not." Kagome said.
Than all of a sudden Yusuke and Kuwabara started to laugh at Shippo, which only made both him, and Kagome angry.
"What's so funny?" Kagome asked calmly but you could hear the anger in her voice.
"The fact that the little kid thinks he could protect you." Yusuke said and Kagome and Shippo smirked. Shippo turned to his mother and looked in her eyes and she knew what he wanted so she nodded.
In an instant he was gone and was nowhere to be seen.
"Where'd the little kid go? Did he turn invisible?" Kuwabara asked stupidly.
"No he's just jogging a bit." Kagome said to him, smirking.
"He's not jogging. If he was jogging we would be able to see him. He has a very low energy and aura signal. I can't even sense any power from him." Kurama said to her.
"No he is jogging. He's just suppressing his energy like I am. I trained him after I got trained. He's been training with me for two years. He's as strong as yusuke now." Kagome said to them and once again they were all shocked. Everyone except Hiei anyway. He looked as though he didn't believe it.
"I don't believe you onna." Hiei said coldly to her.
"I could care less if you believed me or not but just to show you. Shippo you are allowed to do what you wished to do." Kagome said to her son, which was nowhere in sight. You couldn't even feel his energy or see his aura.
All of a sudden Hiei felt a pain in his stomach and looked down and saw a dagger sticking out of it.
"What the.." He said and everyone looked his way. He pulled the dagger out.
"Hiei what the hell happened?" Kurama asked him, seeing the wound.
Just than Shippo appeared next to Kagome with a smirk on his face.
"That's what you get for hurting my mother." Shippo said to him and growled.
"The shrimp got hurt by a kid." Kuwabara said and started laughing hysterically.
"It's not funny. You know what Koenma is going to do now? He's going to want Kagome as a spirit detective. Not to mention we have a injured demon on our hands." Yusuke said and both Kagome and Shippo looked confused.
"Okasan?" Shippo said and looked at her.
"Yeah?" Kagome said to him. She didn't look at him though. He was too busy looking at the boy who had attacked her just incase something happened.
"What's a spirit detective?" Shippo asked her.
"That's a good question. I'll have to tell you when figure it out." Kagome said to him and he fell over anime style.
"You don't know?" Shippo asked her and she shook her head. By now everyone was looking their way.
Hiei's wound was beginning to heal already and would be healed by tomorrow. The wound was not fatal but it was enough for him to realize that this was a sign to him. It said not to mess with this kit or his mother or else you'll be killed. He knew that's what it meant but he didn't care. No kit and his mother were going to scare him.
"You know you should be grateful that he didn't throw it in your stomach and just stabbed you and that he didn't mean it. If he threw it you and meant it you would be in serious need of a doctor right now." Kagome stated.
"What do you know onna?" Hiei snapped angrily. This affected his pride also. A mere kit hit him. Not even people taller than him or stronger than him could get close enough to him to hurt him. Yet here is a kit that could do that. His pride took a fatal blow.
He was mad that that had happened. He couldn't believe it though. He should have saw it coming but he didn't. If the kit really wanted to kill him he would be dead right now. It was just a warning sign. He might have been angry at the kit but he was a bit impresses that a kit could do that to him.
"I know a lot more about my son than you do." Kagome said, smirking. She wasn't going to get mad right now. She had no reason to. Her son just hit a demon twice the size of his height and one that was stronger than him. She was very proud of her son. She had only been training him for two years now.
It had been two years since she had finished training with her parents. She taught him what her parents had taught her so he would become strong and because if she ever did leave him in the past with the hanyou he would know how to defend himself if the hanyou ever tried to hurt him again. Not that she would ever leave him in the past anymore.
"Okasan. Can you tell them not to call me kit or kid and to call me by my name? I hate when people do that." Shippo whined.
"Yeah. I'll tell him." Kagome said but she didn't have to since they heard.
"Now back to what we were saying before. Who are they cousin?" Kagome asked Yusuke.
"The one in next to me is Kuwabara, The fox is Kurama and the one that your son hit is Hiei." Yusuke said to her and pointed to each one of them as he said their name.
"Ok. Now Hiei come here." Kagome said to him.
"Hn." He said and turned his back on her.
"Well I was going to fix your stomach but now I don't think I will." Kagome said to him a little annoyed.
"I don't need help from you onna." He said and jumped into a tree.
"Ok if you say so." Kagome said. What's with demons and trees she wondered.
"Now why are you guys here?" Kagome asked them.
"Our boss wanted to know why there was a lot of energy coming from here. He said to bring that person to him. So will you come?" Kurama asked her.
"Yeah I guess I'll come with you. After all I have nothing to worry about if Yusukes there, right couz?" Kagome asked him, smiling.
"Yeah. I wouldn't let anything happen to you. So is junior coming?" Yusuke said to her. Shippo growled at him for that comment. Kagome looked at him and he shut up. He knew that Yusuke was just plating around but he still didn't like it.
"Yeah he's coming. Just one minute. I'm letting my animals out so you better behave yourselves because once there out they could do what they please. I want them next to me when we go to see your boss. As for the reason that is none of your concern." Kagome said and let her animals unfuse with her. All her animals appeared right next to her.
"Let me introduce you guys to my animals and there also spirits. Ryuujin is my dragon, Burakkupansaa is my panther, Mouko my tiger, Ookami my wolf and Karasuhebi my snake." Kagome said to them and they all stared at the animals.
"How do you have them?" Yusuke asked her.
"My parents gifts to me after they trained me." Kagome said to him and looked down at them. Ryuujin jumped on her and wrapped around her neck but not hard. He placed his head on her right shoulder and glared at the intruders. Karasuhebi did the same thing but was below the dragon's body and he had his head on her left shoulder. He was also glaring at them.
"You two comfortable?" Kagome asked them and looked at both of them. They both nodded to her.
"They understand you?" Yusuke asked.
"Yeah. They're my little protectors all five of them." Kagome said to him.
"Speaking of your family were are they?" Yusuke asked her and Kagome looked at the ground.
Kagome thought he would haven't ask that question so she didn't expect it. She immediately remembered what she had witnessed when she came home to the future with Shippo.
Flashback
Kagome was coming home from the past for a little rest. Shippo was pretty strong right now. She had been training him for a year. Her and Shippo had just come out of the well when blood had reached their noses. (Shippo was on her shoulder). Kagome immediately rushed into the house and soon regretted it. Her family was there lying in their own blood.
Now she knew why her mother had said that to her after her parents had trained her. 'Kagome we trained you so you could defend yourself against people who want you dead. Since you are forbidden just like me and your father you will be hunted like us so don't be surprised if I go soon. Or if someone comes after you.' She must have known she was going to die and that just pissed Kagome off. Her mother knew she was going to die yet she couldn't tell her that so she could protect her.
"Okasan are they." Shippo trailed off.
"Yeah Shippo they are. Shippo go outside ok. I have to umm do something." Kagome said and Shippo was about to argue but he saw Kagomes face so he left to go outside and wait for her.
As soon as he was outside Kagome went over to the bodies of her family. "Stupid you could have told me. I would have made sure they didn't get you." She said to her mother. She put her hand over each one of them and used her firepower to turn them to ash. She took three jars from a cabinet and put each one of their ashes in one.
"Don't worry I'll find out who did this and kill them. I promise." Kagome said to them. She cleaned up everything that was covered with blood and she noticed that only downstairs had blood in it. Upstairs was untouched. 'Weird' She thought. She went to her room and put their ashes in a safe she had. She than sat on her bed and cried for what seemed forever but it was only a couple of minutes.
She went outside to where Shippo was. "Okasan are we going to live here still?" Shippo asked her and she nodded. His eyes were red and puffy so you could see that he had been crying. He had been coming here every time Kagome came home and they were his only family really and now they were gone. He only had his mom left.
"Ok. Do you know who did this?" Shippo asked her and she shook her head.
"I'll find out though and get them Shippo." Kagome said to him. "Ok but isn't the place gonna smell like blood?" He asked her and she nodded.
"That's why were going to get new things for the house and fix it up." Kagome said and Shippo nodded. They did fix the house up but at first they were a little hesitant to do it since it was the one of the things that reminded them of their family. But they decided to in the end.
Flashback Ended
"Well Kagome where are they? I don't sense them in the house." Yusuke said to her.
"You never will again." Kagome said to him and looked at him.
"Why?" He asked worried.
"Their dead." Kagome said and his heart stopped.
"What?" He said thinking he heard her wrong.
"You heard me right. Their dead. Murdered is more like it." Kagome said to him.
"How and Why?" Yusuke sad shocked that part of his family that actually cared about him was killed.
"Hunters killed them. Why they killed them? Because my mom was a forbidden child. Part Fire and Ice/water. My dad was killed the same way all those years ago for the same reason. Him for being part dark and Light. I'm also hunted for this. But unlike my parents I have more powers than them since I am part fire, ice, dark, and light apparition and dragon. I'm more forbidden than they both are. Soon they're going to try to get me." Kagome said sadly.
"No they won't get you. I won't allow it." Yusuke said angrily. His powers were rising because he was so angry.
"They won't get me but they will come for me." Kagome said.
"If and when they come they're all dead." Yusuke said and he looked as if his demon side was going to come out.
"Yusuke you have to calm down before you lose control." Kagome said trying to calm him down.
"Why should I calm down? I just found out almost my whole family is dead. How come we weren't told about this anyway?" Yusuke said he was calming down but only a bit.
"Well I wanted to keep it a secret for now. I was going to tell you after I was done with the past. And you should calm down because if your powers go any higher you might have to pay for me to build a brand new house." Kagome said.
"Fine for now." Yusuke said and calmed down little by little.
"Lets leave now. Yusuke will you call Botan?" Kurama asked him and he nodded.
Meanwhile Hiei was thinking about what this girl had just said to them well she really said it to her cousin. Anyway she's forbidden just like me but she says she more forbidden than both of her parents. That has to be rough. She's probably even more hunted than I am. No wonder she acts a bit cold towards people that aren't her family. I do the same thing but to everyone I know. She must have a hard life. Hiei thought to himself.
He called Botan and she made a portal to them and she stepped through it.
Kagomes animals were on alert as soon as she stepped out of the portal. They didn't know who she was so they had to be careful.
"Hello everyone. Who are you?" Botan asked Kagome.
"I'm Kagome Higurashi. It's nice to finally meet you lady death. Although I pictured you different." Kagome said to her and she looked shocked for a minute.
"It's nice to meet you too. You must be the one Koenma sent for." Botan said and Kagome nodded.
"Ok. Enough talk. Lets Go." Yusuke said annoyed and walked through the portal.
Kurama was next, than Botan, Next was Kuwabara and last was Shippo.
"You go first Hiei. I don't trust you much. So you go first." Kagome said to him and waited for him to go.
"Hn." He said and jumped down from the tree. He walked through the portal and than she did.