InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Coldness ❯ Meeting ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

They were in a huge office with a gigantic screen behind a desk and twisting chair. Five chairs were in front of the desk. Every spirit detective sat down except Hiei who just leaned against the wall with his eyes closed. Kagome just stood next to the chair her cousin was in refusing to sit. Shippo sat in the chair instead and moved it so it was right next to her.
 
A toddler was in the chair eating noodles. He looked up and saw everyone staring at him. He almost choked on his food but he didn't. Once he swallowed it down he looked up again. “Umm….Aren't you four suppose to be on a mission and who is this?” He asked them a bit annoyed that he didn't get to finish his noodles. “This is my cousin.” Yusuke said to him and he looked towards Kagome.
 
Kagome just looked at him, an eyebrow raised in confusion. “Okay before I answer any of your questions I want you to answer two of mine.” Kagome said and Koenma nodded to her. “Good. One how does a toddler talk? And two what the hell is a spirit detective?” she asked as Yusuke and Kuwabara started to laugh hysterically. Kurama chuckled and Hiei did absolutely nothing. Koenma fell over in his chair though.
 
When he regained his composer he went back in his chair and changed into his teenage from. “Oh so you're a teenager. Got it.” Kagome said to him. “Yes. I am Koenma Prince of Spirit World and I'm not exactly a teenager, I'm much older but this is the only other from I have. As for what a spirit detective is I'll tell you later. I have more important questions to ask you.” Koenma stated.
 
“Whatever and you two hush up.” Kagome replied. Yusuke and Kuwabara shut up instantly and looked at Koenma. “Okay Kagome we seem to have had huge amounts of energy coming from your shrine and what the hell are those?” Koenma asked pointing to Karasuhebi and Ryuujin. All the animals growled a warning to him. “My protectors. You have a problem with them?” Kagome asked Koenma and he quickly shook his head.
 
“Good.” Kagome replied. “Anyway why are there huge amounts of energy coming from your home? And why are you a demon? Our records here say you are a human but a priestess.” “Well I guess your records are a bit off now aren't they?” Kagome asked him.
 
“Yes, I suppose so. Now will you tell me what has happened to make you this way?” Koenma asked her. “Look up Kagome Koukisousui in your computer. It should tell you all about me.” Kagome said to him.
 
“I thought your last name was Higurashi?” Yusuke asked her. “No. I'm not exactly you think I am. That was my mother's last name. I changed my last name to match my fathers.” “Oh, ok.” Yusuke said.
 
“Well here it is. It says…” Koenma trailed off as his eyes widened as he looked at the information on the screen. “What?” Yusuke asked him. “Oh, nothing important I suppose.” “What do you mean by I suppose?” Kagome asked him.
 
“Well it is important but not to you since you probably already now your heritage.” Koenma replied. “Heritage?” Kagome asked him. “Yeah. You do know who you are don't you?” Koenma asked her and she shook her head. `This may work out to my advantage. I could get her like this.' Koenma thought to himself.
 
Unknown to him someone heard him. “Well I'll make you a deal. I'll tell you what it says if you swear your loyalty to me and promise to never attack anybody that's has something to do with spirit world.” Koenma said to her. “Fuck no. I'm not going to swear my loyalty to you and I can kill and attack anybody I wish. That deal sucks.” Kagome said to him.
 
`What the fuck does he think I'm stupid and naïve?' Kagome though. `You are though.' Someone said to her. `Asshole. Can you stay out of my fucking head? Leave me alone you pompous ass.' Kagome growled to Hiei.
 
She put mental barriers up before he could answer. She did hear him growl at her though. She just rolled her eyes. “Well it is that or else you don't get any of the info here.” Koenma said to her. “As I said no. Give me a fair deal and I'll consider it.” Kagome replied to him.
 
“That is fair for the information here.” Koenma said to her. Kagome was getting curious now. `What the hell could it say?' She thought. “I don't know why I should work for information about myself.” Kagome growled at him. “Yeah that isn't fair. You should give my mother the information before she kills you.” Shippo said to him.
 
He was angry that this little baby would dare ask that of his mother. “Kit she will not kill me if she wishes to have the information.” Koenma said to him. “I am not a kit you toddler.” Shippo yelled at Koenma, his anger slowly rising.
 
“Yes you are a kit and I am not a toddler. I'm much older than you.” Koenma yelled at Shippo. “Koenma quiet now. You have no reason to yell at my son. You show disrespect by it and that is something I do not tolerate.” Kagome said to him calmly even though she was pissed. Koenma nodded slowly.
 
He didn't want to get on her bad side right now. “Very well. Now as for a different thing you could do to get the information. You could become a spirit detective. You'll have to work for me for quite a while or do an extremely hard mission out of your league to get the information I have though.” Koenma said to her.
 
`She has no idea what she is going to get herself into if she accepts.' Koenma thought. “Isn't that almost the same thing as the other thing you said?” Kagome asked him. “No not at all you jus need to do the work I tell you to do and you can't hurt your fellow members either.”
 
“That is the same thing.” Kagome said to him. “No not really. You're not pledging your loyalty to me. You are just working for me. And nobody who works for me can kill a fellow member unless I say so.” Koenma said to her.
 
“I guess it wouldn't be too bad. I'll get to be on a team with my cousin after all. Alright I'll do it.” Kagome said to him and he smirked. “Good. Now you still have some explaining to do. Mind telling us?” Koenma asked and she frowned.
 
`Fuck he does have some power over me now.' Kagome thought. `Momma was that wise?' Shippo asked her. `I don't know right now Shippo. We'll see how things unfold.' Kagome replied and shut the link between her son and her. `That was not wise at all. Did you learn nothing from your training?' Ryuujin yelled in her head.
 
`Shit. Do you have to yell?' `Yes do you know what you have just done? You did the same thing he said before AND now you have to work for him. You are an idiot.' He yelled angrily. `Ooops?' `There is no Ooops for this. You could have got the information else where but no you had to be stupid and say yes to him without thinking.' He said to her.
 
`I'm sorry jeez. Calm yourself. I'll deal with this. I can't go back on my word so we're stuck with it. We'll see what happens first. If we don't like it well I don't know. We'll do something. Is that ok with you o might one?' Kagome asked him. `Fine.' He growled to her and shut the link.
 
“Ok. Here is my story. You may want to sit down. We'll be here for a while.” Kagome said and once everyone was comfortable she began. “Oh and you have to tell me your story afterwards too and don't say you don't have one I wasn't born yesterday. Any ways it all started when I was 16 <insert story>.” Kagome told them everything that had happened during the past few years of her life.
 
“Well that's interesting. I would not have expected that. One of your missions is to finish the jewel with my spirit detectives of course. And for your first mission there seems to be a large energy in a deserted warehouse outside Tokyo on an isolated island.
 
Nobody lives there from what we know. I want you to go and check it out, alone. It would prove that I can send you on mission alone if I needed to and incase you can't handle it my other detectives will be standing by. Got it?” Koenma asked and she nodded. “I guess so.”
Kagome replied.
 
“There is no fucking way your sending my cousin alone on mission.” Yusuke yelled at once. “Yusuke I might be your younger cousin but I am perfectly capable of doing something by myself.” Kagome said to him. “Yeah but mom I don't want you to go either.” Shippo said and pouted.
 
“Shippo and Yusuke I promise you I'll be fine.” Kagome said and picked up Shippo and held him tightly. “If you get one single scratch your dead.” Yusuke said as she put Shippo back down. She smiled and hugged him, which he instantly returned.
 
“Ok so what exactly do I have to do?” Kagome asked Koenma turning to face him. “Alls you need to do is check out the island and if there are demons there that aren't suppose to be there than kill them. That's it.” Koenma said to her and she nodded.
 
“Fine with me.” Kagome said to him. “Everybody out now. I have things that I have to do. Kagome and Hiei stay though.” Koenma said and Kagome looked at him suspiciously. Hiei was sending him death glares.
 
“Well leave.” Koenma said as everyone else started at him. They all left with one last glance at the three still left in there. “Yusuke take care of Shippo.” Kagome told him and he nodded. “You two are both going to check this out. I don't care if you hate each other or not. Just finish the mission.” Koenma said to them.
 
“Do you doubt my abilities?” Kagome asked him. “No but it'll be better that you have back up just incase something happens. Got it?” Koenma asked both of them. “Whatever.” Kagome said. “Hn.” Hiei said still sending him death glares.
 
“I'll be watching you both from the screen. When I can anyway. Good Luck. Botan.” Koenma yelled. “Yes sir.” Botan said running into the room. “Botan open a portal the Higurashi shrine, and than when there done getting there things take them to the deserted island outside of Tokyo.” Koenma said and she nodded.
 
She opened a portal to the shrine and they stepped threw it. “Nice to see you again Lady Death.” Kagome said to her. “She's the exact opposite of what she's suppose to be.” Hiei mumbled. He hated people so happy and hyper like her. Botan glared at Hiei.
 
“It's nice to see you again too Kagome right?” “Yeah that's me. I'll be back in a second. Let me get my things.” Kagome said and ran into her house to get some things. “She seems nice.” Botan thought out loud. “Seems is the key word.” Hiei mumbled and Botan glared at him again.
 
Kagome came out five minutes later with a black backpack that looked stuffed. “Ok all ready.” Kagome said to them. “Hiei do you need to get anything?” Botan asked and he shook his head. “Okay good. Bye guys and Good luck on the mission.” Botan said to them.
 
She opened the portal and they both stepped forward. Not sure of what was ahead for both of them. One thing was for sure though they were so not looking forward to the next few days together. They both stepped out of the portal and into a huge forest with trees about 50 feet tall.
 
“Hiei.” Kagome said. He ignored her and jumped into a tree. He leaned back against it with his eyes shut and waited for her to continue which he knew she was going to do even if he wasn't listening. “Okay well I'm going to say what I have to say weather your listening or not.” Kagome said to him. `Knew it.' He said to himself.
 
“Your smart, aren't you? Knew exactly what I was going to do.” Kagome said to him and he looked down at her shock in his eyes. “How the hell did you know what I was thinking when I have my barriers up?” He yelled at her. She winced at the volume of his voice coming into her sensitive ears.
 
He noticed and lowered his volume. “Well?” he demanded. “You figure it out.” She said smiling to him. She turned around and started to walk away. Hiei was sending her death glares now and he was just pissed. `First she knows what I'm thinking and now she's showing me disrespect by turning her back on me. She's going to die if she's not careful.” Hiei thought. “Am not.” Kagome yelled to him and he almost fell out of the tree. Kagome was about fifty yards away from him.
 
“Stop doing that.” He yelled at her. “Not unless you listen to me.” Kagome yelled back. “No.” “Than I'm not going to stop.” Kagome replied. Hiei scowled and ran to catch up with her. “Are you going to listen to me?” She asked him again and he thought about it.
 
`Well if I just listen to the stupid onna she'll stop peering into my thoughts and leave me alone and it I don't she'll know everything I'm saying from now on. Unless, I can shut her up some how. I don't even know why I'm thinking now since she could hear me. Well what do you think?' Hiei thought.
 
“I think your crazy. You should stop talking to yourself. It's not healthily.” Kagome replied to him and he growled a warning to her. “Onna stop this at once. You're annoying the hell out of me.” Hiei snarled. “Whatever. You're boring anyway. As to what I was going to tell you I'm still gonna say it even though you're not gonna listen.” Kagome said to him.
 
`Peace finally.' Hiei thought. “Hiei since I know you don't like me and since you know that I don't like you I think we shouldn't talk or interact with each other at all. Unless we are helping each other with something. That's about it. So what do you think?” Kagome asked him. `I think that you should stop talking to yourself it's not healthy.' Hiei replied to her. `Why you little ….' Kagome said to him.
 
`Idiot. He stole what I said and used it against me that thief.' Kagome thought to herself. She smirked after a while though. “Hiei why are you talking to me if you hate me?” She asked and he was stumped. Why was he talking to her? She tried to kill him after all.
 
`Yeah but she only did it because you were being an ass.' He heard someone say. `Who the fuck are you?' `I'm you I guess.' `Oh and what do you want?' `That's a good question. I'll get back to you on that.' He said and vanished. `That was weird.' Hiei thought.
 
“Why are you talking to me if you hate me?” Hiei asked her smirking. “Because I like to talk. What's your excuse?” She replied. He wasn't expecting that. “Ummm…” he didn't know what to say so he said nothing. “Ok. You don't know. Well I suppose that's better than saying something that isn't true.” Kagome said as she kept walking.
 
“Hn” Hiei replied as he jumped from tree to tree following her. They walked in silence until the sun went down which was about two hours later. “We're almost there. I can feel the energy getting stronger the farther we walk.” Kagome said to Hiei. “Hn.” Hiei said and sat in a tree with one of his legs daggling off the side. His head was against the tree and his arms were folded in front of him.
 
Kagome made dinner, set up a fire and put her sleeping bag out. She asked Hiei if he wanted any but he refused. After she ate she went to bed.