InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Coldness ❯ Damn! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Honoo was on the ground with Ryuujin hovering over him. Both had many wounds but Honoo seemed to have a lot more. Ryuujin was roaring in victory as he brought his tail down to crush Honoo's neck. Honoo's movements ceased. “Looks like I win brother.” Kagome said as she looked at her brother who was in deep shock. Ryuujin saw Mumei out of the corner of his eye and growled. His tail made it's way towards him while he was distracted and wrapped around his body tightly. Mumei was brought back to reality when he felt it wrap around him. He struggled and tried to get out but it was no use. Ryuujin brought Mumei up to his mouth and was about to spit fire at him when kagome spoke. “Ryuujin put him down and come back here.” Kagome yelled to her dragon.
 
Her dragon growled not wanting to obey. His hold on Mumei increased and you could hear Mumei's bones starting to crack. “Ryuujin. Now.” Kagome yelled angry that her dragon wouldn't listen to her. Her dragon snorted still refusing to let go of the murderer. “Ryuujin. I'm not going to ask you again.” Kagome yelled at him and his glowing blood red eyes turned to her. He opened his mouth and shot fireballs at her. Her eyes widened as they came closer to her. She never thought her dragon would try and kill her. She dodged most of them but one of them hit her on the arm, making her drop to the floor in pain. She clutched her burnt arm and looked up at Ryuujin who seemed rather pleased. “What the fuck has gotten into you?” She yelled at him and he narrowed his eyes. He opened his mouth again but before he could shoot more fireballs Karasuhebi (snake) appeared in the front of him. He was the same height as Ryuujin.
 
`How the hell did he get out?' Kagome asked herself. “Ryuujinsss you willssss sssstop thissss rightsss nowsss.” Karasuhebi hissed at him. “They talk?” Yusuke yelled in confusion. “Yes Yusuke they can talk but usually they only talk telepathically.” Kagome answered. “No I will not stop from killing the killer of my mistress family. He deserves to die, her brother or not. He slaughtered them.” Ryuujin growled. “Ssstop. Thisss will notsss bringssss them backssss.” Karasuhebi hissed. “Maybe not but it will fulfill our revenge.” Ryuujin replied as his tightened his tail around Mumei who in response cried out in pain for the very first time. “Let me go you fire breathing fuck.” Mumei managed to choke out. Blood spilled out of his mouth and down his face and neck.
 
Ryuujin's attention turned back to the traitor as he growled threateningly. He was once again about to blow fire when he was tackled roughly to the ground. His tail hung onto Mumei even the force had sent him flying through the forest. Ryuujin was beyond pissed now. He had been stopped twice now and it was really getting on his nerves. He slowly stood, wobbly from the battle he had just fought and looked at his attacker. Mouko (tiger) stood there his eyes blazing at Ryuujin. `How the hell are they getting out?' Kagome wondered. “Mouko. Should have known you'd be the one to ram into me.” Ryuujin snarled. “Yes me. Now return to mistress body before we force you to Ryuujin. You are angering us all.” Mouko growled to him. “No not until our revenge is done.” “Whatsss dosss yousss meansss by oursss?” “Our revenge on the one who killed the last of our family not including Yusuke. Our revenge. We all want to kill the one who did do we not?” Ryuujin asked.
 
“We want revenge yes but not if it means defying our mistress orders. Do you not understand that?” Mouko snapped. “I understand perfectly fine. She wants to talk to him so he could escapes later and kill her.” “Whysss yousss littlesss bastardsss.” Karasuhebi hissed angrily. He rushed over to Ryuujin and wrapped his body tightly around him. He went up and wrapped himself around Ryuujin's neck twice and started to squeeze. Ryuujin was startled by the sudden attack but soon fell out of it. His clawed hand gripped part of the snake's body and pulled at it with his claws ripping the scales off. Karasuhebi hissed and bit down on Ryuujin's neck, hard. Blood dripped down the dragon's neck and out of the snake's mouth.
 
Ryuujin roared in pain and with both hands threw Karasuhebi across the forest. He was thrown with so much power that he landed in the ocean near the shore. Mouko was beyond pissed now. “This has gone too far.” He said as he charged at Ryuujin. He slashed Ryuujin's wings with his claws and whacked him in the head with his tail. Ryuujin already weak from the other fight with Honoo stayed on the ground not wanting to fight anymore. His tail never let go of Mumei however.
 
Meanwhile Kagome was in absolute shock that her animals, her protectors would fight each other. Verbally they did occasionally but never physically. When Ryuujin was knocked to the ground by Mouko the second time she snapped out of her shock and yelled, “What the fuck is wrong with you?” Mouko looked at her and stepped closer to her making sure not to step on her friends. He wrapped his huge tail gently around her and brought her up to his face. He opened his mouth and licked her face, making her all wet. “Ewww.” She said as she wiped the drool off her face and wiped it on her shirt and pants since she had nothing better to wipe it on.
 
“Put me down so I can call back Ryuujin, ok?” Mouko growled in response as he sent her down next to the wounded and half conscious dragon. “You know Ryuujin you're more trouble than you're worth sometimes.” Kagome said to her non-obedient dragon. “Ryuujin back now.” She yelled and he glowed a silvery color before retracting back into her arm. Mumei was dropped to the ground and groaned at the impact. “That's what you get for killing my family.” She said to him and he glared at her. “Fuck off.” He said as he tried to move. He failed and started a violent fit of coughing, which ended up in him coughing out globs of blood. Blood covered his pale hands as has he continued to cough up blood.
 
“I'll be back to get you.” He whispered to Kagome who heard him and started to laugh. “And just where do you think you're going?” She asked him. He painfully smirked at her and said, “To my place.” He disappeared into thin air after he said that. Kagome was shocked at how he just managed to disappear like that. “Damn him to fucking hell.” She yelled looking up to the sky. Her revenge would have to wait longer now. Her family would have to wait longer to rest in peace. She fell to her knees and pounded the ground causing a sever earthquake. Everything shook violently and all the trees in the vicinity fell down some coming close to hitting her teammates and her. “What the hell was that?” Yusuke yelled as he dodged the falling trees. “Okasan is pissed and she shows it by fighting or hitting something. In this case it was the ground, which made a huge earthquake. It usually only cracks when she hits it but I guess she is very pissed.” Shippo explained.
 
“Mouko go get Karasuhebi. He's somewhere by the shore. Bring him back here so I don't have to find him myself.” Kagome said to her tiger and he ran off to find the snake. The ground once again shook creating another earthquake but one that was smaller and less harmful than the last. Kagome buried her face in her hands with her hands brushing back resting on her bruised cheeks. “Damn it I had him. I had the killer of my family and I let him go. How stupid could I be?” Kagome asked herself. “Very stupid.” Someone said behind her. She whipped her head around to the sound of the voice and saw Hiei standing there.
 
“Nobody asked you.” “No but you did ask someone.” He replied. “Leave me alone you asshole.” Kagome said and Hiei sighed trying not to lose his short temper at her answers. “Don't dwell on not killing him now. Find him again and kill him. That's the only way to fulfill your revenge unless you wish to wait an eternity for him to show up again.” He said to her and left in the blink of an eye. She stared at the spot he was once in and gave a small smile. `He's right. I should forget about today about me letting him go and try to find him on my own. That way I can avenge our family and kill him in the process.' She though. She slowly stood and walked back over to the spirit detectives.
 
“Exactly how strong are Koenma and his father?” Kagome asked them. They all stared at her with blank expressions. A vein popped out pf her forehead at the silence. “I asked you a question.” “Well Koenma isn't really all that powerful but his father is. Plus they have their army people. Well the ones who work for them. I don't know what to call them.” Yusuke replied and she nodded. “Would it be called suicide to go after them?” She asked them and they looked at her as if she was crazy. “Apparently so.” She muttered. “Why do you want to know okasan? Your not planning of going after them are you?” Shippo asked as he walked over to her. She smiled and shook her head saying, “Just curious.”
 
“So Kagome who exactly was that?” Yusuke asked her and she turned her attention to him. “My brother.” “He killed your family didn't he?” Yusuke asked and she nodded. “What's his name and what kind of demon is he?” “Mumei and he is a fire and dragon demon.” Kagome replied. “Weird name he has.” “I suppose. Nameless that's what it means. Why would he call himself that?” “You mean it's not his real name?” Kuwabara asked. “Yeah. He has another name I'm sure. I'm just confused about him though.” Kagome said to them. “Why?” “He's my younger brother and I now nothing about him. I never even saw him before this. How is that if my mother had him? I mean I was bound to at least see him once right? And I should remember my mother having him too. I should have known about him but I don't. It's just not right. The information just doesn't' add up.” Kagome said as he shook her head.
 
“Maybe you just forgot about him. I mean you had to be a baby when he was born right?” Yusuke asked her and she nodded. “Yeah but still. Well whatever. I'll figure it out soon enough. Now why don't we go back to my house? I'm dead tired even though I don't look it.” Kagome asked them and they nodded. “Good now just have to wait for Mouko.” Mouko appeared a moment after she said that with Karasuhebi on her back. She placed him besides her master making sure it was far enough so he wouldn't crush her. “Good job Mouko. Now Karasuhebi and Mouko back.” She said as they glowed and returned to her body. “We can go now. Oh and by the way if a hanyou just happens to barge into my house will you not try and kill him? Just knock him out or something, ok?” Kagome asked and they nodded their head in confusion. “Ok but won't you be there to do something about it?” Yusuke asked her and she shook her head. “And why not?” “Because I'm going to bed. Night.” She said as she fainted. Before she hit the ground Hiei caught her in his arms. `Stupid women.' He thought as he looked at her.
 
“Well I guess we should go now.” Botan said as she opened a portal to Kagome's shrine. “Okasan never fainted before even if she was tired. I wonder why she did now?” “Wait a minute what do you mean she never faints?” “She never fainted even if she had no energy left in her. It's weird that she would now. I mean the only time she actually fainted was due to…..” Shippo stopped as his eyes widened. “Due to?” Yusuke asked. “Poison.” Shippo finished. Everyone went dead quiet. “What?” Yusuke yelled as he ran over to his cousin. “She might be poisoned?” He yelled as he looked closely at her wounds.
 
“Let me take a look Yusuke.” Kurama said as he walked over to her. He closely examined her wounds and nodded his head. “Yeah there is some kind of poison in her but I don't know what kind.” Kurama concluded. “Oh great. This is perfect. Can anything else go wrong?” “You mean other than the fact the poison will kill her if a antidote is not found within 48 hours?” Hiei asked them. “Damn this all to hell. And how the hell do you know this anyway?” Hiei shrugged at Yusuke question. “I don't know but I've seen this poison once before. The antidote is unfortunately in spirit world.” Hiei said to them.
 
“Great. Can it get any worst?” “We have to get the antidote if she is to live so one of us will have to go get it. The fastest of us perhaps.” Kurama suggested and Hiei sent him a death glare. “Hiei you're going to get the antidote and we'll watch her. If she dies you'll also die, got it?” Yusuke said to him and he reluctantly nodded. He didn't want to go but it was kinda his fault he didn't keep a good eyes on the girl. “Good now let's go.” Yusuke said as they all stepped through the portal to the shrine to think of a plan of how to get the antidote.
 
 
Sorry I haven't updated in a bit but my finger started to hurt like hell for some reason so I had to stop typing and writing until it got better. It feels somewhat better now so I'll be updating soon enough. And I'm also sorry it's not as long as the others but I'm writing this at night so I'm pretty tired.