InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ To Start a War ❯ THE Prologue ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

THE Prologue
 
Kurama sighed and twiddled his thumbs. In most cases he guesses himself to be a pretty patient guy. Kuwabara had digestive problems; he waited for him to feel better. Kuwabara didn't want to go to school until his cat was found; he waited for him. Yusuke was almost killed and had to have his soul placed back into his body; waited for him.
Kuwabara hadn't eaten his Sunday breakfast yet; waited for that too. All in all he was extremely patient seeing everything he's sat through; but waiting right now, in this room, was going to make him crazy.
 
The room was almost silent as the sound of hushed, strained whispering filed the air. Twelve individuals sat to the right of Kurama, and he was pretty sure they were going to take the rest of the hour. Three of them were arguing to the point were demons could almost hear what they were saying, two sat putting on makeup, four choose to ignore everything and text, two were deeply involved in a game of thumb war (Kurama recognized Yusuke and Kuwabara trying to twist the others arms with out being too conspicuous), and one was fast asleep.
 
Out of everyone sitting in the group, the most entertaining to watch were the group of two females and one male. From the looks of it, the girl in the front row was about to scream at the male sitting next to her, and the girl behind them was trying to keep them quiet. Kurama noted that the girls were in his culinary class, and never made anything without chocolate chips.
 
The girl in the front had striking blue eyes and long black hair pulled into a low ponytail. She was wearing blue jeans and a red shirt depicting a scene from Yu-Gi-Oh, that he was sure he would recognize if he only took the time to watch more TV.
 
The male she was speaking to wasn't really talking, but had a look of death on his face as he faced away from her, attempting in vain to ignore her. It wasn't working. He was wearing a blue button up shirt and black slacks that contrasted his waist long silver hair and golden eyes. His hand visibly cracked the chairs armed and some jumped at the sudden noise.
 
The other female was sighing and sticking her shoulder length black hair out of her brown eyes. She grabbed the girls shoulder and pushed her back into her chair. Sliding up to the front of her chair behind the two, stuck her head between theirs so she could be heard. She spoke forcefully, but quietly so no one would hear her. Kurama clearly saw her give them the look that said shut up or I hit you. When the two didn't say anything she stood up and faced Kurama.
 
“We have made a decision, Your Honor.”
 
Kurama sighed and smiled, letting her know that he and pretty much the rest of the room were tired of waiting. “Yes?”
 
“We find the defendant guilty?”
 
Kurama nodded, it was exactly the verdict he thought would be chosen but didn't say anything pertaining to the length of time it took them to come up with it. He turned face the defendant's table.
 
“Miroku Houshi, you are found guilty of knowingly entering the girls locker room and taking pictures. You are sentenced to three weeks after school detention with janitor Jaken. Court dismissed.” Kurama stepped away from this chair, walking towards the jury to meet Yusuke, Kuwabara and Hiei. Kuwabara and Yusuke were still in their seats when he arrived and it wasn't very hard to see why. The two that were halting the session were at it again, and it didn't look too pretty.
 
Kurama saw Yusuke turn to greet him as he walked up. “Hey Kurama, you have to watch these too, it's amazing! The girl sure is a spit fire, but the guy has mass. I can't decide who would win in a fight.”
 
Kurama sighed as Kuwabara apparently heard what he had said and decided to (uselessly) defend the guy. “Urameshi! I'm sure he would never hit a girl.” Yusuke scoffed but didn't get a chance to respond because the argument was getting too loud to ignore.
 
“I saw you there you jerk! Don't deny it!” She shouted at him.
 
“You would not know what you saw this Sesshomaru doing if he was standing in front of you.” He said, obviously adding to her frustration. Kurama looked to his left when he felt a presence. Hiei had come up to stand next to him, glancing at him before watching the two. Kurama too turned to watch what would happen.
 
“Yeah? Well this is the last straw! I'm tired of your attitude when you talk to me!” She walked even closer to Sesshomaru, less than a foot away. He didn't move, but narrow his eyes at her more. “I'm declaring war on you Sesshomaru Taisho.” She said in low tones and planted her hands on her hips.
 
Neither moved for several minutes and Kurama had the sudden urge to go up and poke one of them to see if they'd fall over. Luckily, the girl's friend put a hand on her shoulder and pulled her away, grabbing Miroku's wrist on her way out of the door. He then turned back to watch Sesshomaru. A smirk evident and he spoke quietly enough that only other demons could hear him, “We shall see, Miko, we shall see.” He turned and walked out the back entrance.
 
That was when the people started to clear out of the room. Kurama looked at Yusuke and then Kuwabara, and back to Yusuke when he said, “Well, I wonder how this is going to turn out.”
 
Hiei only raised an eyebrow.
 
 
So… Happy Pi Day! Twas yesterday, but I don't do anything on Fridays so there you go. Anyways, I deleted `My Fifteen Pound Bag' and put up this instead. I'm gonna see how this one floats before maybe taking it down and working on it some more, but it's only a prologue.
 
Bruce n' Charlie