InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ To Start a War ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 1
 
Sango sighed as she released her friend's shoulder who immediately stopped walking and turned around to search the hallway for any trace of the demon she had come so close to hating. Sango shook her head her head and turned to watch Miroku who was doing nothing to release her hold on his wrist, quite the opposite in fact, trying to get closer to her. Instantly she released his wrist and rubbed her eyes. “Not now Miroku, we have to find a way out of this, again.”
 
“My apologies, fair lady, your beauty erased my memory of anything but your presence.” He tried to place a kiss on the back of her hand but he never got close enough to reach the appendage. Sango whacked him lightly on the head, she really liked Miroku, but he came on a little too strongly. After all the years they've been friends, she would have figured that he'd get less intense, but it was not to be. He groped more often and sweet talked anything that had a butt. It seemed like they were never to be.
 
“Miroku don't, this is serious.” She faced her friend. “Kagome you need to talk to Sesshomaru, if you don't he'll make our lives miserable.” Kagome hair whipped about her as she faced Sango.
 
“No, I will not talk to him. He'll get what's coming to him, and be pushed down a few stairs in the process.”
 
“Sesshomaru will make our lives fell in the coming weeks, you remember when he helped you against Inuyasha. He was pure evil, and this time Miroku, Inuyasha and I will be in the line of fire because we're your friends. I can't believe you've gotten us into this position again. This is the third time.” Kagome huffed but didn't say anything as she turned to watch ever un-populating hallway.
 
Instead of seeing Sesshomaru, Inuyasha was walking towards them and stopped in front of Kagome to grab her shoulders and shake. “What the fuck do you think you're doing wench?! What plant are you from?!” Kagome frowned and Sango smiled, thinking Inuyasha could knock some sense into the girl. “It was fine when you declared war on me! I couldn't really do anything to you, life was good again in a week. But Sesshomaru, he has money and resources, whatever you have planned will not work.”
 
Kagome stepped backwards, forcing Inuyasha to let go of her shoulders. “No Inu, I have to do this, he's been a pain in the butt for longer than I should have had to put up with. It's your decision if you want to help of not.” She stared him down, awaiting his answer. For a minute it didn't look like he was going to so she faced Sango instead.
 
“I'm sorry Kagome, I can't. Not this time.”
 
“Fine, I respect that. How about you Miroku?”
 
Miroku smiled and took her hand. “You needn't give me any time to decide, seeing as I've already chosen to follow you to the end of the world and back.” Kagome sighed and pulled her hand back. Before returning to the conversation, she scanned the now almost empty hallway again quickly searching for Sesshomaru again.
 
“You better only be sticking around because you're a friend.” She grumbled.
 
Miroku frowned but moved farther away so she wouldn't smack him. “Of course Kagome, platonically.”
 
“Stay far away from me, and we'll be good.” And again she faced Inuyasha. “You're the last to decide, what's your answer?”
 
Inuyasha thought over his choices, and boy there were many. Sesshomaru would torture him and make his life miserable if he helped Kagome. On the other hand, Sesshomaru would torture him and make his life miserable because they were related. Hum, try and make his life miserable and get hurt in the process, or affect him in no way and get hurt while doing nothing. Tough choices… “Sure, he'll try and kill me either way. So yeah I'll help ya get the bastard.”
 
Kagome pounced, giving Inuyasha a giant hug. “Thank you, Inu!” He blushed and hugged her back quickly before pushing her away, his embarrassment obvious with a clearing of the throat and running a hand through his hair.
 
Kagome checked the now empty hallway again before facing her best female friend again. Sango tried to avoid her eyes as her friend awaited for her attention patiently. “Are you sure, we could really use your help on this Sango.”
 
Sango nodded slowly. “I'm sorry Kagome. I can't, not this time.” Kagome stared at her, and she stared back. Neither could say anything, and when the silence became too much Sango turned to walk away leaving Kagome to watch her depart.
 
Kagome thought back through everything that she'd done, and after creating a list she decided that Sango walking away from another adventure was definitely on of the hardest things that she had ever had to go through. Well compared to winning that contest when she was six, and almost hitting that teacher in seventh grade, it was a pretty big issue to have Sango walk away.
 
It only took several minutes for Kagome to turn around and focus on the conversation that Inuyasha and Miroku were having. “We need to do something small, but effective.” Finally she was able to understand what was being said, and she realized that it was Miroku who spoke.
 
“Yeah, well maybe you don't know this Monk, but the bastard doesn't miss much. He'd notice if we switched his keys before he even picked `um up.” Inuyasha and Miroku continued to `out smart each other' with their brilliant ideas while Kagome's brain worked to think of something simple but effective. And four seconds later she started grinning, immediately grabbing the boy's attention.
 
“What you thinking about, Wench?” Kagome grinned wider and turned to walk out to Inuyasha's car.
 
“I think we need to go to a hardware store.” They didn't follow until Kagome called their names. Rushing to meet her they got in the car. “Inu, when does Sesshomaru get home?”
 
“He has to go pick up Rin, and her school is on the other side of town. So I'd say two hours including traffic.”
 
“That should be enough to execute the plan.”
 
“What plan?” Miroku questioned from the back seat confused.
 
/*-*/*-*/*-*/*-*/*-*/*-*/*-*/
 
Only fifteen minutes left until Sesshomaru got home left the trio sitting at the front door of his house. “You know, it's a good thing that you kept Sesshomaru's house key and happened to have the perfect sized screw driver in you glove box, or this plan would completely fail.” Inuyasha grunted at Miroku as he watched Kagome us the screw driver to separate Sesshomaru's door knob from the door. “Actually that's a good question. Why do you keep his key and why do you have screw drivers in your car?”
 
“Shut up, ya damn Monk, we only have fifteen minutes left til his gets here.”
 
“Guys! Stop talking! We're really lucky Sesshomaru forgot to enable his security this morning, or we would be toast. I don't want to have come all this way for nothing. Inuyasha opening the packaging! I got the knob off!” Inuyasha grunted and grabbed to new door knob out of the bag and used his nails to break the near indestructible plastic. If there was one thing Inuyasha hated more than Sesshomaru, it would have to be how companies decided to package their products. In all honesty, the companies were really smart. You'd buy the product, but they'd protect it so much it became impossible to even open it up.
 
Unfortunately, Inuyasha decided that he was a nice enough friend that he wouldn't let Kagome kill herself by decapitating her hand and bleeding to death. But after several minutes of struggle, he decided that he didn't mind if the Monk died or not. “Miroku, I'm gonna open the plastic enough so that you can get your hand in and grab the handle. Get ready.”
 
Kagome crawled over in an attempt to help but Inuyasha turned his back to her. “No Kagome! This stuff can kill you!”
 
“I seriously doubt that.” She grumbled but she backed down as Inuyasha and Miroku got ready.
 
“If you don't believe me, Google it! Miroku! Get ready!”
 
Miroku frowned but placed his hand over the plastic as he was told and waited for Inuyasha to try and defy the plastic. “You're willing to sacrifice my life? How rude.”
 
“That's because I don't care about your safety. Alright on three. One, Two, Three! Hurry!” Miroku shoved his hand in the packaging, making sure his grip was good on the handle before ripping his hand out. The plastic snapped back together and fell uselessly to the ground. Both Inuyasha and Miroku stared at each other eyes wide, glad that the plastic didn't decided to chop someone's hand off.
 
Kagome sighed. “As much I'm excited that you two remain unscathed, we have less than five minutes.”
 
Inuyasha snapped out his daze and grabbed the knob from Miroku's hand. “Let me do it Wench, we'll get out of here faster.” He grabbed the screw driver off the floor and quickly screwed the handle into place, and Kagome started collecting the supplies and garbage. Miroku was already in the car, starting it up. Inuyasha locked the new door knob and ran towards the car. Kagome shut the door on her way out and jumped in the car, eager to make a quick escape.
 
By the time they got down the street and parked, Sesshomaru's car appeared around the corner and was in the driveway. They all watched as he pulled into the garage, and waited in silence for them to go to the front door. They were surprised when they didn't exit the garage and even more so when a light in the house turned on.
 
Kagome's head fell to her knees. She'd forgotten that he didn't use the front door, but that they entered through the garage every day. Miroku decided to break the silence, trying to reassure Kagome that they would get him next time. “Simple, yet non-affective.”
 
She turned her head to glare at him. “We're going to need more help.” They all nodded and continued to wallowing their failure. But after several minutes Miroku spoke again.
 
“I think I know just the people. I will arrange a meeting for sometime tomorrow.”
 
/*-*/*-*/*-*/*-*/*-*/*-*/*-*/
 
Well sorry it took me so long to do this chapter, and it probably isn't as good as the first one. Without the Yu Yu gang and all, but no worries, they're in the next one. Which I haven't started yet. But FanFiction wise, I'm only slightly busy and I need to write a stupid English paper that was due Friday.